Who else can be here?

Alliyah Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
It was 9:30 AM that windy morning. Children were occupying the park and they were very hyper. Some of them were chasing each other and running around happily. Ally smiled when a girl and a boy were chasing each other and passed her. She missed doing this with Artemis. But now, Arty decided to stay in Hogwarts for the holidays. Ally didn't know why Artemis rejected the offer that their parents gave her to stay home. It was a sad thought. Alliyah once admitted to herself that she sometimes was annoying to her because of her endless questions. She smiled sadly and held her camera safely to set off to find and bench to sit.

It took her exactly 3 minutes to find a bench which was empty and clean. She sat and stared at the kids. She missed being a 5 year old when people would usually adore you. She took some pictures of the plants and people walking and playing. The witch enjoyed the weather since it was windy. The witches and wizards who walked past her were relaxed and cool. Everything was just fine and going according to plan which was to relax and probably watch the children. Even though Alliyah was already 10 years old, she was matured for her age. Just like her sister.

The atmosphere was getting pretty boring for her. She was sitting there for almost 30 minutes taking pictures of random things. Most of it was the flower in different angles. She was definitely bored at this moment, she she sat back and observed the people with calm eyes and a bored expression on her face, hoping that someone her age or probably a year older than her would come. If this would happen, she would introduce herself to get to know him or her. They could probably be friends if the person was attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy, here in NZ. In the next sorting activity, Alliyah will enter the entrance of the Great Hall for the first time.

These holidays turned to be quite different for Minoas Stratis. Different and peculiar as he was spending time with his family but at the same time he was alone. Due to family matters, his parents and siblings had to leave now and then by apparating or using the Floo Network. His short break from Hogwarts school included few days away from it with his family. Not exactly away as his parents decided to actually visit him in Brightstone Village and stay there for a couple of weeks. The truth was that Minoas preffered to return back to their new home at Rangibo desert but at the same time he didn't really had enough time to explore the village when he last visited it for his school supplies.

However, things weren't going well for his family. As they were on the run, they had to keep a low profile. They weren't particularly in danger in New Zealand but better safe than sorry. As he was walking down a crowded street, he was squeezing in his palm a piece of parchment, a note left from his father. He founded it next to him when he woke up and it was saying that they had to leave for a few hours. He could understand that his mother had to take care the twins that were looking sick last night during their family dinner but why his father had to work during holidays? Frowned he tossed the crumpled piece of parchment in a recycle bin and put his hands in his pockets, hoping that their promise for a family lunch was still valid. Staying alone in an inn's room was a waste of time for Minoas so the young Griffindor decided to have a lonely walk early in the morning and explore more places of this village.

He preffered a crowded place so he decided to visit a nearby park. It was only 9:30 in the morning but still children were enjoying themselves under the surveillance of their parents. He wasn't sure whether all those people where magical although Brightstone was an all magical village. He was dressed casually, muggle like with his wand hidden in his jeans' pocket. He wasn't supposed to use magic outside school but still he felt more confident with it in his pocket.

Slowly walking through the park, he watched carefree children playing restless. Wait a few more years and that smile will fade when you'll have to go down those dungeons for potions once in a week. he thought envious as two children were chasing each other, laughing and enjoying their freedom. He left a sigh and a sort of grimace when he realised that there was no empty benches for him to sit down. He looked around, hoping to find something but he found no luck. He was ready to leave the crowded park when the sound of a series of 'clicks' caught his attention. He looked around curiously to find the source of that strange sound. A young girl was sitting on a bench nearby, not really younger than him, maybe a year or two. She was holding a camera, taking pictures of her surrounding, trees, flowers, people but Minoas could sense her boredom, the same as his.

Photography was quite artistic and Minoas enjoyed hanging around with artistic people so he decided to talk to her as he had to find a way to spend his spare time. "Morning! Might if I sit here?" he asked her before taking a seat next to her, his blue grey eyes shifting from her beautiful features to her camera.

Alliyah bit her lip when she took a shot on her camera. 'Oops, wrong angle' Ally thought. She was definitely sure that her camera's memory was full. But thankfully, the battery was still fully charged. Few of the people who passed, looked at what she was holding, with a weird look on their faces. Alliyah chuckled. 'They're probably purebloods since they don't know what this is.' The witch thought.

