Wishing

Alex shrugged. 'Whatever there is really. But it has to have a good beat' he answered her. He thought about how Kiera had said her sister and her were complete opposites. Wondering about that, maybe she just meant that they had different tastes.
Moving from a sitting position, he stood up and look back in the direction of the school. Nobody he knew in sight. Great he smiled, knowing that he would be off with the dare. Glancing at his watch, there was only 20 minutes to go before it was safe to go back. Geez, hiding seek was such a boring game to play.

Kiera nodded as Alex said the music just had to have a good beat. That would make sense for a dancer. Kiera frowned as Alex rose to his feet. Was he planning to leave already? She turned her face up to him. She had to cover her eyes from the sun in order to see him. "Are you deserting me already?" she joked.

He laughed. Alex looked down at her, 'Why? You want me to?'he asked her, smiling. Checking there weren't any little spies or scroungers, as they liked to call them, weren't around, he knelt back down. Who knows what people used to cheat in these games. 'Tough luck, you're stuck with me for 20 minutes'he said, a hint of amusement on his features.

Kiera laughed. She was actually very happy he wasnt heading back in quite yet. She enjoyed his company. Kiera couldnt remember the last time she had laughed so much without him. She couldnt think of any. If he did ask her to be his ball date, she knew it would probably be the best Yule Ball yet. She shook her head at Alex as he sat back down. "Why would I ever want to get rid of you?" she asked playfully.

Alex whistled, making the sound of a bomb falling. 'Wouldn't be so sure bout that one. You'll get annoyed with me in about 10 minutes, trust me'he playfully returned, a crooked smile on his face. 'C'mon. We have to do something other than sit here like a bunch of old ladies,'he joked at the end, getting up. He took her hand and pulled her up, not caring if she was going to sit right back down.

Kiera laughed as Alex said she would get tired of him. She highly doubted that one. She grinned as he reached down and pulled her up. She didnt have much choice in the matter. He was strong and Kiera was light. She laughed at him again. "Well then sir, what do you propose we do?" she asked him, with her hands on her hips.

Alex laughed. 'I don't know. Well, since you're now my date for the yule ball'he said, winking at her before continuing, 'we might as well have some fun like..'. Alex thought a little scare might be good for her. He looked at how far she was standing away from the edge. '...dancing..'he suggested, taking her hands and dancing like you would in the heat of the moment. 'or falling off the edge'he added, making a few rocks fall off next to them. '..or finally, messing up Kiera's hair again,'he stated in finality tone. He took his hand and flicked one side of her hair to cover her face.

Kiera smiled as Alex announced she was now his date. She liked the thought and was happy to be going with someone. Alex especially. Kiera liked his carefree attitude. Alex took her hands and began to dance with her. She laughed outloud as they twirled closer to the edge. She wasnt afraid of falling. Kiera knew Alex wouldnt let her fall off the edge. Her heart did skip a beat though when she saw Alex nudge some rocks over the cliff. Kiera laughed again when he flicked her hair over her face. He would be surprised the night of the ball when she chopped it off. Kiera flipped her hair back to its side of her face. "Well I think I see something fun." she said glacing over at the trees. "How do you feel about tree climbing?" she asked. It had been a favorite of Kiera's when she was younger.

Alex raised his eyebros at her not beleiving she was serious about the suggestion she just made. 'A 6th year girl climbing a tree? Now this I gotta see,' he freindly teased.
Going over to the tree not too near to edge, he stood. 'Leg up or will you jump?'he asked her wondering. It had been a while since he had climbed a tree. A couple in first year but that was about it.

Kiera laughed. "I am not your typical 6th year girl." she said in response to his comment. She grinned as they walked over to the trees. "I have my own way of getting in the trees." she said with a wink. Kiera rubbed her hands on her jeans. The branch was a foot and a half above her head. It was a good, smooth strong branch. Kiera took several steps back. She took a breath and ran towards the branch. She jumped and grabbed it with her hands. She swung herself as she would on the uneven bars. She decided to try and impress Alex with a routine. It was easy since there was a branch placed just right as the taller bar. She had been practicing this routine for a while now. Kiera landed with her arms in the air.

Alex watched as she took a couple of steps back, his mouth shut and his eyes filled with curiousity of this method she had. The corners of his mouth turned up in amusment as she jumped and caught the branch starting to do a routine.
It was almost like one of the Olympic gymnastic sports that he remembered seeing though what he couldn't exactly remember. His face grew softer as he watched her agility at the ease of swapping to the branches. She most of been practising for a while he thought.
As she landed, his smile widened. He clapped his hands for the fun of it. 'Very impressive. Wish I could do that as easy as yuo made it look.'he complimented before his smile turned to one side. 'Though if it was very effective on actually climbing the tree is another story,'he chuckled at his crap humour. He didn't mean anything by it, hoping he hand't just offended her.

