OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Keye Brianne Hayes was livid. That was probably the shortest and most accurate way to describe her emotions playing around on her features as she made her way towards the Hospital Wing within the third floor. The Hufflepuff was already pretty much quite unsociable, the prefect badge pinned to her chest toning it down a little because of actual responsibilities. However, right now, no one seemed to have the guts to even set foot within a five foot radius. And for good reason. After all, the redhead always had a calm demeanor and despite her obvious annoyance for noise, she would keep her displeasure to herself and quietly slip away, or even tolerate it if only for politeness. But now, her rage was obvious in her rigid stance, her arms crossed in absolutely displeasure and her features twisted into a scowl. And there was one major reason for this anger of hers. Isaiah Jeffreys. Sure she was annoyed with him, but they were somewhat friends and how he treated himself today was the primary cause of her pent-up rage.

It wasn't long until Keye had entered the Hospital Wing. The quidditch game had ended minutes ago, probably nearly half an hour ago. The injured players would have been brought here by now and that was her eyes were darting at every corner of the room in search for the stupidest Ravenclaw chaser she had had the pleasure of forming a sort of friendship with. It did not take long for her to find him, wound up in a hospital bed like she had thought. He would not be moving from there on her watch. Not until the nurse himself would tell her that it was okay for him to get the hell out of there. Crossing the distance between the entrance to his bed in quick strides, she stood beside by his bedside, her arms crossed, her posture rigid, her lips twisted into a near scowl and her eyes set into a hard glare. Yep. She was absolutely, mortally pissed at him and his stupidity. He made her worried after all.

Isaiah had come to shortly after being brought to the hospital and quickly had been given something for the pain still radiating from his arm, which meant that Isaiah was feeling a lot better, even if his arm was still broken, and he was lying on the bed still in his quidditch gear, he felt better. The school nurses knowing that Isaiah had continued to play quidditch, scoring twice after receiving his injured hadn't yet healed it because they were apparently doing checks to see the nature of the break, though they both seemed to think it was a clean break, but also to see if he'd caused the bones to move a little out of place. For the moment Isaiah something giving his arm support and given that he was no longer in pain and having to deal with the quaffle every few minutes he felt a lot better. Dried tear tracks present on his face, he hadn't enjoyed playing like that, but he hadn't seen any other option, he needed to help his team win, he had done pretty well too, scoring three times against the other teams captain.

Isaiah glanced up as someone stood next to him, and he looked to their face with a small shy smile, which faded a little as he noted that it was Keye and that she didn't look happy with him, Isaiah wasn't sure what to say, but seeing her so annoyed brought a smile to his face, "Hey," he said softly, wiping his cheeks with the back of his robes on his non-injured arm to wipe away the marks of the tears which had fallen during the game when he'd had the ball in his hands or when he'd thrown it, at any point really where the pain had peaked. He wasn't sure anything he said was going to settle her, or calm her down, she did look positively livid with him, "Did you enjoy the game? I didn't think you'd come," he tried to soothe, with a smile trying his best to get her to calm down but figuring that he probably would not manage it, Keye was probably going to be annoyed at him for a while and then annoyed at everyone else because of what he did, "I was hoping Ravenclaw would win," he added with a small shrug with his good arm, knowing that no matter what he said, he was probably going to make this worse.

Keye didn't know how to calm the anger raging within her. She was absolutely pissed with everyone involved with that game! The referee, the spectators and the freaking players! All of them! She had been glaring at the seekers, all the seekers, for not finishing the game quick. She had been cursing the beaters for setting the bludgers on the players and then the others failing to protect their teammates! They of all people should know how painful those things are! There are only two bludgers! And four beaters! And most of all, she had been killing Isaiah repeatedly in her head! He had been hit once! Okay, that was fine, a bit normal even. But a second time?! And he had the nerve to keep playing! While crying or in obvious pain! And she couldn't do anything but watch! Just praying that he wouldn't get hit another time or fall from his broom or collide with the hoops or anything! Everything angered her by this point.

"Hey?" she repeated with much annoyance and she would have really preferred for him to just stop talking but no. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Typical him. "Did I enjoy the game? Did I enjoy the game?!" her voice raising and her pitch becoming slightly higher than normal as she had already uncrossed her arms, both now at her sides, tense as she tried to keep herself from hitting anyone, particularly him. Although the desire to hit him repeatedly was quite overwhelming. "Are you kidding me?!" she yelled at his final remark. She couldn't help it anymore. She had never been this angry. She had never been this worried and it only made room for lividity in her normal calm demeanor. "Of course I absolutely loved watching you get hit out there! I definitely enjoyed the game!" Keye all but spat at him, the sarcasm blatant. She couldn't care any less who would win the game by the time he had gotten hit a second time and wasn't subbed out. They could all lose for all she cared. The Hufflepuff just wanted him out of there and tended to. But that was obviously not what happened. She was not calming down. Where was the nurse? If no one came soon she was pretty sure that he would get the brunt, or a lot more of it anyway, of her built up anger.

