OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera was pleased that the weather was finally starting to turn warmer. Since she had gone home over break, she managed to miss the worst of the cold weather. It was early spring now so it was still a little chilly. Kiera had on a suitable outfit for the weather outside today. It was slightly dressed up but it was comfortable all the same. She made her way down to the Cliffs.

Technically the Cliffs were off limits but she figured that the Head Girl wouldn't get in trouble. She wanted to take advantage of her day off and attempt some nonverbal spells. She had mastered the easy ones like accio and lumos. She wanted to try something a bit harder. Kiera pulled out her wand. She began practicing the shield charm, Protego.

Nina felt more comfortable being back in New Zealand than California as she had during the break, because it was easier to contact Zachary from Hogwarts and she had her friends and she wasn't constantly fearing that Arie would find out that she was a witch. In light of her happy mood she, dressed quite casually, left her dorm room and went onto the grounds, not certain where she was going but she did know it wasn't the Forbidden Forest. Nina hadn't gone since Noah graduated and she didn't plan on going either, because it was their place, well it seemed like it was, Nina was too emotional for her own good.

Soon she found herself by the edge of the Cliffs, very carefully watching her footsteps and her surroundings then saw Kiera Kingsley. She pressed her lips together thoughtfully, wondering if she should go speak to her, but before she knew it she had approached the girl nervously and saying, "Err, hey Kiera. How is it going?" She was being friendly and personable for the sake of her best friends, but also because she did want to end her school year on a positive note.

Kiera turned sharply as she heard a voice behind her. She had been concentrating so hard on her spellwork that she did not hear anyone approach her. The voice had given her quite a scare. Kiera turned her head to see who it was that spoke to her. It was Nina. Kiera was unsure of what was exactly going on between them. Kiera had made an effort over the summer to be nice to Nina for the sake of Alex and Arielle. Ever since the return to school, the mood had stuck.

Kiera offered Nina a friendly smile. "Hey Nina." she said in a tone free of animosity. "I was just trying out some nonverbal spells." she explained to the Hufflepuff. "How are you doing?" she asked in a cordial tone.

As Kiera said that she was working on nonverbal spells, Nina made a mental note to practice them because she had tried a lot over the summer but hadn't been successful at all. It was frustrating, because her mind wandered and she couldn't focus on one thing long enough. "I'm alright. Getting ready for NEWTs, like I have since I learned what they were," she chuckled gently, knowing that Alex would understand the joke but she was sure that Kiera wouldn't because well they didn't know each other well, unless Cullen told her about her, which she doubted but the thought was a sweet one, considering how close the pair had been at Hoggies and before Haden died.

"Well, best be off, don't want to bug you," Nina stated, then began walking off in the same slow pace she had walked earlier.

Kiera was confused as Nina laughed. There was some joke there that she was missing. Kiera didn't think there was anything funny about the NEWTs. Kiera was quite worried herself, though she would never admit it willingly. Kiera frowned as the other girl turned to walk off. Kiera hesitated before calling after the girl. She didn't know why she was doing this. Was she a glutton for punishment.

"You don't have to go." she said. "You weren't bugging me." she said. How weird those words sounded! Nina wasn't bugging her! It was amazing.

Nina looked back at Kiera, her thin, shaped eyebrows arching when she said that she wasn't bugging her. "Err, okay," she said, taken by surprise as she walked back to the girl. "Kiera, I was wondering, do you think we could just start over, the animosity we had towards each other was pointless and if we are acting for Cullen and Arie we might as well actually mean what we say. I don't know about you but I'd like to end my school life positively, with no one hating me, if I can," she blurted out, her cheeks becoming red with embarrassment.

Kiera watched as Nina turned and made her way back to Kiera. As Nina spoke, Kiera's eyes widened slightly. The girl was actually offering some sort of truce. Kiera had never wanted anyone to dislike her. It just wasn't in her character to hate someone so much. So Nina wanted to start over? Kiera nodded her head. "I don't want to do anything else to hurt Alex and well, you are his friend so I can't exactly go on hating you can I?" she said with a small smile on her face. "Yes, I would like very much to start over." she said, meaning what she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back