OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
What the hell are you doing down here Kat the sixth year Gryffindor thought to herself as she wandered down the spiral staircase and hit the landing. Looking from her left to her right down the cold dark corridor she shuddered, wishing that she'd put a coat on over what she was already wearing. She knew why she was down here, but it was so stupid on her part especially since curfew was in less then five minutes and she wasn't on rounds tonight. Kat was hoping she'd run into him though she didn't know why...maybe wishful thinking, hoping that he'd changed his mind.

"Oh this is so not healthy. You'd do better to go back to starving yourself you cow...that was a hell of a lot healthier than what you're doing right now," she muttered to herself, still not believing that she was down here at this time of night. She hated this part of the castle worse than anything and here she was, at night of all times. Walking close to the wall Kat made sure her hand was in contact with the cold stone at all times until she stopped at the door of the duelling chamber. If I go in there and start blowing poop up again I'm going to get into so much trouble...is it really worth it? She knew the answer to that...no. Kat was up for Head Girl and doing something that stupid would ruin any chance she had for sure.

Alyssa hummed to herself softly as she walked her way through the dungeons and towards her common room. She knew it was a little late to be roaming around the school, curfew was really close and she knew she would probably get yelled at if she didn't hurry it up, but she had to head all the way back to the Charms classroom to get that damned book that she would need to study for exams. Once she had retrieved her book she decided that there was no need for her to hurry, and instead took her merry time walking back to the Slytherin Common room. Alyssa found no need to get all sweaty, she would clearly explain to anyone that stopped her that she was merely getting her stupid book back. 'Hey....I think I hear someone!' Alyssa stopped for a moment as she tried to listen once she was near the dueling chamber. Chances for her was that it was one of those rotten younger year kids that just loved to cause trouble for everyone, guess Alyssa was just going to have to check it out to make sure it wasn't anything too serious. Alyssa ran her hands over her Outfit to make sure her hands weren't sweaty before she went around to see whoever it was.

"Hey-EEP!" She squeaked when she turned the corner to see who it was, that girl was definitely no younger year student and definitely not a Slytherin. Katalina was her name, or at least thats what she remembered hearing the girls name as. Alyssa had seen her around a few times, but had never really spoken with her or had the chance to get to know her at all, such a pity...the girl looked really interesting to talk to...and watch during Quidditch matches. "Sorry, you sort of scared me...um were talking to yourself or was someone else down here?" Alyssa stood to her full 5'9" height and let her crystal blue eyes look at the girl nervously, hopefully she wouldn't get in trouble for being down here and getting caught by someone she barely knew, plus it was unknown to her if someone else was lurking around down here too.

Coming out of the common room was none other than the albino Hadan. Her red eyes were dark like rubies, and her Slytherin robes waved around her slender form. Hadan was happier than she has ever been in her sixteen years of living. She had the boy of a century, and she wasn't alone in her family. Hadan thought that this year was just looking up for her. Walking through the dungeons, Hadan heard a squeak from a friend, Alyssa. It was hard not to miss that squeak. Hadan slowly followed the voices and from the way she was coming, it was from the opposite direction of Katalina.

Now that the two girls were in Hadan's eyesight. Rather than yelling and screaming at the Gryffindor to get out of the Slytherin territories, Hadan approached them with a subtle smile, and a sparkle to Hadan's eyes. It seemed like her boyfriend had changed her in more ways than one. It was a blessing really. Hadan made herself known with her gentle voice, "You two aren't about to duel, are you?" Hadan never thought that Alyssa was the dueling type, but this older girl seemed capable of it easily. Hadan put her hands behind the nape of her back, and she stared at the two in a non-threatening manner.

Kat was just about to turn and head back upstairs when she heard a squeal causing her to jump. Turning she saw a blonde girl who she believed to be younger than her though she probably stood a good four or five inches over Kat. "So I guess we scared each other then. Sorry...didn't mean to startle you," she started and then hesitantly answered the girls second question, "I was, urm, well I was talking to myself." Kat pinched the bridge of her nose thinking about how incredibly ridiculous that sounded. "I'm not crazy though...well not typical crazy anyways. I suppose at times we're all a bit crazy, but well I guess you probably have those times too. And I'm rambling so I'm just going to shut the hell up now." Shaking her head she was just about to dismiss herself when another girl walked up to the two of them. "Um, I wasn't...were you," she asked the blonde girl.

Alyssa frowned slightly when she heard that she had managed to scare the older girl just as much as the older girl scared her. She shifted her weight onto her other leg slightly and turned her head when she heard another voice, it had surprised that one of her friends Hadan was also wandering around in the dungeons at this time of night. "Hello Hadan!" Alyssa said lightly, it had been awhile awhile since they had spoken to one another, she wondered if anything interesting had happened to her over vacation or during the school year that would be of any interest to her.

