Will Sing For Coins

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
The harbor was misty and Nobody was home for a bit of a break. She was sent out almost first thing when she got back, after all, the family needed vocals to really preform. Ever since Tsura had lost her voice to her illness, Nobody had been forced to take over as the main vocalist, with some of the tribe members playing in the background. The main attraction was actually a Celtic song, called 'The Voice'. It was the first real song that Nobody had learned to read, and then she learned to sing it using the notes she knew. She had been so accomplished and happy when she was awarded with the midnight sun necklace. It had been Tsura's. Whenever she had to preform, she wore it, and now Nobody carried on the tradition. She smiled and waited, adjusting herself. She smiled and looked at the two blond girls who were taking the place of the normal players. She set down an old wicker basket, there were a few coins in there already, publicity and from the last place they went.

Her and her sisters danced and she sang the voice with purpose. A few people stopped for the song, and dropped a few galleons into the basket. At one point, Nobody even grabbed the hand of a woman and her child to dance with them. She loved to dance with strangers, even though in school she was very shy and quiet. She smiled and stopped when the song was over, shaking the hand and thanking anyone who walked by. She caught the eyes of people and smiled some more, doing a few magic tricks with her wand. They amazed the little ones, and the Adults liked that there kids were entertained. Plus, kids were so easy to entertain. She looked over again, she felt like she was being stared at, but, that was normal for her, ever since Kyouhei attacked her. She was always being watched.

After being warned away from Bleak Street Dreama took to the streets of the harbor. She had her violin in her hands because she didn't feel like dancing today even though it was what she was best at. This didn't mean that she didn't put any passion into what she did. It was a Celtic song called the Butterfly. Dreama had learned it and it was the one that she though went best with her personality. Dreama watched as her younger sister danced around her with a hat in front of them. They where also dancing for coins but it seemed like they where being competed with.

Dreama saw the girl with lovly singing voice and smiled. She could tell what clan she was from. Dreama was friendly with almost all Romani people. There was a branch off which they called the 'Dark Gypsy' which none of them talked about but then it wasn't often that one cam across one such as them. Dreama started to play faster her dark hair moving to the rhythm of her tune, sort of inviting there family to join with them in dance.

Grabbing the skirt which was a bit too big for her, Nobody danced over, she wouldn't mind sharing profit with another clan. The Dahlia's were a branch off of the Mousai, which were named after muses of music and dance and such. they did not make good jewelry, and most times did not even preform magic. Nobody, however, was not a normal gypsy, so she did magic regularly. She smiled at the girl with the violin, as a blond, Romali was her name, played the harmony to the song. A younger member of the tribe, with two bongo's, also helped it along as Nobody decided to click the flats of her shoes as she danced. She had heard this somewhere before, probably while traveling through Germany, or something. She smiled at the girl, showing her enjoyment. She felt like a dork, seeing as her last baby tooth finally had fallen out. A front tooth, a canine. Why couldn't it have been one of the back ones? She stopped when the song stopped a bit out of breath, and looked at the girl and her violin. They hadn't spoken yet, but, Nobody did not feel the need to as she heard the small group clapping, and the clink of coins in the hat and basket.

Dreama ended the song with her bow in the air and smiled wide. She waited for a few of the people to go on their way before walking over to the girl. "Well met sister of another clan." She said in the best English she could. Romani may have been her blood but she knew that not all Gypsy people spoke the same language. It had a lot to do with the land that the clan hailed from. "We are of the Petulengro and I am Dreama." She said with a smile and a bow of her head. Dreama could see a few of her sisters walked over and talking to the girl at the bongos. It wouldn't be long before they started chattering cheerily with each other.

Dreama on the other hand wanted to know who the girl who was dancing was. It had taken a bit for the other clans to get here even when the Festival was not too far from happening. Dreama was most excited out of all of her family to see it happen. The girl would also know that the Petulengro where a family of metal worker so it wasn't often that they used magic though it was some of the most powerful.

Nobody was taking small curtsies to the crowd, it seemed cute. Nobody had always been the cute on in the clan, even though she had only been there for just over a year, they had already dubbed her to be most likely to wed and carry on the clan. Since they were all women, it was hard to find love. "It is a pleasure to meet you!" She smiled, her cheeks rising and her freckles nearly glowing in the mist and sun. She touched her necklace from habit. "I'm am of the Musai, a small branch called Dahlia's Clan. I mean, I'm kind of, of them." She said with a slight smile. Runaways really weren't counted as Tribe members. They were not told the stories or secrets, and it was likely that Nobody would never know. But, it didn't bother her as much as when she first go there. She had heard of their clan, and knew they were good for strong magic and the metal works. She smiled a bit more. "I am Nobody." She said with a frown. it was hard to tell people her name, knowing that she really had none. when she turned 18, she could make her own name and sign it officially.

She looked back at her friends, or sisters, Romali seemed to be getting on just fine with the others. there was hardly a moment that Romali wasn't talking or playing an instrument, that was the only thing that Nobody could really remember of her. She was so... different. She was born into the tribe, the last child of the elder before she died. For a while, many people shunned her because they thought she had killed the elder, just like many people shunned Nobody because she was strange. A witch not a Gypsy. Though, there was really no difference.

