Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Willow was a Prefect. Unexpected, unwanted, confusing. She wasn't exactly a stickler for the rules. She'd spent time in the Forbidden Forest, though she'd never been caught which would have worked in her favour. However she still didn't think she was ready or willing to accept this responsibility. All those students relying on her to help out? What fun. She wasn't generally in the mood for people as it was, now to have this thrown into her hands, well, wasn't that a kick in the face. This was why she tended to be in place that didn't draw crowds. Empty class rooms, Forbidden Forests, Towers, the Common room in the middle of the day, the lake at night. All these places were basic no-go zones when she was there. She'd been here long enough to chart the patterns of the students, she knew where they did and didn't go during specific times of the day. She supposed that it was this ability that would help her with her patrols in some way. Not that Professor Spenser would even have known of this ability at the time of picking his prefects. Or maybe he would. Willow had long suspected that man of uncouth magics. Not that she could prove anything, and she honestly did adore him, he was a great professor. She just didn't happen to enjoy his classes as some others did, so she tended to either skip them, or simply not go. She hoped she would be able to drop it for this year though, considering how important it all was. She didn't think she could handle having to take History of Magic for her OWLs, let alone her NEWTs

Trudging up the steps to the North Tower, Willow thought that she probably could thank this rather large castle with its multitude of steps, for keep her fit and in shape. She ate what she liked generally, so being able to exercise was important. She got the best exercise simply from walking to classes all the time. It was a great workout. She loved the buzz she would get. As she reached the top of the steps, she noticed that it wasn't as deserted up her as she had been hoping. A body currently occupied the alcove across the way and she tilted her head to see if she could make out who it was. They were reading, or something, from what she could tell. Who read a book in a tower? Wasn't that what the library was for? Still, why not go and disturb them. Smiling to herself, Willow softly made her way closer until she was near enough to actually make out the girl's face. It was the girl from the duel! What was her name? Rhianna? Rhiannon? Something like that. Willow smiled and leaned against the wall just in front of her. "Well would you look at that. It's the cutie from the duel." She winked at her. "Interesting reading?"

Rhiannon had been back at the castle a couple of days. classes hadn't stared quite yet but there was still a lot to do. she had organised with her muggle school that from now on she would be studying half time, taking a year to complete eac semesters work then the last semester of hogwarts she would do no muggle schooling before returning to muggle school for the last six months. It wasn't ideal, not at all, but at least this way she would hopefully be able to keep up with everything and have some semblance of a life. It was a good job really as the shiny yellow badge on her robes now indicated she had more duties. she was now hufflepuffs new prefect. Right now she had made her way to the north tower for some peace and quiet a book in her hands and a bluebell flame in a jar to keep her warm as it was a cold winters day otherwise she would have been out in the garden. She was sitting in one of the alcoves on a windowsill bench. it was actually really relaxing reading and then (when she felt like it looking out over the grey lake and mountains and sky.
Soon she was halfway through a chapter, the great gatsby wasn't really her choice of read but she must say she was enjoying it. and she needed to get it read for english. just then she heard a voice talking and as she hadn't been aware of anyone else in the room she looked up. She saw a ravenclaw girl she had had classes with and who had been one of the competitors in the duelling competition last year. she smiled. had she heard right? she was fairly sure she had heard the girl say the cutie from the duel, but no that couldn't have been it. "Hey Willow. it is better than expected" she said moving her legs off the seat so willow would have a space to sit. "How was your holiday?" she asked actually quite glad of a little company, she had been so busy last semester she had hardly spoken to anyone. and over the break only her family as her muggle friends had sort of grown up without her and the number of secrets she had to keep was just too hard really to catch ip with them for anyhting more than a 'how are you"'.

Willow smiled at Rhiannon and moved to sit where she had moved her legs. Willow hadn't really spent much time with the Hufflepuff, truth be told, but now that they were fifth years and prefects, she figured they would be working more closely together. Willow wouldn't mind though. What she had said was true. Rhiannon was cute, she was sweet too, if a little oblivious. Willow tucked her legs underneath her and looked at Rhiannon. "My holiday was okay. I didn't really do much. I spent some time with my sister and her husband over the break... that was pretty horrifying. I don't think he realises I don't like him so he keeps inviting me over to spend time with Hazel and stuff. You remember Samual Kaster right? He was head boy in our...first or second year i think it was. Yeah. So he's related to me now because he and Hazel got married September last year, which you can imagine annoyed me, because it meant that I couldn't attend my own sisters wedding. But he just had to insist on having a September wedding and my sister the doting wife that she is, obliged him." She school her head. She hadn't meant to dump all of that on Rhiannon, it had sort of just slipped out. "Never mind though, it hardly matters now. Congrats on getting Prefect by the way. I'm certainly not surprised." She grinned and nodded to the badge on the other girls chest, before pointing to her own. "Maybe they will let us patrol together? That would be fun!" If she was going to have to patrol with someone, she would definitely much rather it be someone she liked, let alone someone she knew.

She nodded at the book in Rhiannon's hands. "Is that a muggle book?" Willow didn't tend to have a lot of time for muggles in a general setting, but she did sometimes find them to be interesting research. Willow would go above and beyond to research anything she was studying. She loved work and she loved working to figure things out. Willow didn't really know what she wanted to be when she graduated. She had a couple of ideas, but she wasn't really sure. She thought maybe she would a researcher for a while, but it would probably get boring after a while. Maybe she would like to be an actor. Though could be potentially fun. She could meet all sorts of people and everything. "How was your holiday? You're a muggleborn aren't you? So you spend a lot of time with muggles? What's that like?"

Rhiannon hadn't quite expected such a detailed response to flow from willows mouth in reply to her question. she smiled as willow described the fact that her sisters husband was not osmeone she liked and how he had been head boy a few years ago. "yes i remember him, gryffindor with curly hair" she said not that she remembered much more about him but she could at least put a face to the name. "it sounds like an interesting break, didn't you go back to see your parents? couldnt your sister come and visit you there?" she asked curious as to why she had spent time wt her sisters place where she imagained that she was a bit of a third wheel, "It sucks that is was a september wedding and you missed it, i don't thin i have ever been to a wedding" she said thinking back, "Actually no i went to one when i was about four, but i dont think that counts.
when she was congratulated on becoming a prefect she smiled again. "thank you. Congratulations yourself." she said. 'It would be great if we were rostered together, it would be far better patrolling with a friend than someone i dont like." she said, not saying any names, but thinking Victoria Chase, the girl who always seemed to have a way at grinding her gears.
she was about to put the book down on a piece of space to the side of her when Willow gestured to it asking if it was a muggle book. she nodded. "yeah, Great Gatsby, it is a classic" she sad. "Set in new york in the 1920's and full of roaring parties and love affairs." she said.
when asked about her heritige she nodded, "my holiday was very relaxing, after burning out last semester trying to balance two coriculums, and a heap of clubs my parents banned be from doing any study, and i was just free to relax. it was great, though i managed to convince my brother to take me to hobart planetarium, and he was rather surprised by how much i have learned about the stars. she said. it was funny, he had always been the one interested in the strs, the one who got a telescope for christmas, now she was the one who was learning more about them. "yes i am a muggle born, most of my holiday is spent with muggles. and well, i don;t really know what it is like living in an alternative to be honest, so i guess it is normal." she said. trying to answer Willows questions in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back