Wizard Rockers First Meeting

Stormie Lew

Stormie arrived, a little flushed but smiling, to see a group of expectant students. "Sorry I'm late, guys!" she said excitedly, "I hope you didn't start without me!" She looked around at everyone, pleasantly surprised at the turnout.

"Okie doke," she continued, "welcome to our first meeting! I hope school is coming along for everyone... It's been a little hectic in Hogsmeade, what with all the animals and wand-buying and books and such..." she laughed to herself and got back on topic. "So!" she grinned, "First things first! If we could all introduce ourselves, that would be awesome. Why don't we start off with our names and houses, where we come from, and a little about why we're here? I'll kick it off:

My name is Stormie, and I'm a Ravenclaw. I'm from California, born and raised in the states. I'm here because I really enjoy music. Playing, listening, dancing... Music can be a useful form of therapy, a way to express something that words cannot, a way to relate your soul to the world around you. Music can be anything-pain, joy, love, curiosity, fear... It is such an extremely versatile thing in the world, it really is unique. For me, it is healing. No matter what is going on in the world, or in my life, it has been a constant that I can depend on. It will always be there, even when everything else is changing, yet it is also always changing to be exactly what I need." Having gotten a little starry-eyed, Stormie smiled contently. "And if I am able to share that with others, well... That would be perfectly perfect."

Almost forgetting the plate in her lap, Stormie's eyes passed over Alex and she blushed a little as she remembered. "Oh, and I brought cookies!" she said happily and passed the dish around. "Made them myself, with a little help from some very willing house-elves in the kitchen. There're some of every variety... Those house-elves know some pretty clever magic!" And she winked as she bit into a delicious macaroon.

She then turned to the person closest her, as they were all dispersed comfortably around the lakefront. Encouragingly, she passed the floor. "You're up" she grinned, and waited earnestly to hear from everyone.

As they all took their turns, the group started to bond in their common ideas. Some nodded as their peers spoke, and others laughed in agreement. As the last person finished up, Stormie led them through one more go-around.

"Now for the best part, which will probably be hard for most of us" she laughed. "What is your favorite kind of music? You can describe it any way you'd like -- by genre, subject matter, era, performer, instrument... Whatever comes to your mind first."

Pausing to think for a moment, she looked around once more. "I would say my favorite music is the kind I listen to right before bed, as I'm falling asleep, that relaxes me and helps me wind down the day. Especially after classes," she laughed again. "Music that makes me feel complete and happy, and... and..." she searched for a word. "And human."

After everyone was done, Stormie closed the meeting. "Thanks again for coming guys, I hope we all enjoyed it" and with an appreciative and excited glance around, she continued. "Next meeting, date to be announced, will be 'bring your pet'!!"

She quickly added, "oh, and one more thing! I'll post a flyer in the club center, in case anyone would like to stick a copy in their common room to spread the word! Have a fabulous week, and good luck in classes as I'm sure the work is only gonna get harder" and she grimaced teasingly as she headed back up to the grounds.

"Okay," Estrella said, getting in words between bites of the delicious chocolate chip cookie, "Well, since Stormie pretty much said everything there is to say about music, I won't be too long. I know pretty much all of you here, but for those I don't my name is Estrella Drage, and I'm a Ravenclaw. I love music, and I was born in Britain but lived in the States since I was five. My dad was a wizard and my mom was a muggle, but besides the point, I'm here because, as I already said, I like music. I mostly like to listen to classic muggle metal and rock, but I can listen to pretty much anything. My favorite muggle bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, and Evanescence. If we start a band, I'm pretty good at guitar, so yeah." Having finished her little rant, she became silent, nibbling at her cookie as she waited for the person next to her to speak.

Kaela sat and listened intently to Stormie. She had some really good views about music. Once it was her turn to introduce herself, she put down her sugar cookie to speak. "Hi, I'm Kaela, I'm in Ravenclaw. I'm a muggleborn from Ireland, so I know nothing about wizard music. Along with wanting to learn more about music, I'm here because I love music. I sing and play the trumpet and mainly I just love listening to it. I really enjoy celtic punk, ska, some pop, and I've recently been getting into power metal. I know some of you probably have no idea what I'm saying, but yeah...That's all." And Kaela picked her cookie back up, nibbling as she listened to everyone else introduce themselves.