Few minutes later, a boy approached her. The boy was a bit taller than her, she could tell and probably older than her by a year. Alliyah moved to the side which meant that he was welcome to sit beside her. "Of course. Most of the benches are occupied already, so I don't mind." she told him, just to make a simple conversation. Alliyah sensed that the boy was looking at her camera. "It's pretty boring here don't you think? Especially with no company." she drawled. "I'm Alliyah Jackson, by the way. I bet you are currently attending Hogwarts right now." Alliyah said while shaking the boy's hand. Alliyah instantly remembered Artemis, who remained at Hogwarts for the holidays. "So, what year are you there?" she asked him. "Next year, I'll be going to Hogwarts already. I really hope to get sorted into Slytherin. Or probably Ravenclaw." she shared, excitedly. She wanted to be in Slytherin because she loved the color green. Green is relaxing and calm, so she adored it. Ravenclaw because she heard that the people there were very intelligent and witty. Not to mention, even friendly.

"Tell me about it! I thought that most people would be enjoying their breakfast that early in the morning." he commented about the occupied benches and the noisy park while he was having a seat. "Thank you." he said and looked around. Awkwardness was prominent in the air. He wasn't really used to talk with a stranger all of a sudden. "Same here. It's the first time I have vacations and I'm so bored." he agreed with the girl that was holding a strange camera. It wasn't looking like the ordinary ones, at least ordinary to Minoas. He was betting that it was one of those fancy ones that muggles had. His eyes widened when he realized that he hadn't introduced himself properly.

"Minoas Stratis." he said and shook the girl's hand. "Yeah, how do you know?" he asked wondering how on earth she managed to find out. His clothes were completely muggle-like and his wand hidden well inside his pocket.
"Nice to meet you. So I guess you are a witch?" he asked back the girl. He then realized that the girl's surname was reminding of something but he couldn't remember what was it. Looking quite frowned as he was trying to remember he replied. "I'm a first year. Just finished my first semester." he took an expression like he was trying to remember something that it was just there in his mind but he couldn't recall it.
"I see, so you are just one year younger than me. You will really like it. I mean the castle, the grounds are breathtaking. Lessons are interesting too." he revealed as he was streching his legs. He nodded as he was listening to her house preferences. "Both houses are decent. It's true that Ravenclaws are pretty smart. Right now are first in house points and Slytherins, well, most people don't like them but I don't have any problem with them.". The truth was that he had met more people from other houses rather than his. "I'm in Gryffindor by the way. Scarlet for color with the lion." he added. A year ago, when he was in her age, he didn't had a clue that the school he was going to attend had houses with animals for symbols, that's why he analyzed it to her.

"Say, do you have any brothers or sisters currently in Hogwarts?" he asked, determined to find out what Ally's last name was reminding him of.

A small chuckle escaped the small lips of Alliyah. Her thoughts were almost the same as the boy. Why would people ever go to the park that early? Perhaps the children wanted to immediately. It could be a possibility, but Ally was sure that there were more to list. And it would just go on and on. Muttering a shy "Your welcome." to the boy, she stared at her camera, awkwardly. So, when the boy replied, she responded, relieved to get rid of the awkward situation. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Alliyah laughed, even though she herself hasn't experienced her holidays declared by Hogwarts.

The witch just smirked when the boy who introduced himself as Minoas asked her about his real identity. "I dunno. I guess because you have a different aura from any ordinary muggle." Alliyah replied, a little unsure about her sentence but she laughed after just to cover the little problem. "Yep. I'm a witch. I'm just 10 though." Alliyah suddenly became excited and looked forward to her first year in Hogwarts, which will be soon. One more semester and a few months, then she will be able to get sorted. Nodding to respond, she looked at Minoas. Since he was a first year, he would probably know her sister. But she decided to stay silent about that. Since, he wasn't asking anyways.

Having company was great especially if the person was almost your age. Alliyah was glad that she met this boy, to talk too. "Interesting? Are the professors there rigid and hostile?" She asked, imagining herself getting scolded because of a missing homework. "Exactly what I heard. The Ravenclaws are full of wisdom, while the Slytherins are nasty. Well, it's fine with me." Honestly, her house didn't matter. As long as it wasn't Hufflepuff, she would be fine with that. Being a Ravenclaw would be great since she would know that she was smart enough and being a Slytherin would be cool too since she could enjoy the company of her sibling.

