Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Olive Wood 15" Core of Aethonan Feather
Minoas was returning back to Gryffindor's common room along with a group of other first year Gryffindors, after he had enjoyed a delightful dinner in the great hall. He was planning to go to sleep and rest after such a tiring day. Exams were pretty close so he had to rest properly and revise as much as he could.
While the group of first year Gryffindors was moving on, chatting lively in the process, Minoas realised that his shoes were untied. With a small frown he stopped and stooped to tie them, reaching for the shoelaces. The group continued for the common room, leaving him behind but he didn't bother to let them know.

He was focusing on his double knots when he heard a soft whisper coming from somewhere nearby. He sprang up like he was strucked by a lightning, rolling his eyes round, trying to figure out if the whispers he had just heard were real or fragments of his imagination. He just then realised that he was standing in front of the entrance of the sixth floor corridor. Minoas used to sneak out a lot and wandering around but he hadn't visit that corridor yet. He went closer to the entrance. Darkness was concealing everything from his sight. There was no light coming from the windows if there were any, probably because there was a new moon.

"Lumos" he whispered as he was getting out of his pocket his wand. A faint ball of light appeared on the tip of his wand, showering with light the walls near him. "Is anybody here?" he asked adding some confidence in his voice, trying not to lose his composure. There was no answer, just snoring from the portraits that were hanging on the stone walls. There was nothing else than armours, a long red carpet that was covering the floor and some doors. Minoas didn't really wanted to check them out. What if they were professor's offices and he was going to get again into trouble? Remembering the last time he was scolded by professor Kingsley, he convinced himself to keep his hands away from the knobs and just check the rest of the dark corridor.

There was nothing strange there or suspicious, except from being pitch black.
He had decided to return back to grand staircase, convinced that the whispers he had heard were from the noisy portraits. However, he felt a draft of wind stroking his cheeks out of nowhere. Or it was something else? Frozen on the spot, he extended his shaking wand-hand and casted some more light on the walls. None of the arced windows were open and nothing that could cause that much of a wind was somewhere nearby. He started backing away, freaking out a bit, with his wand pointing towards the direction the wind came from, when his back hit someone behind him.

The Slytherin never expected her evening to be such a rush. At first she was busy doing some of the essays that were due in the next few days, and then she could not find the book that could give her some answers for the assignment and now! Dinner was rushed, that's what. Artemis went to the great hall, exhausted with what the whole day had to offer for her and sat down and filled her plate with the only food surrounding her. Her plate just contained a few mashed potatoes and some chicken. Artemis ate slowly since she wasn't hungry. It wasn't really a full meal, yet Artemis was already satisfied with it. The Slytherin house table was in a good mood -thank Merlin- for some of the students in the upper years were laughing happily but quietly for the other people not to hear but themselves. More like chuckling quietly Artemis thought.

The wristwatch that Artemis was wearing told her to leave the table. Artemis stepped out and left the great hall with a tired sigh. The Slytherin had nothing in hand except for her wand which was inside her pocket robes with the Slytherin badge shining in the moonlight. The evening still remained young and early thus wanting Artemis to spend the night in a more peaceful way. The day's events were indeed chaotic and Artemis couldn't help but expose her tired expression on her face, ever since she entered the great hall. Without hesitation, the witch took the staircase that lead to the sixth floor. Her footsteps could be barely heard except for her breathing. The calm expression remained on her pale features that seemed to glow in the moonlight while ascending the stairs.

Darkness filled the corridor when Artemis reached the sixth floor. There was a silent hooting of the owls that flew by the window. One was grey while the other one was brown. Artemis wrinkled her nose at the sight of the brown owl. She hated the color brown. It was so lifeless and dull. The blonde took out her wand and muttered a simple,
"Lumos." and started walking wherever her feet brought her. Her eyes weren't actually focused anywhere to be honest. Then, a sudden thump hit her and it was a body of a person. Artemis instantly stepped back. It was a reflex, the action that she did. Just in case of danger. "Stay back." Artemis threatened, her wand pointing directly at the person's face with the light erupting from the tip of her wand.

OOCOut of Character:
Well, it was an open topic so I decided to give it a shot. Hope you don't mind. ^_^

Minoas stepped back as well, realizing that what he had just hit wasn't an armor or something similar but someone. He faced the person with his lit wand, aiming at their direction. It seemed that whomever was there had casted the lumos charm as well. The brightness was so intense that several portraits woke up and started protesting loudly.
The unbearable light coming from both wands was blocking Minoas' vision from recognising who was standing right there. He blinked several times, using his free hand to cast shade on his eyes but it was worthless. Lowering his wand, casting less light, was not an option. He would be for an instance defenseless to someone that maybe intended to harm him.

The chances of the person in front of him being a professor, made him look around for any kind of escape but he was cornered at the end of the corridor. Surprisingly enough, there were no doors around him or as far he could remember, no secret passageways either.
I need an escape...he thought while he was testing the walls around him. As he wasn't intending to jump out of a window, he collected what had remained from his courage and stepped reluctantly forwards, still aiming with his wand the source of the other light.
Step back!, a voice echoed in the corridor behind the other light. It was a familiar, female voice but he couldn't recall which was her. "Hey! Lower your wand! I'm turning blind over here!" he shouted as he couldn't bear anymore brightness.
"Who are you?" he asked while he was losing his temper. He could hardy keep his eyes opened, so he lowered his sight on the floor, to shield his eyes.

OOCOut of Character:
There's no problem, it wasn't intended for something particular, hence it's open. However, there is no moonlight as you say. In my first post I explained that the corridor was completely dark because of the moonless night :doh: But is fine really! :D

Actually, Artemis never expected someone to bump into her just like that. Usually, the sixth floor was deserted and isolated by the students whenever Artemis visited it in its exact state like what's happening right now. Filled with darkness, pitch black and if a pin was dropped, it could be the loudest thing heard in the area. The rest of the students were probably lounging in the great hall or sleeping in their respective dormitories. Thinking about this idea, Artemis envied them. She was damn tired. Way too exhausted because of the day's events. There was a lot to give in too and she just couldn't reject it immediately. She needed to do it, for her sake of course. Her grades were needed to be maintained since she realized that her parents did not want to her to get an A next time. It was foolish to do that. They should also do that to Alliyah, Artemis thought before, recalling the memory causing her lips to curl upward and form a small smirk.

The smirk arrived just in time. The person she just bumped into was her fellow student who, by the way, would probably be the same age as hers. But in the darkness, it (or her smirk) was surely unnoticeable The smirk disappeared when the Slytherin realized the person was a male. Not really a man but a boy, to be exact (well at least, he's too young to be considered as a man). With Artemis' wand pointing directly at his face, she saw familiar eyes that she just saw a few weeks or months ago before the boy covered his eyes because of the light. Also, that voice sounded was very common to the witch's ears. With both wands blasting with brightness, Artemis was almost sure they had awoken some portraits already. A few grumbles were heard for a moment but Artemis ignored it. No use if she actually tried conversing with them. Not unless, she was desperate for something to do.

Stepping back cautiously, Artemis lowered her wand until it reached the boy's chest. She was just a few feet away from the boy and she could feel his discomfort with the light her wand brought and his combined. It took her a few seconds to register that she was indeed familiar with his face, but just could not recall his name if ever she met him. But surely, she did. A look of relief was placed on her pale features that seemed to glow because of the light erupting from the tip of her wand.
"Sorry about that. You seemed jumpy just a few seconds ago."
She watched the boy ask her name, with a blank expression. Artemis chuckled a bit before replying. Exaggeration filled his voice when he told her about something being blind. "Artemis Jackson. And you are?" Artemis said, wand held firmly in her hand with the light still in place.
<i></i>

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry about my little error above. Guess I misread it. But thanks anyways. ^_^ :shy:

The girl's voice was identified when she spoke her name. Minoas took an expression of true relief, he felt his blood running regularly back into his veins.
"Artemis, you scared the hell out of me!" he uttered with a deep breath. He lowered his wand slightly, just to let only her wand's light, shower his facial features. "It's me Minoas! Remember? Quidditch pitch, horrible aim, you got hit by the Quaffle because of me?" he tried to refresh her memory by coming even closer, letting more light on his face. He then stepped a little back. He had started seeing colorful dots in the darkness because of those lights on their wands. His grey eyes weren't used to sucn an intense brightness. It wasn't nothing like the sunlight.

