Wizards never forget

Dylan Fields

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Despite being absent for so long, Dylan hadn't forgotten his way around the castle. He had expected to find himself traipsing about the school completely lost, like a newly arrived first year, but he had surprised himself. He walked down the corridor on his way back to the Hufflepuff Common Room, when he found himself at a divide, he could either turn right or left. Neither direction looked vaguely familiar to Dylan in the slightest. "Okay now I am lost!" He muttered under his breath, so much for remembering Hogwarts like he'd never been away.

He heard footsteps behind him and quickly turned around. He didn't want to seem lost, third years didn't get lost! "Oh hey Victor! I haven't seen you in ages!" Dylan wasn't sure if he had told Victor why he wasn't at school, "So, where are you going?" If it was anywhere near the Hufflepuff Common Room, Dylan might be able to tag along and not seem lost.

Victor had been tossing a baseball in the air when he heard someone shouted his name, he turn around instantly recognising Dylan. "Hey dude!" he smiled brightly wielding the baseball between each fingers. "I know where have you been?" he asked wondering where his hufflepuff friend had been at all the time. "I was about to head for the lawns to toss this around a few times." he showed Dylan the ball, it was in autograph from a old baseball player from way back than. "Signed and played by baseball greatest DH in history David Ortiz." he grin proudly showing the aged signature. It was a gift given to him years back, Victor couldn't remember if it was for ha birthday or a Christmas present.

Dylan had never played baseball before, he was more into football himself, "Sweet, David Ortiz. I've never heard of him before but whatever." Dylan signaled for Victor to pass him the ball so he could take a closer look. "Yeah I haven't been at Hogwarts, I was off ill. I had dragon pox" Dylan had spent the last couple of weeks and months solidly in bed. "I almost died from it, but it's all cool now, and I'm not contagious so happy days!" He smiled. Dylan looked down the corridor, shoot it just occurred to him that he was on completely the wrong floor for the Hufflepuff Common Room. "Hey, want to toss the ball around here, there's no one around."

"Dude you almost died?? You have to be shitting me." Victor said wide eyed his fingers lifting up in the air as he tossed him the ball. "What's dragon pox anyways never really heard of it before?" Victor said tossing the ball and fourth towards Dylan. He never heard such a thing and wondered if Dylan was making it up. He didn't to seem like he was lying so it must be true. "Yeah sure just watch for them portraits, they get rather nasty if you knows what I mean." Victor signal his eyes towards the portraits hanging at his left.

Okay so perhaps the 'almost died' part was a slight exaggeration but Dylan had to make his absence sound more interesting than it was. "What's dragon pox?" Dylan unnecessarily repeated the question, "You're a muggle born right? Well it's sort of the wizard equivalent of chicken pox, except you turn green and shoot fire out of you're nose." Dylan had set fire to many bed sheets from firing fire out of his nostrils. "But I'm all cured now!" He added, catching the base ball and spinning it in his hands.

"Oh never mind the portraits, we won't smudge their faces, what could they do to us anyway? Plus a little spell called, Reparo, fixes everything!" Dylan was right, whenever he accidently knocked something over the spell came in very useful. "You ready?!"

He threw the ball back to Victor.

"Oh okay I was wondering what that was." Victor shurg not even caring about the pictures anymore."We should go raid the kitchedn I'm starving." he caught the ball on time. It was Victor turn to throw it back, he had a good arm for baseball. It wasn't his true passion though, surfing was were he wanted to be, so he guess baseball came in second. "You want to or not?" he asked Dylan hoping for company, as he caught the ball once again after Victor had thrown it towards him.

Dylan caught the ball but held onto it. "The kitchen. That's good plan, I'm wasting away here!" Despite going to every meal and snacking Dylan was still always hungry. Hey, he was a growing boy, who participated in very demanding sports such as throwing a ball down a corridor. He needed all the food he could get! "You wanna head down there now?" Dylan finally threw the ball back to Victor but aimed badly. He watched the baseball ricochet off the wall and roll down the hallway and out of sight. "Oops, sorry if I've lost you your David Ortiz signed baseball dude!"

"Dude that's not cool!" Victor nearly shouted as he grabbed his wand out. "Accio Ball." within seconds the ball was right in the palm of his other hand, he shook his head looking at Dylan. "Never mess with a David Ortiz ball, glad it wasn't my Jackie Robinson ball. That one is so off limits." many reason why, one of them because Jackie was in old Dodgers player. Now that they were playing for his hometown, he had a lot admiration for Jackie. "Now let's go I'm starving like marving." he laughed using his dad old saying. He tucked his wand and ball away in safe keeping, and started to run down the corridors. "Let's make this interesting last one there is a rotten toad, with pimples." Victor laughing rushing away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back