World At Large

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
[This is simply a placeholder]

Pandora Cohen liked her job, it was suited for her and it had been for all her life. From a young age when her older sister would have a paper cut and she would have to kiss it better before she knew that she felt better until now when she was working at St. Mungo's with some of the best medical minds that the wizarding community had to offer. But Panda had never grown out of making sure that all was well which was why her mind ran to Scorpius Knight. It had been lucky that she had been at the game amongst the cheering fans when he had a bludger hit him in the head. Sure there were a few very basic healers at the sides but taking him to St Mungo's would have taken too long so she had sprung into action and according to her boss she had very well saved his life. Now she just wanted to make sure that his life was worth living and he didn't feel much pain.

In a sense, this was Panda kissing Scorpius' 'bobo' like she had done with her big sister but on a more professional sense so during her lunch break with the rest of the interns, Pandora grabbed her quill and a piece of parchment and wrote as neatly as her hand would let her.

Dear Mr. Scorpius Knight,

I am aware that you have returned to your schooling which is why I shall hope my owl finds you at Hogwarts New Zealand as well as this letter. Your blow was quite a great one which is why I must inquire how you are feeling in mentality, in capability, in any sense you could possibly think of. I wish that you give me a very detailed description, even if it might be embarrassing, you can trust me that they won't leave my lips unless it is to my seniors. Even if you feel any emotional trauma, please feel free to put this in as well as I am a frequent gambler on your games and I am sure that you would like to get back to playing as quickly as possible.

If you have an inquiries on your healing process, please feel free to contact me at St. Mungo's.

Ms. Pandora Cohen.

Panda quickly placed her insignia and placed the letter in the envelope which she sealed with a spell that would cause candle wax to imprint her initials on it whilst sealing the letter nicely. Taking a bite out of her sandwich she glanced around before she put it back down on the tray and stood up promptly and aparated the Owlrey of the hospital and sent her owl, Medusa, onto the trip for her with the letter clutched in her talons.

Scorpius lay in his bed, slamming his hand on his alarm clock for about the fifth time, glad that none of his other roommates were currently in the room otherwise they would've probably thrown stuff at him out of annoyance. The seventeen year old buried his head beneath his pillows and sheets in attempts to drown out any outside noises, including his alarm clock so he could pretend not to hear it. However no sooner had his eyelids drooped closed over his silver eyes, when he began to hear an insistent rapping. In his slumber he assumed it was his alarm clock again, so he reached over and slapped the large button of the alarm clock to silence it, but the noise continued.

Again the Ravenclaw hit the snooze button but the noise wouldn't stop so he had no choice but to retreat from his pillow cave. Scorpius grumbled as he stared at the alarm clock, wondering if it had somehow broken but now that he was out from under the pillows, he could hear the noise better and find its source. He turned towards it and saw an owl pecking at the window, now mad that he had kept it waiting. Scorpius ran over and opened the window to let it in; it simply swooped in, dropped the letter, and flew out angrily clipping him on his head. "Ow, stupid bird," he muttered as he picked up the envelope from the floor.

He wondered who it could be and didn't recognize the name or writing at first glance. However once he read the letter, his scarred lips couldn't help but form a smile. The Ravenclaw had originally planned to go back to bed and sleep for however long he could before his bewitched alarm clock sprang up and rang right in his ear, but now he didn't seem so sleepy and sat at his desk to write back.

Ms. Pandora Cohen,

I was quite surprised, and at the same time delighted to receive an owl from you. You were informed correctly that I have returned to Hogwarts New Zealand. A lot of my friends from the Ireland Institute of Witchcraft and Wizardry have deemed me a traitor for rallying to get a Quidditch team for the school, joining a professional team, and then returning to HNZ. I swear those weren't my intentions or anything, I just wanted to graduate from the school that I was most fond of had done most of my studies at, am I really in the wrong here? I'm just glad it's my last year of school.
As I expressed to you at the hospital, I am really fine, well enough in fact to be able to play again. The occasional dizzy moments only happen early in the morning or late at night. As long as I don't do anything immediately after those times I'm fine! I'm sure it'll just go away eventually. Can't you get the doctor to lift the restrictions of my Quidditch suspension, please? And actually, there is one thing wrong; I wish you'd just call me Scorpius or Knight as I've told you before. There's no need for formality when I've already told you it's okay to drop the "Mister" you know?
I hope things are going well at the hospital for you Panda. Have they promoted you from intern yet? After all, you did save my life, doesn't that merit anything?

I hope to hear from you soon with words that I'm allowed to play Quidditch again!
-Scorpius

Scorpius wished the owl hadn't left so quickly so it could've returned this letter to Pandora. After the boy had hastily sealed the letter, he decided to get dressed knowing he'd have to make a pit stop by the Owlery to deliver the letter before his first class. Scorpius couldn't help but wonder if writing a letter asking for an update was a normal things for Nurses, or interns, to do to their patients? She probably writes to all her patients Scorpius decided as he headed to class.

Pandora was on her way out of work for the day when an owl nipped at her shoulder, causing her to turn around and see the letter that was in her legs. She rubbed her shoulder as she took the letter from the owl with her other hand and grumbled "stupid bird" to it as it went back up to the owlrey where it's perch was. Opening the letter and reading it as she walked out of Saint Mungo's and made her way to her home she smiled softly to see that Scorpius Knight was doing well and it almost made her blush to see that he called her Panda, in his own script. Although she had introduced herself as such when she initially went to help him, it felt strange that he was calling her Panda when only people she knew fairly well called her this.

