Where I Belong

Tanner Hanson

Wand
Yet To Be Decided
The new school year at Hogwarts New Zealand had started. Tanner now was a first year Ravenclaw, and proud of it. Though she loved the Ravenclaw common room, and even classrooms that she had been in as well as the corridors that she had spent the whole first day wondering in, but really Tanner loved the outdoors. It was the best place to hang out and maybe even play a game of anything.

Carrying her football under her arm, Tanner entered upon the lakefront. "Wow" She said looking at the view rather surprised that someone like her would stop and enjoy the view of something as simple as a lake. Though a smile seemed to play on her face as she thought about how many days she would spend swimming in it.

Placing the football down on the ground, Tanner decided it would be safe to leave it there for a bit. Afterall who would want to steal an overused football. Walking towards the lake, Tanner sat on the edge not caring at all if her jeans got dirty. A little dirt never hurt anyone. Taking off her shoes and socks, she dipped her feet into the water. Her mind drifted to the creatures she read about living in lakes and she began to day dream about meeting them all even that myth of a giant squid.

Jeeyan spotted human legs near the lake bank..She swam a bit closer and popped her head several feet from the bank..She smiled to see a girl on the lake alone..She really love meeting human and have them as playmates..She waved hello since humans cannot understand mermaids above water..

Tanner was looking out at the water thinking how she would stay here for a bit longer before she started kicking her football around a bit. After all she needed to learn more control with the ball so that the next big game she played in, Tanner would be the best.

Though out of nowhere a mermaid popped out, of course Tanner knew the mermaid was from the water so obviously teh water came from the water, it was was just an expression. "Hey" She said waving at the mermaid wondering if Mermaids could speak.

"Can you speak?" Tanner asked not wanting to waste possibly her only chance to speak to a mermaid with stupid looks and keeping burning questions within.

Jaz walked along the lake, trying to see into the deep blue, and failing. She spotted in front of her a girl, who had a soccerball by her. A burst of excitement came to her

finally someone who likes soccer! Wonder if she's muggleborn to? Or a tomboy like me? she wondered.

The girl looked out towards the lake and started to wave to something or someone out in the lake. Jaz followed her gaze, and almost tripped over her own feet. She spun her head to and fro looking at the girl and the.... Mermaid. A mermaid!. Jaz had heard that the lake had Mermaid's, but didn't really think about it further, and now she was seeing one, or was she just dreaming?

wow she muttered under her breath.

Jaz was quickly getting over her shyness and walked over towards the girl. When she reached her she said quietly

"Hi, I'm Jaz, is that seriously a Mermaid you're waving to?!"

Tanner couldn't help but be amazed that there was indeed a mermaid in front of her. First time out and I already saw a mermaid She thought happily. Still keeping her gaze as she felt someone else approach her. Usually Tanner would spin around hoping that the person wouldn't throw her in, but Tanner wasn't at home with her group of guy friends. This being known, Tanner doubted anyone would throw her into the lake.

Though as the girl seemed to be speaking, Tanner turned to head to face the girl who had come up. "Hey Jaz I'm Tanner and yes that is indeed a mermaid" Tanner added with a friendly laugh as she once again looked at the mermaid for a moment. Her gaze then once again settling on the girl. "I didn't think I would see a mermaid so soon. It was on my list of things to do in Hogwarts. I guess I can check that off now" Tanner added with a smile.

Jaz shook her head and laughed

"I didn't even think I'd see a mermaid, we should so go in for a swim! Do you wanna?" she asked wondering if this may be a bad idea, swiming in a lake with many 'creatures' wouldn't bug her though. Swimming with a mermaid would be awesome.

"The mermaid looks pretty friendly too" she added.

(( Can i join? :p ))

Sukie was a restless child, and as such, he never really agreed with the controlling concept of a classes. If Sukie wanted to explore the grounds to his hearts desire no matter the time, he should be allowed to. Water always seemed to calm him, and with the sun blaring endlessly, the combination of the warm rocky sand and the cool spring breeze was much more pleasuring then going to some Herbology class.

Making his way down the path with long, prideful strides he thought he could make out a two students across the pond. The water's reflection was blinding him, but he pick out the black hair a mile away. A smirk developed onto his face as he quickly made his way across. He didn't make eye contact with them once, but he knew that they had undoubtedly seen him by now.

"Mind if join both of you," he started nonchalantly, "I'm Sukie, and that's one beautiful mermaid.." He said it and then waited for the usual laughter that came with anything slightly comical that he ever said.