Isaiah had expected her to be pretty annoyed about it, to be pretty pissed at him for what he'd done and what he'd then said to her, but Isaiah wasn't sure what else she wanted him to say, what he could say about what had happened to make her calm down, he looked at her, and could see the annoyance on her face, he could tell that she wanted to hit him and he was almost tempted to let her so that she might calm down since he had no justification for what happened, there was nothing he could do to stop what had happened, it had of course just happened. He just flinched a little at her tone but his smile remained on his face listening to her continue yelling at him about how much she had loved seeing him get hit with the quaffles and though she was yelling at him, the teen just smiled at her, unable to really stop himself from doing so.

"You care about me," Isaiah concluded with a small smile at her, even though they were tentative friends who occasionally spent time patrolling it had always been him doing the talking and doing most of the singing and her just silently being either annoyed at something with him but clearly she cared about him, and this brought a small smile to his face, "You care about your dear old patrol partner, you clearly care about me and you can't even hide it any more," Isaiah added looking at her with the smile still clear on his face, he was feeling more comfortable, since he could no longer feel the pain in his arm and he could was no longer stressing about playing and getting the ball in the hoop and he was just faced with Keye, he couldn't wait to see Ares and Xavier knowing they would likely be worried about what had happened with him, though they would likely not be annoyed like she was annoyed. He wondered how long it would take for them to reach the hospital wing, although perhaps they were holding back since Keye had already managed to arrive, although her anger towards him and need to yell at him because of it, "I had to continue playing, and it's just a broken arm, it's fine, I'm fine," he told her with a as reassuring a smile as he could manage.

Keye wanted to slap him. Pretty much just to clear out the freaking smile on his face. What was he smiling at her about? No amount of smiling was lessening her anger. If anything, he was infuriating! If she had anything metallic, a frying pan would have been ideal, she would have hit him across the face by now. She was yelling. That alone should have cued him in on how livid she was. And she was yelling in the hospital wing too. And even then, he didn't seem to get it. Merlin, they really do need a nurse by now if only to ensure that this person in front of her would remain alive only for her to kill him herself.

Keye promptly turned red at the accusation that the Ravenclaw had thrown her way. And it only fueled her rage even further. Because it was true, he knew it, he worried her and now he was teasing her. And that was why she would never admit it to him. It was hard enough to deal with him like this. Keye pulled back her scowling features and allowed a sickeningly sweet smile to rest upon her features. Her hand then went over to his uninjured arm and pinched it hard, twisting it for good measure. "What a great assumption. Although I am more inclined to be annoyed at the stupidity you have shown me," she said seethingly although her smile remained. She could have sworn a tick mark appeared on her forehead thanks to a throbbing vein from all this anger at his next words. Her other hand poked his broken arm, the other hand not letting go of his skin. "JUST a broken arm huh? JUST. A. BROKEN. ARM?!" Keye tried to control her anger, tried to tell herself that she's hurting him with every poke she did to emphasize her point. "You put yourself in my place while I go gallivanting and shooting balls meters above ground with a broken arm and bowling balls soaring like wildfire while being everybody's target! You go watch the games then! I HATE YOU!" she didn't even notice the tear until it fell and she wiped it off as quickly as it had come.

Isaiah could tell that what he was saying was not exactly making things with Keye any better, he could tell that he was annoying her, but Isaiah thought that making a few quips and a little bit of smiling might at least help her feeling a little less angry, quidditch was after all dangerous and he had signed up for it, this was in fact the first time he'd ever been badly injured during the game and his years of playing it, but Keye didn't seem to see that, and Isaiah was almost touched by how concerned she was for him, he had always figured that she'd be annoyed about or just give him the silent treatment for a while, but never had he heard her be this vocal about it, about anything and he really was beginning to feel bad about it. The smile which rested upon her features was not one that reassured him and rightly so when she pinched his uninjured arm and then twisted it for good measure, though he had taken something for the pain he still flinched a little at it, wincing and extending the injured arm to get her to stop, he was definitely thankful he'd been given something or this pain would just be intense.

Isaiah tried to stop her but she began poking his broken arm, and though Isaiah couldn't really feel the pain any more, this wasn't helping anything and he knew that she could injure it further, "Keye stop please," he tried to say, but he couldn't stop her as she continued yelling and poking him, he could tell now that perhaps she had been worried for him, and that this worry was manifesting itself like that in her anger, at her last statement he bowed his head and frowned a little though glad she had stopped poking his arm, "I'm sorry," he said to her glancing her with an apologetic look on his face, "But, I had no choice, I couldn't let the team down, I had to keep playing, I couldn't let them down just because I managed to get hurt," he tried to explain before just shaking his head, "Keye, I'm sorry," he repeated, reaching out with the uninjured hand to take hers moving slightly on the hospital bed as much as he could without injuring his arm further to give her space to sit with him, "Sit with me?" he asked gently hoping that the apology that was clear on his face would be enough to soothe her anger so that they could just sit and so he would stop being yelled at.

