Window 'Shopping'?

Benson Thacker

OOC First Name
Louise
Benson walked alongside his older brother with his Irish red setter, Vince at his side. His brother was heading off to work and Benson really had nothing better to do than to go for the walk. Benson waved his brother off as he met up with a collegue and then began to wander around Obsidian Harbour. Vince was quite trained so he didn't need a lead although Benson kept one in his jeans pocket just in case. He didn't really know where he was going as he hadn't been in Obsidan Harbour that much. It had only been a couple of weeks since he moved from Ireland, he wasn't exactly missing it but it would help if he knew New Zealand a bit better.

Benson stopped in his tracks when he saw a Quidditch shop across the street. Benson loved Quidditch. He loved to play it, watch it and even read about it. Although he didn't think he'd try out for any house team, he wasn't that confident in his ability. He quickly made his way through the shopping crowd to the window of Quality Quidditch Supplies. And there it was the Scarlet Streak. "If only.." Benson said to his dog while still admiring the shining broomstick. He had read so much about the streaks and there it was right in front of him. Though he could never afford something like that, so for now, admiring it through a window would do him just fine.

Michael liked the idea of Quidditch. It was always a sport that he wanted to play, but his parents never let him get a broom. But he knew all the rules, and he was planning on trying out for his House team in Hogwarts if he thought himself good enough.

Standing outside Quality Quidditch Supplies, Michael noticed a boy with an Irish Setter walk up to the window with the Scarlet Streak in it, looking. He looked like a sound enough guy. A guy I could be friends with, he said to himself. "It's a nice broom, isn't it?" he said to him, hoping to make conversation.

Benson turned his head from the window once he heard a voice, it was a boy who he had not met before. Turning back to the window display, "Its the best in stock." He replied to him absent mindily. "Man I would kill to buy that." He said a laugh. "Its also the most expesive in stock." He added mumbling stubbornly, the only way he could possibly get a broom like that was if he saved for years. He turned back to the boy who looked around his age. "Do you own a broom?" He asked him curiously, as his dog lay under the window ledge. It was beginning to get hotter each day, Benson defenitely wasn't used to it and it seemed neither was Vince.

Michael shrugged. "Nope, parents wouldn't let me," he said, kind of sadly. "Wish I did, though. Maybe when I'm in school a few years." He sighed and glanced down at the other boy's dog. "Is he not used to the heat?" He asked; the warmth would take some getting used to, but it was more welcome than the generally wet weather back home in Ireland.

"Bummer." Benson said simply. He didn't exactly own a broom but his brother did, it may be a bit outdated but it was a broom. A broom that he occaisionally got a go on. When the boy asked if Vince was not used to the heat Benson nodded. "Nope. Me and my family just moved over from Ireland. So big difference of weather." Benson made sure to put emphasize on the 'big'. "To be honest, I don't think I'm used to the weather. I'm just waiting it to rain any second." he laughed, he knew it was dumb because the sky was clear and blue. Not a raincloud in sight.

"Ireland?" Now Michael was getting interested. "Whereabouts? I'm from Cork," he said, a little proudly. His grandparents always told him to be proud of his country, and county. "It may stand to you one day," his Nan always told him, "To be proud of your homeland." He was her only grandson; she expected great things of him.

[Will this be before or after the meeting? Because in either RP they will have to reognize each other :wacko: ]

"No way, your from Ireland too? I'm from Galway." He said fondly. Benson was proud of his homeland and sometimes he even missed the rain but the scenery in New Zealand seemed to be quite similiar to an Irish countryside which was nice. "How long have you been living in New Zealand?" Benson asked curiously.

((We'll say after. ^_^ Even though Ben never told Michael his name.))

Michael shrugged. "I'm not living here," he explained to the boy. "My parents are renting a house nearby until I go to school, and then they're going home." Michael was kinda depressed over that; having to face a new country and school all on his own. But he'd survive. He had to, really.

Looking over at the boy again, Michael recognized him with a jolt. "You were at that meeting thing, weren't you?" he asked.

[Righteo]

Benson almost felt bad for jumping to conclusion. "Oh right." Was all he said, Benson couldn't imagine living in a different country without at least one parent. But maybe the boy was okay with it, Benson wasn't about to ask him about it anytime soon though. As the boy said that he recognized him from the meeting Benson looked up to survey his face one more. The sun was shining down on him so it was hard at first but he soon recognized him, the boy was from the meeting a coule of weeks ago. "Yeah I was." Benson nodded with a small smile across his lips. "Man that was boring." He laughed.

Michael laughed. "It sure was," he smiled, thinking back to that meeting. "And there was only three lads there. Not fun." He had to admit, if they were the only guys in the whole year in a throng of girls, his view of school was going to fall dramatically. Sure, some girls were nice and all, but there was only so much he could take.

Benson nodded, "I know! What was that about?" He hoped that there was a lot more guys in their year than just the three of them, of coarse he got on well with both of the guys but he didn't think he could survive in a school that was full of girls. "There will be more guys right? I mean I won't be able to stand being in a school with a billion girls and only three guys." Maybe he was exaggerating about the 'billion' but that was how he would feel about it, he'd feel like there was a billion girls around him and Benson wasn't so good with the girls. He was an awkward mess with them. "I don't know if I introduced myself or not. I'm Benson." He said as a small smile appeared on his face.

Michael acknowledged Benson's introduction with a nod of his head. "Michael," he said, rubbing the back of his neck in his usual manner. "Hopefully there will be," he said; not all the Unsorteds would have attended that meeting. "I will not enjoy school if we're the only lads." It was unreasonable to think that there would be only three boys in the whole of first year.

Benson made sure to remember Michael's name though he knew it was going to be easy, it was remembering girl's names that worried him. Benson nodded his head while laughing, "It'll be like my vision of hell if we're the only ones." He continued to laugh. Benson honestly did not know how he would deal with all of these girls. He had attended an all boys muggle school and had no sisters. He had never really had much contact with girls. So he really did not understand them. "Anyway. Since we are on the topic of school. What house are you hoping for?" Benson asked him curiously. Benson already knew what he wanted to be in - Gryffindor.

Michael answered Ben' question almost at once. He was so sure of it, but if he ended up in any other House he really wouldn't mind. "Gryffindor," he said, confidently and proudly. "I'm going for Gryffindor definitely." He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck in an off-hand way.

Benson smiled widely as Micheal said that he wanted Gryffindor. If they both got Gryffindor that would be fantastic. "Me too," He said pointing his thumb to his chest. "When my brother first explained the houses and house system of Hogwarts I knew that Gryffindor was the one I wanted straight from the start." He continued. "None of the other houses interested me that much." He shrugged. It wasn't that he was prejudice against any of the houses it was just that he knew he didn't belong in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back