Without the Pressure

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
((Sorry I had a few internet problems))

Sam walked into Obsidina Harbour for the first time in what felt like forever that he didn't have the pressure of shopping. It was done and gone. He smiled cheerfully and began to wonder around. He spotted something in a window that caught his eye, of corse it was to do with quidditch but he stood there in admiration before moving on. He wondered aimlessly without a goal and hoped someone would join him.

Elizabeth, having done most of her shopping, walked around Obsidian Harbor. There was nothing much to do besides shop and spend money, and it got rather boring after a while. She spotted Sam and trotted over to him. "Hey Sam, she said. "Have you finished your shopping?"

Darren had been wandering around Obsidian Harbor, glad that he had all his supplies for school in. He seen a boy around his age wandering around and decided to go over and introduce himself."Hey, im Darren. Is it alright if i join you?"He asked with a smile.

"Liz!" He said when he turned around, "How are you? Long time no see." he said to her. "Yeah I have. I'm so glad its over and done! What about yourself?" he asked. Then another boy he vaguely recongnised from the sorting ceremony, and he thought he remembered him getting into Hufflepuff, "Hey Darren. I'm Sam. Yeah sure....your in Hufflepuff?" he said hoping his guess was correct.

"Indeed, I am." he nodded, "Well, I was just saying I've finished up my shopping recently. So I am just having sort of a wander. Its nice not to have a list putting pressure on you." he laughed, he hated shopping with a passion. "What about you?"

"I''m good, just a little tired from all this shopping! What about you Sam?" Elizabeth said. "Hi Darren. I'm Elizabeth, or Liz if you would prefer to call me that. I'm in Gryffindor." She smiled. "Good job, Sam, on getting in Hufflepuff! I knew you wouldn't belong in Slytherin."

"Thanks Liz," he smiled to her appreciativly. "You too, are you happy with Gryffindor?" he asked her. "I know those days Darren." he sighed, he had been incredibly bored since living with his uncle and the villages were always an escape from the boredom.

Elizabeth sighed. "The idea of being in Gryffindor is growing on me, I guess. It's just that I had my hopes up so high to be in Ravenclaw..." she trailed off, not really wanting to talk about it. For the most part, she was afraid of how her mother would react, being a former Ravenclaw. Liz knew her mom had wanted her to be in Ravenclaw as well. She decided to change the subject. "So, have you two gotten your wands yet?"

Sam nodded and knew not to dwell on the subject. "Yeah I got mine." he said proudly, "It was one of the first thing I bought. What about you?" he asked her.

"Me too," Elizabeth said. She hadn't let go of her wand since leaving the shop. "It's cherry with the essence of wood rose. I can't wait until I know how to use it!" The impatience for the new school year to start was almost overwhelming.

Sam nodded "Mine is a Black Walnut/ Maple Wand with an essence of Silver Thistle." He said proudly. "Yeah, I have been carrying it around all the time. But I really don't see the point. I mean I know nothing.." he said agreeing with her.

Elizabeth tried to be optimistic. "Well, I guess we'll learn soon enough. I just like to carry it around because for one, it's cool, and two, it makes me look important. Now I can scare all the younger kids by pretending to know how to cast spells."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back