Keye knew that she should be reasonable. She knew that and she really should have stopped when he had asked her to. But she really didn't know how to deal with these emotions that were currently overwhelming her in waves. Caring and worrying had always been limited to family, and now that she was experiencing these feelings with someone other than them, it was all so foreign to her. Especially since he was the only one within the school that she felt such. And it wasn't just because she knew him for a long time, after all, she had been with her housemates for a greater amount of time than with him. She supposed it was just because he was him. He was Isaiah. And all this worry had turned her into a frenzy that the only emotion that even felt remotely familiar when concerning him was anger and annoyance.

As soon as she was done with her little rant that she hadn't even meant to give, nor had she meant that small outburst, she settled with evading his gaze. Her eyes set into a hard glare at the poor unsuspecting corner of the bed. He had not seen her lose this much control with herself, and for good reason. She didn't like not being able to keep up the image that surrounded her. She preferred it. And she wanted her emotions in check. Losing control of them led to rash decisions. Like now. She didn't even want to argue with him anymore. He seemed to worry about the glory of his team than himself more after all. And it was angering her further. She didn't want to hurt him again. She was already mentally cursing herself for all the poking she had done after all. She couldn't bear to look at him when he called her name and apologized, and even offered for her to take a seat. She wouldn't be sitting there. She was fine with standing and keeping away from him. Keye needed to compose herself and get herself together again. She didn't like being a rampaging mess.

Isaiah wasn't sure what her silence meant, it wasn't like he'd ever dealt with all her emotions before, or the few he'd seen, Keye had never been like to him, she'd always been silent, he'd done most of the talking, done most of the singing for the two of them, and yet here she was having vented angrily, still looking pretty angry at him for what he'd done, but Isaiah thought what he'd done had been most normal, that anyone from the Gryffindor team would've done the same if they had been in his position, perhaps not the young players, Isaiah would not want them to do continue playing, but he knew that as an older and more experienced player there was a high expectation for him to stay in the game and continue no matter the cost, and really he was fine now, during there had been moments where the pain had peaked so much he had felt faint, but it was over, and nothing bad had happened, he was fine and his arm was to be healed soon, everything would be reset and Isaiah would soon be as fit as a fiddle, able to play as hard in the next game.

Isaiah wasn't sure how to take her silence, for the first time he wished that she'd say anything to him, even go back to shouting at him, it was easier to know what to do when she said something but she was just standing at his bed side and just staring at him in an angry manner. Isaiah knew if the roles were reversed he would be annoyed at Keye, perhaps not as much as she was, his worry and concern would be relieved when he finally saw her safe and well. Isaiah just tried to smile at her, encourage a small smile out of her, "Come on Keye, I'm sorry," he repeated hoping to encourage her to say something to not just give him the silent treatment, to say anything to him. Isaiah wasn't sure how to fix this, he didn't think about what he'd done during the match as wrong, he understood that she'd been worried for him, but he had been playing exactly how he was supposed to, "This is all my fault, I should've stopped playing when I heard the bone crack," he asked her, "You have every right to be annoyed, but just sit down,"

Felix hated quidditch, or rather, that was wrong, Felix had loved quidditch in school, it had been a great way to keep active and fit, it had been a great way to get himself ready for the day or vent some of the excess energy which he'd had, but as a nurse in a school, quidditch was not good, he usually remained in the hospital wing, waiting for the students to be brought in and was surprised just at the sheer amount of students brought in from the last game, the oldest being the seeker hit three times with a bludger, the young seeker hit twice both of whom with some minor bruising were completely fine and able to leave when they wanted, the last of them was the Ravenclaw chaser whom according to the Headmistress who'd brought him in had said that he'd continued playing following being hit twice, he'd taken one look at the boy's arm and realised what had happened. He used a smelling potion to bring the chaser, Isaiah, back to being aware of the world around him, quickly giving him some pain medication to help ease.