Realizing that this boy was Gryffindor, she leaned back to relax on the bench with a spark of excitement in her eyes. "Gryffindor? Bravery isn't it?" Alliyah asked, since she wasn't really sure if that virtue belonged to the Hufflepuffs or too the lions. It probably would be the lions since lions are very strong and they never give up on their prey. "I have a sister in Hogwarts." Alliyah said, strangely calm. "She's a Slytherin, same year as yours. Her name's Artemis. Well, they she looks like me. The hair, eyes, and probably the lips." Alliyah described, to help Minoas find out whatever he would want to find out.

He listened as the girl was explaining to him how she managed to find out that he was a wizard. The truth was that Brightstone Village was an all wizardry place which meant that only wizards and witches reside it. However, the camera that the girl was holding, made him wonder.
"Well, I know that a muggle here would be crazy to be found but your camera made me believe that you were one of them." he explained from where the awkwardness came from earlier.
"It looks so different from ours." he just wanted to say that from the beginning and wondered if the girl would give it to him, to study it. Sometimes, muggles' objects were really fascinating. He was planning to enchant in the future, a muggle skateboard to make it fly than rolling.

"Just less than a year to wait." he commented when she revealed that she was ten years old. "There are actually several worthy professors in Hogwarts. Some of them are really good, making the lessons flawless. But I can say, there are a few that I really don't like even though I like there subjects." he confessed, having in mind professor Styx who wasn't really tolerate. He nodded when she talked her knowledge about the houses, indicating that she was right. "That's what they say generally. I'm not really into the house thingy. I see it more as a chance to create Quidditch teams." he said with a shrug. The truth was that whether he was a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff didn't matter for him. They were still possible Quidditch teams.

He smiled when the girl referred to Gryffindor's quality. "Yeah. Bravery and chivalry. Although bravery is not always good." he said remembering the detention that was awaiting him as soon as his holidays were over.
When Ally referred to her sister, being a student in Hogwarts, in his age, he remembered istantly the girl he had met in the Quidditch pitch, few weeks ago. "Oh, I know your sister!" he exclaimed as he finally remembered.
"We had potions togeter this semester. She wasn't really a fan of that lesson. We actually met in the school's Quidditch pitch. I managed to hit her with a Quaffle in her face accidentally." he said quite embarrased with a short chuckle. "She's a nice person, you must be close to her." he added as he was thinking of the time they flew together. "Is she still in Hogwarts?" he asked Ally.

Looking at her camera, Alliyah let out a small laugh. It was true that she could be mistaken to be a muggle since what she was holding was made by the muggles. Well, there no was harm in bringing it, so why not? Her mother just got her a camera to cover her boredom. It was really quiet and peaceful in the house and her parents wouldn't want her to destroy its tranquility. "Yup." Alliyah agreed with the boy. The wizard's cameras were much more different than the muggles. And their cameras couldn't make pictures move. "It's so cool to see pictures that aren't moving, so my parents bought this for me. It also helps me to replace my boredom." Photography wasn't really her prioritized hobby, but it was sure one of it. "Here, take a look. Try to snap a photo." Alliyah offered with no worries about the camera being destroyed or anything.

"Indeed. One year to go, and I will be sorted." Alliyah wasn't really nervous about being sorted. She wondered why people were crazy about the sorting hat and its decision for you. It wasn't really that scary. Actually, she thought of it as an amazing and memorable moment that she wouldn't forget. Well, first she will fuzz over her wand then probably wondering what will happen to herself in the sorting ceremony. She would also see her sister, sitting at the Slytherin table, watching her. "Well at least, there are some professors who has a sense of humor." Alliyah said, being optimistic. Alliyah was relieved that her knowledge about the Hogwarts Houses were correct. The witch laughed when Minoas told her that what mattered to him were only the Quidditch team for each house. "So, you're in to Quidditch, huh?" Ally asked, with an amused smile on her features.

Ally silently agreed about bravery. It wasn't really a stand out skill for people, unless it was about fights and duels, which weren't always the actual reason. "That could be true. I mean, bravery can sometimes lead you to dangerous stuff." Remembering the people who were in St. Mungos because of Quidditch, she chuckled.