"Teehee, it's okay I ramble sometimes too. And I suppose everyone talks to themselves at times." Alyssa giggled softly and winked at the girl, even if they have never spoken before Alyssa could already say that she didn't mind this girl at all. Many Slytherins seemed weary of Gryffindors, especially the older ones which didn't make any sense to Alyssa, she had qualities of a Slytherin but she also knew that it wasn't fair to judge by house. "No. I'm more of a pacifist anyways. What are you doing down here?" Alyssa usually chose not to fight with someone unless she had a reason to, plus she didn't like to get all scuffed up or watch the hours she had taken to get ready get ruined because of some dumb old fight she got into. Her crystal blue eyes locked onto Hadan's form for a moment before they shifted back to the Kat girl, why was she down here and talking herself, Alyssa didn't want to be nosy but she was beyond curious now. "Oh, silly I forget to mention myself, I'm Alyssa Snow." She gracefully brought her hand up to wave since she felt that it was far too formal to shake hands at the moment, due to her Veela blood even her simple wave felt elegant and all done up.

Hadan was no dueler. Sure, her magic was decent, and so were her fighting skills were decent as well, but she was just not into that sort of thing anymore. Hadan didn't know the Gryffindor, so it was possible that she was looking for a duel, and came across Alyssa? Hadan smiled at Alyssa, "Hi there, Alyssa." Hadan only smiled and suppressed soft laughter while they rambled or mentioned rambling. Hadan tried to think of a time when she was rambling. Even with Raffael, she managed to say low on words. He just took her breath away, so maybe that was why she never rambled. "I am now a pacifist, somewhat. Well, if you two were going to duel, I wouldn't mind watching. But anyways, I just came out of the common room to get some blood pumping through my legs." Hadan glanced down at her legs, noticing that they were the longest part of her body. Hadan moved her hair behind her shoulders, and she introduced herself, outstretching a slender and elegant hand toward the Gryffindor, "I'm Hadan Johnson; I am afraid we have not met."

Kat's expression became a bit sheepish when the younger blonde girl, Alyssa, asked her what she was doing down here. "Let's just say I'm a little bit of a masochist...apparently pain suits me just well," she said in a semi-joking manner, knowing that neither of the two girls would have the slightest clue as to what she was talking about. "Pacifists eh? I used to be...things change...people change," Kat murmured without thinking.

She first shook Alyssa's hand and then Hadan's before saying, "Katalina Vanderhol, but I think pretty much everyone calls me Kat. It's a pleasure to meet you both." She looked back and forth between the two girls and then to her watch...it was three minutes past curfew. Mockingly she clicked her tongue and said, "You two girls are out after curfew. Cheeky little Slytherins I see." Of course she wasn't going to turn them in...that would just be plain stupid. "Only kidding of course. A little rule breaking every now and then never hurt anyone and breaking curfew really isn't that huge of a deal...wouldn't you say?"

[lame >_< sorry]

Alyssa blinked, it seemed that she had over judged Katalina to be a completely different person than she really was, this girl wasn't so bad actually. Alyssa figured she could get used to making friends with people from random houses, they all brought vivid personalities into her head. "Ha. I hope I don't become more violent, I can't fight to save my life actually." She sighed softly and looked away. Her skills with magic were pretty good, she could handle herself alright as long as she had her wand, but when it came to physical or violent duels she never was able to keep up. This was one of the sad facts about being known as the Barbie doll of Hogwarts, she was too girly and preppy too be into anything that could wreck her.

"Nice to meet you Kat, and like oh my god...your so cool for not bashing on us for this!" She smirked and almost turned red at how awkward her French accent sounded when she went into another one of her vally girl modes. But never before had she met a Gryffindor that went so easy on a Slytherin before, usually they took the chance to bash them down and bash them down quick. "Most Gryffindors would love to tattle on two Slytherins for this." She shrugged her shoulders, then again all the ones she had met were sort of jerky so it was expected. Those two houses just did not blend together well for some reason.

