Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 14" Sturdy Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
A slight fog lingered around the castle when Isaiah opened his eyes that morning. He had returned to school some days before and was once again missing the noise and familiarity that he associated with his home. With his brothers. The Ravenclaw sat up in his bed and glanced to the window. He couldn't help but sigh as he noticed the fog. The boy was generally a pretty happy kid, he adored reading and joking about with his brothers but the beginning of the term usually brought with it a tinge of sadness and longing to the boy's mood. Sensing that he probably would not get back to sleep the teen pushed back the covers on his bed and sat up. Isaiah had no plans for that day neither had he had any since returning. Isaiah had spent almost all of his time peacefully reading in either the dorm or the common room. Today, however, he decided that despite the not-so-great weather that he should venture outside. The somewhat stale air of the dorm and common room were likely doing nothing for his melancholy mood. Throwing on whatever clean clothes he was able to grab, the teen slipped out of the dorm; making as little noise as he possibly could. It was not that the boy was heading outside during a time he wasn't allowed to but it was early, he knew the boys he shared a dorm with would not be pleased with him if he accidentally woke them up by not being careful enough as he left the room.

The teen was unsure about where to go, his mind had decided the outdoors but where? He had no intention of playing any sports. No intention of spending time in the forest or by the lake. It appeared to have left him with just a couple options of where he may venture. In the end, without having made up his mind he just headed downstairs vaguely heading towards the great outdoors walking fairly tiredly. His shoes squeaked on every step echoing through the peaceful school. Isaiah sighed again, running a hand through his short, dirty blond hair. He may not have been able to sleep upstairs but now, having started walking a wave of exhaustion bore over him. The teen's holiday had been action packed he'd scarcely got any sleep. He'd spent as many minutes with his family that he was capable of sparing. It had startled him upon getting home how much his brothers had changed over the course of sixth months. Isaiah still saw them as the adorable little dimple faced toddlers even if it had been a long time since they had been that. Isaiah was hoping they'd be sorted into the house as he was in when they arrived at school. However, the logical part of Isaiah's brain knew that it was highly improbable; he had no doubt that they were smart enough to be in Ravenclaw but he doubted that either wanted to be. No matter though. Isaiah didn't really care where they ended up; they were family he loved them regardless.

Barely even really realising it, the teen had walked from the Ravenclaw tower to the courtyard in what felt like a matter of seconds. He had barely noticed the change in the amount of light from a somber fire-lit hallway to a bright early winter morning. The mist gave off an aura of calm, of peace and tranquility. It seemed to help release the tension the teen had been feeling about being back at school and away from his family. This was the right decision. Isaiah took a long deep breath of the calm morning air and breathed it back out heavily. This felt perfect. Suddenly feeling jovial Isaiah walked to the centre of the courtyard where he then sat down on the slightly damp and cold stone ground. He hadn't brought a book with him, just his wand and of course his mind. Isaiah was gifted as were nearly all of those in Ravenclaw to some respect, however, his intelligence did not really lie in academia it lay more in his ability to tell stories well he believed so. Isaiah took the fact it was early and therefore few students or professors should be around as an opportunity to allow himself to lie down on the cold hard stone and let himself stare up at the sky, though his view was blocked by mist. It meant he could scarcely see the castle through all of the mist, he didn't really mind that though. The fog was too thick. His fringe fell away from his face and the growing brightness of the morning made Isaiah's dark green eyes stand out starkly from his pale sun-lacking face. His mind was already racing, names, places, scenarios, all playing out in his head. Instead of just letting his mind roam free as he usual did, Isaiah took out his wand and using a spell he'd learned in the previous year began to write in the air. The words appearing and then disappearing a few moments later.

Aluetta spent most of her morning cleaning up around her dorm and organizing. It seemed that no matter how many times she straightened up her books they always looked a bit crooked, and she would have to go back and attempt to straighten them again. Everyone in the Gryffindor girl's dormitory seemed to think it was odd that the blonde kept going back to straighten up, but for Lue that was a normal day. She had always been a bit of a neat freak - her father would always tease her about it. It wasn't so bad though, as she was always praised on how clean her room was - especially for an eleven year old. It was only ever a problem when she stayed with friends or other relatives, as she wanted to clean after them as well. Even so, once she was done, Lue always found a way to relax, and on this particular day, she had decided that it would be best for her to relax outside, even though it was quite foggy.