Blue eyes contained excitement when Alliyah heard Minoas talking about her sister. It was really funny to hear Artemis explaining the week's past events through a letter. She smiled at this recalling the memories reading that neatly written letter her sister gave to them. "Arty isn't really a fan of Potions ever since. She gets confused with the procedure." Alliyah giggled. Remembering the time when both of them tried to look for the procedure of the Amortentia Potion, Artemis was always asking questions that day. "Quaffle? My sister would want to try out for next year's Slytherin team. But don't worry, I bet she didn't mind since it was about Quidditch." says the witch. "Yep. She decided to remain there. I think it was because she found the house boring." Ally wondered, aloud.

Excited, Minoas accepted Ally's camera in his hands, carefully not to drop it. He studied the numerous buttons it had on it, so many different functions that he hadn't seen before. He looked around and zoomed towards a flower, next to their bench. A beautiful butterfly rested on the flower, flapping its colorful wings, the perfect caption. He pressed the top button of the camera and with a short click, he captured the beauty in front of him. His grey eyes shined with surprise when he saw the image he had captured immobile.

"Wow, I'm wondering how a muggle would react with a snapshot from a normal camera." he said imagining that a moving photograph would be quite shocking for a muggle. "Thanks." he said with a smile and returned the camera back to Ally. "I will consider taking one as a birthday present to my brothers. Maybe a camera will stop them from setting on fire the entire house." he joked with a chuckle.

He then remembered the first time he entered the great hall for his sorting ceremony. He was expecting something harder, challenging, like pulling a bunny out of the sorting hat. However, it was much simpler and easier. "Don't worry. It's a short and fun procedure." he comforted her, without spoiling further details, as he sensed her nervousness.
"To be honest, I was used to different kind of education before Hogwarts but I get used to it. I can't wait for my new lessons next semester. Charms sounds fun and I must admit that I need the challenging aspect that transfiguration can offer." he said about Hogwarts lessons which where pretty decent for him. As the topic changed to Quidditch, he felt like talking with Ally's sister, Artemis.
"Actually I'm obsessed! I can imagine myself as a professional Quidditch player in the future. Have you tried flying?" he asked curiously. He rolled his eyes when Ally talked about bravery and how it could get you into trouble. It wasn't more than a few days that he had get in serious trouble by entering the forbidden forest. Fortunately for him, he came out of it alive but with a detention on his shoulders. "I totally understand what you are saying. I'm actually descovering these days how catastrophic reckless pride and bravery can be proved." he shared what he had learnt from his recent experience.

He smiled while they were talking about Ally's sister Arty. After two weeks or so, his introduction with Arty was now looking quite comical to him because of the strange way they met. "Oh yeah, she's really not into it. I remember her telling me that. I find potion quite interesting. I would like in the future to brew my very own one." he said recalling his ideas from the back of his mind. "Yeah I think she was okay after a few minutes I scored on her. My bad, I should be more careful. I have a terrible aim." he sarcasted himself for the incident.
Melancholy, spread in his eyes when she said that Arty decided to stay in Hogwarts for the holidays. It wasn't because he was missing the school tha much. He was hoping to pass those free days back to his family home. Unfortunately, this couldn't happen and although Brightstone was a great place, he was feeling terribly homesick.

"I don't blame her. Hogwarts is a fascinating place, full of mysteries." he said as he was trying to cast away his homesickness. It was those mysteries that they were getting him into trouble lately. He had made a pact with himself. A pact that he didn't know if he would be able to keep it. To stay away from trouble but usually trouble was seeking for him. "So how is the life for a young witch in New Zealand? Are you from here? From Brightstone?" he asked her as he was living in New Zealand only the passed two or three years.

Alliyah watched Minoas interested with the photo he'll snap. There were numerous things to picture here in the park. It could be the children playing, the sky, the trees surrounding the park, or the plants. She looked at him while he was observing the unusual structure of this muggle technology. She smiled a bit, because she herself also experienced having difficulty understanding these. She leaned forward when the camera shot a photo of a beautiful flower with a butterfly. "Good shot." Alliyah complimented while having the camera back. The witch knew that Minoas was amazed by the none moving photo, and she too had the exact feelings about it.

Imagining the little boys putting a house to fire, she laughed femininely. "That could be true. Probably an unusual gift would put that to a stop." She said, as an idea and a joke.

The sorting ceremony would be a memorable moment. For sure, it will be. Alliyah didn't really know what she would do. Artemis hasn't told her the things that happened to her. Alliyah thought that Arty just didn't have time to write these details down, which was really true. The witch laughed nervously about this, not wanting to talk about this and change the subject. "Well then, good luck with Charms." Alliyah offered, grinning.