"I still feel my legs trembling! I thought it was a professor! For a moment I was thinking of the option of jumping out of the window." he joked as he didn't want to be caught again. He was sure this time the detention would even worse.
"What are you doing here anyways? Stalking somebody?" he joked while raising playfully an eyebrow.

When Artemis spoke her name aloud for the boy, she felt his relief even though her distance from him was quite a few feet away. Probably four or five feet. Artemis could barely contain her giggles when he spoke up. But even though she had the feeling to giggle childishly, she managed to keep it within her mind only. She chuckled when he uttered her name with an expression that was priceless to her. Artemis inhaled a deep breath and let it out with a dramatic sigh. She was already used to see people shocked or surprised because of her arrival. It was always like that whenever she came from people's backs and immediately speaks up. But this was another case. Instead of her coming from the back, a certain boy bumped into her without her noticing his footsteps or breathing. Wasn't Artemis observant? It seems like she wasn't nowadays. Her breathing steadied after three seconds of deep inhaling. She also steadied herself and instinctively stepped back. "Of course. Fancy seeing you here."

Trembling? Now that could not be exaggerating. Was he really that scared? I suppose so, Artemis amusedly thought about it. His expression a while ago was again, priceless in her opinion. It was so amusing that if she could just laugh softly, she would have done that already just a few seconds ago. But now wasn't just the time. She knew it since she felt it. The feeling was always there to tell her. More like her conscience in a different state of matter. Artemis brought her wand a little higher but not enough for Minoas to think that she was blinding him. She studied his features if they still contained the same expression he had a few seconds ago. He facial expression went a little relaxed by now. His rigid posture that was present a while ago faded too. "It would be hilarious seeing you jumping out of the window." Artemis said with a playful smile hanging on her lips. She imagined the young Gryffindor doing so, with difficulty trying to escape from her presence. It was quite a blur, but she still managed to imagine it.

Boredom was the reason she visited the sixth floor. Absolutely not stalking. It was horrible to know a girl stalking someone. Especially if the reason was for a male. That was terribly not applicable for Artemis. She never stalked somebody in her whole life.
"Absolutely not." Artemis smirked. She didn't intend on following somebody until the person reached his or her own bed. "Just ended up here for no reason, honestly." She smiled about his own proclaimed joke. "And you?"

Minoas remembered the day he had met Artemis as he could see now in the shadows her features. It was kinda of funny and weird introduction. He was still sorry for that incident, it was the wrong way to make friends.
"I think that the two of us, should avoid meeting from now on. It's bad for our physical condition. First, a bloody bludger on the face, now a heart-attack, I'm wondering what's next?" he joked with a chuckle. He was always equipping his sense of humour when he was feeling embarassed or awkward. It was his way to break the ice.

A laugh left his lips as soon as Artemis stated that he was finding hilarious the scene of him jumping out of the window. He took him a moment to recover from his laughs and speak again. "You are right! Now that I visualize it, it seems so funny." he said with a wide smile, casting looks on the nearby windows. That would be a very bad idea. Who knows how many feet above the grounds they were. "It would be a quick and rather reckless reaction in case you were a professor. I couldn't take any more detentions." he explained while some bad memories were recalled from his mind.

He raised his eyebrow again. A typical grimacing of Minoas when he was doubting someone or he was pretending that he was doubting. In this case, he was pretending. Who sane person, would come in this darkness to stalk when there was no one around. He was just messing around with her.
"Yeah right! Like there is another logical explanation for you to be here. Except if you like dark, creepy places to chill out." he commented ironically, hoping that she won't misunderstood his intetion to tease her a little bit.
When the question turned to him, he kind of lost his playful mood. He remembered the whispers he had heard a few minutes ago. He looked around in the darkness, at the few spots on the wall that were casted with light, like he was expecting a monster to appear at any minute. "If I was going to say that I was just wandering around, I wouldn't convince you. Would I?" he told her still studying the corridor's walls around him from a distance.

It's been a while since Artemis has visited the Quidditch Pitch. Not just a while, it's been ages, actually! The last time she took a stroll there was about two weeks ago which was quite long and that stroll wasn't really something very memorable. Also, that was the same location where she met Minoas. That's where she got hit by the bludger on the head. The pain was tolerable, thankfully. But if Artemis was fragile, her whole skull would probably in pieces already that time. Something not to be surprised about since some girls were considered to be fragile and very breakable. Artemis never believed she was fragile just like what some muggle romance books say about them. Romance was horrible. Artemis was just hopeless when it came to love. "Me too." Said Artemis lamely. She flashed a small smile since she did notice what happens when they meet. It was amusing to think about it and go back to the memories.

Minoas' laugh seemed to echo around the corridor as soon as Artemis said something about him jumping out of the window. While the boy was laughing, Artemis took the advantage to reflect. It seemed like she hasn't been finding anything funny, lately. It's quite weird. Her world seemed to go darker almost every year that has been passing. Despite her happy personality around her friends, her thoughts always had been drifting about it. Artemis didn't hear Minoas speak since she was staring at her side with a slight frown on her pale features. She was also biting her lip, a sign that she was being bothered. But when the boy spoke again, thankfully, she heard it and snapped out of her thoughts to bring herself back to the present.
"Detentions? You have some recently? How come?" Asked the blonde, quite curious what could happen in detention especially with Professor Styx. Detentions were only for the rule breakers in Artemis' opinion. She would not to violate the rules just for the Slytherins to be very disappointed of her. The news could be delivered to her parents. Her father would probably forgive her after a few consequences and scolding but not the same would go with her mother. She would probably be ashamed of her daughter, telling Artemis' sister the stuff Artemis has done. She wasn't perfect anyways. Actually, nobody is. Honest. If there was a person who would be perfect in their family, that would be her sister. She had the looks, the brain, the perfect attitude, everything. But nevertheless, Artemis was still fine with it. Nothing to envy about since she had herself to look after. No one but her.

Another joke came along and Artemis just chuckled forcefully. Forcefully meaning she just wanted to play along with his game. But the force wasn't obvious. Not even a single percent. Her laugh was carefree and very warm as if she had no problems in the world. Except if Minoas saw her in her thoughts a while ago. That could be a factor for him not to believe her chuckle. Anyways, the laugh was convincing. Extremely convincing. Anyone that would hear it would be able to know that this person is carefree at the moment. Artemis wasn't exactly impressed with herself since she has been doing it for a long time already. It just took her a while to practice though. But she has mastered it. It's just within the looks and the sound of the person.
"I swear, I hate darkness. It's mysterious. But still, I managed to come here with the help of my wand." Artemis replied motioning her head to her wand for about the second time. The light that she previously lit up was still on the go. It was bright and sure enough to move away the darkness from your eyes. Lumos was indeed helpful especially in times like this. When darkness surrounds you, that's it. And of course, Artemis knew that the boy was just playing around with her. The light hearted jokes were the proof and Artemis sure was playing along to the best of her ability. Her eyes averted to the back when Minoas was looking at the walls surrounding them. All she saw was darkness ahead and the snoring portraits that went back to sleep. No one at the moment was there (hopefully) listening to their conversation. It was too dark to do that not unless you were a prefect or the Head Boy or Girl. "Probably. With that look on your face, it could be quite possible." Smirked the blonde after. "Bet you're scared too." Her smirk grew wider at the statement of hers. Being an 11-year old, it was pretty normal to be scared about the dark. It would eventually leave. Soon, that would be for sure.

Minoas remained silent for a bit, letting only the portraits' noisy snores to echo in the corridor after his laughs. Surprisingly, they didn't wake them up. He studied Artemis expression. She looked troubled like something was concerning her. Or maybe was he and his teasing that cornered her. "I'm sorry if I was rude or anything. I didn't mean to..." he apologized as he was having a seat on the closest window's ledge. He placed his wand that was radiating brightness, next to him. Judging by Artemis reaction, Minoas could tell that the girl had never had a detention. He felt quite embarassed but he decided to share his experience with her.

"Well, I had the brilliant idea to wander into the forbidden forest and I fell into an acromantula's trap, a deep pit into the ground. Thankfully, a gryffindor prefect had followed me and helped me get out the pit with her broom. Then we were attacked by a group of gigantic acromantulas which we managed to keep at bay at beggining but then they were too many so the only option was to fly away, both of us on a broom." he recounted the story, remembering how he had managed to hex such huge beasts, making them tripping or dancing uncontrollably.
"Finally, we landed on a clearing to take care of our wounds when the head of Gryffindor caught us out there. We went to her office and there I tried to take the blame on me but I made the situtation even worse." he frowned remembering those unfortunate moments. He shook his head before he spoke again. "Anyway, several points were deducted from Gryffindor because of me and I was banned to leave the common room except for classes and to go for my meas in the great hall." he finally concluded, feeling a sudden warmth on his ears. He was probably blushing again.