Dreama looked at Nobody with a tilted head then smiled wide. "Well there are more interesting names out there. One of my sisters is name Nocturna." She said with a kind smile on her face. She didn't mention that Nocturna was in line to be an Elder even though at the moment she was about 21 years old. Dreama shared kind smiles with the people that where still there. She was known as the loving on in their family, the one that would soon become the clan's Mother with the way she took care of everyone or at least tried to. "The Musai! A wonderful clan indeed but tell me why do say that your kind of from them. Romani blood is Romani blood after all." She said with a kind smile on her face.

Dreama didn't think that Nobody was different at all. She seemed to love music and she had magic in her vains she knew this much. She had to know how to sow and sell whatever it took to get money. Nobody had to know what it was like to survive by almost any means necessary. "Come the show is over it seems." She said as her sisters started to pack up to go to the tents.

She also shared her kind smiles with the small Petulengro girl. She looked away and nodded. "Nocturna, was she born at night, or is it just a name that was pulled from the blue?" She asked. She didn't speak like most of her clan, using proper words and respectful tones. But, like she had mentioned, she wasn't really one of them. She shook her head at Dreama. "I'm a runaway, they took me in. I'm not really a Romani." She said. She was actually very ashamed of the fact, and whenever she was reminded of it, whether it be by her or someone else, she looked at her feet. "they really are wonderful, at first, they thought i was from another clan. My sister, Solstice, and two others have accepted me as there own. others have been having problems." She looked back to the girl who had been playing the drums. That was one of the many who hadn't accepted her into their tribe.

She nodded and smiled at her family. "I actually am not staying around here, we are quiet a bit away. In mountains, up in the North Island. We live in tents near the waterfall, though I go back to Germany in a few days." She smiled at the girl, and looked around.

Dreama nodded. "Yes she was born on the moonless night to tell the truth." She said with a bright smile. "They think that the New Moon is what gave my sister the powers she has over the past, present and future." She said thinking back to what her sister had told her. Dreama didn't want to really think about it then all that Nocturna was trying to do was help her. "I see, they will grow used to you. There are many clans that take runaways kindly but there are others that do not." She said.

Dreama nodded knowing where that was. "We are staying not all that far from here. There was a field that was not being used for anything so we took it as our campgrounds. With permission of course." She said with a bow of her head. Dreama, like the rest of her family, only stole when it was absolutely necessary. There where not many times when that happened because there was always another way to get coins. "Is your clan staying for the midsummer festival?" She asked her smile brightening up considerably.

She grinned slightly. "That's odd, and insightful." She smiled a little bit and looked at the cobblestone. It was a beautifully done road, and for some reason that's all she could concentrate her onyx eyes on. "She's the seer?" Nobody smiled a little bit more. "That's amazing, our tribe has yet to obtain a seer, we are hoping to gain one soon, hopefully through birth or training. That's why they sent me to school, I think." She kept the smile on her face.

"Really?"
She asked, she loved meadows. "Are there flowers there?" She loved the colors. It was her second or third favorite place to be. The woods were a tie, but, the waterfall was her favorite. "Well then, I would love to see it someday, and you must come one day to see the waterfall." Nature was Nobody's favorite thing. Storms, grass, and the tweet and music of the birds. "the what?" Nobody was not informed of much, but, that was probably why they were there. "I'm not sure, I'm not allowed in the meetings."

Dreama looked at Nobody with a tilted head. "You go to school? The Petulengro children are all home schooled. Gadje magic is not nearly as strong as Gypsy magic though it is good to know." She said with a kind smile. Yes Dreama was slightly proud when it came to the Romani culture and the ways that she had been taught. "I am sure that you will be a great Seer one day." Dreama said her smile bright.

Dreama nodded then. "Oh yes. The flowers are even used to sell when we have time to spare. There is a meadow near the clearing." She said thinking of the camping space that the caravan had chosen to stay this time. "Then we make a deal. You take me to your camp site and show me the waterfall and I will show you the flowers that are in our meadow." She said with her hand out. "Even the smallest child should know of the Mid Summer Festival. Different Romani clans throw it every year in different places. Since New Zealand is nutural ground we are seeing if this would a good spot to hold it." She said. Dreama was so excited that she could burst.

She smiled and nodded. "i was for a while, but, that was when they were looking for a good school for me." Nobody had been picky, and she knew she couldn't be homeschooled. They originally wanted her to stay, but she said that she would make more money if she had a good schooling degree. Some took it as an insult, but when they consulted the Elder they understood. It was almost a good thing that there was no Seer, because Nobody had darkness in her heart. she had picked Durmstrang for a reason, she didn't want to get pushed around anymore. She told everyone she hated the dark arts, but she didn't. She was good at putting on facades, she always had been. And now, she was putting it on to this girl, as she told her, "I hope that I become a very good seer, because it would be so important to my tribe." it would also be important to the group of deatheaters that she would work for in the future.

She grinned, even though she had some darkness, Nobody still loved flowers. She loved hearing about nature. "When are you free to go?" She asked with a slight smile. She wanted more then anything to share her temporary home, with a friend that she had met. nobody did not consider many people friends, and Dreama was special to her already. she knew that she would be protecting this young girl for a very long time. She shook her head. "No one has spoken to me about it." She said. "i guess it is something the Tribe is not going to include me on." it actually created a small break in nobody's heart to know that no one had told her about something so important. She shrugged it off though, and kept smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back