The subject then shifted to Quidditch. It was almost talking to Arty. It was a long time since the sisters talked about this, alone and privately. Alliyah wasn't really a big fan like her sister, but she sure knows how to fly. Flying was easy, but it was quite complicated at first. She wasn't as skillful as Artemis, but she was good enough. "Of course. My sister and I usually do it together. But nowadays, I do it alone. Or sometimes with father, if he's available." Sighing, she spoke again. "Artemis learned flying from father." Since her sister was about 6 or 7, she started to learn how to fly. Laughter escaped from Alliyah. So true that bravery could do this. "Well, I guess you've got to be more cautious." She casually advised.

Alliyah sensed that Minoas experienced talking to her sister and got to know her, in a way. She visualized Artemis getting hit by the Quaffle. It was funny, but she also felt a little bad for the pain. But she could bet that Artemis already forgot that. Her sister, is always forgetful about bad experiences. It was always the good ones that she stored in her mind. "That would interesting. I myself isn't really a big fan about it. But I sure know how to brew some." She told the Gryffindor. "I'm sure Artemis forgot that. I mean, she forgets bad experiences. Terrible aim? I'm sure you can practice on that." She assured him.

Alliyah's face turned into a concerned one when she replied. "That could be a reason because she likes socializing. She's a bit sneaky, so maybe exploring the castle could be one." She knew that Hogwarts was huge and wonderful, so she really couldn't blame Artemis for her feelings. "No, I'm not from here. My family is just visiting, since it's really quiet inside the house." Their home was pretty huge, so and the only ones who were there to make it loud, was Ally and her sister. So, it was really silent there.

"Thanks" he said back, feeling the need of buying a camera too. A magical one though. He liked watching the photos moving, having life imprisoned within them.
"I'm afraid that they will probably set the camera on fire too." he joked with a laugh about his younger brothers. The truth was that everytime he was kind enough to lend them something of his possesions, he was always regretting it. He remembered that time he had trusted his beloved omnioculars to his brother, onl to find them later broken, badly binded with spellotape.

He nodded as he could see the resemblance between him and Ally. He was taught flying by his father. It was a great way to pass his free time, bonding with him. "I see. I was taught too by my dad. They were great times. Now I'm practising alone but the bright side is that I'm practising in an actual Quidditch pitch." he said as he used to practise with his father in a forest or in a gorge, away from the indiscreet eyes of muggles.
He sighed as he remembered his detention. He would have to wait one month of the next semester, without ventures or further explorations. He was banned from getting out of the castle. Who knew what would be the consequences if he was going to trespass the decision of the head of Gryffindor house.
"I guess next time I'll be more careful. Planning things better. There's nothing worse than being busted." he concluded from his recent bad experience.

Minoas tried to hide his gloomy smile as he was imagining Artemis, free exploring carelessly the castle and the grounds. "Lucky her..." he murmured a bit envious.
"Oh so you are not from here too. That's interesting. It seems that many wizards and witches are coming here for a new beginning." he said including himself.
"How you spend your free time back at home?" he asked the young witch.

Smiling, she replied, "You're welcome." Up to now, Alliyah is still thrilled with the camera's features. The numerous buttons that lead to more interesting muggle stuff. The camera of the wizard's and witches' were much more better than the muggle's in her opinion since the picture that will be develop moves. "Possible. I mean they're young and everything." She too laughed along. "Say, you have younger brothers. Does that mean you're the eldest?" She cocked her head to the side.

The memories about flying with her father came back. Those were happy times and great ones, indeed. Also, the times with Artemis and her, racing on a broom.
"Of course. The one in Hogwarts, right? Are you planning to join your House's team next year?" She asked, since he was actually obsessed with the magical sport. The gentle breeze blew and Alliyah filled her lungs with the fresh morning air. "I agree. Better luck next time, I guess. What happened anyways?" She asked curiously.

Maybe that's the reason why he didn't get sorted with the snakes. She thought, amused. Since Slytherin was the house where the sneaky ones are, that could be a hint that they don't get busted. At least, they don't get caught.

Imagining Artemis roaming around the magnificent grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy really made Alliyah wanting to know more about her future school.
"Exactly." She said simply. Nodding in agreement with the boy, she smiled. So true that many people weren't from here. Just a few in particular. "I read books and sometimes fly. I let my imagination run wild from the things I read." She answered. "How 'bout you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back