Stuffing the letter into her pocket, Panda unlocked the door to her home and walked in. She took off her shoes and put down her stuff before picking up a quill and parchment that was laying around that had a doodle on the back of a ladybug wearing a top hat.

Dear Scorpius,

While I never transfered schools, I feel that your friends should be glad that you got them a Quidditch team rather than sour. And if you have done most of your studies at Hogwarts, they should understand that it is where your loyalties lie, but this is just my opinion. Yes, you would not want to miss out on your NEWTs because there really is so far that Quidditch can take you after a certain age.

Well it sounds like your a progressing well enough and no I cannot and will not get them to lift your suspension because I would like you to actually help the Kestrel's win and you can't do that if your hurt yourself more than you already are. Fine, Scorpius. Although I find it highly unprofessional of myself, I should help you feel more comfortable.

They are going very well, Scorpius. I'm almost done my training and will have an interview and a test to see if I can be hired in a permanent position. My assumption is that I will because most of the female healers are just working in the pre-natal and natal care section while I wish to be very different. Yes, you are correct. It does count for something but I don't get any special exceptions because there are still things I have to learn.

Unfortunately, Scorpius, I cannot give you those words but I'll tell you that you will be able to play eventually.

Pandora.

When Panda had finished writing the letter, she whistled for her barn owl, Sputnik, to come towards her. Although Sputnik required treats before any letter was sent, she had forgotten to by any like she had planned to this morning. "Sorry Sputnik. Maybe Scorpius will have one," she told the bird hopefully and gave it the letter before retreating her hand back quickly so she could avoid the bird's temper at not getting what it wanted. She watched the bird flap it's wings in discontent before finally getting of it's perch on a chair and going to give the letter to Scorpius Knight as she had told it to.

Life back at Hogwarts had taken off at full force, getting hold of Scorpius once again. The Ravenclaw struggled to keep up with his classes and had unfortunately forgotten to write back to Pandora immediately. He kept her most recent letter in his homework folder, his attempt at being an organized student, and it wasn't until he was finally done with all his tedious school work that he was able to get to it at last. He signed, feeling bad for having put it off for so long but was glad that he now had time to reply.
Pandora,

I am truly sorry for not responding to your letter sooner, school had just been kicking my ass lately. I forgot how rigorous the curriculum was here at Hogwarts haha. But I suppose since a certain Healer intern won't let me off probation for Quidditch I have nothing better to do with my time than to do my homework.
You're right about Quidditch only being able to take me so far for a certain time, so I have been trying to do well in my classes for my future profession after Quidditch. For now though, I'll just ride out this Quidditch profession for as long as I can before my body betrays me. I'll try to make that last as long as possible before I have to settle with life behind a desk. Then again not all careers are behind a desk. I've always had an interest in Healing...or was it Healers?...so I've been looking up what qualifications I need for that. What do you say, do I meet the requirements for Healers Healing?
So have you had your interview yet? Do I have to address you as Doctor Pandora from now on or is Panda fine? If you don't want to go into the prenatal field, what field do you prefer? It's something gruesome isn't it? haha
Well unfortunately I just discovered a small pile of homework I neglected, and although I'd rather elaborate on this letter, it would kind of contradict that 'hard working student' image I just tried to portray that I am to you in the letter haha.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Scorpius

Scorpius sighed as his grey eyes settled upon the forgotten pile of homework. He had completely overlooked it because he hadn't put it in his homework folder; so much for being organized. The newly-turned eighteen year old got up off his desk to head to the Owlery. If he couldn't waste time procrastinating while writing the letter, at least the trip to the Owlery would take up some time before he had to chain himself to his desk again.

Pandora's life had been getting busier and busier but she was pleased with it all. She now had a full-time career as a Healer at St. Mungo's and although she had shared it with her family she didn't have many friends in New Zealand to share it with. Sure, she had the people who she had been trained with but it was not the same. Besides some of the people she had been closest with had not been hired and she could not just jump around with them as they were in sorrow. It would be horrible, this was why she was pleased to see that Scorpius had written her. A smile placed on her lips as she read his letter. She wondered if she should let him wait for a reply so she didn't look so horribly lonely. With a nod she decided that in a few days time she would respond. Although she felt that it might be foolish of her to do this, she didn't want to seem too eager. Two days later she picked up a quill and wrote Scorpius back.

Scorpius,

I'm glad to hear that you are actually doing work because you will not be let off the hook early, by me. I'm curious, what is your favorite class? Mine was always potions, I enjoyed brewing it and creating my own and testing them on my friends as a younger student. It was rather reckless of us but good fun.
I do think that a job behind a desk would be quite a change, considering Quidditch is anything but. Well it certainly would be interesting to work with you, I feel like it might be a tinge more interesting than what some of my co-workers have to say. Hmm, Healers Healing, I'm not sure if you do meet the requirements. We shall see.
Yes, I have. It was a lot easier than I originally thought. You should have seen me, I was a shaking mess before I went in and after I was jumping up and down for a good five minutes. Of course not in the building, I did not want to look foolish in front of my bosses. But you may still call me Panda, if you wish. I don't think it is too gruesome but there are people who have had pretty nasty accidents that I'm able to help if I'm on call. But my sections are Plant and Potion Poisoning and Spell Damage. It's rather interesting but do not end up being one of the victims of these, I'd like to win a bet on the Kestrals for once.
I must now take my leave from this letter.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Doctor Panda.

As Pandora finished the letter she smirked as she signed it 'Doctor Panda'. The thought pleased her so she sent it off with her owl before picking up a book and reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back