The petite student grabbed a pair of jeans and a thin sweater, estimating that with the fog it would be a bit cold out. Before heading outside she had stopped by the kitchens in order to grab an apple to eat from the darling house elves. Of course that five minute visit turned into a ten minute visit adn her hugging each and every one of the kitchen staff that would allow her to hug them. She couldn't help but think that house elves were some of the cutest things she had ever seen. The over sized ears were really what made her smile. So with that smile, and a once-bitten apple, she made her way finally out into the large courtyard that held much of the fog inside of it. It was beautiful, and as she ate, Lue didn't do much more other than admire it.

She had been sitting in the grass for some time now, munching happily on the apple, when she noticed some of the fog beside her - a few feet away - began to move. It created words, and intrigued, Aluetta got to her feet and made her way over to whoever was writing those words. As the blonde got closer, she noticed a boy whom was probably a year or so older than her, writing in the fog with his wand. She smiled at him, immediately entranced, and took a seat beside him. "That's amazing! I didn't know wands could do that! How are you doing that?" She asked, not hesitating to start a conversation with him, her semi-rough voice piercing the silence that the fog seemed to create.

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">The silence of the mist filled morning allowed Isaiah's keen mind to work rapidly and with very few interruptions. He'd had very little time alone during the winter break something that had been entirely his choice, even the dorm had been noisy with students catching up with one another that meant that these were the first real moments of true peace and tranquillity since last semester. Now, in the silence of this early mist filled morning he was finally getting the peace his life had been incredibly lacking for weeks. It made the young teen fairly content. The teen was not a very outgoing person - by choice - he may be friendly enough if he wanted to be but he chose to not keeping largely to himself never going out of his way to make friends, though friendly Isaiah had always been quite solitary. He tried his hardest just when it came to quidditch, the importance of a good team dynamic was not lost on him. Quidditch was one of Isaiah's favourite past times, after story telling of course. He enjoyed the structure and the fun above all else he just really enjoyed flying. Flying was one of best things about being a wizard. Isaiah thought so. Although just being a wizard was a pretty amazing thing. After all, here he was laying on the cold stone of the courtyard writing words with his wand in the mist at the best school in the world for young minds like himself. The silence of the morning so intense that even while in deep concentration his ear were able to picked up the sound of light shoes, that ever familiar sound of rapidly approaching feet. His mind still so very focused on what he was doing that it only vaguely pulled away. Isaiah knew he was doing nothing wrong, aside from being an extremely early riser.

Isaiah was however startled by the fact it turned out the person was coming to talk to him, a small slightly rough voice pierced through his peace, the last word that he'd written vanishing before his dark green eyes. He pushed himself up slightly so he was leaning on his elbows, dark green eyes darting to the person, his wand lowered. It appeared as though it was a girl, younger than him by a few years, someone he had never seen before. Though that was not particularly hard. Isaiah decided upon looking at her that she was likely a first year, she had that curious excited air most first years had. The girl took a seat beside him and he had to chuckle slightly at the lack of formality of the girl. "Hi" he said with purpose and a small nod of his head as if saying proper greeting, "I'm Isaiah" he told her, wondering why she hadn't introduced herself before launching into her sentence. It was likely just that she was incredibly taken and interested by what he'd been doing most first years were incredibly taken by magic being preformed all around them, though he thought this spell, the spell he was doing was barely anything of note really. He was but a 3rd year, his spells were not that advanced. Not completely unlike her voice Isaiah's was far rougher, rough from over use during the holidays and from a lack of use more recently. He cleared his throat in an attempt to make himself sound less like he was talking with gravel in his throat. "It's an advanced second year spell, there is no incantation, I just think and it happens" Isaiah lacked the ability to explain it really. It was an advanced second year spell, she wouldn't be able to do it considering she'd probably just got her wand.

