Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Anyone else watching the World Cup? I was so distracted at work today because of it. :p
Who is your pick to win it all?

I'm a supporter of Spain, but you saw how that game went :( ,and Portugal.

Yay for World Cup!! :party:

I'm supporting Spain and Greece but Netherlands just showed us how football is played.

Now it's time for Australia and Chile. I'm with Australia in this one although Chile is a good team.

Minoas Stratis said:
Yay for World Cup!! :party:

I'm supporting Spain and Greece but Netherlands just showed us how football is played.
They sure did!

I support France because of my french family. Although I think Brazil will win the cup.

Really though I have the Scottish ABE line of thought which is Anyone But England.

As far as first matches go though, the Brazil/Croatia match was really good.
Didn't really get to watch the ones today, but from what I've seen the Netherlands played really well.

Australia are quite the underdogs compared to Chile but they raising their game already.

I don't think Brazil is gonna take the cup. Spain/ Argentina and Netherlands are for me the strongest candidates. This early defeat doesn't mean anything. In World Cup 2010, Spain lost its first game but eventually won the cup. ;)

England all the way. Not to win, because well its England. But I'll support them as long as their in the cup.

I think that the home crowd for Brazil will help them. If anything I think it will almost definitely be an all South American final.

Although it's really early to tell who might pull ahead. It is early days!
If anything it'll hopefully be a really interesting World Cup!

It is so far. You should have watched Spain and the Netherlands. Best match I have watched in a while.

Latin American teams are really dangerous and unpredictable so surely they will be at least one of them in the end.

I'm definitely rooting for Brazil so far! :) But because of my job I'm not really caught up with the games, so I haven't been able to see many of the other teams play. :(

I enjoyed the games today, definite surprise about Costa Rica.

Was really pleased when Italy won, could've been a better match, but definitely pleased that Italy won.
France's first game is tomorrow, which I'm actually a little nervous about. Hopefully it'll be good, and France won't repeat the mistakes of last time.

Well England lost. Shock horror.

ENGLAND WHAT'S GOING ON

Guys they lost the rugby too D: 28-27 UGH COME ON ENGLAND

I'm happy Costa Rica won because I drew them in our sweepstakes at work and that's my only opinion on the World Cup -once they are out (which I'm told will happen) I want Brazil to win (because David got them in his sweepstakes at work xD )

Portugal plays tomorrow! I'm super excited!
My coworker and I are going to a pub during lunchtime to watch the first hour of the game. ^_^

The Germany/Portugal game was great!
Germany were on fire! It didn't help that Portugal lost a player really early on.

The France game from yesterday was great! I mean the players were playing pretty dirty, but it was fun to watch, and France won which was great. Was super happy with that.
I found that Argentina could've played a lot better in their match, but I was glad that Bosnia scored, and happy with way the game ended.

Are others enjoying this world cup as much as I am?

It's been an enjoyable WC.

Shocked to see Spain go out in the group stages. Chile look to be on cracking form, as do Germany. Netherlands also looking feisty aswell (although Aus unlucky to take anything from that match). I have to be cheering on England tomorrow though; hopefully we'll make it out of the group stages. Is it me or were Brazil looking pale in comparison to their usual selves?

The Switzerland France match was incredible.
France won 5-2, it was almost 6-2.
Ah man, it felt fantastic.

It's a pity about England. Was happy Uruguay won, and cheered really loudly when the guy with the scottish flag appeared on screen.

So sad about Italy today but Greece just qualified to the next round. ^_^

THE NETHERLANDSSSSS :woot:
I'd love to see them winning, but it is still a long road. I guess Netherlands- Brazil or Netherlands- Germany in the final.

At this point in time, I'm thinking Colombia could win it. They have been one of the strongest teams throughout. Brazil have not been playing well, if Colombia continue the way they are going it could be them going through to the semi finals.
Although Yay Netherlands!

Yea, I agree. Colombia definitely has the momentum right now. I think they are going to be in the semifinals.

Also Costa Rica. They play in a similar way with Greece of 2004 when we won the Euro Cup. I wouldn't underestimate them although I'm rooting for the Netherlands or Colombia. I also would like Algeria to move to the next round. An African team is needed for diversity. I don't like Brazil's game. I think other teams like Mexico deserved to move to the next round instead of Brazil.

I'm not into soccer/football but I'd like to know what people think of it being hosted in Brazil?

I don't think Brazil deserves it but i think they might be in the final. Saturday Netherlands-Costa rica i think we win it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back