Courtney sat and listened to the others speak, she enjoyed hearing others speak of a topic she loved so much herself. When it was her turn to speak, she said "Hi everyone, I'm Courtney Potter. Like Kaela, I'm also from Ireland, but I wasn't born there. I was born in England. I really do love music, I listen to every kind. What I enjoy the most is walking through the markets of Ireland and hearing buskers playing on the streets, they have passion! Personally I play the ukelele and piano, but would definitely be willing to learn how to play more instruments. I enjoy a lot of electronic music, ska, Canadian folk, a little bit of pop, and indie rock."

Courtney took a bite out of her cookie, "This is delicious!"

Alex ran down to the lakefront and saw that everythign had already began. "Sorry I'm late. Some things came up. What did I miss?"

"Not much!" Stormie replied brightly. "We're just doing introductions for today, and it's your turn. And!" she pointed to the plate in Courtey's lap. "Cookies."

"oh, mo thanks, feeling on the ehh side. Still, I'm Alex Mosier. I play roughly six instruments (in RL) and do the whole chorus thing. I listen to pretty much anything. What about everyone else?"

Elizabeth smiled. "I'm Elizabeth Malfoy. I sing and dance (in rl). My musical wish is to learn to play guitar or piano." she paused for a moment. "My favorite music is the kind that either conveys an important message, or makes people feel good." She grinned. "I'm here to have fun. Same reason I end up most places I go."

OOC: i don't know if we were supposed to post this, but I do play guitar in real life
and I like all those bands haha

Lucien ran down the lawn, his robes billowing out after him. His usually unruly hair rippled in the wind. He saw the gathering of students already at the lakefront and cursed himself for losing track of the time. He heard the students talking and caught a whif of cookies. Once he reached the group he quickly sat down next to Stormie and muttered quietly, "Sorry I'm late!" He listened while everyone else took their turn and slyly slipped a whole cookie in his mouth.

"Professor!!" Stormie smiled broadly. "Glad you could make it" she said sincerely as he sat down. We're just going through introductions, and waiting for more members to arrive... Any chance you'd like to say a few words about yourself?" She tried to remain cool and confident, but grinned ecstatically at the girls, raising her eyebrows as if to say "woohoo!!" as he turned to introduce himself.

Lucien smiled and stood, dusting off his robes. He had to make sure he had swallowed the last of the cookie he was eating before he spoke. Clearing his throat, he began. "Hello ladies," he said, bowing slightly to the girls, "and gentleman. Of course those of you who have had my class know me as Professor Embers, but when we're not in the classroom you can call me Lucien." He said in his thick Australian accent. He smiled at them and continued. "As far as music goes, I'm very much a rock type guy. Usually the heavier the better. I play guitar and was in a band up until I took up the job here." He smiled wistfully as he remembered the adoring fans screaming up at him. When he realized he was still standing in front of everyone with a dopey smile still on his face, he cleared his throat and sat back down.

Stormie was surprised to hear that the Professor had been in a band, and rather recently. She tried to imagine him playing. As he continued, she dazed off a bit, leaving the lakefront for a small concert. Suddenly someone cleared their throat, and she was jogged back to the meeting. She clapped her hands into her lap and smiled sincerely at the Professor. "Thanks, Lucien." Turning her smile to the group, she looked at Kaela, Estrella, Courtney, Elizabeth, and Alex in turn. "And thank you all for coming. I think we're gonna have a good year," she grinned. "I'm excited to learn more about everyone! So!" she straightened up, "for the next meeting, as I said before, everyone can bring their pet! And come prepared to share a bit about your favorite band, muggle or not." Before standing, she looked around once more. "How do we all feel about next Tuesday? And where should we meet?"

(((Australian accent... nice touch! I am honestly in love with Lucien :p)))

"Maybe we should meet somewhere on an upper level, considering it'll be closer to our dorms and we're basically just Ravenclaws and Gryffindors here. Well, and the Professor, of course," Estrella suggested.

"Ou, I can bring Bengal? He'll really like that. Tuesday is good, wherever works. Estrella makes a good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back