"You're a first year right, gryffindor or slytherin perhaps? I'm positive that you're plenty intelligent, this spell may be just a little too tricky for you to manage at this precise moment." The teen wasn't trying to be be nasty to this young girl, his tone indicated that he was just stating simple fact not wanting her to think that she would get it just upon arriving here at Hogwarts, his voice was however rough, even he would admit that it sound pretty horrible. "I use the spell to write out important things for stories, like names of places, people it's pretty useful. It allows me to write out the mundane things so that my brain can avoid focusing too much on them."

Though Aluetta was well composed on the outside, inside her mind it was like a hundred little people were constantly asking questions, all in her voice. She often times felt a bit overwhelmed with questions in her mind, causing her to blurt them out at inopportune times. Her parents had become accustomed to that, but said she still needed to learn to be quiet, and worked with her every day on being polite. Perhaps this was why, when she approached the older gentleman, she didn't bother to say her name. She only thought of the fact that she hadn't introduced herself after he had already introduced himself to her. She put her hand to the side of her head rather quickly and laughed. "Duh! I'm sorry, sometimes I just forget to introduce myself. I'm Aluetta, you can call me by just about any nic name. My parents call me Lue though! Isaiah is an awesome name though! Do you know what it mean?" The blonde stopped to take a breath and adjusted her sitting, giving the boy time to talk to her about the spell.

"A second year spell! That is so cool! You must have a quiet mind to be able to think and have something just happen. I know that if I tried to think for things to happen my wand wouldn't be able to process everything. I always have so much going on!" She smiled at her own statement, feeling there was nothing wrong with having a busy mind. She kept herself busy constantly which was why it was that way. Her parents and friends always wanted her to slow down, and it got her in trouble in her other school, but she couldn't help it. She nodded at him now, to answer his question. "I'ma Gryffindor, but I don't know if I'm much of a smart person. My dad says that my brain is always somewhere on vacation - whatever that means - and that's why I'm in my house. I wanted Ravenclaw, but that wasn't something I was suited for." She stopped her rambling to look behind her at the sound of a twig somewhere. She was always so easily distracted, but often quick to snap back to conversation. "You write stories you said? What are they like? I love to read and tell stories!" She was obviously excited by this new development, and was prepared to listen for a long stretch of time.

It didn't really occur to Isaiah that in his saying hello and sort of insisting upon a formal greeting of some sort that it was almost as rude. Isaiah had always tried to be polite and he couldn't help himself in trying to help others be polite. It was one of the things that he knew went quite a long way. The girl in front of him seemed younger, likely a first year and she seemed excitable. A small smile graced his lips as his mind cast back to his brothers. Those memories of his brothers from the holiday easily made the smile grace his lips. The memories were shaken from him when the girl introduced herself as Aluetta, though stating that he could call her by any nickname. A fact that he was likely going to take, because Aluetta seemed like a bit of a mouthful to say each and every time. Isaiah smiled at her compliment and then gave a small nod, "It's a name from the old testament of the christian bible, it meant Yahweh is salvation, I'm sure." he told her, glancing from the girl's face to the mist covered sky as if making sure that he was remembering that correctly. "My parents aren't religious, they just randomly picked a name and it ended up being Isaiah." This was really unnecessary information, but he didn't mind telling her. His name was interesting he thought. A little bit different and since it had a short origin story, it was easy to tell. "What does Aluetta mean?" he returned the question, feeling it only polite to do so and keen to learn more about this girl's name. While a mouthful it seemed really pretty interesting and he was naturally curious about it. The Ravenclaw instinct in him was pretty strong, he liked knowing the story behind things as much as he liked telling the story.

As the girl continued speaking he couldn't help but nod in agreement. He was good at emptying his mind when he needed to but his mind still worked busily as he attempted to cast spells. His mind got busy when he got really interested or focused in on a story or point in his head, and that was sometimes when things got a little frustrating. Most of the time however, Isaiah quietened his mind with ease. "It takes a little practice. Quieting your mind, and the spell. Both will come with time" his voice seemed to be improving slightly and a tone of encouragement snaked it's way into his voice. His mind was busy when he was stressed and had a lot on his plate. School was one of those places where he didn't really get stressed. The work came to him with ease and his own studying he completed with no problems. A gryffindor, that was hardly surprising now that he thought about it. He listened as she spoke, and it wasn't a very good thing for a father to say to his child, and Isaiah felt an anger burn inside him at it. "Your father's wrong." he didn't elaborate on what he meant, "You are suited for Gryffindor, but just because you are not in Ravenclaw that doesn't make you any less smart. There are just other drivers with more power." his tone had an almost, be proud of who you are side of it. He believed in house pride, but he also believed in self pride, that people should be pleased with who they are and never let others tell them differently. Which was why he was so keen to have said something. As she spoke again, he couldn't help but chuckle lightly, "Yeah, I do. Mostly for my brothers. They involve knights and wizards and large battles." he smiled at her as he spoke, "What kind of stories do you like?"

