Woof!

Killua Freecss

OOC First Name
Marga
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Hornbeam Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Killua had been anything but relaxed ever since Abel had dropped that bomb on him. While it was true that he did expect that his best friend was having troubles, he didn't expect it to be at that degree! It wasn't like he was repulsed by the idea that his one and only best friend was a werewolf. If anything, he was actually cool with it for some reason. He was sure that if anyone else knew about this, they'd start saying things about Abel and maybe even avoid him. But not Killua. Maybe it was the fact that he was raised differently by his family in comparison to others their age. Or maybe it was because he was just taught not to fear. Or maybe it was because he used to be more of a monster. Or maybe it was because he wanted to remain loyal to his best friend. Whatever the reason was, he wanted to stay by his side. Well, that was what on the Slytherin's mind. Though what he wanted to do was the total opposite of what he was doing. In fact, he haven't talked to Abel for a while after that!

Well, he didn't hate Abel. He wasn't even mad! He was just shocked, that's all. And he had been spending most of his time in one of the corners in the library, a stack of books beside him. Anyone who wasn't near him would think that he was preparing for the OWLs Exam for most of the occupants of the library were fifth years like him. But if they stride a tad bit closer, they would probably not fail to notice that all the books he was reading were either about werewolves or had even the littlest bit of information about them. And everything he would read, he was trying to stuff in his mind. Killua would make sure that he knew most if not everything there had to be known about werewolves. And on this particular day, he was doing the same. Though the OWLs were approaching, he couldn't care less about that. He was more attuned to knowing about werewolves though he was quite sure that he had read a lot of books about them already. And so, having a stack of books gathered in his arms, he looked around the rest of the shelves in the library in search for other books that he could, should and would read.

Abel felt bad for what he had been doing as of late. He told Killua what he was and had been avkiding him as best he could since then. It had been difficult, considering they were in the same year and house, but he had managed. Killua was not one to intrude on someone's space, so Abel would often pretend to be sleeping if they were in their shared dorms, or if he were in the common room he would often duck and cover out of sight. The problem was, he was nkt sure if Killus was avoiding him, and that was why he had been successful, or he had simply been lucky and Killy had yet to catch him alone. Maybe he was busy with his OWLS? Had Abrl been irresponsible by telling him abkut his conditikn? It was sort of both their problem now. One thing Abel was sure about, however, was that Killy had not said anything. Whether they were still friends or not was unknown to the pureblood, but at least Killy had not uttered a word.

He entered the library, this time actually trying to find Killua. He needed to talk to him, he had to know where they stood. Friends? Enemies? Did Killy want anyrhing to do with him now? He can contaminated with lycanthropy and there was no getting rid of it. Evwn his own family, the people he lovdd and who raised him had mostly abandoned him. Afte ever he death of his grandfather, he pretty much lost al support, and now he was in Limbo, having to be his own person, and it ws scary. But, maybe it would be better with Killy helping him out? The Slytherin paused when e set eyes on Killy, becoming extremey ner9os. He swallowed hard, and approached his fellow Slythern, standing awkwardly near him now, he could Nit help but notice the books he carried. Why did he have those? Could it be hat Killua was a werewolf or something? He knew that there was another in the school.. ''Killua, what are those for?'' he asked quietly,truing t draw as little attention to them as little attention as possible.

Half the time, Killua wouldn't be caught dead reading a book but now, here he was practically spending the whole day in the library and searching books for all the information he needed. Defense Against the Dark Arts books, Care of Magical Creatures books, whatever version of encyclopedia the wizarding world has and even fictional and children's books, he tries to read. In fact, one may even say that he's getting obsessed with his newfound 'hobby' of his. Today though, he couldn't find any new books that had any information on werewolves, so he was only rereading a few books and after that maybe he'd go look for Abel and ask him some a lot of questions and then drag that boy into the library so he could read with him. Well, no less than a minute though, his plans were ruined when an all too familiar voice spoke near him and he turned his head only to see his best friend standing there and seemingly confused.

Kil didn't understand Abel's question at first though until he glanced at the books he held in his arms. All of which had held information about werewolves. "What? These? I'm reading them, what else?" he said with a shrug and a raised brow as if the whole thing was completely normal and there was nothing new about it. Then he took his friend's hand while his other balanced the books he held and pulled and dragged his friend to the nearest vacant table and dumped all the books on top of it. "And you are reading them with me dummy. And just to tell you, I'm not one too if you're wondering. Just thought I should read," the former assassin muttered as he sat himself down and grabbed the topmost book and began flipping through the pages.

