Where It All Began

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Blake had rushed down to the pitch, nearly dancing all the way. He was excited to be flying again, but if there was anything better, it was flying with Lily. Quidditch was one of their common passions, and when word had traveled that Lily had been made Captain of the Ravenclaw team, Blake knew it was a cause worthy of celebration.
With his Emerald Streak over his shoulder, Blake passed through the gate and walked onto the grassy pitch. Probably his favorite place in the school. Seating himself down and setting his broom down beside him, he waited.

Lily skipped down to the pitch, her Streak over her shoulder. She was estatic that she was going to be captian this year, not having thought that would ever happen until Courtney graduated. She was ready to get back on her broom and start flying again.

Upon arriving at the pitch, she saw that Blake had beat her there. She practically flew to his side, she was so happy to see him. After having spent all summer with him, it was hard on her to spend time in the Ravenclaw dorms away from him, only seeing him at meals and in the halls. She dropped her broom as she approached, then tackled him on the ground and kissed him before rolling off of him laughing.

"Hi sweetie! I am so ready to get my groove back on that broom." she said between laughs.

Blake stretched out his arms as Lily dove into him, chuckling all the while and then returning her kiss. "Well hello to you too," he added as he sat himself back up. "And I know you are, Captain," he teased.
Getting to his feet, Blake held out his hand to help Lily up. "Let's get to flying then, shall we?"

Lily beamed as Blake called her Captain. She took his hand and stood up quickly. "I love hearing you call me that!" Her eyes gleamed with pride. "I am still in shock that I get to lead the team. I cannot wait! Tryouts I think are going to be next week." Lily thought about all the things she had to do to get ready and started to frown, but decided to hop on her broom and work it out in the air.

She quickly grabbed her streak and hopped on, kicking off quickly into the air. "Betcha can't catch me!" she cried over her shoulder, her laughter floating behind her.

Laughing, Blake quickly picked up his broom, mounted and then kicked off after Lily. "You just wait!" he yelled out, edging his broom forward with his weight. Suddenly Blake dived down, and directed his broom toward the grandstands and swerving to fly behind them. Hopefully Lily wouldn't turn her head to check if he was still on her tail.
Speeding forward, he then made a sharp turn hoping to cut her off her trail. "Surprise!" he bellowed when he appeared from behind one of the stands.

Lily turned in the air, scanning the pitch for Blake. "Where did you -- AHHH!" She screamed as he came barrelling out from behind the stands. "I am gonna get you for that one!" She made a fake mad face at Blake, then took off again, this time flying full tilt at the hoops at the end of the field. She decided to try a new move out on Blake, one he had not seen before from her, but needed him a bit closer before she did it. "Come on slowpoke! You are way behind!"

Blake smirked wider at Lily's reaction, and as she edged him with her taunt, he reared up his broom and kept on her tail. "Who's the slowpoke now?!" he replied, beaming. He then stuck out his hand and reached forward trying to brush Lily's back.

Lily laughed, then realized that Blake was in position for her to try the new trick she had been wanting to practice. As he reached for her back, she allowed herself to slide underneath her broom in a sloth grip, then moved underneath Blake's broom smoothly and quickly. She grabbed up, pulling her broom to his and making them fly under her command. She leaned backwards and pulled them into a dive, then back up and let go of Blake's broom. Quickly she righted herself, and took off laughing down the pitch. "How did you like that one?"

Blake tried to follow Lily's fast movements but quickly found himself hurtling into a dive. Had he not taken hold of his broom with two hands again, he would have probably tumbled to his death. Naturally, Blake let out a howl of terror. Once his broom was under his own command again and out of the diving position, he stopped and turned to watch Lily speed of down the pitch.
"Are you CRAZY!?" he bellowed after her as his pulse settled down.
A little more than embarrassed that he had screamed, Blake shot after her laughing at his silliness. "You will regret that one!"

Lily was still laughing over Blake's reaction to her stunt. As she flew off, she turned and giggled over her shoulder. "Oh, I am soooooo scared!! How are you gonna make me pay? Hmm?" She stuck her tongue out at Blake, then howled with laughter. She pulled her broom to a full stop in the middle of the pitch, then waited for Blake to catch up. As he approached, she giggled, flying off in the opposite direction as soon as he got close enough to touch.

"Bugger," Blake mumbled after Lily as she zoomed off in the opposite direction. A wide smirk spread across his face as an idea occurred to him. Gearing up his streak once more, Blake flew in her direction and then quickly dove five feet under her. Then without warning he made a fast upright turn to give the impression that they were going to collide, but then continued on to make a full 180 degree turn, tapping her foot as he sped away in the opposite direction roaring with laughter while flying upside down. Blake quickly flipped himself upright again when he felt he was a safe distance away, his laughter still echoing.

Lily momentarily lost track of where Blake was, slowing her broom down to try to assess the situation. "Where did he go?" she muttered to herself, scanning the pitch. Suddenly out of nowhere, she felt her foot tapped and then heard laughter. Without warning, she sqeaked loudly, then realized that it was Blake. "I am SO gonna get you for that one!!!" she yelled as she took off again after him. She decided to work on her agility, so she flew in behind Blake, following his every move. "Nice view back here sweetie!" she yelled in a fake mockery of him. She did not mind the view, but those emotions did not belong on the pitch. She shook her head a bit, then leaned in and kept on Blake's tail, moving as though they were on one broom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back