Ugh, this sucks

Aluetta's blue eyes sparkled in wonderment as she listened. As simple minded as she was when it came to figures of speech, or sarcasm, any subject that could be learned from a book seemingly stuck with her. She loved to learn about peoples names. "Wow, It's neat that your parents didn't take it from that. I never understood naming a baby after someone. Like what if they hate that person, or act nothing like them? No you look silly for naming them that." Placing a hand in front of her face she laughed slightly, and then continued. "My name means lark in french, but it's actually spelled differently. And it's weird before I don't think either of my parents are french, but I live in France. I do sing a lot though, which my parents say fits my name. I don't agree though, Larks have a pretty ugly song voice." Taking in a breath, Lue paused, signaling that after all of that she was done babbling. It was quite a wonder that the young Gryffindor could fit as many thoughts as she did into her mind. She got them all out in one piece though, and her voice hardly stuttered or slowed.

Aluetta cocked her head to the side lightly, blonde waves falling over her shoulder and caressing her wrists. She was confused by his first statement, and then shocked by his second. No one had ever told her her father was wrong. She sat for a moment pondering what he said. Could it be true that she could be as smart as a Ravenclaw. It was obvious on her face that the man's words were the epitome of an epiphany. She looked at him and cracked a large, white toothed smile - the little gap between her teeth showing. "Thanks, no one says that about me usually. They say I know what I read, but I just don't know anything else. I always thought Ravenclaws were witty you know?" She smiled at the thought that she could have been a Ravenclaw - but she had more Gryffindor qualities. "I love all kinds of stories. Especially ones with princesses, and adventure, and all other things like that. I also love stories that have to do with talking animals!" She grinned at him. "I bet your brothers love your stories!"

It is beautiful!

Isaiah's experiences of family were different from most people's. He realised that his experiences of childhood and family life differed from most people now as a third year more than he had ever realised before, it was as if Hogwarts had given him a new perspective his upbringing. This place, this school, this truly magical school was his opportunity to be more child-like more immature, it allowed him to be the child he had long since stopped thinking of himself as. To be the young person his father was always pushing him to be, the ever familiar words of you're too mature Isaiah, be more selfish Isaiah, for gods sake Isaiah I'm the adult you're the child, rattled loudly in his head. Perhaps his father was right about what he said to Isaiah, but it didn't mean that Isaiah liked hearing him say such things. The boy tried his hardest in his family. He didn't think his father understood why he was quite how he was or why he had needed to become the person that he now was. The teen liked that this girl in front of him seemed incredibly pleased about the origin of his name, about the fact that his parents had randomly selected a name from a book filled with names and then given it to him. He knew that his name was the only name that had been picked like that out of him and his brothers. Far more care and thought had gone into naming his brothers. His had been the only one picked at random, he was his parent's eldest child and being the first of his family meant his parents had been young, inexperienced and utterly clueless about what name to give him. They had never been a family intent of naming children after other family members. Isaiah couldn't help but give a small smile when she laughed, the tone of her laugh made him smile with ease, before she began talking about her own name and the origin of that. The girl had a French name, that in itself was pretty interesting. The Ravenclaw boy then suddenly remembered a particular song, from his days in muggle primary school when he was learning French that had her name as part of it.

