Why Does It Have To Be You

Zephryn Spencer

Athletic, Anger Issues, Twin, Competitive

OOC First Name
Sam
(@Louis Alcott)
Zee had just finished her first prefects meeting. It had gone well boring. She was not sure what exactly her responsibilities would be, other than her newly acquired ability to take house points away from students. That could be fun. Even if it wasn't, at least she had done something better than her know-it-all sister. The anger Kita felt towards Zee right now only made Zephryn enjoy the position she was given even more. Yet it still was a lot. Even more so when she saw who else had been made prefect this year. Couldn't she ever get away from that annoying boy? Wasn't it bad enough that he was on her Quidditch team and never passed the Quaffle? Apparently not. Yet Zee was not going to let that get her. Easier said than done though.

The Gryffindor girl was wandering down the second floor corridor after the meeting. She thought maybe she would head back to the common room to grab her broom. A little flying always helped keep her emotions in check, well most the time. She was thinking to herself about how the Gryffindor team was going to have to work harder than ever this year when she absentmindedly bumped into another student. Could she take housepoints for that? She looked up to give the student a stern talking too when she noticed right away who she had bumped into, Louis. This boy was definitely following her, that had to be why she always seem to spend way more time near him than she ever wanted. "Of course, it's you" She said rolling her eyes.

The prefects meeting had been surprising in how... dull it had been. The head boy and girl both gave a little speech but hadn't exactly explained much. He had been paired with a seventh year patrol partner, the infamous Slytherin girl who no one thought should even be a prefect. Louis figured she wouldn't be boring to be around. He left the prefects common room and wandered around a bit, not entirely feeling like going back to the common room. He wondered idly if curfew still applied to him, surely not. He wasn't paying attention when someone bumped into him. Louis looked up, surprised, then scowled at the sight of Zephryn. She was so annoying and Louis had been disappointed to see she was the other prefect. "What? You bumped into me." He said, crossing his arms. "Maybe you did it on purpose."

Zee could feel her annoyance growing with each word this boy spoke. Why had it been him? She could have bumped into anyone, even her kiss-up sister Kita, and would have been happier. But no, it seemed they always had to spend time together. Like prefect duties and Quidditch wasn't enough. Zephryn definitely should not have stayed. She should walk away while her anger bubbled up inside her, but she wasn't normally that great at controlling such things. She would not let him have the last word. She couldn't.

"If I did it on purpose, you'd be on the ground by now" She said. Although she tried to make it a sarcastic remark, it was the truth. She wouldn't just bump into Louis. "I swear you are the one that is following me. Don't I see you enough as it is?" She added defensively. In her mind, she did know it was her fault. But she would never let that show. Her older sister would say that this was the moment in her story that she met a true friend, someone to help her on her quest. Which was completely why Zee never believed any of that storybook crap.

Louis rolled his eyes as Zephryn said he would be on the ground if she did it on purpose. As if, she couldn't knock him down if she tried. "I mean to get my attention, obviously." He said with a shrug, forcing a cocky grin. If she was going to be annoying, he would get on her nerves too. He knew she probably didn't actually want to talk to him, her annoyance seemed real enough, but Louis figured it would be funny to pretend he thought so. He was sure it would get a rise out of her. "I'm not following you, I was just at the same meeting, genius." He said with a roll of his eyes.

Zee felt like her eyes were going to roll out of her head when Louis mentioned that she was just trying to get his attention. As if! That was certainly the last thing she wanted to do, or at least right now that is what it felt like. She had very few people that annoyed her as much as this boy. She had talked to Sutton about it, but the older Ravenclaw girl just smiled like it was amusing that someone could actually get under Zee's skin like that. It wasn't common, that was for sure. Zee hated the boy's smile, it was too confident. Zee was the confident one here. Yet she could not find the right reply. That was a first. Lamely, she replied "As if" wishing she could come up with some better material to prove her point. Why would she ever want his attention?

Luckily, the conversation moved to the meeting. That was at least something Zee could think of words to say. Louis was so snarky, adding the word genius at the end of his statement. Zee would not admit that she found a match to her own sarcasm. "Well you could have gone the other way" She said. Still sounded so lame. She tried to feed on the anger within when she came in contact with Louis, when he refused to pass the quaffle in quidditch, when he smiled like he was. "I'm even surprised that they gave you prefect in the first place. Guess there weren't many options to choose from" she added, a bit of anger in her voice.

Louis gave Zephryn a knowing smirk when she couldn't come up with a better answer than 'what if', she totally thought he was cute even if she hated his guts. He raised his eyebrows at her response. "We're also in the same house." He added as if it was obvious. He crossed his arms. "I'm a perfectly fine option for prefect." He snapped, annoyed at her assessment. It didn't matter that he had been surprised as well, and that he hadn't expected it. It still felt insulting to hear it from someone like her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back