The only thing left to do was figure out how badly broken the arm was and repair it, given that he'd found out that the boy had continued to play with the bad arm, he was vaguely concerned that the bone had perhaps shifted out of place, deciding to consult a book quickly about it, and check to see how the others were doing, Felix stepped away, vaguely hearing the commotion before returning to the hurt boy who seemed to be in the middle of some form of argument with the girl stood in front of him, "Alright, Isaiah, I'm going to need to touch your arm, I need to see what kind of break it is, and if you caused further damage by continuing to play with a broken arm," he told him before slipping on the medical gloves and taking the boy's arm, lightly prodding and feeling the area, ignoring the boy's slight winces of pain that the potion he'd given him couldn't cover up, his training in the army was an advantage him in this situation, he was much more easily able to know what had happened and what was wrong with his arm, "Alright, it's a clean break, the bones have shifted a little but considering you kept playing, it could've been a lot worse," Felix told him sternly trying to pass on the importance of seeking medical aid immediately if something had even felt broken. "I'm going to reset it, and then fix the arm, I'll give you a potion which will help with the swelling, but then I'll bandage it up, you'll get a sling, even though magic repairs bones easily, they are still weak for a period of about a week, so it's better to keep the arm mostly immobile for that time," Felix told the boy exactly what he was going to do, "This is going to hurt," even though the boy had taken the potion for the pain, the amount of pain he was about to cause him would likely be immense.

Now that he'd informed the boy of everything he needed to know, he began working, shifting the bone back into place with elicited a gasp of pure pain and then did the spell to heal the arm, which was very clearly a painful process if the boys little cries and winces of pain were anything to go by, all in all it only took about ten minutes and the arm was fixed but it had clearly been a pain filled ten minutes, the anti-swelling potion had been taken and the bandage and sling were now on the boy, "You don't need to stay overnight, but I'd like you to stay until curfew so we can be sure that the potions and spell worked," Felix gave them both a warm smile before walking away.

Keye could feel the anger slowly receeding, though the annoyance was not going away anytime soon. Especially with the last comment he made that made her nearly want to pummel him into the ground if not for his injury. He heard his bone crack! And yet he had the audacity to keep playing?! Merlin she really, really really wanted to kill him right now. And no, she absolutely did not want to sit down right beside him especially with her anger beginning again, no thanks to this stupid Ravenclaw, and her annoyance flaring all over the place. Nope, sitting right beside him was definitely not a good idea. Not if they both wanted him alive anytime soon. Even if the idea was tempting.

It was not long before the nurse had returned to Isaiah's bedside and Keye took a step back to allow the nurse to work. Hearing the boy's small winces and complaints of pain made Keye almost want to feel bad for him. Almost. But then the nurse had spoken that the bone was going to be reset and other reminders of what had to be done to the injured arm. Keye frowned. Those were all going to be painful. And just when the nurse had been about to begin with the resetting, Keye moved to beside the bed and held Isaiah's uninjured hand. She knew it wouldn't help with lessening the pain, but she had read that this often helped. However that happened to do so. The Hufflepuff was silent as the treatment went on and only nodded at the nurse's reminder. Her anger and annoyance had been forgotten in the past ten minutes of Isaiah's pain and she only stood by his bedside, her hand still in his. Or was it his hand that was in hers. She had stopped caring about that earlier on. Well, at least now the nurse said he was better, now they just had to wait until before curfew to go back to their common rooms. She won't be leaving till then if only to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

Isaiah could sense that he had perhaps helped make the situation with Keye a little better than perhaps it had been just moments before, after all she seemed to be a little less annoyed at him, just marginally so though he was attempting to pick his words carefully, but it didn't matter what he said, it really appeared as though she had absolutely no interest in what he was about to say, of anything he could've said and in hindsight, likely telling her about what he'd heard with the bone hadn't helped anything, but as the nurse appeared to take care of his arm, he just nodded at him as he explained what was about to happen, as he told him what he was about to do. The light prodding from the nurse elicited a small wince of pain from the boy as he attempted to focus on the pain medication he'd been given that was supposed to get rid of everything he'd been feeling in terms of pain, clearly it could do nothing at this moment for him. As the nurse explained it and then began working, Isaiah couldn't help the small smile on his face between all the winces and peaks of pain as his bones reattached themselves, when Keye took his hand in hers and he squeezed it lightly. Occasionally squeezing it as the pain got worse and when he couldn't help it, since it to him was bringing all the comfort he needed in that moment.

Isaiah was glad when it was finally over, and his arm sat in a sling, he wanted to brush the strands of hair from his face, to brush away the stray tears of pain from his eyes, but couldn't with his hand still in hers and feeling like he could use the comfort more than anything else, "Thanks," he told the nurse as he left and then glanced to Keye too, "Thanks," he told her with a small shrug, since he was thankful she'd stayed with him, thankful she was still in front of him and hadn't left, "I promise next time, I'll be more careful, and I'll leave the game as soon as I'm hit badly," he assured her with a small smile, "But come on, with magic being able to heal minor things, how bad is a broken arm," he felt like this wasn't going to help but a broken arm was not a major thing, continuing to play hadn't been the best decision and the length of the game following it had hardly been good, but really they had magic, it could heal a lot of things, "Why were you even at the game, you hate the crowd? Were you there to watch me play?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back