OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat needed to write home very badly to see how Serena was doing and to see how her family in general was fairing. She had missed them all summer and the one week that she got to see her mum wasn't nearly enough time to spend with her. Kat grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote a quick note to her family.

Hi Mum, Dad, and Rena!

Sorry I haven't written earlier, but thing at school have been extremely hectic over the last 2 weeks.  Classes are going well, though at the moment it seems a bit overwhelming.  I'm loving being a prefect.  It's even better than I imagined.  Please write back as soon as possible to let me know how things are at home.  I hope Serena is getting back to her normal health.  I miss you all something fierce and can't wait to come home over Christmas.  I love you all very much!

Love,

Your Kat

She sealed the letter and then attached it to Lavender's leg, giving her owl a few treats and sending it on its way.

Cystine was fixing supper when she saw Kat's owl land in the windowsill. She took the letter from Lavender and gave her a few owl treats. Cystine sat down at the table and read the note from her eldest daughter. When she was done she grabbed a piece of parchment and a pen from the kitchen drawer and began to reply to Kat.
Dearest Kat!

First off I want to tell you how extremely proud we all are of you.  You have worked so very hard and everything that you have now is definitely well deserved.  Your sister is doing extremely well and we are exprecting her to make a full recovery, though that will probably take a few more weeks.  You will be able to actually come home for Christmas holidays though.  I'm sure that things can seem a bit overwhelming right now what with all the electives that you are taking, but you are a bright girl and I'm sure that you can handle it.  We all love you very much sweetheart and we miss you terribly, but we do hope that you are enjoying the time you are having at school.  Write back a little more often if you can.

We love you!
Mum

Cystine finished the letter, which had brought a few tears to her eyes as she missed Kat very much. She attached it to Lavender's leg and sent the owl on its way. Once the bird was out of site then she returned to making supper seeing as how Steven would be home from work soon.

Kat was sitting working on homework in her dorm when she heard a small tapping on the window. It was Lavender. She opened the window and let the bird hop down onto the table underneath it. Kat took the letter from around her owl's leg and then gave her a few treats. She opened up the letter from her mother and sat down on the bed to read it. Shd couldn't help but smile. Grabbing a piece of parchment and her quill she wrote a short reply to her family.

Hullo Mum!

Glad to hear that Rena is doing much better.  You all don't know how extremely happy it makes me to know that I can finally come home for break.  I have to cut this short as the homework has truly piled up, but I will write more once I get a chance.

Love you all!
Kat

Kat gave the letter to her bird and sent her on her way, returning to the stack of homework in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back