Gwen Owens-Lee

former gryffindor | conquering the world

OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Wand
Curved 15 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Gwen was more than ready to take on what Hogwarts had to offer. The new first year had her spirits high and was excited for all of the adventures ahead. After all, she was the first in her family, other than her adopted cousins, to go to Hogwarts New Zealand and wondered how different it would be to Hogwarts Scotland where her brother went. The two schools definitely had a lot in common so far from what Gwen saw and hoped that Hogwarts New Zealand would be able to offer her whatever she wanted. Better yet, she was sorted into the house of the brave and this made her even more confident about how she would do as she headed out of the great hall after eating such a delicious meal and set off to find something to do.

As she walked, Gwen found herself heading towards the grounds. It was definitely good weather to be outside and there was just so much to explore she didn't know where to start. Instead, she just let her feet take her to wherever she'd go and quickly came across a cliff. The girl stopped herself before she walked any further and smirked at the fact that there was a cliff at Hogwarts that anyone could just jump down whenever they felt like it. It really did not seem safe and she made a mental note to ask her brother if there was something similar at his school. Gwen sat herself down in front of a tree and began picking at the grass, wondering what on earth the cliff was even doing there and what might be at the bottom of it. Was she even supposed to be there? Shrugging, Gwen then spread herself out on the grass, looking up at the sky above her. There weren't many clouds in the sky but Gwen observed the wisps of clouds above her nonetheless, wondering why there was a cliff at Hogwarts.

While the castle was certainly big and old and well, a castle, Diana wasn't all that impressed with it after her first night inside. For one, she was clearly in the best house but they had to sleep down below in what was basically the basement. She knew both her sisters slept in towers which felt much more fairy tale like and appropriate for a castle. Why couldn't they have made four house towers? Wouldn't that make more sense? It was also dark inside and quite big. Diana had no idea how she was going to find anything without getting lost for an hour first, but she knew she wouldn't ask for help.

Instead of spending any more time wandering through the many corridors of Hogwarts, Diana decided to look at the grounds and what they had to offer. It was mostly a lot of grass, and a lake. She knew the forest was forbidden and while she didn't always feel like the rules applied to her, she genuinely had no desire to enter the creepy dark woods. After aimlessly wandering around for a little while, she came across what looked like a cliff. A frown appeared on her face. Why would that be at a school? They could have at least fenced it off. It wasn't until she was nearly stepping on her that she noticed the girl, and it made her jump. Embarrassed by this, she turned to the girl in anger. "Excuse me, are you trying to make people trip and fall off?" she snapped, "or are you just too stupid to see there's a giant cliff there?"

Gwen didn't mind the absence of clouds in the clear blue sky. It meant that it wasn't going to rain any time soon and the girl smiled to herself as she continued to look up at it. Yet, the question of why the cliff was there was still in the back of her mind. Maybe she had somehow found herself at the end of the map? Maybe this placed was produced by magic and she wasn't actually supposed to know about this place at all? It made Gwen happy that she had come across such a place. It was peaceful and not many people seemed to know about it which made it a good refuge for whenever she felt like being alone.

As Gwen heard the sound of a voice, she looked up to find a girl that was about her age, clearly agitated with what Gwen was doing. Gwen didn't like it when people thought everything was about them and she shot the girl a dirty look. "Yeah, sorry! I must not have tried hard enough to get you to fall off!" Gwen told her sarcastically. "Want me to try again?" The Gryffindor rolled her eyes at the girl, definitely not in the mood to deal with someone so fussy and vain.

Once Diana started being mean to someone, it was almost impossible for her to stop. She had shown her anger and would feel weak if she backed down now. Besides, this stupid girl clearly was either trying to scare people or she was completely stupid. Diana put her hands on her hips and snorted in disgust. "As if you could." She said in disdain. "Perhaps I should show you how its done, though I'm not stupid enough to be dangerous near the edge of a cliff unlike someone."She sneered, looking at the girl's robes. "I suppose all the stupid people are in Gryffindor." She said flippantly, though a part of her felt bad because her sister was in that house. At the same time, Rose often did a lot of silly things. "So glad I don't have to put up with people like you in Slytherin."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back