Will she forgive me?

Njord Aesir

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Njord raced up the steps to the top of the North Tower. The air was cool and crisp and the stars were clear and bright. So many sparkled across the sky it looked like a mess of diamonds on a black velvet cloth. A half moon rose high in the sky and gave just enough light to see a few feet in front of him. He waited patiently for Kailey. Too many times he had to appologise to her and explain his actions to her. He only hoped that she would forgive him one last time. If she didn't he would understand, even though his heart would shatter, he would understand.

Kailey made her way to the north tower as quickly as she could manage but upon reaching her destination found Njord had gotten there first, Though the visibility was low there was no mistaking the figure for anyone else. Set against a background of onyx, the moon and a million stars. "Njord..." she whispered softly, taking a few steps towards him. In that moment, nothing really seemed to matter to Kailey anymore aside from the man infront of her. The man she thought to be dead, causing her so many tears and well over half the night slumped over at the hospital wing enterance. She had originally been conflicted on her feelings about the whole situation, but being up here alone with him. Everything was clear to her now, she knew exactly what she was going to do.

Njord turned and saw Kailey. His heart skipped a beat and he moved slowly closer. His face was a mix of emotions. Joy, apprehension, fear. "Hi," he said "I'm so sorry...you can't imagine how sorry I am." he stepped closer to her and lifted his hand to her face. "Please let me explain, please forgive me..." his eyes meeting hers, his heart now racing at the touch of his skin on hers.

His hand felt warm against her skin and her heart raced even faster as her silvery eyes stared into his blue ones. Her breath caught in her throat and came out shaky. The past few days had been an unbearable emotional roller coaster ride, breaking down at her lowest, her mind heavily clouded with grief and seeing he was alive where the happiness and relief flew over her like tremendous waves and every conflicting thought afterwards, all leading up to this.

She reached out and took his other hand. "Please..." she whispered "Just answer this if you can, Why didn't someone tell me? Even if they had waited until after it had all taken place." she asked her voice weak. "I mean... for days I thought you were..." she trailed off, unable to finish. She wanted nothing more than to pull him to her and melt into his arms. Put all of this behind them, The prank went against her morals but she couldn't lose him again so soon.

Njord stared down into Kailey's face. She was so beautiful and hated hurting her the way he had. "You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you. They wouldn't let me leave my room. And I couldn't get my mom's owl to come. I was stuck..." he knew the excuse was lame but he had no idea how to explain it. "I'm sorry the truth is not exciting but it is the truth." Njord lowered his hands and hung his head before her. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what else to say, or how to explain it."

Kailey nodded slightly as she listened to his explanation. Logically speaking, it made sense for the people to keep him in one place during the whole thing but Kailey didn't see it like that. But it wasn't his fault... Plus hearing that he had wanted to tell her definitely made her feel a bit better. "Just please don't sacre me like that again Njord, I love you." she said before kissing him. It was soft, at their spot under the blanket of moon and stars, Kailey wanted it to last forever.

Njord felt her lips on his and wrapped his arms around her. Hugging her closer to him he melted into her kiss and knew that things would be okay. Pulling away he looked down at her, "I love you too, and I promise, with every ounce of my being, I will never do anything like this again. You are my life, I promise never to hurt you like that again..." he knew he was rambling but his heart was beating so hard he just wanted to make sure she knew how deep his love went.

Kailey looked up at him, "I love you so much... I don't know what I would have done had you actually died... and I don't want to even come close to having to figure that out for a very... very long time." she said before nuzzling her head into his neck and melting into the hug entirely. "You complete me." she said softly, though it was muffled, the words were out now and Kailey stood there still in his embrace, hoping she hadn't said too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back