"There's a song about the name isn't there, or well a song about the bird?" he asked curiosity clear in his tone, though he had an element of uncertainty as to if he was just imagining the song existing, or if in fact it was a song that did exist. Isaiah couldn't remember how it went or really any of the words aside from the name of the bird or even the tune but he was sure that it had been something he'd been taught. Isaiah had always enjoyed languages in primary school but he'd never been good at them. They, he knew, required practice and time, those were the thing that during certain part of primary Isaiah had lacked. Where most if not all other things he learned had come exceptionally naturally to him, languages had not. His love for taking things apart just to put them back together helped show where his passions had been while in primary. He considered what her family had said about it fitting her once she'd finished talking, though the birds having a bad singing voice, Isaiah was sure that wasn't what her parents meant when they said she was like the bird she was named after. "I'm sure your parents don't mean it like that" then once he'd said that with as much of a tone of reassurance as he could, he thought about what else she'd said, the girl did talk a lot in one go, she didn't think either of her parents were French, though the girl's family lived in France "What are your parents, if they are not French?"

Isaiah glanced around them quickly following his question to her, letting his green eyes adjust to the growing brightness of the morning. As the sun somewhere behind all the mist rose higher the light had got brighter and really should continue to do so until it reached its peak. He could see glancing around that the heavy mist around them and the castle was fading, disappearing slowing but disappearing nonetheless. He looked back at the girl and gave a small smile. Isaiah didn't think that it was right for parents to ever say what their child was bad at something perhaps never outright or that they wouldn't be suited for the house the child wanted. Obviously the different house meant the person was better suited somewhere else, like he'd said, they had a different driver but it didn't mean they wouldn't have done well in the house they'd wanted to be in had they got into it. The girl seemed nice enough, and Isaiah had no problems saying what he'd said about the girl's father. Isaiah spoke his mind whenever he wanted, holding back in his mind did more harm than good. In saying that, the only person he held back with was his own father and really things between them though better would never be good. "Intelligence comes in many various forms, being able to remember what you read and use it in the right places is a form of intelligence." At the next thing that she said, Isaiah couldn't help but frown at her slightly his mind thinking back carefully over her words. Before as carefully picking his own to reply with "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" he quoted with ease and with a bright smile, he believed that there was an important distinction to make between wit and being witty.

"Wit is a little different from being witty. Wit is about the ability to use words or ideas in a clever or imaginative manner, to have practical intelligence. Being witty is usually regarded as inventive humour. So, really you may be intelligent and have some degree of wit but not actually be witty and vice versa." Isaiah loved reading about words and their origin, despite his inability with other languages, much like how he enjoyed taking apart objects word were the same. He liked seeing the prefixes and suffixes of words and how interlinked words were. He liked seeing if words came from old English, Ancient Greek or Latin, taking words apart to put them back together. Isaiah let his mind let go of the definition of wit as he listened more closely to what Lue was saying, smiling slightly as she spoke. She seemed to enjoy similar stories as his brothers did, as really Isaiah did too, at her last statement Isaiah couldn't help but laugh slightly. He gave a small sigh before laying back on the ground letting his green eyes look away from the girl and stare blankly back up at the sky for a few moments. Eventually he glanced at her, smiling but with an oddly sad expression lingering in his smile. "My brothers used to love my stories but they tell me they are getting a little old for them now. They tell me that they are too old for story time now." he told her, a lingering longing sat within his words. "I just think it means my stories have to get better, so I'm working on them" his tone was far lighter as he said this motioning vaguely with his hand referring back to the words he been writing. Isaiah sounded still a little bad, his voice still pretty rough but far better than it had been. "Do you have any siblings, Lue?" he asked her, looking away from her and back up at the sky as he spoke, keen to move the topic away from his brothers. His wand was still in his hand and he wrote her name in the way he'd been writing the other words, knowing that if any of the girl's previous answers where anything to go by she should likely have a lot to say.

I'm sorry about the length. I honestly don't know what happened. xD

I haven't been avoiding this because my post will be short compared to yours :r

Aluetta's cheeks turned rosy in the mist from the smile being held on her face for so long. She was not unaccustomed to the pains she got from smiling though. Her cheek muscles at the end of the night were often tense, but she figured it was a sign of true happiness and never really minded. Perhaps all the smiling was the cause of her slightly chubby cheeks that her grandmother used to pinch when she was younger. After all, she didn't think her real mother had chubby cheeks, and her two sisters didn't quite have the same cheek structure as she did. It didn't particularly bother the young girl, as she thought her cheeks were cute and made her look young.

