Wondering the Streets

Blane Bailey

Blane walked down the streets of Hogsmede, a bit bored. He looked at all the different shops that lined the street. All the different people walking around going into the shops and coming out with lots of different wizarding objects. He stopped at the end of the street and looked at all the people walking. He leaned against a lamp post that was at the corner of the street, wondering if anyone of these people walking the street might talk to him.

[color=cc66ff]Lemina was wondering through Hogsmeade after work when she saw a young boy. She approached him and said, "Hi. I'm Lemina." whilst offering him her hand.[/color]

[color=cc66ff]Lemina shook his hand. "Hi Blane. I'm alright. I've just finished work." she smiled. "Are you coming here next year?"[/color]

"Yeah i am" Blane said "I wanted to see what the school looked like before i came. Im only here for the weekend. My flight back to where i live leaves tomorrow. Do you like the school?" Blane asked curious to find out more about the school.

[color=cc66ff]"Oh cool, where are you from? Are you here alone?" she said to him, before answering his question, "Yeah, school is good. My favourite subjects are Charms, Herbology, Potions, History of Magic, Flying, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. In fact, basically everything apart from Astronomy!" she said jokingly. It was true, Astronomy was the subject she really didn't like.[/color]

"Those sound like really interesing subjects. I even think Astronomy would be cool." Blane answered "I come from Scotland and yes i am here alone. Do you know what time it is? I have serious jet lag. It took 25 hours in a plane to get here. Do you come from New Zealand

[color=cc66ff]"Well it was OK but I messed up the exam and failed so I turned sour." she said with a smile, upon hearing he was from Scotland she was suprised. "Oh my god. I'm from Peebles, which is near Edinburgh! Where about are you from? Oh and it's about 5pm here." [/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Ah yes, I've visited there a few times." she smiled. "Oh, OK. I've got 3 little sisters but they're not coming here. The eldest is in your year." she told Blane.[/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Yeah I know. But don't worry, loads of people are only children." she told him, hoping he didn't feel left out. "Well I work in Diagon Alley, in the Second Hand Store."[/color]

[color=cc66ff] Lemina smiled. That was exactly what she was thinking when she was being sorted. "Same here! Well my mum is pure-blood and my dad is a muggle. What about you?"[/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Umm well my dad is dead, he died when I was 9." she said with an intake of breath but managed to keep a smile on her face. [/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Yeah, I'm fine." she was telling the truth. "I've learned to cope, it's better than hiding it from myself." then trying to change the subject she said, "So, what about your parents?"[/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Oh, OK." the cold was starting to bite at her. "Do you want to go to the Three Broomsticks or something?" she asked. She hoped he realised she was asking this as a friend, nothing more.[/color]

[color=cc66ff]"Okay, will you be able to stay for another half hour or so?" she asked him. "And it's just around the corner from here." she indicated the direction it was in.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back