Kiera laughed. She was pleased he liked her routine. "You should see me compete in the summers." she said grinning. "It wasnt effective because I got distracted trying to show off for you." she joked. This time, she grabbed the branch and swung herself onto it lightly. She was now standing on the branch. She grinned down at Alex. "Well come on then." she said motioning him upwards.

Alex laughed, grinning back. 'Aww you shouldn't have, too thoughtful of you,'he played along, smiling. he watched as she swung onto the branch and told him to get a move on basically. 'Alright, alright. Just coz you've got the flexibility of an elastic band'he jokingly complained as he wondered how he was going to get up.
Maybe he could just pull himself onto the branch Kiera was on? No, no, that would be very stupid. He didn't have the balance to get that at all. Maybe..just maybe, he could run up the base of the tree and grab hold of the branch sitting himself there. Sounded good enough to him.
Happy with his plan, he stood a few metres back before sprinted at it and landing his right foot on a small ridge on the tree, and his left on a small nut (sp?). He took his hand in that second and held onto a branch above his head before he swung himself from it and landed onto the branch she was stood on. he straightened up, his hands free of anything to hold on now. In all, it only filled the time span of about 10 seconds.
Alex sighed, almost unaudible, full of relief he hadn't messed that up. He was looking down at the ground, still unsure if he wanted to climb a tree now. His fear of heights he now reckoned hadn't completely dissappeared after all. Trying to compose his face, he looked up.
'Don't even bother commenting on how bad I was getting up to here. Climbing trees is certaintly ain't my talent anymore,'he told her, a light attitude with it. It didn't matter if she commented though, there was no threat at all behind it.

Kiera grinned as Alex teased her. She had always been flexible and light. Gymnastics had come easily to her which was part of the reason she loved it so much. She hoped Alex would come watch her once at one of her competitions. Kiera loved it when she had her friends to cheer her on. Kiera watched Alex's way of getting in the tree. She didnt believe it was as fun as her way but it worked all the same. Kiera grinned as Alex stood in the tree with her.
"Oh your werent that bad. You made it up here didnt you?" she said before pausing. She thought about what he said. It sounded like he had a bad experience climbing trees. "What do you mean its not your talent anymore? Did you have a bad fall once?" Kiera asked.

Alex laughed. 'Nope, well, not bad ones as such. Just since my first flying lesson. Didn't take up on it much after that,'he explained smiling. He only just realized he wasn't going to get away with that explanation though. She was probably going to ask what happened in his first flying lesson. He wondered whether he even wanted to explain it. It wasn't that it had been bad, just his stupid mistakes that would ruin his reputation.
'So, we just going to stand here or we going to see if the top is fragile or not?'he asked her, jokingly before holding the branch up above him. It was chest height with him, and quite thick still. Alex pulled himself up without much problem. it was just like bars at the parks where the boys always did chin ups, or some tried to anyway. Fun times, he thought to himself, smirking. He sat, a leg on each side waiting for Kiera.

Kiera listened to Alex explain. She decided to ask the obvious question as Alex climbed farther in the tree. "What happened in the flying lessons?" she asked, interested. "Of course we wont just stand here." Kiera said with a laugh. There was a strong looking branch right above her head. She grabbed it and pulled herself up. Kiera looked slight but her strength and muscles were amazing for her small body. She flung her leg over the branch so that she was sitting directly in front of Alex. They were close together. She smiled as she waited for his answer.

Alex smiled. 'Thought you'd ask that. Umm, I fell off the broom, then threw on the ground annoyed. It decided it would be nice after that and total took off with me on it, ending up with me in the lake. Fun lesson have to admit, though, probably why I hate flying'he briefly explained, not commenting on the sprained wrist he had acquired or the fact he had fallen into the lake from quite a height.
He looked up for another branch, strong enough to support his weight. Crouching up, he pulled himself onto a smaller one before stepping onto the stronger one quickly. He looked about for another strong branch big enough, before spotting a nice one near the top, just big enough for two of them. Though he would have to climb a few smaller ones first to get there.

Kiera nodded her head. Many first years had the same type of experience with flying. Kiera had been a natural at it but then again she was comfortable floating through the air, or even falling through the air. Kiera knew she had her share of falls in gymnastics. She smiled at him. "Doesn't sound to terrible. Have you flown since then?" she asked, though she figured he hadn't.

Kiera watched as Alex climbed another branch. Kiera stood herself up, not wanting to fall behind since it had been her idea. She saw the next closest branch was up and over a bit. Kiera shrugged and threw herself off the current branch. For a moment, she was falling through the air. Then, she grabbed the other branch and pulled up on it. Luckly the next branch was in easy distance away. Kiera pulled up on it. "So tell me about your family." she said wondering where Alex came from.