Darkness. It wasn't the darkness that he was afraid of but what could hide in it. Lumos charm was indeed a valuable companion in such situations. "No I'm not!" he rushed to counter her question. "Maybe a little but not because of the darkness." he was sure that Artemis would doubt him so he decided to admit a bit of the truth.
"I was actually going to return back to my common room but I heard voices coming out of this corridor. I couldn't help my self but to check it out. And then was also that strange wind..." he muttered thoughtful.
"Have you visited this place a lot of times?" he asked her as he was used to explore the ground more thant the castle itself.

The voice the erupted from nowhere just thankfully came out from Minoas. Obviously, she was deep in thought when the boy spoke. Artemis was actually reflecting deeply but in the wrong time and wrong place, unfortunately. There were a lot that was changing right now and it seemed wrong. Absolutely wrong. It was too far than she could ever imagine. It concerned something for her future. Future plans, that's a clue. But Artemis didn't really want to get into further details for now. It was too depressing to realize something that you want isn't what other people wanted. In the meanwhile, Artemis was just thinking about her past reactions and her previous days in Hogwarts, worrying that she was becoming to much absurd about something to keep her from laughing. Yes, some people would consider this as not even a problem. But in Artemis' case, it was totally not. Laughing is considered to be part of her daily life and she surely could not miss her own lips releasing a laugh. The lighthearted life, that is. Laughs were something she needed to make sure were there for her day to be complete. It was a good thing, the person that she was currently in a conversation was very cheerful with his laughs. "No, just lost in my thoughts, really." Said the Slytherin while watching the Gryffindor taking a seat on the closest ledge near the window. "Do you mind?" Artemis asked, jerking her head slightly towards the direction of where he was sitting. Artemis really wanted to sit down. Her legs were already tired of walking because of the really long distance from the great hall up to the sixth floor.

Detention wasn't really popular in Artemis' family. Not most of them had detention because of aiming for a prefect or Head Boy. Being a Slytherin, there are exceptions for you to be a prefect. Artemis' father always told her to keep safe and not from danger. Well, it always took courage to enter something that seemed exciting but it was the edge already. Sometimes, Artemis could not avoid temptation but still. Temptation meaning exploring safe places with no one looking. It seemed much more safer than going to the Forbidden Forest. When the truth came out of Minoas' lips, Artemis formed a slow and small smile when she heard the word "brilliant idea of his." Artemis listened with the smile on her lips until the boy reached the part wherein they were attacked by a group of acromantulas. Huge ones, in fact. The smile was replaced with Artemis serious look on her features while looking at Minoas straight in the eye with her own piercing blue eyes with her wand still held firmly in her grasp. The story went on and on but Artemis' was most interested at when he was caught by the Head of Gryffindor house. Honestly, she did not make an effort to know who the person leading the Gryffindor house is. She knew who was the head of Ravenclaw which is Professor Jonathan Spencer. He was currently Artemis' professor in History of Magic. When the witch heard about points being deducted from Gryffindor, she kept on a blank face. Also, being banned was terribly bad if Artemis was ever declared to be. It would be a big impact on her parents, especially her mother.
"Wow. That was long." Artemis said after all the events that happened to Minoas was explained by him. "Who's the head of your house, by the way?" Asked Artemis quietly, a bit embarrassed why she doesn't know about it.

Raising an eyebrow, Artemis flashed an unconvinced look. Artemis was aware that Minoas rushed his reply just to contradict her statement. With the witch listening, she just realized that the Gryffindor was afraid about something unnatural. Artemis looked around her surroundings only to spot darkness again in the far corridor.
"A ghost, perhaps?" Suggested the Slytherin, unsure if ghosts were considered to be just what like Minoas explained. Ghosts were transparent, yes and it was cold if ever you get passed through them. Artemis never met a ghost but once saw one. But that's pretty much it, after all. "This is probably my second time. I mostly visit the North Tower." Truthfully replied Artemis once again visualizing the view up from the North Tower. It was magnificent seeing the grounds in peace with no one bothering it but the students only. Artemis frequently visits the tower, to take her mind of things and problems. Problems that should have not been with her in the first place.

Her voice, her look, her expressions were indicating differently than her words. She might didn't want to admit it but there was absolutely something that was bothering her. It seemed to him that everyone had a little orner inside them that were keeping their own secrets. Even he couldn't say anything for himself although he could trust Artemis from the little he knew her. "Please be my guest." he offered her a seat next to him by tapping with his hand the empty space. "Well, if you ever feel like you want to find your way out of your thoughts, I'm a pretty good listener." he offered himself in case she wanted to share with someone or just needed an advice. Sometimes he wanted that too. Getting something that was worrying him out of his chest, was making him feel a lot better.

Judging from the Slytherin's face she hadn't be in a similar situation and probably she would rather not to.
"Especially the part where we were scolded at her office, seemed like the longer one." he agreed referring at the long conversation they had with their house's head. While the blonde was asking him about his house's head he realised that he didn't know the other houses' heads. "Professor Kingsley. She is teaching ancient runes. I was cosidering to take that topic as an option for my third year but I'm not sure anymore." he said when at the same time he was imagining professor Kingsley having an eye on him. "What about Slytherin's? Who's it?" he asked wondering if he or she was currently teaching to him.

Minoas felt slightly uncomfortable when he realized that he didn't manage to convince his Slytherin friend. Her look made him look around, avoiding it. Her suggestion made him automatically to turn back to her and ask her.
"Ghosts? You are kidding right? There are ghosts here in the castle?" his voice was filled with surprise and excitement. He had never met a ghost before in his life. It was obvious that she preferred to explore within the castle's walls. He was more of an outdoor child. "Well it's my first time around here. I quite like it, it's quite mysterious." he stated, convinced that somewhere around there, should be a hidden passage or a secret room that he was going to find it. "North tower is so nice at night. I'm going there to do my astronomy homework or to just lie down and gaze. Once I fell asleep by lying there and I woke up in the morning because of the intense sunlight." he said with a grin.

He hesitated to ask her the next question. He had heard it from older students and he was wondering if it was true or just a joke. He had also asked Briar and it seemed it was truth, however, she hadn't manage to find it although she looked like the best explorers in that school. "Say, have you heard about a strange room? Called room of requirements or something?"

Artemis wasn't the type that she would share secrets unlike other people, they trusted their friends. Her mind contained all the information that she was only keeping to herself throughout her whole life. Ever since she was a child, a wee, a small girl, a toddler, all her dark secrets and interests are only within herself and nobody else. People aren't meant to be trusted, even though they were your own parents, siblings or best friends. No one for Artemis is perfect to keep her own secrets. No one but herself. Back then, her sibling used to bother her and irritate her to the best of her ability for Artemis to share where she on this particular day. That was really a long time and the Slytherin still remembers it, very vividly. It was a good thing Artemis could hide her irritable side very quickly by just sending her a compliment and then, off she goes. The comment wasn't sarcastic at all. Also, a very decent distraction will be needed if ever she would want you to leave her alone. Something like sending someone to get something for her. Or checking out the newly released broom stick available. Artemis was already aware that her Gryffindor friend knew that she was bothered with something. Thankfully, Artemis knew the secret to her emotions. The trick was all with the facial expressions, nothing else but that. Artemis kept a calm looking expression as if nothing was just bothering her a few seconds ago. It looked quite good on Artemis unlike the expression of hers if she worries. The sound of Minoas' tapping on the empty space echoed inside Artemis' head while thanking him by a smile on her pale face framed with blonde hair. It took a while for Artemis to register what Minoas just said. "To tell him something that was bothering her." Artemis could not help but form a forced smile that seemed real on her lips. The smile was something realistic, not plastic. "Nothing. I'm honest. Just worrying about the exams. It just bugs me all the time." Lied the first year, hopefully escaping the truth she could have said.