Jeeyan smiled and nodded to Tanner..She could understand but in water..Waving hello to the newcomers,she waved her hand as an invitation for them to jump in..This is going to be fun..,she thought happily...

((Of course you can join))

Tanner smiled at the girl named Jaz. Maybe Jaz didn't know about mermaids before school. Tanner of coarse knew but she wasn't sure whether she would see one or not. Truthfully she hoped so. Now all she needed was a centuar and a few other creatures that were on her list of things to see and/or meet. Yet as the girl named Jaz asked if Tanner wanted to go for a swim, she looked at football laying in the grass. I can play some other time she thought as she stood up.

Before this young Ravenclaw could dive in a boy joined them. "Hello" Tanner said Sukie Sukie Sukie She repeated in her head finding it an enjoyable name to try to say over and over again fast like one of those riddles. "I'm Tanner" She said as she took off her sweatshirt revealing a simple black tank top underneath. Her baseball cap falling off in the process having her long blonde hair reach it's full length. This would probably be the only time anyone really saw Tanner not with the hat on, but of coarse she couldn't go swimming with it on.

Setting both items on the ground in a bundle, she turned to both Jaz and the new boy named Sukie. "So are you two coming in or what?" She asked flashing them both a smile right before she ran and jumped into the water cannon ball style. A huge splash following her entrance.

Barbara wandered out of the castle and began to jog over to the Lake, she had left her football there the day before and badly wanted to find it. Although she had loads at home, she had only b. rought one to Hogwarts with her, her favorite. Her mum would only let her bring one, as there wasn't enough room in her trunk for any more, and she had been trying to turn Barbara into a girly girl for years!
Arriving at the Lakefront, Barbara spotted two girls, a boy and a ... mermaid? Her mouth fell open in disbelief, she had heard there were mercreatures in the lake, but she had never thought she would actually see one, especially not in her first few days at the school. "Hey, mind if I join you's?" she asked, walking over to the small group and re-positioning her baseball cap over her messy blonde curls. Looking down at her feet she realised her laces needed tied, but she had never been any good at them, and what was the point of tying them when they would just fall apart again in seconds?! And anyway, she already looked rather scruffy in her yellow polo shirt, yellow football socks and Scotland Football Team shorts. But hey, that was just Barbara!

Tanner came up to the surface of the water, breaking the coldness and reaching the sun's warmth. Treading water carefully she waited for the others to jump in, if not she would more than happily do a few laps by herself. Not that Tanner didn't want some friends, she just wouldn't move her day around people if they weren't going to do what they had first off suggested.

Seeing yet another girl come up to the lake, Tanner smiled brightly thinking about how this girl too looked like Tanner, well her style did mostly. Yes finally Tanner thought liking that she had now met two girls that were not annoying and shopping obessed as well as one boy. Perfect was all Tanner could think about her new meeting.

"Hey Sure Join away" Tanner said to the new blonde girl, as Tanner went under once more her blonde curls straightening with the weight of the water. "The names' Tanner" Tanner said coming up to the surface of the water once more

Barbara smiled brightly, "Tanner?! cool" she said with a grin, wishing she had a cool name like Tanner's, hers was a mixture between an old womans and a posh ladys! "Looks nice" she said, reffering to the water, as she bent down and swept a hand accross the surface of it. The water was cold but refreshing. Kicking her trainers off, Barbara took a run and pulled her knees up to her chest, cannon-balling into the Lake and making a large splash. Her clothes and hair were instantly soaking as a cold rush was sent through her body, she decided the next time she was to visit the lake, she would put her bikini or swimming costume on under her clothes. But for now she would be fine in her p.e kit! "Do you know any games we can play?" she asked with a grin, thinking that piggy in the middle in the water could be rather fun.

Tanner ran her hand through her hair messing it up just a bit more. "Thanks I've always been fond of my name" Tanner said thinking that she had liked that fact that it was different, not a common girl's name. Actually this young Ravenclaw didn't know many other girls with that name or any at all.

"Oh the water is nice come on in" Tanner said not really needing to say that. Without much wait the girl jumped into the water doing a cannon ball of size that seemed to even beat Tanner's. "Nice one" Tanner said laughing a little bit.

Her legs kicked harder in the water as she tried to stay afloat. She wasn't tired though. Laps and laps during swim practice helped her stay fit in the water. Tanner could actually swim for miles, well maybe not miles but she could swim for awhile.

"Games?" Tanner asked not knowing what the girl meant. Never had Tanner played a game in the water other than water volleyball yet there was only her football which could be used as a ball. The only problem was there was no net.

