With a Vow to Defend

Aurora Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Sexual Orientation
Personalities
Wand
Wild 10 3/4 Inch Reasonably Supple Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Seeing that she had a professor on her list of deliveries was a bit of a bummer, but Rory took heart from the fact that it was one she'd never heard of before - at least she knew delivering the rose wouldn't be done under the awkward circumstances of 'Hey, I'm the student that never pays attention in your classes.' Just the regular old awkwardness of adults getting roses at all. At least this one was yellow, which Rory was thankful for. She supposed she could deal with adults being friends with one another. She was also thankful that this professor had his office out near the greenhouses, as it gave her an excuse to get away from all the gross Valentine's stuff going on in the castle for a while. "Helloo," she called, knocking on the edge of the door frame as she peered into the office. "Anyone here?"

Maurice had been grading essays when he heard a knock on his door and turned to look around to see who it was. ''Miss Night,'' he said, standing up from his desk and walking towards the door to welcome her in. ''Is there anything I can help you with?'' he asked, wondering why she had come to him.

Rory let out a quiet groan at the fact that the professor knew her name, which she hoped the man didn't hear. How on earth did he know who she was? Did the professors all tell stories about them up at that table in the Great Hall, or wherever else they went when lessons weren't happening? 'Watch out for that third-year Gryffindor Rory Night, she writes terrible essays and sneaks out all the time, but we've never managed to give her detention; it's astounding and awe-inspiring.' Rory snorted to herself, before remembering that she should probably get on with what she came here for. "Not really Professor, it's just a rose delivery. You've got a yellow one." She held the flower out towards the man, along with the note that came with it.
Note said:
Maurice,
Have a great day bro!
Jon.

Maurice took the flower from Aurora and thanked the girl. He felt a little bad for not sending roses himself so could only hope that whoever this rose was from wouldn't be disappointed that they would not be receiving a rose from him. His eyes scanned the note and smiled at seeing the name written on it. Perhaps, as an apology, he should invite Jon to go with him to the Three Broomsticks during the Brightstone weekends and have a few drinks with his friend. Maurice looked back up at the Gryffindor in front of him. ''It's from Professor Phillips,'' he said in case she was wondering who the rose was from.

Rory had been on the verge of disappearing from the professor's office now that her job was done, but the note must have been short because she was suddenly being addressed again. "Oh, um... cool?" She racked her brains for a minute, but concluded that she had never come across Professor Phillips either. Man, why were there so many professors here, what did they even all teach? "I don't think I've met... them." She settled on a gender neutral term hesitantly, not wanting to offend the person in question's friend she was currently standing in front of. Adults and their weird conversations were so... weird.

Maurice should've known that she wouldn't know who Professor Phillips was yet, as she was still in her third year. ''Professor Phillips teaches the older students Muggle Studies,'' the thirty-year-old explained. ''Anyway, I should get back to grading papers and I'm sure you've got some other deliveries to make so I won't hold you up. Thank you for the flower, miss Night.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back