OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It had been a couple years since Kat had set foot on American soil. She was thinking that the last time had been for Estrella and Jaken's wedding. That thought saddened her slightly seeing as how Jaken was no longer living and left Estrella with four little babies to raise on her own. She just couldn't imagine being widowed so young. Not much made the brunette happy anymore. She wasn't happy at home or with her relationship, she wasn't happy with herself or the way she looked and she wasn't happy with her career. To be honest Kat was downright miserable with life in general and she just wasn't quite sure why.

The former Gryffindor wandered down a pathway through a local park reflecting on the match her team had played against the Sweetwater All-Stars. The Wasps had won, but just barely with their seeker catching the snitch in just the nick of time. Kat sat down on a bench with the warmth of the autumn sun beating down on her. All was quiet with the exception of chirping birds and a few children playing in a nearby sandbox. She watched them for a while with a feeling of sadness washing over her as she wondered if she would ever have any children of her own one day. No question about it she wanted kids more than anything and she knew she wanted to have them with Chace, but Kat wasn't quite sure if he wanted the same thing and the not knowing about their future was really starting to eat her lately.

The blue eyed girl sat there for a while longer, completely lost in thought as to what direction her life was going to go.

Running to the beat of his iPod really relaxed Mark Finnigan. The brown haired boy needed some stress relief from his everyday hectic life. Being a muggle lawyer was extremely difficult, seeing as muggles had more problems than wizarding people. They loved to kill people just for the heck of it, and Mark wasn't to keen on that idea. Running was his only way of expressing how he felt and the only way he could show it.

Listening to some pop music, the boy ran across the path. It was a nice quiet day, except his loud music made up for it. " Oops, sorry dear." He said as he bumped into some pretty girl. He looked a bit closer, his heart skipped a beat, " Kat, is that you?" He asked taking his ear buds out.

Kat lurched slightly to the side when someone bumped into her. Normally she would have just let into someone for not watching where they were going, but when she looked up and saw a familiar face she didn't have the heart to do it. "Mark Finnigan. Long time no see," she said with a grin as she turned to face him. She wrapped her arms around his neck lightly hugging him. He'd grown up since the last time she'd seen him, but then of course she probably looked different to him as well. "How've you been? How's your sister doing?" It was odd, but seeing him again almost gave Kat a sense of peace...a sense of connection to her old life. Back before she was famous, back before she'd ever met Chace or even Sumner for that matter, back to when only her friends mattered the most to her. Her blue eyes were light and carefree when she looked at him. "It's really good to see you," she said sincerely.

Mark hugged his old friend back, " It's great to see you, it's been too long!" He joked as he let go of her. " Caysi's good, just had a daughter, she took over my dad's company so it's a bit hectic." Mark laughed as she brushed his hair back. " I've been good, I'm a muggle lawyer, a bit difficult." He shrugged his shoulders, he looked back at Kat. " How are you? How's everything?" He asked putting his iPod away. " It's like old times." The former Durmstrang chuckled.

"It has been too long. I guess life just gets too busy for our own good sometimes," she said truthfully and regretfully. Kat's jaw dropped slightly when Mark said that Caysi had a daughter. She was incredibly happy for her old friend, but truth be told she was slightly jealous too. "So Caysi has a kid? That's awesome. I'll bet she's beautiful," she started and then continued, "So a lawyer, eh? Sounds exciting. I've been playing quidditch for the Wimborne Wasps...chaser. My sister actually just joined on to the team as well as a beater." When he asked how she was and how everything had been the brunette struggled for an explanation. How do you tell someone that you hadn't seen in nearly over 6 years that you have the life that most girls would kill for and yet you just can't seem to be happy about any of it? Answer...you didn't tell them that all. "I've been good. Living back in England with my boyfr...well I'm just back to living in England. My sister lives with me so it's nice to have a familiar face to come home to. It's life though...I guess you just take the good with the bad and move on." She stopped realizing that she was probably sounding like the most depressing person on the face of the earth so she said, "So how's life as a lawyer and a muggle one at that. Did you get tired of the wizarding community?"

Mark laughed, he would have to agree with Kat. " Yup, she just had her two months ago, she's the cutest thing that you've ever seen in your life." The boy nodded. " Yes, a lawyer." He playfully nodded. " That's really cool, Quidditch was never really my thing." Mark sighed as he remembered the numerous times that he fell off his broom. " England is fun, one of my other sisters lives there." Mark scratched the back of his neck. " Being a lawyer is hard to be honest, dealing with other people's life problems is hard enough when you have your own, you know?" He sighed as he walked to a park bench, motioning for Kat to join him.

"Elise?" Kat thought that was his other sisters name and she couldn't remember right off the top of her head if they had another one other than that or not, but that was the only one she remembered. She listened to him talk about how hard it was to have to deal with someone else's issues when it was hard enough having to deal with your own. Kat merely nodded, figuring it had to be hard on him. "Well I know how hard it is to have to deal with my own problems. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be having to deal with someone else's crap. So why choose that then," she asked curiously.

" Sandra actually, but I'm happy that you remember my family." Mark said happily, now returning back. " I chose it mostly because I took many courses of law in University, which I went to right after I graduated from Durmstrang." He scratched his head, " It was something that came naturally, but when put under pressure, it's a b*tch to deal with." He sighed. " Murder cases are the worse, I won't even get into that." He waved his hands. " How about you, you got a career?" He asked smiling at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back