OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat ran up to the owlery with her bundle of letters in her hand. She'd decided to write one to each of her family members instead of writing on long one addressed to them all. She had missed her family very much since she'd come back to school from Christmas holidays. Usually the homesick feeling subsided after a few days, but for some reason this time it didn't...and it had been nearly four months since she'd been back to school. The truth was that Kat was feeling very lonely in such a crowded place. She'd rarely seen any of her friends over the last few months and it was really starting to take its toll on her. There were times when she wondered whether or not she just wanted to go back home and continue her schooling with Serena at home, but she always quickly returned that thought with a big fat NO!

Kat gave each of the letters one last look over to make sure she hadn't left anything out and had done just enough fibbing to keep her parents from becoming utterly anxiety ridden.

Hey brat,

I hope that you have been brushing up on your quidditch skills. I'm going to squash you like a little bug when we finally get a chance to play. I miss you tons sis! Try to keep mum and dad in line...I know what a hassle they can be at times. Love you and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Love,
Kat

Hi mum!

I haven't written in a few days and just wanted to let you know that everything is going great around the school. There haven't been any new catastrophes since Headmistress Barker's kidnapping so there is no need to fret so much. I miss you, daddy, and Rena more than anything, but I'm loving it here as always. Can't wait till summer holidays!! Missing you all!

Love,
Kat

Daddy,

I'm missing you too! I've told mum and now I'm going to tell you...things here are fine so there's no need for panic. I miss you all so much, but I'll be home for a nice long visit in just a few short weeks. Make sure Rena is getting all practiced up with her quidditch...I want at least a decent competition before I squash her.

Love,
Kat

Having figured that each looked well enough, she took the three letters and attached them to Lavender's leg. She gave her bird a treat and then sent her on her way, hoping that she'd hear a response sometime soon from each of them.

Serena was lying on her bed doodling and humming a song when she saw her sisters owl land lightly on her windowsill. She propped herself up on her elbows and then hopped up off the bed to grab the letters that Lavender had attached to her. Serena grabbed the one that was addressed to her and took the other two downstairs to her parents before heading back up to her room. She read Kat's note and giggled a little bit, then she grabbed her pen and a piece of paper and quickly wrote back.
Hey Sis!

Missing you a lot too! No worries, I've been practicing like mad and I do believe that I'm getting better than you. Hope you aren't to disappointed when I clean you clock this summer! I'm trying my darndest to keep mum and dad in line, but you know how that goes. See you in a few weeks sissy! Love you!

Rena

Users who are viewing this thread

Back