With that short statement, Artemis did not feel any pang of guilt or anything that would make her regret what she has done. Truly a Slytherin, her sister would say to her. There was nothing to be worried about since all she meant to do was to cover her thoughts in such an easy way. She has been doing this her whole life and it's been a long time since she has used this on serious occasions. Serious meaning detentions, reports or something else not related to school and school work. It took a while for Artemis to remove the guilt if she ever had some currently. Good thing this wasn't serious for her. At least, the case hasn't gone worse. She knew it was for the future but then she hasn't picked all the clues all in all. Maybe in the following years, everything would be understood and she would already set her mind on things she needed to study first. At least, that would be far away from now.
"I have to agree with that. I could just imagine the tension in the air." Replied the witch, trying to visualize what Minoas might have been feeling during those times. Nervous, guessed the witch. It was one serious case, that was sure. Being banned? Being brought to the Gryffindor head of house office? That is really torture. Being a first year, Artemis has never reached the seventh floor, where the Gryffindors reside, far away from the dungeons. Learning that the Gryffindor HoH is Professor Kingsley, the Slytherin could not help but wrinkle her nose at the name. Also, the Gryffindor beside her just mentioned her teaching Ancient Runes which will never be the witch's subject in which she will excel in. "If I'm not mistaken, she's the deputy headmistress right?" Asked Artemis while looking at Minoas straight in the face with only moving her eyes and slightly her head. The next thing that came into her mind was a professor of hers. Her current professor in Defence Against the Dark Arts, Professor Kalif Styx. His facial features were always like stone and they were unreadable all the time. No fail. Artemis' held her wand in her hand while replying, at the same time placing it on her lap. "I guess you've gone through DADA already last semester. I suppose you would know who Professor Styx is." Smirked the witch very slightly in case Minoas might get offended by it. Hopefully not. All she felt was a bit of pride for her house. Nothing to fight about and not really a big deal.

The grounds in Hogwarts were huge, but Artemis hasn't managed to find a single ghost yet lurking around. Some students claimed they have and Artemis supposes it's true. Once in a party, the blonde saw a ghost of a man floating around the mansion's staircase. They were transparent and not really that horrible to look. Artemis tried recalling that time if she ever walked into them. Unfortunately, none of that experience happened. The Slytherin's expression was still blank when she heard the boy's reaction about the absurd suggestion she just suggested before he gave her a taste of disbelief.
"Some people claim to have seen one. I have, but not here." Artemis replied, her expression changing into a slight frown while recalling the memories. It wasn't the frown of sadness but more of thinking and recalling something very far away from you. With that, Artemis tried thinking of asking her older Slytherins if ever it was true. Besides, they were more experienced around the castle itself so they probably have seen one. Artemis leaned her head on the wall since they were very close to it and the window was almost above their heads, also providing them with light. Silence echoed around the corridor until the young Gryffindor asked a question. Once done hearing the question, Artemis racked her brain for anything or anywhere called the room of requirement. "I know that there was one in Hogwarts Scotland before. But that was ages ago. So I guess that would be a no. I mean, not here in New Zealand. But in Scotland, yes. Why?"

OOCOut of Character:
Oh and about Artemis' thoughts, I've thought of something to do already when she grows up. So I guess now is not the time for Artemis' to actually think about it. After all, my Slytherin is interested in the Dark Arts. So, yeah. ;)

OOCOut of Character:
Hmmmm...that's pretty interesting actually. You see I was planning the future of my chracter too. He won't be really into dark arts, not int he way that I suppose Arty will be at least, so that will be interesting for our future roleplaying. :tut:

Minoas had realized that the majority of people he was hanging around, were having some sort of secrets that they were not going to reveal to him willingly. Maybe he had to build his trust with them but trust was a hard thing to get. Very easily though could be lost. However, the young Gryffindor had a sort of gift. He could study the eyes and the expressions of people. Sometimes he could guess what they might be thinking or if they are lying. A gift that he intended to bring to the next level by studying in the future, an advanced branch of magic called legilimency.
He could tell that Arty was troubled with something more than the upcoming exams. At first, her eyes were lost in thoughts, she looked troubled and somewhat worried but then she gave him a pretty convincing smile all of a sudden. A pretty realistic one. Minoas decided not to put any further pressure on her and he just played along with her game.
"Oh yeah! Way to destroy my lovely evening by reminding me of that." he said with a sarcastic expression. "I'm joking! I'm actually pretty stressed out myself but I can't wait to get done with them." he added with an empathetic smile. "Don't worry anyway. We will be fine!" he tried to encourage her.

While he leaned his body against the wall next to him, he switched off as well. His mind sunk into thoughts about secrets and lies while he was looking outside the dark window. There was nothing to see, just a few scattered stars in the night sky. He was dragged out of his short daydream, just when Arty asked him something about his head of house. "I don't think so." he answered, noticing the girl's reaction when he referred to professor Kingsley. "She is fine. I mean a bit strict but fair. She was right, I was risking my life and not only mine but the prefect's as well. I deserved the punishment." he added in an attempt to support the Gryffindor head, although he had mixed feelings for her. There was a wild change on Minoas' expressions when the name of professor Styx was mentioned. Now his nose wrinkled as well and his lips frowned like he had just tasted something that was extremely sour. "Yeah, I had his subject during the first semester. Honestly, defence against the dark arts would be my favourite subject if he wasn't teaching it. I don't really like him, I feel like he's hiding something." he wasn't afraid to express his opinion about the Slytherins' head. Minoas was really relied on his intuition when it came to his relationships with other people. First impression was everything. He could dislike or like someone just by trusting his intuition and in that case, it was dislikeness at first sight.

He was pretty relieved that the topic changed to ghosts. It was a much better topic for him as he could cast away the bad memories he had from the unbearable classes of professor Styx. "Lucky you! Where have you seen it?" he asked excited. He looked around hoping that a ghost would just pass by at any moment. He hoped that the whispers he had heard before were of a ghost and not from a fifth year playing pranks on firsties. "There are so many magnificent things in the world. I would like to witness them myself. That's why I'm planning to travel a lot when I'll finish school. It will be a life-changing experience!" he exclaimed enthusiastically as he was imagining of the creatures and the different magic communities that he was going to see in his journeys.

As their conversation switched to the subject that was bothering him the past few weeks, he got into his 'exploring mode'.
Although history of magic wasn't the young Gryffindor's subject, he knew about the orginal Hogwarts in Scottland.
"Well, according to some sixth years, there is a room of requirements in this branch as well." he revealed to Arty his little secret. "I actually eavesdropped on them so probably they weren't lying or something." he said quite embarrased for eavesdropping on their conversation. He was doing that when he was visiting library for his homework. The library was the worst place for him to concentrate so he was usually eavesdropping to other people's conversations in the end. "I've been searching extensively the castle. I have found all sorts of secret areas and secret passageways but I haven't searched yet this corridor." he said as he looked around, searching for some kind of clue or evidence which could lead to a secret place.

Trust was one hard word to rely on a person. You could not just trust someone even though they have known you since the start of your life. You could not trust someone even though though your relationship with the person is like a sister or brother thing. You could not trust someone that is in a romantic relationship with you even though you've been on for like several months already. All these stated were believed by Artemis every single day of her life. Ever since she was a sixth year old, keeping secrets to herself was a thing for only her to know about and no one else. Not even her parents and sister. Nobody. The Slytherin knew that she could hurt other people's feelings whenever she would keep a secret without telling them. That is if the person has sensitive feelings. Sensitivity could be used as a weapon for Artemis to get irritated once you stepped beyond the borderline. People would usually beg her to be informed about the latest in her life. Sessions like this happened with friends, especially her sister who seemed to talk to her for almost eternity whenever the two were alone. Almost everyone had their darkest secrets, so there wasn't anything to mind about Artemis at all. Even the most happiest person in the whole world could be hiding dark secrets deep within. The Slytherin listened to what Minoas would say after she just stated another lie which made didn't make her guilty at all. Well, if you'd be doing it for more than three years, won't that make you used to it? With the Gryffindor's words, Artemis thought that he was actually playing along with what she was playing. But the thought came back to her for the witch to think about it again. "I hope so. I just can't believe time is so fast." Said the witch, still thinking about the sentence he just said. It seemed that he got along with her, which meant she was hopefully safe. At least, that was she thinks. But there was a small spot at the side of her brain still reminding her that the boy didn't seem convinced about what she just said. But Artemis could not decide clearly right now. Especially when the person you are thinking about is technically beside you talking and distracting you. Artemis continued to smile as if remembering all the memories that happened to her throughout the year. With a lot of years to practice it, her smile was perfect and really convincing. But Artemis could not still get the tiny feeling out of her mind. Putting it aside, she just thought about something else that could distract her about what she just said.