"Hi Barbara and Sukie, I'm Jaz" Jaz said introducing herself to the newcomers.

Jaz followed Tanner in the water, but first she had taken of her black converses and her hoodie, so she was just wearing her t-shirt. Jaz wasn't really interested in tight t-shirts, so she was wearing plain blue t-shirt that fitted but didn't cling onto her skin. She watched as Tanner and Barbara took their caps off, she was a little disappointed that she didn't bring hers, she thought that she may not find other girls like Tanner and Barbara who were tomboys like her. She wondered if Sukie would join them in the water.

She watched them cannon ball into the water, and decided to follow their lead. She splashed into the water making an entrance. She came back up for air, laughing. She then swam a couple of lenghts to adjust to the water, then stopped, and said

"Games would be fun, so what should we play" adding "We can use Tanner's ball"

Sukie smiled at three girls. "Pleasure to meet you Barbara, Jaz and Tanner," he said with a cheerful smile. Sukie then jumped into the water. "Wow, its so cold!" he said, as he flicked his hair with his pink fingernails. "I love playing ball, and that's great Tanner on bringing the ball!" he said with a big smile. Sukie noticed a flower floating on the surface of the water. He picked it up and slot it behind his ear, on his hair, like some Hawaiian girl. "I look so much pretty now," Sukie said in his girlish tone out loud as he smile at the girls.

"So let's play ball then!" he exclaimed, splashing water all around himself.

Tanner couldn't help but smile as all three of the others were now in the cold water. Great She thought happily loving that she had just been introduced to people who weren't afraid to jump into the water fully clothed on one of the not so nicest days of the year. Continuing to tread water she listened to both Jaz and Sukie.

Though Sukie's comment about the flower made her laugh rather hard. Wow She thought never meeting a guy like him before. He was interesting and so very different than the sporty guy friends that Tanner had back home in her muggle village. It was a nice change in Tanner's opinion.

"Ball it is then?" She said though her tone had a hint of question that probably wouldn't be noticed. Other than games with balls, bats, and such Tanner was clueless. Well she played tag once in her life but that was it. "I'll get the football" Tanner said swimming to the edge of the water and jumping out with ease.

Grabbing the ball, Tanner ran and jumped right back in, the ball holding up her like a floating device. "Hook a few of these together we could have a raft" She said laughing slightly at the idea of a visual image of someone floating in the lake on top of six or more footballs.

Barbara grinned as the boy and girl who introduced themselves as Jaz and Sukie, joined her and Tanner in the water. Laughing as Sukie put a flower in his hair, Barbara suddenly realised she no longer had her cap on her head. Turning she spotted it floating along the surface of the water, only half of it visible. Swimming off, Barbara grabbed it and flung it out onto the grass, before re-joining the group. Tanner then had her ball in her hands. "Brilliant!" she said brightly, grinning at the group. "So, what shall we play?" she asked, wondering if the others would like to plan a game or just throw the ball about.

Sukie beamed before mumbling Japanese to himself. He had slipped two pieces of sushi in his pocket earlier that day in case he got hungry, and now the sushi was soaked! "Eww, that's one wet sushi," he exclaimed loudly holding up the sushi to let the girls see. "Anyone wanna eat wet sushi?" he asked around, he didn't like to waste food, it would waste his effort of making sushi the night before.

Jaz laughed as Sukie pulled the Sushi out of his pocket and offered it round.

"Sure, but if I die I'm blaming you" she took the sushi and chewed it, it actually didnt taste to bad even though it was soaking wet.

"Wow, Sukie, your a Sushi master" Jaz exclaimed when she had finshed her mouthful.

Sukie beamed. "Thanks and I'll take that as a compliment," he added with a wink in his girlish voice. "Wait, wet sushi is tasty? Let me try," Sukie said as he bit into one of his gross, wet sushi. "I agree, wet sushi is awesome!" he squealed excitedly, almost jumping in the water. "Miss Jasmine, I think we just created the first Awesome Wet Sushi, i'm sure people will like it!," he suggested excitedly, turning as pink as the nail polish on his fingernails.

"And when people ask us, we just say its made up of Sukie's super-awesome sushi and lake water, this is gonna be great, trust me!" he continued enthusiastically.

"Anyone else wanna try our wet sushi?" he asked around.

Jaz laughed at Sukie and all his enthusiasm, he was one of the most individual people she had ever met -but she liked it.

"Awesome Wet Sushi, you could make a fortune" Jaz said the tone of laughter still in her voice. She glanced around to see if anyone else would try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back