Abel was slightly dumbfounded at how Killua was reacting to all of this. He could not understand why Killua was behaving as if this was normal. It was most certainly not normal - Abel was a monster, and Killua seemed perfectly okay with this? What was wrong with his best friend? "But-but why?" he demanded, allowing himself to be led by his hand to a desk. "You have no reason to read them." He explained, running a shaking hand through his hair. This was abnormal behaviour. He was glad that Killua was still his friend - he was ecstatic, actually, but the Slytherin was showing more acceptance towards that than Abel's own family - and they were his blood. They raised him and were supposed to care about his health, yet this unrelated boy (whether he be Abel's best friend or not was irrelevant) cared more about his condition than his own family.

The Slytherin was growing frustrated. Recently, his emotions had been spiraling so he had just stopped talking to people. But this was Killy, and Abel found it hard to hide anything from his only friend, which simply frustrated him more. Abel's mouth fell open when Killua simply grabbed a book and began reading, as if he were studying for an exam. The Slytherin did not need to read a book on werewolves - he had for more accurate and intimate ways of discovering everything about werewolves- such as being one. "I don't need to read Killy," he muttered, beginning to feel a little panic-stricken. "Why are you so calm?" He scooted closer to his friend, knowing that if anyone heard their conversation it would ruin everything. "You are sitting there as if I just told you I got a bloody haircut, Killy. Did you even understand what I said? What I am?" With that gossip magazine flying around, Abel did not want to be caught dead reading a book on werewolves. It only took one rumour or suggestion to go into that magazine, and everything would be over. "Please, Killy, just don't do this. Put the books away."

Killua couldn't help but be confused about his friend's reactions. Of course he had a reason to read them, otherwise he wouldn't be caught dead in the Library! Though Abel had probably expected that Kil would view him as a monster, he had viewed him as the opposite. He had found it to be something that he shouldn't be scared of. It was a fact that Abel had taken him by surprise when he first told him, but Kil has come into terms with that and more easily too than he first thought. "Of course I have a reason. Do you think I'd be caught in the library reading for no reason?" he asked his friend with a raised eyebrow actually feeling amused at his friend's quite panicked state. Really, his friend thinks too much and should really learn to calm down every once in a while. And so the former assassin continued to read the book as if he was going to have an exam about it in a few minutes. "Well, you don't need to read but I do. I don't know a thing. I sounded like an idiot back at the Lake," he whined a bit. Really, the only thing he knew about werewolves? They transform. End of story. How much of an idiot could he have been a few weeks ago?

As his eyes continued to glaze upon the book, his mind digesting and storing in as much information, he listened as Abel would nervously ask him questions on why he was so calm. "Well, I don't really see the need to panic. Isn't this the best situation to be calm?" he said with a short shrug. Well, it was true wasn't it? He had been taught not to panic in many situations and he had learned that nothing came good out of panicking. Heck, he was even thrown knives as a child just so he could improve his speed, and his parents were right about panicking. That didn't do him good. And though Abel's situation is different than his situation years ago, panicking is all the same for many people throughout they years. "What you are? Isn't that obvious?" Killua asked with a slight grin as he turned to look at his friend. "You are Abel Smith. A fifth year from Slytherin who needs to study for his OWLs and like the only friend I have. Well, best friend to be exact," he said with much confidence. Of course he wouldn't say that Abel was a monster. He doesn't even consider him one despite being a werewolf cause in Killy's mind, if one of them is a monster, it would surely be himself. Besides, it's not like Abel has killed anyone right? But Killua had in the span of many years. "I'm not saying that again." the Slytherin added as an afterthought before continuing with his reading.

Since Killua was only rereading the books, it didn't take him quite long to finish one and move on to the next while Abel was asking, or more like pleading with him to stop reading and return the books. Instead of doing so though he decided to ask, "Why are you jumpy about the books anyway?" Perhaps if Abel gave him a good enough reason to do so, then he would return those books. But either way, he just went on reading while waiting for his friend to answer. "You're taking OWLs and I'm pretty sure we discussed vampires and werewolves and boggarts at some point," the boy said with a slight shrug as he moved on from one page to the next before looking at his friend. "And you're taking Care of Magical Creatures too. Isn't it normal to read these books?" he mumbled with a curious and confused looks. Also, they were students weren't they? Isn't it normal for them to read stuff and get obsessed with one topic to another. Seriously, the professors, the librarian and the school should even be thankful that people were reading these old books. Otherwise it'd just rot there and not be used for another hundred thousand years or so. At least he was making an effort to read them.

Abel rested his chin on his palm, and slouched in such a way that would have had his grandmother hitting him if she were here. Thankfully, she was not, and he doubted he would have to deal with the old croon much longer. He was either getting out, or she would die soon from old age. Either way, the Slytherin suspected there was little chance that he would be living near her much longer. He looked up at mention of the lake, and a slow smile grew on his face. It was small, but if we there. Killua had sounded pretty dumb, but Abel had not held it against him. "Just a little bit." However, what he said next made Abel sigh once the realisation that he was going to cause all of his hair to fall out hit him. He was panicking over nothing - well, over something, but nothing that big. It was a book. Plausible deniability. Tonnes of people read books. And sometimes those books mentioned werewolf stuff in them. Nothing too suss here. but Killua really should know that Abel Smith was never, ever calm. If there was a reason to hyperventilate, Abel would find it.

