OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Whippy Elm Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kia had been in the library, browsing the shelves all day, but the only thing she had even found remotely close to what she was looking for was a history on Voldemort and his death eaters. She kept the title of the book inconspicuously tucked under her arm and against her side. She hurried back down to the dungeons, eager to begin reading, when she rounded the corner again and saw a boy being followed by an... odd number of people. He was her age. She approached him, curious. "Who are you?" She asked once she drew near, unsure what was going on but interest in her eyes anyway.

Being followed around by some family members might have been enjoyable and all, but Kalif Styx definitely recognized the downfalls. The attention it gave him. Behind him were two Slytherins, related, while he walked toward the Slytherin common room. A girl approached him, and asked who he was. Kalif gestured toward the two behind him to leave him be, and they, of course, did. "Kalif Styx the Second. And you are in the way," informed Kalif coolly, aiming to get to his dorm to get some well needed rest.

Kia raised a brow as he told her his name and then told her she was in the way. She shrugged. "Alright then, be that way." She turned to leave but an older student rushed back, knocking into her and sending her book skidding out from under her arm and across the floor. "Hey!" She tried to scold them but they were already gone. She sighed in aggravation and started looking around the floor for her book.

Kalif started to walk along, not caring how rude he sounded. However, he heard the girl shout something, so he turned around to see what happened. She seemed to be looking for something. Kalif shook his head, pulled out his wand and cast a verbal Lumos to light up the dungeons. "Here," Kalif aimed the lighted up wand toward the ground, to help her see. Not all first years knew this spell already, so likely, she didn't.

Kia turned as the boy said something and turned to look towards him. "Thank you," she told him, scanning the ground again with the added light and saw the book she was looking for near his feet. "Oh, there it is," she hurried forward and picked it up, hoping he hadn't seen the title. "I appreciate your help," she informed him, a small smile on her face as she turned back to him.

The light from his wand shone on the book, which his eyes narrowed slightly at the title, which she was quick to hide. She was reading about the Dark Lord, though to his family, they were loyal to him and his cause, but after they found out his blood status, that loyalty slipped away from him. “You need to be better at hiding your extracurricular activities, girl.” Kalif muttered quietly. He used nox on his wand and extinguished the light with ease.

Kia paused, holding the book tighter to her chest. "If there weren't such pushy pricks knocking kids around it wouldn't be an issue," She retorted, stepping back. "I don't understand why it's something to hide. It's a type of magic that isn't covered in classes, it should be understood if we're expected to defend." She looked away. Why was she explaining herself to this boy?

Kalif shrugged his shoulders at the thought of pushy pricks. Of course that would be an issue with Slytherins. Perhaps most houses anyway. "Perhaps you would have been better at Durmstrang Institute. They teach the Dark Arts. However, we are first years. You don't know the full curriculum to make that sort of judgement, do you?" Kalif stated, since he knew that in their fourth year, they would cover the unforgivable curses, at the very least. He was not entirely sure of the rest of the years, but that alone should give them some experience.

Kia narrowed her eyes a bit, thinking. Another school? Could she transfer? No, she had already planned around this one, doing it again would be aggravating. She shook her head, sighing in frustration. "If it's something that's actually taught in later years, why is it the only thing I can find with any sort of information is a vague history on a guy without a nose that was sooooo powerful he was taken out by teenagers?" She ran a hand through her hair, frustrated. "I didnt expect to understand everything but I was at least hoping there would be something I could try to piece together, and all I could find was a brief history on the life of the dark lord and his followers."

Kalif smirked slightly at the description over the dark lord. Well, it was something. He would not have described him like that. The Slytherin sighed, "You would be better off talking to people that have been there. The Dark Lord fell to a couple of teenagers because he was arrogant, and focused too much on said kid. He was a hypocrite though. Hated muggles, protested for purity, yet had a muggle father." Kalif mused, since he knew the story pretty well. After all, his grandfather and great-grandfather were there. They told him the story a year ago. Kalif shrugged his shoulders once more.

Kia blew her dark hair out of her eyes, putting a hand on her hip and chewing her lip slightly. "Right, sure, and how do I do that? It's not like I have a directory of old death eaters." She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "How are you supposed to learn anything around here?" She muttered to herself, almost forgetting the boy as she flipped open her book and started looking through it, flipping through the pages as she looked for something she could use.

Kalif figured she would ask something like that. Most of the old Death Eaters were in Azkaban or dead, but he had several in his family. The first year pointed out, "Check old Daily Prophet articles. Some were named, and then try to see what the family is up to now. Antonin Dolohov's family survives with his great-grandchildren now. The Crabbe's are survived through other grandchildren. And so on." Kalif knew those people mainly because of his own family. They integrated with those families. "You don't learn that here. You learn the basics here. Then you decide what route you want to take when you can do more than shine a Lumos in someone's face."

Kia paused, glancing up at the boy. "That's... a thought," She slid the book into her bag and pulled out her notebook, scribbling it down quickly. She smirked a little at his statement. "Perhaps," She agreed, "But it's best to be prepared and have a good plan on how to get there," She shut her notebook, tilting her head as she looked up at him. "First, thank you for your help. Second, why are you even helping me? Everyone else- well, mostly everyone else, seems to get this weird, sour lemon look when there's even a mention of the dark arts or the people that used them." She studied him, curiosity in her eyes. "What makes you different?"

Kalif glanced at the ground for a moment as she asked why he was helping her. The Slytherin shrugged his shoulders before commenting, "I'm bored." That was the truth though. He was awfully bored, though he did not reply to her question about why he was different. There were many reasons why he was different. He figured that at least she could get some idea. "My family, the Zhefarovich family, is... Unique. I was hand-picked to become the future Patriarch. That is what makes me different." Kalif turned to leave and gave a small wave as he left her to her things. After all, he didn't expect to stick around for too long.

Kia blinked. Future what now? She almost stopped him to ask, but instead shook her head. That sounded like a lot of trouble for just a kid, and trouble was really the last thing she needed right now. She watched him go for a minute before shrugging and heading back to the dorm to do some more reading on the noseless wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back