Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Sturdy Wenge Wand with Fairy Wing Core
It was still odd working for the Magical Congress, even after three years. He couldn't even remember the reason why he moved to the United States anymore just that he did not want to continue to work as a metal-charmer at the local manufacturer anymore. He loved living in New York yet Nathan couldn't stop himself from wondering what his siblings would think of him having moved away from Brightstone village - it had been several years now since he left and he hadn't seen or heard much of them ever since. Whatever they'd be doing now, the man hoped that they hadn't forgotten about him yet. He loved working for the Federal Bureau of Covert Vigilance and No-Maj Obliviation too as it was very different from what he used to do. Very different. While he sympathised with Muggles who had just discovered the magical world, because the magical world was awesome in his opinion, he knew that the communities in America needed to be kept hidden from the Muggles. Lost in thoughts while Nathan walked out of the lobby to eat his lunch outside, he didn't notice he was about to bump into someone until it happened. ''Ah sh!t, I'm so sorry, I should've watched where I was going,'' he told the woman.

Faye had always felt proud of her job. It was something she enjoyed doing. Ofcourse things could get difficult and there were days when things would get to her, but she never showed it. She couldn't affor to look weak. Not in her line of work. Today had been one of those days where things hadn't gone completely according to plan and she had gotten slightly annoyed. So much really, that she didn't even try to keep her face straight when she made her way back into the ministry. Or at least, she tried to make her way back in when someone bumped right into her. Faye took a step back and looked at the person, annoyance still clear on her face. However, she knew that it wouldn't do anyone any good if she would go off on the guy right now. Especially since he couldn't help the fact that she was having a bad day. When he apologized instead of just continuing his way she took a deep breath, trying to look a bit less moody. "It's fine." Faye shrugged. "But yeah, you gotta watch where you're going."

Immensely sorry that he had bumped into her when he could have easily avoided it by simply looking where he was going, Nathan apologised once more. It wasn't like him at all to be lost in his thoughts. Glad or really just more relieved that she was fine, he chuckled at her remark and nodded his head in agreement. Having worked closely with the other offices in the department, Nathan thought that she looked vaguely familiar to him. It was highly possible that they might have worked together at some point seeing as how his office was usually one of the first to arrive at the scene of the crime for crowd control, so he tried his best to remember if she had ever introduced herself to him whilst on the job. ''It's... Faye, right?'' he said with a moment of hesitation, hoping that he had remembered it correctly. ''I think we might've worked together on that break-in job? I'm with the Federal Bureau of Covert Vigilance and No-Maj Obliviation,'' Nathan added proudly and extended his right hand out toward her. ''I'm Nathan and again sorry for bumping into you.''

Faye was glad that she hadn't gone off on the guy, especially since he apologized again for bumping into her. As if she hadn't done the same hundreds of times. Especially when she had just started working there. At the time she had been so preoccupied with everything and anything that she used to almost bump into someone on a daily basis. Luckily, things had changed since then. She was ready to nod at him as a way of 'good day' and continue walking, when the man spoke up again. "It is, yeah." Faye replied when he seemed to know her name. Her mind started to work around if she had met him before, or whether he just knew who she was. She nodded when he spoke about the job and which department he was from, but with everything that went on in her job she just couldn't recall it at the moment. Perhaps she'd be able to remember it later. "Right." The woman nodded, as if she did in fact remember. "I'm not sure if we were introduced before, so nice to meet you." She replied as she shook his hand. "Please stop apologizing." She continued, her tone clearly indicating that it was fine. "Twice was more than enough and I think I can handle someone bumping into me." She smiled slightly, hoping that he'd get that being bumped into was nothing compared to some of the things that happened when she was on a job.

Nathan had to swallow his words as he was about to apologise to her for apologising so much. He just couldn't help himself. ''Naturally,'' he replied, knowing that this might probably be the least physically damaging thing that would happen to her given her occupation. Still, he did feel sort of bad for apparently not being able to watch where he was walking. He might be wrong with it but he thought he had an inkling that she did not know who he was, which honesty made perfect sense because both occupations required for them to see at least a dozen faces every day. ''Are you just coming back from a job?'' the man asked curiously, wondering if he would be called in for the clean up in a moment or if she, like he was about to do, was taking a lunch break.

Faye was wondering whether the guy would apologise for apologising, as she knew many people who'd do that. Luckily he didn't. Some people just seemed to apologise for everything and anything and it made her feel like the words became more blank every time they were used. Then again she knew there were people around who were just.. good. Who apologised multiple times because they actually were that sorry for something so insignificant happening as walking into another person. Faye nodded at his reply, but her face turned a bit glum at his next question. "Hospital actually, job didn't go too well." She shrugged, not really interested in talking about it. Living it had been bad enough and she was sure she and her co-workers would be called in to report on it soon enough. She still couldn't really understand how they had managed to mess up the job, but they did and she wasn't happy about it. Only good thing was that they somehow still managed to get the guy they were after. "So I guess your department will be getting its orders soon enough. Maybe you'll be put on the job."

