Written In The Stars

Sabrina Emmerich

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Willow Wand, 11 3/4", Essence of Pixie Dust
Out by the docks of Obsidian Harbour, Sabrina idly twirled the end of her scarf around her little finger, as she stared in to space. Her long brown locks flowed down past her shoulders, the ends of which were about even with her breasts. Her free hand flicked through the stack of tarot cards sitting on her table. Business was slow today. As it was most days. Wizards didn't really need fortune tellers. But Sabrina wasn't in the mood to face muggles today. It would take too much effort, and she was simply not in the mood to put in that effort.

"Fortune, sir? Want to know what your life holds in store?" Her voice, however, was fairly dull, and although she smiled, the smile was not up to her usual standard. Slipping her feet out of her sandals, she pulled her feet up and rested them on her stool, hugging her knees close to her chest. There was no use being melancholy. It was no use to anybody, especially not Sabrina herself.

She hoped someone would come along and pull her out of her funk. She needed to cheer up, and fast.

Hilary had been going on a lot of walks since she had returned to New Zealand, and today was no exception. Today was a day for exploring the docks, something that she had not done in years. She had always loved the sea, the people and the calm but busy feel that it had.

As she walked along, Hilary saw that one of the vendors seemed very down. There were a few things that Hilary could not bear to see, but someone that seemed so sad was definitely one of them. Hilary reached her hand into her bag a pulled out a pouch of taffy, something that she always enjoyed on her 'down' days. After waiting for a family to walk past so that she would not cut them off, Hilary made her way over to the booth.

"Hi there, I know that you don't know me, but my name is Hilary. I saw that you seem a little down, would you like some fudge?" Instead of reaching out her hand for a hand-shake she held out the bag in the direction of the woman.

Sabrina was, naturally, suspicious. She was a fairly sweet natured person, and always tried to see the best in people, but she'd slummed it enough and dealt with rough crowds enough to be naturally incredibly suspicious to see someone offer her chocolate. What was it that she'd been taught as a child? (Or at least, should have been taught?) Never to take candy from strangers?

Although, sweets were Sabrina's drug of choice, so to speak. She didn't drink too much alcohol, never took illegal substances...but if chocolate was a drug, Sabrina would be dangerously addicted.

She wrung her hands together, worrying. No doubt she probably looked like a lunatic in front of this strange woman, so instead she looked at the woman, examining her countenance. There certainly seemed to be no hostility in her look, only genuine kindness and concern. It was a strange happening, but Sabrina relaxed, offering the woman, Hilary, a smile, as she gingerly accepted a piece of fudge.

"Strange behaviour to be so kind to a mere street vendor, Miss Hilary," Sabrina said slowly, cocking an eyebrow at the woman. "But that is very kind of you. Thank you very much." She definitely wasn't used to kindness. She simply had to remind herself, however, that she was in Obsidian Harbour, not Bleak Street, and on a whole, people could be very nice. Not so much towards a lowly fortune teller like herself, but in general, people weren't so bad.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. My name's Sabrina."

Hilary seemed a little concerned as the fortune teller looked her over, realizing that she had made one of those mistakes where she did something that was looked down at by society. She was glad to see though that the fortune teller did that a piece of fudge and introduced herself back. "It's nice to meet you Sabrina, and I guess if it is considered strange to give fudge to people who look sad then I don't really want to be normal" Hilary said with a smile as she reached for a piece of raspberry chocolate fudge, her favourite. "So what is it that you do here Sabrina?"

"Oh!" Sabrina exclaimed, worrying that she'd upset the young woman. "Oh no, it's nothing like that at all. In fact I would probably do the same thing," she admitted. It was true. Sabrina was known for sticking her nose in other people's business. Not in a bad way, no, not at all. Rather, trying to fix other people's problems. It was so easy to forget her own when she worried about everyone else's, she found. "I'm just not used to such kindness," she admitted, with no traces of bitterness or sorrow. It was simply a matter of fact. She worried about other people, they didn't worry about her.

"I tell fortunes," she explained. "There isn't much call for it around here, as most people seem to either know how to do it themselves, or have no interest. Usually I tell fortunes for muggles. Today I was just feeling lazy," she explained, a lame excuse. "I just like sitting here and looking out at the harbour, really, under the pretense of work. And yourself?"

Hilary smiled at the woman "I guess we have something in common then. This is always just how I have been. Sometimes I forget that that isn't always seen as a positive by people. I'm sorry if I scared you or something, I know how much you have to watch for poisons or stalkers or whatever in this day and age."

As she explained what she did, Hilary nodded in understanding. She had taken Divination for a few years at school and at least knew the basic premise of it, even if she had never been very good at it herself. When asked what she was doing Hilary smiled slightly, that was a bit of a tough question. "Well, I moved back to New Zealand from Canada just a couple of days ago" Hilary explained, "I am currently just doing some exploring and job hunting. It was the sea that drew me down here, I've missed it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back