Worry Wart..

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Vivienne had a lot on her mind recently, and no one to really turn to. Remembering that she hadn't written a letter to her parents in weeks, she slid on a jacket and headed up to the Owlery.
Entering the large, open room, she spotted Charlie at once. He was perched near the entrance as if he'd known she was coming.

"Charlie," she said wearily. "Haven't seen you in a while."

As he fluttered down onto her shoulder, she walked over to a stool in the corner. With a slight yawn, she drew out some parchment and a quill, and started to write.

To Elizabeth Esquire said:
Dear mum,
How's things at home? Sorry I haven't written in ages, but I've just been so busy with school. Have you been travelling much? You should stay home and keep Lana company! I know she wouldn't like it in that big empty house.
Is dad ok? He's not sick again, is he? I know, he's been fine for years, but I'm just feeling a bit superstitious. I've.. well, I've been sleepwalking a bit, (nothing serious!) and you know I only ever did that when something bad was happening.. Don't worry though, it's probably nothing. I bet I've just lost a sock or something like that.. I'm just feeling odd, that's all.
Either way, could you please reply quickly? Just so I can have some peace of mind.

Tell dad, Lana, and everyone else that I miss them heaps.
Love you,
Vivienne.
She sighed, sliding the letter into the envelope and attaching it to Charlie's leg. Watching him fly off, she leaned her head against the wall, too exhausted to leave just then.

Arisa walked into the owlery with a letter for her father when she noticed Viv standing on the wall half asleep "Viv? are you ok?" Arisa asked walking over to her friend.

Vivienne had only just closed her eyes when a voice startled her awake again. "Woah, Arisa? Sorry, you gave me a fright.. Yeah, yeah I'm ok. Just sitting.. standing.. I don't know." Vivienne laughed.

"You look really tired" Arisa said her eyes filled with worry "Have you been sleeping enough? I mean in the forest you made it seem like your first time breaking the rules" Arisa whispered in her ear.

"No, I haven't.. I've been.. having trouble sleeping. It's nothing major though!" Vivienne said, trying not to make Arisa worried.

"Well, I think it was the first time I went into the forest.. I'm not sure though. I knew so much about it, like I'd been there before.. I don't know, I really don't. I don't even know why I was there at all!" Vivienne shook her head slightly.

Arisa frowned, "that dosnt make any sense" Arisa said looking at her friend "have you ever slept walked before?"

Just at that moment, Charlie came swooping through the window. He did a little flip, dropping a letter in Vivienne's lap. She opened it quickly, reading every line twice.
To Vivienne Esquire said:
Dear Viv,
I've been so worried about you! Why haven't you written in ages?

Yes, we've been away a few times, but Svetlana's been fine. Since she doesn't have to look after you, she's just been cleaning and things like that.

Now, your father.. he's fine, don't worry. He was feeling a bit off-colour a few days ago, but the doctor says it's just headaches. He wanted you to come home for a bit, but that's really not necessary. With exams and everything else, there's no point disrupting that.

You were probably sleepwalking because of the stress. It's fine to feel odd sometimes, Viv! I remember how I was at Beauxbatons all those years ago, it's nothing out of the ordinary. So don't stress, you'll be home soon for Christmas.

Good luck with everything. Your father and I miss you very much,
Love, Mum
Vivienne sighed. Her mother was right, there was probably nothing wrong. But the headaches.. that's what the doctors had said the first time. A few months later, he had had a tumour. Vivienne rubbed her eyes, there was nothing she could do.

"I got a letter from my mother," she said, laying both letters down for Arisa to see.

"Oh Viv, is your dad going to be ok?" Arisa asked looking at the letters. "I hope the sleep walking stops its not healthy" Aria said thinking of last night "Although it was useful for me last night" Arisa said with a frown. Her ankle still hurt and she still knew about Mist.

"Yeah, yeah he's probably fine, I'm just a bit worried because.." Vivienne paused, not sure if she should put any burden on Arisa. "Well, a few years ago my father had a brain tumour. He was very sick for months, but with surgery they were able to cut it out. I'm just a bit worried that it might have grown back.. But I bet it's just a headache," Vivienne added quickly, hoping Arisa wouldn't get upset.

Vivienne noticed Arisa glance at her ankle, and remembered about the forest. "Oh, your ankle! I completely forgot! I only remember certain things from the forest.. Anyway, is it ok? Do you need anything?" she quickly glanced around, noticing some ice on the ledge behind them. It was a sign that winter was approaching.

(( Agh I just realised, where in NZ is the school? Because if it's in the south then it may be a bit snowy. But if it's in the north then it wouldn't.. :blink: ))

"No im fine it just hurts a little, I think my ego was hurt a little" Arisa said with a slight laugh "I hope your dad will be okay" Arisa said in a soft voice.

"Yeah, me too. I bet he will be though," Vivienne said, putting on a brave voice. "Anyway, your ankle! Are you sure it's ok? Because we could put a bit of ice onto it.."

"Ya I'll be fine, i wont let a little sprain get me down" Arisa said with a smile "its not that bad all i did was trip on a root while i was running"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back