It seemed that Nathan was right to wonder if he would be called in for a job soon. While the man did not mind being called in to deal with the aftermath, they were often left behind with such a mess to clean up that it would take them hours to perform memory charms on all the Muggles present. It would another late-at-home workday it seemed. But the man couldn't complain much about his job, especially know with rumours of a promotion going around the office. ''How big is the mess?'' he asked, already trying to get an idea of how bad the situation would be out there. As one of the lead people on memory and memory modifying charms, there was no doubt that Nathan would be on the scene so the best thing to do right now would be to figure out how many people they would need to send out there.

Faye frowned when the man asked how big the mess was. Sure, she had told him the job didn't go too well and his department might have to step in, but she was still a little annoyed by his choice of words. Mess. As if things had gone bad on purpose. As if her co-workers and her didn't care for their surroundings and possible No-Maj bystanders when they were on a job. "First of all, I wouldn't just assume that it's a mess." She responded as she folded her arms and tried to keep her cool. She had been annoyed with herself enough already and she didn't really have the energy to get annoyed at him as well. Especially since he might not even have meant it in a bad way. Although there were so many different ways he could've said it that would've sound less degrading. "Second, it's just a few. Like, seven or eight at most." Faye continued answering the question. "Think you can handle that?" She asked. The question meant to push him a bit, because she had a hard time trying to figure out what else went on inside his head except apologising too may times.

''Well you did just come back from the hospital, did you not?'' the man replied, tilting his head in confusion. Was it wrong to assume that they would've left behind a bigger mess than usual - yes than usual. ''It's always a mess because people tend to walk away after some time,'' Nathan told her, not quite understanding the sudden hostilities. ''And it'll be us who have to track those who do wander off down, which can be considered a mess, as it can sometimes take hours.'' He suddenly remembered why they couldn't always see eye-to-eye with the other offices in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Perhaps, however, he shouldn't try to argue with the woman in front of him since they had introduced themselves to each other only moments ago. So to try and turn the conversation around Nathan asked, ''Were you injured badly?''

Faye pursed her lips at the mention of the hospital, but she couldn't blame the man for using it in his reply. She also knew that she wasn't exactly being friendly to him, which might not be the way to act towards other officials. Especially those with whom she was highly likely to have to work with or at least come in contact with every once in a while. "Well, if you put it like that.." She started her reply. "Then I guess you might just have the right to call it a mess." She ended, her face softening a little in an attempt to let the annoyance of the morning slide off her. Being grumpy all day certainly wasn't going to help her in any way. Faye slightly cocked her head when the man asked her about injuries. She wasn't as much surprised by the question, but rather the fact that after all her grumpiness he still chose to continue talking to her. "Just a couple of scrapes and bruises, I came out fine." She shrugged, never being too worried about herself. "Co-worker came out worse, but they'll have him patched up in no time."

Glad that she seemed to agree with him that neither of them should argue over whether or not it was or would be a mess, Nathan grimaced at what she told him that her colleague came out worse and hoped that they would patch him up in no time indeed. Having never been much of a skilled duelist himself, the man sure was glad that the worst he would ever face was Muggles trying to run away from him. It was probably quite exciting though to have to go and chase a fugitive, far more so than doing what he did. ''Sounds like whomever you were going after put up quite a fight,'' Nathan began, ''I'm happy to hear that all of you are doing well,'' Genuinely glad to hear so. It would be awful if someone got seriously injured just because some lowlife scum couldn't uphold the law.

Getting hurt was one of the downsides of the job, but Faye wouldn't trade it for any other in the world. Although after her father passing she had started to wonder whether or not she would. She didn't want to get another job, that was for sure. But she now had her sister to look after and she felt like maybe she needed to be more responsible. Get a job that didn't have such a risk attached to it. "He did, yeah." Faye shrugged. "It's not hard to understand why they do it, though. I mean I'd advise them not to and I hate it when they do, but I guess knowing what lies ahead if you get caught makes for plenty of motivation to fight." She slightly shook her head. If these guys just lived an honest life they wouldn't even have to fear what's in store for them. "Thanks." She smiled at the man. She didn't smile easily, but then again people don't often say that. They just see getting hurt as part of the job. "That's.. nice of you to say."

Although the two departments could not always see eye to eye on various things, Nathan greatly respected each and every individual who put his or hers own life at risk to keep to community safe from people who wished to do it harm. He chuckled at the woman's remark and agreed with her that people were better off not fighting at all seeing as how they'd be caught after all in the end. ''You'd have a boring as hell job though,'' Nathan commented. Besides, a chunk of his own work would disappear if people would behave themselves. He got the impression that she didn't often hear that people were happy their well-being which he admittedly found rather sad. ''You're welcome, I guess,'' he said, genuinely taken aback by the fact that she seemed rather surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back