Feel slightly flattered at Killua's definition of 'what' he was, Abel hid his face by resting his forehead on his now folded arms. "Okay," Abel responded, letting Killua know that he had taken note. He turned his face side-wards to allow one eye to look at Killy. "Usually the books for Care of Magical Creatures try to eat you," he said, shrugging his shoulders and sighing. "It's just, it's different. Killy, it only takes one person. One person, and everything's difficult. It's not fair."

Killua continued to pay little to no attention to what Abel was currently doing. In fact, he was almost ignoring his friend as he continued to read the books laid out in front of him. He knew after all that he would have known almost everything that is written about werewolves may it be fictional or true to the very last punctuation. And so, he had missed the small smile that showed on his best friend's face though he could have sworn that a vein popped somewhere in his forehead and his eyebrow twitched in annoyance at Abel's words. Really. Did he have to be so outright blunt? Couldn't he have said anything lighter besides agreeing with his stupidity. "Couldn't you have said something a little more comforting? Here I am trying to comfort you and all and you just agree that I'm an idiot? Tch," he said a bit playfully irritated but nothing that can't be fixed so easily.

Killy lightly let his attention drift from the book to his friend that was now resting his forehead on his arms. Well, at least that would have fixed something. At the very least Abel didn't doubt that he accepted the whole werewolf thing now because in Kil's opinion, there wasn't really anything to fuss about and though he had read all the stuff about werewolves, he still hadn't had a change in opinion about his friend. Abel was his friend and maybe, just maybe, nothing would ever change that. The Slytherin's eyebrow raised in amusement though at his friend's next words. A book? Eating a human? Killua scoffed, "You're kidding right? How could a book eat a person?" he said shaking his head a little as he resumed to his reading and let his elbow rest on the table and his chin on his palm. "Nothing's fair and we got to go with that, I guess. Just don't fuss too much, really. And learn to relax a bit, will ya? It'll save your @ss more times than you could count," he chuckled as he focused his gaze on the words in front of him. He was quite silent for a few moments as he took in the words and made sure that they stayed in his brain lest he would want to forget something important, and perhaps he did cause when he caught sight of a certain word in the book, he turned his head to look at his friend and spoke in a voice that he was sure only the two of them would hear. "Have you taken your wolfsbane?"

Abel rolled his eyes, and shook his head at Killua and his complaining and irritation. If there was anything that could snap Abel from his self-focused sadness, it was the mild irritation of Killua, especially if it was caused by himself - which it often was. Riding along with his playful vibe in an attempt to make his friend feel better and less irritated, Abel replied, "There there, Killy. You're not an idiot. You are very smart." He nodded slowly, pouting slightly. "How dare I insult your intelligence in such a way. I take everything back. You're a genius." However, he grinned when Killua seemed to think that he was joking about the book thing. He wished he was. He had many good school uniforms ruined because of that damned book, however now he was quite capable of controlling it. He would have to introduce Killy to his book one day, just to watch as his overly confident friend realised that the book was all too aggressive and so very capable of eating people. "You're right, I'm joking. Books are amazing, but not quite up to eating and attacking people."

He fell silent, however, as their conversation took a ore serious path. They were often serious, and Abel had to admit that he did not fancy it. He hated having silly little conversations with people, acting as if he were five, but he didn't like having the world explained to him so bluntly. Especially when it included some advice about him relaxing. It was easy for a naturally relaxed person to tell a high-strung person to 'relax'. He nodded his head, letting his friend know he heard, before sinking back in his seat a little now that their conversation had appeared to have ended. Killy seemed absorbed by his books, and Able, while still wishing he would put the damn things away, could do little to stop him, and so decided to contemplate how he would introduce Killua to his book without the blond becoming suspicious and thus ruining the surprise that he expected would occur. He was torn from his thoughts as Killua closed the space between them and asked a question that Abel had not expected anyone to ask him, ever. He had to take the potion a week proceeding the full moon, and today fell into that week. It was a terrible tasting potion, but there was nothing he could do about it. He looked around, before giving Killua a steady stare. "Yes Killy, I have. I have to." Because if he didn't, Merlin only knew the consequences.