Hadan sighed, “People honestly do change.” She knew this from experience. She had changed so much over the years. At least Hadan was a better person. Hadan folded her hands behind her back once more, and she laughed softly at Alyssa’s comment, “Perhaps I can teach you sometime. I can fight, just prefer not to.” Hadan nodded at Kat which was the same thing as saying that it was a pleasure to meet her too. Hadan just could not picture Alyssa fighting though. It would seem, well, just not her. Hadan was amused by this picture in her head, but it was interrupted by Kat’s saying that they were out past curfew. Hadan didn’t check the time before she left, so she didn’t know. “Oh…well, I am rarely out after curfew, but thanks for not tattling.” Hadan added, “I guess it really isn’t a big deal…” Hadan was still a little confused on the Gryffindor and Slytherin thing. Usually, she hated them. But perhaps Raffael and maybe this girl can change her ways?

"Let's just say that I have a soft spot in my heart for Slytherins," Kat said, grimacing slightly as she did, desperately wishing that she felt nothing for any Slytherin at all...life would be less painful that way. She ripped herself from that train of thought, refusing to break down in front of the two younger girls she'd only just met. Looking at the two of them she asked, "So what year are the two of you in anyways?"

The grimace the older Gryffindor did as she spoke about having a soft spot for Slytherins didn't go unnoticed by Alyssa at all, in fact if caused her to become slightly curious and nosy about why she had this so called soft spot. "Sounds like a touchy subject to you for some reason." She answered softly and quickly, knowing that this must either have something to do with a boy or a best friend being in the house, it would be rare for them to like someone from that house otherwise. Slytherins commonly made enemies with everyone just for the simple fact that their cunning nature's and desire to be the best often put them in a bad light in some people's eyes.

"Haha fourth, and you?" Alyssa felt so young now when just the other day she felt so much older than most of the students hanging around, she supposed that even next year she would always feel younger compared to some and older than some, she knew she had height down for the majority of girls already though. It was just age that seemed to throw her off and make her feel slightly uncomfortable around others.

With Kat’s statement said out loud, Hadan murmured softly, “As I do for anyone new nowadays.” Whether or not they were on the same line of thought, Hadan didn’t know. But the grimace made Hadan a bit saddened, but it was not in her place to ask why. No one should spill their personal secrets out to two strangers. That would be absurd. “Fourth.” Should be fifth, but Hadan won’t spill out why she was like that. Hadan ran her fingers through her hair, and she felt the need for icecream. Just a random craving for icecream. Hadan glanced around the dungeons, and she realized one thing, perhaps there was a friendship in waiting for this Gryffindor girl, especially if she didn’t prejudge Slytherins. Hadan had befriended Alyssa and ever since, this girl had become a close person to the careful, albino snake.

"It is touchy," Kat said simply, not giving any other information on the subject knowing that she'd most likely break down. "Sixth. One more year and this place will be nothing more than a distant memory for me," she started and then added, "Are you two ready for next year? OWLs come up on you much faster than you will even realize. Given any thought as to what careers you're interested in?"

Alyssa's crystal blue eyes softened slightly as she looked at Kat sadly, often when she looked sad people described them as looking the eyes of a sad puppy and such, it was weird but highly amusing to her all at the same time. "Sorry about being nosy, you just looked so sad." She said softly, her French accent making her voice sound even more meek and quiet than she had intended it to be. Alyssa really needed to learn how to mind her own business but she couldn't help but be curious at times because she was pretty much born to be curious about everything.

"You sound so ready to be out of here. Haha OWLS, psh I probably won't be ready until the week we have to take them." No matter how much she studied it took her awhile to always get the information she needed engraved into her mind, as for the graduation thing...Alyssa felt like being a seventh year was so far away, even when she knew it wasn't.

"It's okay...it's just a bit of a, I don't know a sore spot. Time heals all things I suppose," she said, not believing a word of the latter part of her statement. Kat had become so pessimistic over the course of the last year, but then again ts not like anyone would fault her for that.

Not meeting either of their gazes she looked tucked her hands in her pocket saying, "Not so much that I'm ready to be out of here, more so just that I don't really have much to hold onto in this place anymore. I used to have so much and this year I've lost a great deal of it." Kat had no clue why she was opening up to two complete strangers...maybe it was because they didn't really know her well enough to judge her, or maybe she had just needed to vent to a fresher set of ears.

Hadan softly glared at Alyssa, and she raised an eyebrow, "Nosy, huh. Sorry about the sore spot though. In time, things will mend." Hadan gave Kat a soft smile, as if she understood, but really Hadan did not understand what Kat was going through. Her heart was never broken. Hadan had given her heart to someone, and that someone has not done anything to betray her trust. Just thinking about the OWLs made Hadan a little uncomfortable. "Um, Raffael told me about the OWLs, and I am a little more than worried about the OWLs. I don't know if you need many Outstandings to be an author." Hadan decided to lean again the stone wall, feeling the coldness seep into her arm. "If you don't mind me asking, Kat, what all have you lost this year?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back