Being thankful with the change of subject, Artemis seemed to relax her shoulders and a sigh escaped from her lips while leaning against the dark wall. Now the Head of Houses were the new and sudden topic, Artemis thought about the HoH of Gryffindor. That professor seemed familiar. Artemis was almost sure that she heard that name until Minoas told her she was teaching Ancient Runes. This made Artemis wrinkle her nose since she didn't like Ancient Runes. The study about it was extremely uninteresting. Just hearing the title made Artemis think that she won't take it as one of her subjects unless she has too which could possibly happen. While thinking about the subject, Artemis heard Minoas' voice speak out of nowhere. In the tone of his words, it seemed that the boy was defending his HoH which made Artemis want to chuckle a bit. He was too much defensive in her opinion.
"Then I guess she's like our Head of House." Stated Artemis, thinking what are the consequences that could be provided by the Slytherin HoH if ever she will ever be punished. There is actually a possibility that the punishment would be much more worse. The Slytherin could just imagine the terror just going inside his office because of something she has done to make him disappointed. "I like that subject even though he's the teacher. I find it extremely interesting. But I have to agree with you about that little secret of him." Agreed the the blonde, remembering the word "trust" again. Oh heck, thought the blonde If I don't get that word about my mind I swear I'll be insane tomorrow. Her expression was still the same as a while ago which made her look quite calm without knowing what is actually going through her thoughts.

With ghosts as the topic, Artemis was suddenly more conscious around her just in case somebody would be there. When Artemis was a kid, she actually thought that a ghost was scary just like what she saw a long time ago in a muggle movie while roaming around the muggle world with her mother. Her mother patiently explained that it was just "special effects" and "make-up" of some sort of kind. It was full of suspense and very surprising. Artemis even tried to make an effort to ask how they do "special effects" without her mother becoming impatient with her. Obviously, she failed to do it since her mother shushed her and brought her immediately to the hospital she works in which were on of the best. Artemis heard Minoas speak out because of his curiosity. The Slytherin watched him look to see if there was anything or at least anyone coming by. A really low and simple chuckle escaped from her lips before she replied.
"My family and I went to this party of a relative who lives in this creepy old house." Artemis paused to shudder slightly and recall more memories entering her mind. "Then my sister and I spotted this unusual figure standing on the staircase. At first we thought it was just our imagination until my sister almost convinced me it was a ghost. I refused to believe her at first but then we crept a little closer discovering that it was indeed a ghost." Artemis finished with another shudder. "The ghost was transparent and it had a sad look on its face." Said Artemis, not sure if ever she should refer to it as a person since they were already dead. So she just referred to it as an "it" just to be sure.

It seemed that there was really a room of requirement based on what Minoas just said. The room was barely seen by first years since they are the ones not really used to roam around the castle yet. It's still their first year, so you've got to give them a chance to learn more about the dark secrets of the castle they are residing and currently studying in. Artemis briefly wondered what it looked inside if ever she was one of the fortunate people to take a step inside it. Hearing that Minoas eavesdrops, Artemis formed a smile as if trying to project a laugh that could just be seen in her eyes if you look at it. With Minoas done telling Artemis all his stock knowledge about the room, she knew that Minoas was already getting the feeling of exploring once again around the magnificent castle in search of this mystery room. It was once in a while since Artemis really explored the castle alone with no one else to bother her. She usually spent her spare time in the North Tower, staring into space with nothing really in mind.
"I doubt that it could be here in this corridor.Back in Scotland, the room was located at the seventh floor. Also, this castle is believed to copy most of the old branch's features. I bet the room could be in the seventh floor where the Gryffindor's reside." Artemis explained, also remembering that Minoas himself was a Gryffindor. The room was said to appear only if one needs it terribly. There was a possibility that it was the same here in Hogwarts New Zealand. Well, almost.

OOCOut of Character:
I suppose you know what I mean for my character then. ;) Oh and Minoas trying out for Legilimency? :o I was actually planning my character to try for Occulumency. But I'm still thinking about it.

Minoas nodded to agree with Artemis about how fast the year passed. Almost a year ago he wasn't yet sorted. He was back to his family's new home, in the desert, preparing restlessly for the unique first moment that he was going to set his eyes on Hogwarts' castle. Now he was one breath away from his first year graduation. He knew how to cast a bunch of spells, how to defend himself in a critical situation and he had even managed to learn a few things about history of magic. "Ah, yes! That's true, time flew by really fast. It was a bumpy ride for me but I really enjoyed it!" he agreed remembering the day he managed to keep at bay a whole group of gian spiders.
He wasn't looking forward for the winter vacations. As he used to be a north hemisphere resident, he was finding the reversed weather conditions quite annoying. His biological clock needed sunlight, warmth and time spent on the beach. However, the weather was getting colder by the day and snow was expected pretty soon.

While in his head was swirling the idea of suggesting to his parents to spend their holidays back in Greece, he extended his opinion about Slytherins' head when Arty said that both house heads were using the same methods of punishment. "I highly doubt it. Judging from his emotionless, sadistic look, he must be casting the cruciatus curse on the poor students that had the misfortune to get detention from him." he exaggerated a bit but he was convinced that if it wasn't that kind of punishment, it would be something similar. The gryffindor nodded lively his head remembering the day that they had to learn the stunning and the protecting spell. "I enjoyed it a lot myself. Well at least when I was pretending that he wasn't around there. I found quite ironic the fact that he's teaching defensive magic. He looks like the kind of person that would be obsessed with dark arts." he said quite sure that if there was such a dark subject available, it would be taught by professor Styx. "Then I had transfiguration this term. I must say it's pretty tricky but I love it. So now I'm torned between those two for the title of my favourite subject." he grinned as he was never going to make up his mind.

He felt the wave of relief spreading inside him when his friend agreed that their defence against the dark arts professor, was hiding something. "Ah! Thank you! I was starting to believe that I was getting paranoid. I'm glad now that I'm not the only one having that impression. That or we are both lunatic." he joked, knowing that they were right. He crossed his arms on his chest and listened silently on Artemis' story, finding interesting the fact that ghost had a sad expression. "Well, maybe all that sorrow was because it was...umm...dead?" he asked feeling quite odd for his statement. It sounded better in his head. Death was a topic for which he didn't have an opinion. He had never experienced the loss of a beloved one or heard anything about the reasons why a dead person would haunt a place as a ghost.

Speaking of haunting, the room of requirements' topic was taking over his mind. Listening to the idea of being located on the seventh floor, made him think of the fact of sleeping right next to it the whole year. "I don't think so. I have searched extensively the seventh floor. I mean my common room is there, I would have seen someone wandering around suspiciously, looking for it." he rejected that idea. The room could be concealed very well but Minoas was observant. He would have realized any suspicious actions around the seventh floor.
"I felt a strange stream of wind when I walking in this corridor. Windows are all closed so it couldn't be from outside. So to me, there are two options. Either it was a ghost or there is some kind of secret area, well hidden." he sounded like a muggle detective, quite sophisticated.

well i have several ideas for my character's development including legilimency and if it is possible occlumency as well. I have to really spend time on his education though cause I think that you need good grades to let you become a legiliment/occlument ;)

</FONT>
Hectic was the one and only word Artemis could describe for all the she had experienced and gone throughout the whole two semesters. Finally, exams were coming already and the seventh years were already going to have their graduation ceremony soon. With all the errands, problems, illnesses and some insults from a Gryffindor, Artemis will try to pass with flying colors. The tons of assignments were hopefully worth it and will cause the first year to ascend to the second year. With everything she has done, it should probably sum up into a good result for her family to be proud of, especially her father. Who knows her sister would be smarter than her when she enters Hogwarts? Or probably just the same IQ level as Artemis'. "I agree. Bumpy yet very interesting stuff had happened." Smiled Artemis, remembering the time she once met Minoas in the Quidditch Pitch and got hit by the Quaffle. The hit was painful and hard that Artemis even tried checking about it the next day. Fortunately, the bump did not result into anything bad like a broken skull. "I wonder what will happen in our second year. There will be more adventures for you, I bet." Said the Slytherin with a really slight smile on her lips. Nothing else but a smile or a chuckle. Nothing but that. If not, then maybe a really tiny grin. But without the laughs, Artemis just had her smug look. The one had a bored expression on her pale face with eyes staring off into space.