"Yeah! I learned the song in primary school. Of course I did though, I'm from France. You probably guessed that though, because of my accent. It's not very thick though, because my parents and I used to live in Australia!" She shared eagerly with her friend. Lue was proud of herself for making at least one friend that wasn't related to her, though she hoped to make many more. The blonde adjusted her seating, untangling some of her fly aways from under her arm. With long hair came the awful process of pulling it off everything, and keeping it from getting stuck on everything. She often had it tied back for that reason. However, in recent years she had been getting headaches from the weight of the ponytail pulling on the base of her skull. "I think my real mom might be French, but my father and Step-Mom are Australian. I've never met my real mom though. But my sister Prue says she really nice! Well, half sister actually, but I consider her the best big sister ever." Aluetta paused for a moment to make sure the boy was following her fleeting train of thought.

"What about your family?" She quickly added, upon realizing how rude it might seem not to ask the same question back to her companion. She learned that in order to learn of other people, she needed to give some information before asking. That was why she loved games like 20 questions. Her large, blue orbs widened as he spoke. "Wow, Isaiah, you are so smart. I mean you just said all of this amazing stuff and it made me feel kind of warm inside, you know? I like that feeling, it's pretty great. Thank you." She smiled genuinely at him, her lips closed. "You are never too old for a story! If you ever have a good story, you can tell it to me, I'll always listen!" She offered, so that the boy wouldn't lose his love for telling the stories. She never wanted someone to forget the things they loved to do. After all, it was a part of what made them themselves. "I have two half-sisters, Prue is a Gryffindor here and Sav is a Slytherin. It's so cool that i got into the same house as at least one of them." She sighed slightly, glancing around the yard at the rising sun, the light gracefully touching some of the dew on the grass and making it shimmer. "What about your brothers, do any of them go to magic school?

Isaiah was glad when it did turn out that he hadn't in fact imagined the song with her name in it. That would've made this conversation entirely too strange and though Isaiah could largely deal with embarrassment he wasn't sure how easily it would've been to bounce back from referencing a song she didn't know that had her name in it. As the girl continued to explain what she had meant essentially in saying that her family was not french it made sense to him, his family was not a very travelled family really, they were all from Australia, though his step-father was from south africa, but considering that was no blood relations of his it didn't really count. "I'm from Australia" he told her with a smile, though he figured from his fairly thick accent that she would've probably been able to guess as much. The boy kept his eyes on her as she then continued, saying that she didn't know where her real mum was from. He felt a little bad for her, knowing what it was like to be without one of the real parents, "My step-dad's from South Africa. But he lives here in Australia now with my dad and my family, he's a pilot," Isaiah told the girl, unsure of why he was sharing this information with someone he had just met, but the question had been returned to him so he'd answered it almost out of reflex, "Both my biological parents were born and raised in Australia," he told her, not alluding to the fact that his mother was dead; feeling that while important not necessary. This girl didn't need to know about that at all. He didn't think it was necessary for him to say anything about it. Lue wouldn't need to know the slight darkness of his past.

The teen watched the girl flush about what he'd said, he couldn't help but blush slightly at the compliments that she was giving him. He felt happy to help, knowing that every so often some people just needed a little bit of encouragement when it came to certain things. He didn't think it right for parents to be critical so he avoided it, he tried hard to be good to his brothers and always tried to avoid letting his father do as such to them. At her mention of never being too old for a story the boy just nodded and smiled, "That's what I tell them. I may just take you up on that offer, since I get out of practice here at school without them, it was what my mother used to do," he had that tone of sadness laced with his words, he missed his brothers here at Hogwarts and he felt like being away from them was just why they were no longer so interested in his stories. He listened as she explained who her family was, and got a hint of jealous upon finding out that they went to magical school and were here with her, while Isaiah did understand that at school he wouldn't be able to be like he was at home with his brothers he still missed dearly, "That must neat having them here, do you get along?" he asked with a curious tone, "My brothers are too young to come to school, they're twins four years younger than me, Ares and Xavier," he said proudly, smiling at the thought of his brothers, "Hold on, I have a picture," Isaiah reached into the pocket of his jeans and then pulled out a small worn old folded picture of his family, well really just of his younger brothers taken when they were 8 just before he'd left for his second year of Hogwarts, "Xavier is on the right, Ares on the left, they are non-identical," he pointed at them both to let her see them. Isaiah loved his family, it was clear in how he spoke of them.

