Without a date... Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Pike

OOC First Name
David!
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
David finished fixing his hair for the Yule Ball. Funny, even after he fixed it, it still looked the exact same as normal. He smiled at himself in the mirror, which was a rare sight. He wasn't in a bad mood at all tonight, despite not having a date. He was wearing his formal attire, which was in black and with a very nice Slytherin green tie. He looked himself up and down one last time before exiting where he slept and moved down to the common room. David cleaned up nice, which probably wasn't super expected. He still had to brush the hair out of his eyes on a regular bases though.

He made his way to the great hall where the Yule Ball was occurring and slipped in quietly, taking a seat at one of the many tables in the hall. He looked at all of the nice couples dancing and chatting and actually felt a little lonely, which didn't happen too often. When he got depressed, he just felt generally bad. He wasn't going to let a little lonelyness ruin his night though. He was going to find a way to have a little fun tonight. He went over and grabbed some food before sitting back down.

Paige did not know what to wear for the Yule Ball, her parents had stuffed some dresses in her trunk and Paige could not decide between a black one or a black and white on with a pattern. Paige finally chose the last one, because the other one was a bit short for a first year. Paige had done her hair and make up, she was ready to go on her date with her almost boyfriend Alan Witts. Paige looked older in this dress and people could say she looked like a old third year or a young fourth year, she liked the dress and gave it a soft stroke with her hand, so she could feel the soft fabric of the dress.

When Paige saw her friend Alan she was mind blown, he looked hot and Paige knew that they would be a cute couple when they were older. Paige walked with Alan to the Great Hall and the Great Hall looked amazing with mistletoe and other decorations on the walls and the ceiling. Alan knew that Paige did not want to dance with him all night and Alan accepted that fact, Paige had some other friends on Hogwarts and she wanted to dance with them too. Paige looked in to the Great Hall in her quest to find some of her friends, her blue eyes soon found her newly found friend David sitting alone in the Great Hall. David looked cute in his Yule ball outfit and Paige could not help, but to show him her largest smile. Paige walked up to him and saw that he looked kind of depressed, Paige laid her hand on his shoulder and muttered: ''Hey David, do you fancy a dance with me?'' Paige had her puppy look on, if David did not want to dance, she would just take the opposite seat and eat with him for a while, but something inside her told her that, that was not necessary. Paige hoped that David would not found her offer creepy, since she was a first year and he was a seventh year already.

David looked up from his food and there stood Paige, his first year friend. She was in a very cute white dress that made her look quite a bit older then she was. She looked quite pretty, not to mention that she was doing the whole puppy dog eyes thing. But still, something bugged him. He smiled at her. "I thought you were going with someone. I really wouldn't want to impose." he said quietly. A dance would be nice of course, but David didn't express feelings like that outloud for fear of it being taken badly or something. He brushed some of his dark hair out of his blue eyes. Smiling he said, "You look very prettytonight, by the way." Hopefully he didn't sound super awkward like most of the time. He probably did. Luckily tonight he was in a much better mood then he was the last time they had talked.

He took another quick bite of food and stood up. The height difference between him and Paige was relatively large, which might prove to be a small issue if they actually did dance. But whatever. Secretly David wasn't actually half-bad at slow dancing. He just didn't talk about it much. Actually, he didn't talk about much.. much. He turned to Paige and smiled.

Paige knew that David was looking at her and Paige her face went red and on her cheeks appeared a light blush. ''Yes, I was, but I do not want to dance the whole night with him.. I can do that for the next sixth years or so..'' Paige paused before speaking again ''And I wanted to dance with you, since this is your last year on Hogwarts.'' Paige looked at David, he looked nice and his blue eyes looked amazing with his outfit. When he gave Paige a compliment, she could not help but to bow elegantly to him. ''Thank you, you look amazing too.'' Paige said with a smile on her face, she was genuinely nice to him, she hated the fake behaviour some people had. Paige liked the quirky and awkwardness that the boy had sometimes, it was almost adorable.

Paige noticed the height difference almost immediately, she knew that David was taller, but she had not noticed that he was this tall. Paige could not give a flying salamander about the height difference, she liked him any way. David and Paige were slow dancing and Paige had to give him credit that he was a decent slow dancer, she tried to look in his eyes, but the height difference between the two made it hard to even look at his shoulders. When David smiled to Paige, she blushed again her cheeks getting a brighter colour of red. Paige looked at Alan and saw that he was dancing with another girl and Paige knew that he would not anything he would regret later. Paige looked back at David and was a bit clueless, she did not know what to say next. ''You are a really good slow dancer, you know that?'' Paige said with a blush on her face and a bright smile.

David smiled when Paige blushed. It was cute. "I do try." he said with a acute smirk. Since his hands were occupied with the slow dancing, his dark hair fell down into his eyes. Seeing was relatively difficult; he tried to direct a breath up to his hair to make it go back up. It didn't work. Whatever. David more or less gave up on his hair and just looked into Paige's eyes in a way that conveyed adoration, of a platonic level. Not that it was easy to see his eyes, but hey. It's the thought that counts right?

He took Paige and spun her around a little bit, just for fun. Slow dancing always needed a little more life in it. "Paige, it means a lot that you wanted to dance with a lame seventh year like me." said Paige, "Especially since I'm quiet and like, weird." he smiled a little, although he wasn't joking. He didn't actually think all that highly of himself. Because, well he really just wasn't all that great. He was kind of lame. He hadn't written anything in months; well anything worthwhile. But whatever you know. Self worth was for losers. David put on his smile again and continued to dance.

Paige liked looking in his beautiful blue eyes, it was a bummer that his hair was clouding his eyes. Paige could not herself and stood on her toes while wearing her heels and brushed his hair out of his face, so she could look in his eyes again. Paige giggled, she liked him as a friend he was a bit too old, but he was nice and sweet to her. He was a good dancer, other boys would already step on her toes while dancing. ''Sorry, I like seeing your eyes.'' Paige muttered to David, his blue eyes were stunning. When David spun her around, Paige blushed and giggled again. Alan was still dancing with another Slytherin first year and Paige could not give a flying salamander about that, she trusted him and he knew she would be mad if he did something she would not do. Paige liked dancing with David, he was not that talkative and he was a pretty good dancer. ''Oh, you are no lame seventh year.'' Paige paused mid-sentence ''You are the best, sweetest and nicest seventh year I know.'' Paige said, finally finishing her sentence.

Paige listened to the boy, he said he was weird and he was not joking. Paige thought it was weird that he called himself weird, Paige was not over confident herself, but she would not call herself weird. ''You are not weird, people do not know you like I do.'' Paige knew David as a sweet and nice guy, but if you would not know him you could say he was weird or quiet. Paige smirked at the boy, it was a shame that David would be gone from Hogwarts the next year, Paige hoped that he would still write to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back