There were always and will ever be three Unforgivable Curses ever since. Those are the Killing Curse, Cruciatus Curse and the Imperious Curse. If used any of these three, then you will be charged to be thrown into Azkaban, the prison of the magical world. With the idea of Professor Styx using the torturing curse against his students seemed absurd and terribly exaggerated. Once again, it is a one-way ticket to Azkaban just like Professor Styx mentioned a few weeks ago in their lesson for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Of course it was exaggerated, thought the blonde. A joke, specifically.
"Let's just let our imaginations run high. Think about the possibilities for it." Replied the Slytherin, wanting not to contradict nor support the exaggerated and joking idea of the Gryffindor boy. Being a Slytherin, Artemis had high respect for their current Head of House. Some students had no care at all and continued spreading these rubbish rumors against the DADA professor and it was such an immature act for Artemis to hear and do. Dark Arts were one of Artemis' current interests because of its unique effects that it can do besides from leading you to Azkaban. "That's true." Artemis replied honestly, recalling his facial expression that was always dull. It probably symbolized something dark for Minoas to say since he had no expression at all. Expressions were one's way to the soul of a person, her mother usually says. They tell you what they really are beyond the barriers of the person. Next, memories of Artemis sitting in the Transfiguration classroom flooded her mind. The most vivid one was when she used the summoning charm. That was the best charm she ever tried in that subject and actually enjoyed seeing it. Usually, Artemis would find Transfiguration as one boring subject that would be used several times in the real world. But nevertheless, she found meaning into it. "Transfiguration is a little boring for me. The only thing that turned me in was when I did the summoning charm. And speaking of favorite subject, I'll always stick to Defence Against the Dark Arts." Spoke Artemis with small shrug on her shoulders.

People hid a lot of their own secrets. With just referring to our subject, she has her own and only hers to know about it. Same goes with other people Artemis would bet that also Minoas had his own secrets for only himself to know about. Other people contained dark and deep secrets that could cause to them to change their life in just one second of telling a person.
"I think a lot of people had noticed that already. He is one secretive man." Quietly replied Artemis to Minoas. Sometimes, it was hard to know if ever a person was hiding something from you with ease or the person was just really like that. Artemis now told her story about seeing a ghost in a party once. Until now, she still remembered the setting and the people just passing by it, not giving one single glance in its direction. Artemis never pitied the ghost since it looked so freakish and creepy. Instead, she just looked at it and observed it while making sure her sister was just right beside or behind her. Once she was done, the witch watched the wizard with his reply. "Possible. I mean it could be sad about its death." Suggested Artemis. Death was nothing to be afraid of. If ever killed, then so be it. Death will surely be part of each and every individual living. That matter was actually no big deal for Artemis. "Are you afraid of death by the way?" Asked Artemis, branching out to a new subject for their conversation.

Was it really true? The room of requirements? Did any student have a chance to get inside it? Did the professors even use it? All of these questions were still a mystery to Artemis. It's not like she wanted to go and explore more about it. But it was still interesting to know that if ever there was this single room in the whole castle that would provide you for what you need.
"I dunno. Maybe there isn't one here in this branch then." Artemis said, trying not to discourage the hopes of her friend just beside her. "And I believe you are really adventurous. More adventurous than me." Artemis smiled. With Hogwarts New Zealand said to be as a complete copy of the original branch, then the supposed room should be just as where it originally belonged right? But it wasn't as always necessary of course. "That is so observant of you." Artemis said, while cracking a small smile on her lips.
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
<FONT font="Times New Roman">Right. I'm also trying to keep Artemis' grades up. But looks like I have to try harder. :(

Minoas thought of all the strange situations he had been into during his first year at Hogwarts. He realized that his stay there wouldn't be that interesting without those moments although some of them were really dangerous.
"Ya, true! Why bother to take the ride if it's not bumpy?" he said realizing few seconds later that what he had just said were real words of wisdom. "Zeus' thunderbolt! I sound more and more like my father!" he exclaimed with a chuckle.

The Gryffindor wasn't the kind of person that would think in advance about his future. He cared only for the present and he was confident that the future would bring whatever was meant to be. He gave her a smile when she said that there would be possibly more adventures for him. "I hope so but I would also like to find a partner in crime." he wasn't sure if Artemis would be up for it but he made in some way an offer. "Is better to share such kind of adventures." he concluded as he generally liked sharing with friends and family. "Of course I'm also expecting all that to happen without being caught." he said with a broad grin, quite mischievous. "Other than that and get into Gryffindor's quidditch team, I don't want to expect anything else. I just want everything to come naturally, surprise me." he said, quite liking surprises.

As his friend was talking about her head of house, Minoas came up with the unpleasant scenario of them being caught there by professor Styx. It would be the worst thing before his exams and he didn't want to get Artemis into trouble too.
He holded tightly his illuminating wand, ready to cast the counter spell once he had sensed the presence of someone. "Well yeah ok. I might be exaggerating a bit but if there was no such law of banning the use of unforgivables, I'm sure he would try it." he said wondering what would be the true punishment he might be using. He didn't really wanted to find out himself.

Minoas had to disagree with Artemis at that point. If something could describe the branch of transfiguration, wasn't for sure the word boring. It was of high complexity though but that was what Minoas liked in it.
"Boring? Boring can be history of magic but transfiguration? Okay we might have to turn our quills into spoons for now which this might not be cool for everyone but later we will have to animate staff, conjure, use invisibility charms, even become animagi." he made a good overview of professor's Sparkles subject. He liked the idea of becoming an animagi but that needed tons of work and dedication. Still he had no idea in what he would like to be able to turn into. "Someone has messed up with the lesson's content." he sang in playful, teasing way. "Summoning charm was in charms not in transfiguration." he added with a wide smirk. It was the charm that he was afraid of the most during examinations. He wasn't always able to summon the right thing. He had to practise it a lot. The one he was feeling comfortable with was the banishing charm. He had even found a little trick to intensify its power."I have to practise the summoning spell." he moaned, sounding like he had practised it a lot without any satisfying results, which was true. "Last time in class, I summoned accidentally an egg. I was quick enough to dodge it but it hit the person behind me right on his face." he said with a small laugh. "So embarrasing but still funny." he added, continuing laughing slightly.

The ghost topic had made him wanting to research about ghosts. Afterlife was intriguing to everyone and maybe ghosts could share some of their knowledge. They died after all before becoming ghosts.
"It could be also sad because it couldn't do anymore what it used to do when it was alive. It might was quite envious of all of you being alive and enjoying yourselves."he told her, pretty sure that a ghost couldn't enjoy a meal or a nice sleep under warm covers. The girl's next question was something that he had never thought of before but he didn't hesitate to answer. "Well, I would be devastated for the death of someone I love and care. I haven't thought of mine though." he said, realizing that he was sounding awkward speaking for his own future death. "But no, my boggart wouldn't be someone dying or me dying at the moment." he said as a boggart was defining the worst fear of someone and that wasn't currently death for Minoas. He had faced a trapped boggart in the basement of their last house. He had paralyzed of fear until his father rushed in to deal with it.

His grey eyes looked concerned as Artemis was discouraging his hopes of founding the room of requirements. He was realizing that some day they would have to deal with boggarts. The professor and the rest of the class was going to freak out but not more than him. He gulped before talking again. "I think everyone have their adventurous side. Some people just need someone to drag them into it." he said as he couldn't believe that there were people not thinking of risky excursions and travelling around the world. The young boy wasn't really observant. There were a lot of staff that he wasn't observing for example during classes. But when it had to do with fun his observation could hardly be antagonized. "Not really observant. It was just the first three weeks that I was exploring the whole castle, noting down all the secret passages and rooms I was finding." he said remembering those nice moments. Still he would have preferred to share those moments with someone than doing it alone.