Aluetta ginned slightly and nodded. "I thought that accent sounded familiar! i always confuse the Australian accent with New Zealand though." She admitted, a small pink tint coming to her cheeks. She only hoped that the confusion was not offensive to anyone. Perhaps that was why Lue felt the need to ask where someone was from, even if the accent seemed obvious. While the blonde was very kind, she chose not to be someone who was pushed around. Though people tried, she stood strong. She had respect for those who didn't try though, which caused Isaiah to already be at the top of her list of people she'd met and liked at Hogwarts. He was so kind, and talkative. Besides that he seemed so smart. "You have a step-parent too?" She asked with a bright smile. "My mom doesn't live with me, but the mom i have is the only mom I've known my whole life, you know? She's super nice." Lue wanted to show him that she was comfortable with her step-mother, and hoped that he felt the same about his step-father.

"Your mom sounds like a super nice lady!" She said with a grin, before nodding in a matter-of-fact way. Aluetta hoped that she could meet her one day. It was unbeknownst to her that his mother had passed, if she knew she wouldn't know how to respond other than hugging him. That of course would lead to an uncomfortable situation in itself. His sudden rustling to pull out a picture from his pocket snapped her back out of her thoughts about his mother, and what she must be like. Her blue eyes glanced at the image and her small smile turned into a large grin. Then she realized she hadn't answered the boys question about how she got along with her siblings. She smacked her own forehead gently. "I'm sorry, I totally spaced out for a second there. Sometimes my brain does it's own thing." She stated with a chuckle. "I get along with Prudence alright, she's a third year and in my house. She's nice, but really studious." She then thought for a moment about her other sister. "Saveli is a Slytherin second year and she's... She's kind of mean. I think she just doesn't know how to be friends. I know that's mean to say, but she really acts like it." She shrugged though. "What about you, have you made a lot of friends to help with not having your brothers here? I bet you make friends really quickly as nice as you are!"

Isaiah just smiled at her, knowing that while the two accents were fairly different it would be hard to those unused to them to be able to pick them apart. He looked at her with a smile, encouragingly so, "I can only imagine how confusing it might at times be," he told her with a sympathetic tone to his voice. Isaiah just felt like being encouraging in this situation was best, it was far better than him being critical and accusing her of not being smart enough just because of one tiny detail. He just smiled at the girl in front of him as she then asked about his step-parents. Isaiah just nodded simply at her, returning the smile and listening along as the girl talked about her mum. Isaiah missed his own mother a lot, he missed her terribly every day, but that was normal, they had been close and the keen lose of her had been felt in his family. Isaiah didn't often talk about his mother, he loved her he would always but loving her didn't mean he was always comfortable talking about her, and talking about the fact she was dead. He just nodded along as she spoke, and then upon her saying that his mother sounded like a super nice lady Isaiah just nodded again, his smile just fading slightly as he thought of how nice a person she had been. He knew that he could've then told Lue that his mother was gone, corrected what she'd said and made it past tense, but he didn't want to do that. He didn't want to have to deal with the fallout of such a thing. The teen just was glad when the conversation swiftly moved to the subject of his brothers, or well, Isaiah showing her a picture of his brothers.

The Ravenclaw's attention spaced slightly as she began answering his question, he was still listening along to what she was saying, but he was distracted by the mist. As the sun rose ever higher in the New Zealand sky, he could see the fading mist. He was just watching it, watching the sky behind become clearer or just more visible. He couldn't help the smile which graced his lips in watching it, with his smiling at the sky he focused his ears on what she was saying, listening along as she spoke about her family here at Hogwarts. At the talk of the girl's cousin, who didn't know how to be friends, Isaiah just shrugged at her, knowing that he too had problems making friends, "Maybe she doesn't want to?" he said with a quiet voice, not sure if the girl would think of that. It was partly true of Isaiah too, he wasn't particularly good with making friends. He came off brash, or reckless sometimes, not often traits of a Ravenclaw, he was studious to an extent but stories were more him, story telling didn't often end with friends. He outcasted himself a lot, feeling that he wouldn't fit in anyway so why bother, so when Lue assumed that he would have many friends, the boy just chuckled lightly and shook his head, "I am more like your cousin, I don't make friends that easily. In fact I have very few friends," he told her with a cheery tone even though he was saying he had no friends, "I'm a solitary man, I spend my time alone in my worlds, other people just cease to exist," Isaiah smiled at the girl, "You will have no problems making friends though, with your friendliness."