Alex smiled. 'Course. I don't think that professor was going to let me off with just a few scrapes and bruises. I've played a bit of Quidditch too but I'm still pretty crap.'He answered, glancing back to see if he was holding her up. He wasn't so he just continued scrambling up the branches before sitting on the branch he had spotted.
His right eyebrow raised as she asked him about his family. 'My family?'he asked a little surprised at the big change in subject. 'Umm, we're pretty boring I have to say. My dad works as a,'Alex decided he would lie about his family. Who ever said you had to tell the truth about people. It wasn't like they were still here after all. 'barman. He's got his own muggle pub down in Glasgow. Mum's a gardener for the graveyard. And my twin brother is very smart, good mannered and a charmer.'he told her while seeking out another branch. 'And your turn. Tell me about your family,'he replied smiling.

Kiera nodded her head as he told her he played Quidditch but wasnt good. "I like Quidditch. I just picked it up when I started school here. Ive been on the team all six years." she told him with a smile. Kiera climbed swiftly up the rest of the tree and sat on the branch, right beside Alex.

He told her about his family. She thought it was interesting. "You have a twin brother?" she asked amused. Poor parents... she thought to herself. "Is he as much fun as you are?" she wondered outloud. Then he asked about her family. "Well you know Kitty. Then, there is Cameron. You might remember him from the Triwizard Tournament. He was the Durmstrang Champion, but he graduated last term." she said proudly. "My dad is a muggle psychologist." she said smiling. Kiera loved her dad more than anything.

Kiera was tempted not to mention her mother but then decided against it. "My mother..." she said pausing and frowning. "Well she faked her own death to get away from our family. We found out about her when I was finished with my second year. She demands my presence and is generally not a nice person, though she claims she is changing. Katheryn, the kind, good hearted person she is, believes her." Kiera shook her head. It was a bunch of lies. Kiera still couldnt forget the time Jacqueline had used her legimency skills on Kiera.

"She's a death eater. They dont change." Kiera said almost in a whisper.

((occ: since this happens before break, I cant include what happened over break. Kiera found out her mom is dating an auror and is going to be the new transfiguration professor...))

(lol. nice for kiera. :p )

Alex smiled and rolled his eyes at her question before listening to her family. He did actually remember him from the tournament, not that he had actually spoken to him. He frowned slightly as Kiera talked about her mother. He didn't know what to say though.
Alex felt a bit happier now that he found he was one of the luckier ones. He didn't have to worry about his family, nor did his family have to worry about him. Kiera and few others he knew did. He suddenly realised this and felt guilty for even feeling happy about that.
'Any one can change. It depends how strong their will power is'he told her before shutting up. He didn't think this was a good conversation to have. Wanting to cheer up the atmosphere, he nudged her. 'Race you to the top'he challenged before standing up and grabbing the next branch up.

Kiera laughed as Alex rolled his eyes. He obviously did not find the concept of twins as cool as Kiera did. Kiera was thankful Alex was such a good listener. Her roommates and friends liked to ask tons of questions about her feelings. Kiera shrugged. "She would have to want to change. Plus, is the whole Death Eater thing an in it for life type deal?" she asked.

Kiera laughed as Alex jumped up and wanted to race her. "You are on!" she said accepting the challenge gladly. Kiera didnt like to think about her mother. She quickly scampered all the way to the tip top of the tree. The scene looked like something you would have seen in the old muggle movie, Twilight, where there had been a scene with Bella and Edward way up in the trees. She could hardly believe how high up Kiera and Alex were!

Alex thought. 'Not really my question for an opinion'he replied simply. He smiled to himself as he watched Kiera start to scamper up. Remembering he had actually told her he would race her, he shook his head, and scampered after her, a few twigs scratching his face at his bad path. He arrived at the top, balancing next to Kiera. He smiled. 'You win this time'he stated, pretending to be gutted at this fact. He looked at the view, noticing how high they were to the ground. A wave of fear passed through his body again, but he never showed it. He just gripped tighter to the branches he was holding against. 'It's quite cool up here actually. Now if we had a camera that would be one nice view.'he commented, still gazing out.

Kiera grinned seeing that she had beaten Alex. "Yes!" she said jokingly when he said that she won. It didnt matter much to her. She only cared about winning in her gymnastics and in Qudditch. Kiera looked out at the view as Alex wished for a camera. She nodded her head in agreement. "Its so pretty." she said in awe. She forgot she was on a narrow branch as she shifted her feet. She was distracted by Alex and the view and forgot the need to be careful. Kiera tripped off of the branch. She let out a scream as she fell. About ten feet down, she grabbed on to a branch. She hung there a minute before pulling herself back onto the branch. She looked around, embarressed, for Alex.

Alex suddenly heard a crackle of branches and turned seeing Kiera about to slip. He tried to reach out for her but missed and watched helplessly as she fell. He saw her grab onto a branch about 2m down, relief washing through him. He let out a sigh, not realizing he had been holding his breath. 'You ok?'he called down before sliding down not quite fast enough to her. He saw her embarassed face and smiled though he tried to swallow back the laughter. 'You've probably alerted everyone that you have now fallen to your death'he joked with her, before thinking he shouldn't have said that. There was a line bewteen teasing and bullying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back