Everything that happened throughout the year was just like a blissful feeling for Artemis. Despite the difficulties about the exams, it was indeed worth it. She would be advanced to second year, very soon. It will be something exciting to know about. Artemis formed a small grin when Minoas exclaimed. Artemis would never speak in riddles or in expressions just like what Minoas did. It was unusual for her to do that. Her tone was simple, her voice was simple and her words weren't exactly complicated as the others. She hated when people gave her mysteries as an answer to her question. She felt stupid whenever this kind of situation occurred. It was her weakness. "You really did so." Grinned back Artemis. With the word, "Zeus" in the sentence made the Slytherin smile. It has been a long time since she has involved her own self with Greek Mythology. Her own name made her love the Greek goddess, Artemis, the goddess of the moon and of the hunt. Something about this subject made her release happiness. The only talk that she had Greek Mythology was with this boy from Slytherin who was friendly. Lately, she hasn't seem him around. Strange. Artemis listened to the somewhat offer that Minoas proposed in a sort of different way. She listened intently but never made a move to reply. She just sat there and bored her eyes into Minoas'. She cracked a small smile when Minoas said he expected to be someone without them being caught wandering of somewhere else. "Such a Gryffindor." Muttered the Slytherin, with a small smirk playing along her lips. The Sorting Hat was exceedingly wise. It really put this boy into the right house. With all the boy has said, Artemis mood did not increase its excited level. It remained calm and still, expecting nothing but a simple conversation. Artemis tried to ignore the offer with a slight smile with a little encouragement. "You'll find that person, hopefully. A fellow Gryffindor would be perfect, don't you think?" Replied Artemis, with an encouraging tone. She ignored her own conscience. Her reply wasn't that bad. Honestly, she just did not want to indulge herself into more adventures. They wasted her time. All she wanted to do was relax and spend her time making sure her record is clean.

Insulting her Head of House wasn't exactly what the blonde wanted to do. It was a great honor to be included in the Slytherin house, even though she was a Half Blood. Artemis was quite sure that Professor Styx is and forever will be a Pure Blood. That kind of blood was beginning to become rare through the years. Half Boods have been evidently multiplying. Artemis could not further think of anything to say. She shrugged with no expression at all. She didn't know whether she should support that kind of idea. Obviously, contradict Artemis thought. Who Slytherin would want to insult his or her Head of House?

Only one who is totally absurd.

Transfiguration wasn't really any big deal for Artemis. It wasn't that she hated it nor loved it. The subject was just a normal topic that won't be used very often in her opinion despite the stuff she read in books that needed this kind of magic. All she was interested in was Defence Against the Dark Arts. That is a fact, and it would never change. Artemis held her wand loosely right now, wondering if ever the light that they both had was too much. Artemis examined her wand while the Gryffindor was defending Transfiguration. It was pretty much a debate, and Artemis hated debates. They always beat her up, mentally and physically in such a way she did not want to fight back anymore.
"Fine. I don't have anything against Transfiguration. I don't consider it boring or exciting in any way." Artemis answered, with a sigh on the last word of her sentence. "But Potions is boring and difficult." Artemis muttered. She was defeated in a way she didn't care. Artemis held her wand a little tighter and placed it just between her and the boy. Her fist was beginning to hurt already. She slouched and relaxed a bit. Artemis spoke up. It turned out that Artemis stated something wrong and she was mixed up. Artemis faced Minoas' face with that big smirk dancing along his lips. The Slytherin looked at him with a small pinkish color slowly replacing the pale complexion on her cheeks. "Right. That's in Charms. How stupid of me." Artemis said, rubbing her hands together, only to find out that they were chilled alright. Artemis was almost sure that Minoas saw her blush which embarrassed her further. With just that thought, she felt her hands grow colder at every second she thought about it. Artemis listened to his small anecdote, which might have humiliated her if ever that happened to her. She wasn't that reckless, thank the Merlin. She gave him a small laugh enough to lighten up her mood a bit.

Ghosts were apparently dead. Some just died. Some were already dead for the last three centuries. Quite a record.
"That is possible." Artemis said while her head did a small nod. Even if paid a million galleons, Artemis would never want to become a ghost. Isn't it painful to see your own self gliding across hallways with your own skin transparent and painless? That is what Artemis dislikes about the idea. It made her disgusted with just thinking about it. Death was something she would look forward to in the future. Maybe in the next sixty years, perhaps? It was part of the life cycle of all humans. "What's your boggart then?" Artemis asked, trying to know further more about her friend. This was their second meeting, excluding the ones where they met in their lessons. Artemis realized that the boy seemed affected on what she just had said about that strange room that was located somewhere inside the castle, hopefully. She ignored the feeling that she was actually discouraging his hopes for the room. She had no intention of finding it. But it was actually fun talking about it and other mysteries inside the castle. "Yeah. That's true." the witch replied. Her adventurous mode had not been used for a couple of weeks due to the exams. Artemis also did not want to involve herself in any trouble because of that. She was busy and she's got to deal with it first. She had a lot of exams to study for and the most focused subject she is on is with Defence Against the Dark Arts. She surely has to get an O for that. Or else, she'll be already sulk in her room for the rest of the vacation. "I have a feeling you'll find more when we turn second year. I'm almost positive about it."

OOCOut of Character:
RPing as 1st years, aren't we? ;) Would you want to keep it this way?

Minoas was finding many qualities of Gryffindor in him but that didn't mean that he had all of them or that the other Gryffindors had similar habits and personalities like him. He realised that Artemis was declining his sort of offer but that was okay with him. "Umm, I don't think all Gryffindors are up to this. Fellow first years are really keeping a low profile. Out of trouble. I have met a prefect though who is adventurous like me but she has a lot of duties and less time to spere on adventurous excursions." he explained, referring to Briar, his favourite person in that castle. She was looking up to her like she was an older sister to him. He was awed by her knowledge about nature and Quidditch.

He agreed with his Slytherin friend that potions were a complex subject. He wasn't good at finding out the right portion of each ingredient, required for a specific potion but he was finding it quite enjoyable. Regardless, the unwanted results and the smoke effects. "I'm really bad in maths so yeah I have some hard time with potions as well. I quite like it though. It's fun! Maybe I like challenging subjects after all." he concluded, judging from his preference on transfiguration and potions. He smiled kindly when he noticed that she blushed because of her mistake.
He pretended that he hadn't notice it and looked away.

He wondered how he could explain what his boggart was. It wasn't that easy if you didn't know the creature.
"Well, my boggart is a gorgon. Do you know what is it?" he asked her highly doubting that, except if Artemis had travelled in Greece or she was reading Greek mythology.

OOCOut of Character:
I think we should continue as 1st years. It would be odd suddenly talking about their holidays :p

Instantly, Artemis chuckled. What she thought was that Gryffindors were one adventurous and loud bunch. According to her father who had no intention of insulting people that belonged in this house, Gryffindors were the people who wanted to explore more and have fun with their lives even though there is danger awaiting them. They will take the risk no matter what happens. It was something she always expected Gryffindors will be and forever will do. "I, um- " Artemis paused. She wanted to say that her Gryffindor batch mates were actually very shy in her opinion. The only person she has met that is a Gryffindor is Minoas. That's all. The rest are Slytherins, Ravenclaws and one Hufflepuff. What she could say would possibly offend the Gryffindor. The both of them belonged into the major rival houses of Hogwarts (as of other people would like to say). Artemis thought about what he just said. Not all Gryffindors are up to this. Good thing Artemis paused. Or else, a mistake would slide out from her lips again. She regained her senses and quickly answered. "...Never knew that." Muttered the Slytherin, not exactly sure if the Gryffindor heard her or not. She did not exactly mind if he did. She just told the truth. Her truthful response wasn't offensive. In fact, it was nothing but a simple statement. There was nothing to bother about. Unless somebody finds it funny which Artemis simply doubts.

Potions was just uninteresting. But Artemis has to deal with it. She wondered how math was connected to Potions. Was it because of the measurements? Probably. But she was never sure. She had no clue about what to do in Potions all the time. If ever she had a clue, it will lead her to nothing. Absolutely nothing.
"I could easily tell why." Joked Artemis with an evident smirk on her facial features. Artemis quickly thought about her experiences in Potions class with the Gryffindors. She never actually enjoyed it. Somehow, she thought the classroom was always warm resulting her to sweat easily. Or was it about nervousness? It doesn't matter. "I don't like challenging subjects." Artemis complained with a little annoyed expression on her pale face. Take for instance, Potions. She had trouble trying to figure out if ever the color of her potion is correct or not, even though she is referring to the book itself. If ever she needed to make a potion out of her own bare imagination, she would eventually fail through the days provided for the project. How the hell will she know what to put? How would she know the side effects? Will she experiment it using herself? Just thinking of the last question made her uneasily disturbed about the idea.