Isaiah's smile was enough to keep Aluetta smiling. She nodded at what he said, reassured that she hadn't made a huge mistake. Lue worried sometimes that she would make a mistake and be unable to keep her friends around. It was not as if she was socially inept, but she'd been told before that she could be tactless at times. She heard the noises of other children gathering outside, and the thick fog was a little more translucent. It wasn't all gone, which was exciting for the girl. Perhaps she would get to see him writing more words into the sky. It was such a wild thing for her to think, considering that not long ago she didn't even know which school she was going to go to. She was happy to have picked Hogwarts though, and felt that out of every school it was the best choice for her. It was where her family was after all. Aluetta's smile faded though at his comment about her sister.

"Well..." She paused, thinking rather hard about it. She hadn't considered that, but in her heart she knew that it wasn't true. "Saveli is... rough on the outside, but she needs people. She has one friend but I mean... hmm." It was hard to explain her sister and why Lue knew that she just wanted to be friends. It was the same reason Aluetta just wanted to be accepted by her sisters - Saveli being the only one whom hadn't yet. She stopped thinking on the subject as he continued talking, her head cocked slightly to the side. His own worlds? What did he mean by that. "Your own worlds? Like you have other places to go?" She was confused, relatively new to magic in her own way. She wondered if the older someone got they could travel to other worlds. That would be something after all. It was unfortunate for the blonde that in this moment she was showing exactly what her father meant when he said she didn't have any wit. She didn't understand euphemisms in the least. Her blue eyes were innocent as she looked at him, unaware that the entire point of what he'd said had flown over her head.

Isaiah had never been particularly good with people, he always tried his best and was as friendly as he could, but he always felt out of practice and was at times quick to correct or jump to conclusions, which didn't always fair well in trying to make friends. He had not actually given much thought into what he was saying about her sister about how Lue might react to it. In his mind not wanting to hang around someone boiled down to that person, if they didn't want that, then who was the other person to force the relationship. If they didn't want it, then that was the end of the discussion, Isaiah would've said. In saying all of that, he knew that if it were his siblings who didn't want to be his friend, or didn't want to have friends he'd try to get to the bottom of why, he didn't want them to be alone and he couldn't stand the though of them not wanting to hang out with him. Roles reversed the teen realised he didn't entirely like the idea but would at the very least attempt to respect it. He just cast those thoughts from his mind and focused on the girl in front of him. Since she had continued talking clearly about why she wanted to be friends with this girl, "Give her time, some people just take longer," it was the only advice that Isaiah could really give. it was the only thing that he could even think to say to this girl.

It was clear however, as Isaiah had explained about his own self-inflicted solitude that the girl didn't quite understand what he had meant by other worlds, he just smiled and shook his head at her, "These worlds are not real, they exists in here," Isaiah motioned to his own head and then hers implying that these world's existed in the mind, "Worlds which you create and control," Isaiah explained further just to be sure she didn't think he was of galavanting in distant narnia-esque lands. It was all a part of Isaiah's stories, he liked making new worlds, "It's to help tell stories, like one world in my head is filled with magical people like us, but every time they use their magic they shorten the life of a muggle," he looked at her and just smiled before continuing on, "Within this world lives a bright and eager young witch, she doesn't believe that the magical folk should use their powers because it harms the muggles without the muggles realising. She fights battle after battle never once raising her wand, until more begin to realise she might just be right," Isaiah's green eyes were staring up at the sky, his mind seeing this world he was telling her about. It was all in his head and he loved telling people about his different worlds. He looked back at Lue and smiled at her, "Like that, worlds with stories," Isaiah figured this was probably pretty weird, but he loved the worlds he created no matter how silly they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back