Killua felt his pride swell at his friend's words and though in the very back in his mind, it was either Abel was being sarcastic or he was just trying to make up for calling him an idiot earlier. Killy didn't care. All that mattered to him was that his friend had claimed that he was not an idiot and instead told him that he was smart. "I'm glad that we're on good terms about it," the Slytherin grinned as he continued to read though listening to his best friend's remarks and he was grinning like mad and obviously his pride and ego was having a very big boost and an obvious swell. Abel should really have known better than boosting those traits of him. "Well, thank you Abel and I hope that you don't forget that I am a genius," Killua scoffed as he continued to read his book which he was quickly finishing and so he closed it and chose the next book he saw and began to search the book for the information about werewolf that he knew was there.

The Slytherin grinned at his friend when Abel had agreed that books do not eat people. It was a silly thought really. How could a book that may as well have the dimensions of 14 inches by 8 inches by 6 inches eat a grown human that might be at the very least 4 feet and 10 inches tall and at the very most, possibly, eight feet tall? It was nearly improbable and impossible for a book to eat a man. His thoughts were then filled with werewolf stuff as he tried to put his knowledge to the test. Besides, he studied all those books so he could at least know stuff Abel so he wouldn't be clueless and idiotic and instead be of some kind of help to his best friend and the Slytherin was wondering how well was he doing with such a task. "Okay, good," the former assassin nodded affirmatively. Full moon was coming up and he had to make sure of a few things for his friend. After all, his friend sometimes neglected to do stuff that was quite important. "Have you eaten your red meat?" he asked once again in a soft, discreet voice.

"Baby," Abel muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes as a small smile crept on his face. He was trying to pop Killua's ego before it became too big for him to deal with. Ego stroking was something he did often for Killua, as Killy often picked him up when he was down - it was only right that Abel make Killy feel better. It was rare for Abel to ever see Killua as anything other than calm and content, so applying some compliments here and there to keep Killua happy was a small price to pay for peace of mind. Killy was one of the only people that put up with him, and it was never too difficult to enlarge his already sizable head. It helped keep the peace. He had never truly argued with Killua before, occasionally having minor squabbles when they were younger - usually over someone snoring, or someone misplacing someone else's item. Simple things. Otherwise, he had never truly upset his friend and he did not ever plan to.

Abel rested his chin on his palm as Killua nodded, finding his concern to be totally uncalled for. It was nice, being cared about, but really, he did not want to speak about this. Not right now. "Killy-" he stopped when Killy spoke once more. With a firm jaw, Abel nodded sharply. "Yes," he replied, through gritted teeth. He had eaten right. He (mostly) ate right. Obviously, being a teenager, sometimes he would just stuff his face with anything, but he was still conscious about it. Somewhat. "I've eaten properly."

Killy could've sworn that a vein popped in his head as soon as he heard Abel call him a baby. Well, he didn't really scream it to his face or something. Abel just muttered it, though this guy should really have known better. Killua was a former assassin after all, and that usually meant trained senses and hearing his best friend speak was not really that much of a strain. Especially, considering the fact that his friend was sitting right beside him at the moment. Think of him childish but he definitely did not like calling a baby. He clicked his tongue rather bit irritably and twitched his nose in subtle annoyance and decided to tease this guy as well. "Wolfie," he muttered back. And if one would think that his revenge was over, that person had thought very, very wrong because Killy takes revenge seriously. And it was indeed a dish best served cold and he had to remember to that patience was a virtue. Abel would have his day, Killy swore it on his reputation of being a former assassin.

And though teasing his friend, Killua still had half the mind though to be conscious of his surrounding. Well, not like he had not been mindful of his surroundings, but it was always better that he kept an eye out on everything and anything. Especially since this was a very sensitive topic that neither he nor Abel would like the whole school to know about. And yet he was still worried about his friend, knowing that this guy was mostly timid and Killy swore to Merlin that he would bonk the werewolf's head if he had been neglecting certain stuff about his condition. And Killua bonking a head was definitely not a good idea considering his history and heritage. He nodded as his best friend admitted to having eaten properly though he wasn't really out of questions just yet. Though he could easily see that his best friend was getting pissed and he couldn't help but chuckle at that. "You do know that full moon's coming up in a few days or so, right?" he asked innocently before rummaging through the books he had gotten.

After a few moments, he had seemingly found the book he has been searching for and he smiled at Abel. "Now, don't get pissed. I'm just trying to be helpful," he said and made a mental note to run after this, because he was quite sure that his friend would be wanting his head for this. And while it could be considered revenge for calling him a baby, this was only a part of it. He placed the book in front of Abel, carefully covering the title with his hand. "See? I even got a book here," he said and carefully taking his hand off of the cover. "Lycanthropy for Dummies. It's for you," he said with a small grin. It was a beginner's book he had found in one corner of the library one day really, and he just couldn't resist showing it to Abel. As soon as he could see the realization coming to his friend's face, Killua bolted for the door, intent on running and hiding away from Abel for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back