Artemis flipped back her memories just like flipping back the pages of the book. Greek Mythology never gave up to entertain her.
"Yeah. I know what that thing is." Artemis told him. It wasn't unusual to see that kind of word in the books about Greek Mythology. "How did a gorgon happen to be your boggart?"

Minoas was quite pleased that the topic about Hogwarts house was brought into discussion. He always wanted to express his opinion about that. "Now you can see what I mean. Your house doesn't say anything about you. You are just yourself and the houses are just a stupid excuse for a useless competition with points' deduction and addition." he said as he never could find any difference whether he happened to be a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. He was someone before arriving to that school and that didn't change because now his mascot was a scarlet lion. "Well if you ask me, at least they serve well as Quidditch teams." he said with a smirk while mentioning the only useful reason of houses' existence. "I can't wait for our second year here. We will be able at least to try out for the teams." he changed slightly the subject, excited just with the idea.

Minoas listened to Arty, stating that she didn't really enjoy demanding lessons and he nodded his head a few times, understanding why she didn't really like transfiguration. "Then it's just logical why you don't really like transfiguration. Although, I can't say that defence against the dark arts is a piece of cake." he added about hers favourite subject. It wasn't just reading and waving your wand. It needed dedication and hard practice. Dealing with dark forces and strange creatures, could be proved really dangerous. Speaking of creatures, Artemis looked interested about that boggart discussion. He wasn't sure whether is was generally boggarts or just his boggart.

"Well probably in Britain and here, wizards and witches have usually to do with trolls, gnomes, imps, blast-ended skrewts or maybe salamanders." he referred to some creatures that were probably quite common to New Zealand and Artemis' homeland. "Were I come from, gorgons as well as other...umm...deadly, dangerous creatures exist." he said with a knot in his throat. "I've never seen in my life a gnome before I came here but I'm used to the devastating results of larger creatures, becoming huge headlines in my countries magical newspapers. My dad dealed back then with large creatures. Greek Ministry of Magic is so useless, they can't really control them. You might be living in the countryside, get out in your garden and come across a chimera." he said remembering reading about that in the newspapers his dad was getting by owls from Greece.

"Thankfully, I haven't seen any gorgon myself except from my boggart's form but my dad has told me so many stories about those creatures. They are so horrifying!" he said as goosebumbs spread all over his body. "Now, why I'm really scared of the particular humanoid creature? Don't be really offended but I can't say that I really like serpents. If you know what gorgons look like, you'll get what I mean." he said with a sort of a wink.
"Okay we talked about my greatest fear but which is yours?" he asked interested, glad that he wouldn't have to speak any more for the creepy gorgons.

It was actually very obvious that Minoas had been wanting to express his opinion. Artemis listened first to Minoas' opinion, hoping that same would go with hers when she will tells hers. Artemis kept her expression in a blank gaze, averting it to Minoas' eyes. Artemis thought that what Minoas said was absolutely wrong for her. Hogwarts houses are there to compete with one another. That is why the Sorting Hat is present so that the student could join the perfect house that she or he belongs into. There was and will always be a purpose of that old and ragged hat. Obviously, it is because of the house that you will be placed in for you to hopefully belong with the rest. Artemis wanted to totally object. "You are so logical, Minoas." Artemis said, before she could get out an objective statement about his opinion. She flashed a small grin that meant she had no problem at all with what he just said. But if he just knew she wanted to object, Minoas would have probably be logical like always. Artemis moved her thoughts to Quidditch, wherein she wasn't that active there anymore. Her excitement did not blaze forth, resulting her to be calm and had no care at all.

Defence Against the Dark Arts is absolutely loved by the young Slytherin. She will never give up on that subject, hoping that she would have a grade of Outstanding in that subject for this year. It wasn't going to be easy, but she will surely make it. Ask her any question about it and she will answer it. Honestly, she has no idea on how she loved that subject. It will be complex through the years of their learning here in Hogwarts if ever they will have it as one of their subjects. Artemis just smiled at his sentence agreeing that Defence Against the Dark Arts is indeed complicated in some manner Artemis still enjoys. The subject somehow shifted into Greek Mythology. Specifically, a gorgon which is the Gryffindor's boggart. Artemis listened to what he was saying about his boggart. Explaining more about it in a specific term, actually. Artemis kept nodding ushering him to move on with his information. With everything finally said, Artemis wasn't surprised with the term, "chimera" but she was actually shocked when she heard the word, "Greek Ministry of Magic." Artemis never knew such a thing existed. Artemis chuckled when Minoas admitted them being scary (gorgons). She also could not deny that feeling. But she wasn't that horrified about its image that much. Artemis caught to the wink of Minoas and greeted it with a knowing smirk.

Artemis was not particularly sure if Minoas was just referring to her greatest fear of her boggart. Instead of asking, she answered her greatest fear.
"Darkness. As in pitch black darkness."

Minoas was having the impression that he was talking mostly alone during their conversation. Artemis looked expressionless, just nodding now and then, adding some short comments to what he was saying. He couldn't understand whether she was bored of their conversation or her head was overloaded with worries.
He decided that this wasn't something that should bother him. There he was. If Artemis wanted to talk to someone she had her chance. He just smiled when she said that he sound logical although he suspected that she might had a different opinion from his. Generally slytherins were proud like a gryffindor when it had to do with their house. So much for their blood status and their reputation after Salazar Slytherin's name. Minoas hadn't really study the history of Hogwarts but he could tell that Godric Gryffindor was way better than the rest founders. He was the acceptive one that decided that the muggle borns had the same rights and chances in magic as the purebloods.

His glazed eyes full of thoughs, turned their attention outside the window where there was complete darkness. Minoas listened at Artemis' greatest fear and his eyes widened. The curtain of thoughts disappeared from them as he worked out Artemis' words in his mind. "Then, you are pretty brave to be here right now." he pointed around them at the darkness that was reighing in the corridor. The only sources of light were their wands which weren't enough to cast away the blackness. "See? In the end you have some gryffindor qualities as well in you." he said with a smirk again and turned his eyes back outside the window. He didn't know if Artemis was offended by his statement but it was intended as a joke.

Artemis then thought about the darkness surrounding them at the very moment. It seemed that the temperatures seemed to drop for some reason. But nothing was to be found near them or at least, sneaking up on them. Her imagination went wild with all the things that could go on without the light provided by the tip of her wand if ever she did not have it. The simple spell made her actually feel that she was safe whenever she had it, not only knowing that she could not check out the stuff that was or is ongoing behind her. Artemis sighed, at the same time, nodded while moving her eyes towards the direction of her wand. "I have my wand." Artemis said simply. Actually, she referred to the "light or the glow" that is provided by her Fir Wand. The tip had an extreme powerful light that erupted from it. The light glowed like a flashlight that had newly fresh batteries by the muggles. She gripped the wand firmly making sure that it would not fall away from her grasp. Artemis smirked back when she saw that same smirk on Minoas. Her lips slowly began to curve up very slowly until it made her cheeks move slightly because of her lips' moving. Her intense blue eyes faced Minoas with such determination in them. She also wanted to bite back, just for fun. "Maybe same goes with you." Artemis smirk from then grew wider. "Perhaps there are some Slytherin qualities you contain, yourself."

Minoas turned his gaze from the window to the pale features on the girl's face. He offered another smirk as he realised that he had dragged her into wild thoughts. He even noticed that he squeezed her grip around her wand. He was right as she didn't ihesitate to express how safe she was feeling with the companionship of her wand. "Nah! You are still brave. I don't think you really depend on your wand. What if I was a bad person and I had disarmed you, leaving you alone in the darkness?" he pointed out with his question a really impossible scenario but he wanted to prove that you don't mess around with your fears unless you are enough brave to do so. He couldn't imagine himself entering inside the lair of a gorgon , even if he was sure enough that he knew a spell that could confront the beast.

He returned again his attention out of the window although he wasn't watching something in particular. The only think he could distinguish in the darkness was the total black outline of the mountain tops against the dark blue of the starless sky.
He smirked once more as she indicated the same thing for him. He liked the fact that she was countering back his innocent teasing. "You think so? Hmm...maybe you are right. Which is the best quality of a Slytherin?" he said with a wide smile as he was going to pick the best one if he was going to have one. He used to tease the people he liked and he certainly liked Artemis and her company. He was counting the girl as one of his friends. "Let's not talk anymore about our stupid houses. What plans do you have for your holidays? Visiting back England?" he changed completely the topic of their long conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back