Where am I?

Maia Purdue

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4 Essence of Phoenix Ash
Maia was drifting in and out of a fitful, unatural feeling sleep. She woke up, seeing a celing above her head she guessed she was inside. "Where am I?" she asked the empty space above her head. Once more she fell into a deep sleep. Throughout that time she was in darkness, with fire burning all around her. Inside her mind were demons, that she could not control. She woke once more. "Where am I?" she repeated. Someone had rescued her, but who and how?

Andrew apparated into St.Mungo's carrying his patient in his arms which was very weird for an entrance because normally Healers didn't bring in patients like this. Not bothering with all that he took her to the fourth floor which was for curses but at this hour of the night only a few healers were present all attending to their own critical patients so he took the girl into one of the rooms and laid her on the bed. She was gaining and losing consciousness and she asked of where she was. "You're at St.Mungo's and I am a healer" he told her hoping she had heard him. Quickly he summoned a few potions magically and placed them on the bedside table. He murmured a spell that would get her into full consciousness and put the calming draught down her throat. That was for starters until she trusted him and had a clear mind. "What's your name?"he asked her.

A voice, a man? Maia heard him, his voice was faint. "Ok..." she replied, a healer, she was safe with a healer. Something was put down her throat, feeling the cool liquid, Maia relaxed. She sighed, and suddenly her eyes opened. She looked over the side of the bed. There was a man there- the healer maybe? He asked her a question, dazed for a moment Maia didn't answer. Suddenly she felt the words leave her mouth, without her summoning them. "My name is Maia Purdue." She answered, looking in his eyes. "It's the cruciatus curse, he cast it on me.." she stated, calmly, but slowly. She felt helpless, she shouldn't have been beaten so easily. The pain had lessened- for now at least. Suddenly, a shot of pain ran through her and her eyes rolled, fighting it, she regained her composure. "How did I get here?" she asked the healer.

Andrew watched as the girl as she opened her eyes and looked up at him and spoke of her identity. His magical quill noted it down and then heard her speak of the torture curse like he had guessed but the question was who had casted it on her. He could only hope that it was some personal enemy and not anything involving the Death Eaters or he would just have to ask them about it and help them because although he always wanted to be a Healer he had choose this job so he could also help the Death Eaters in cases like this one. "I brought you here Miss Purdue"he told his patient as he watched her eyes roll and he guessed she was still in pain. Summoning another vial of potion he put it down her throat. It was an anti-pain potion that would keep her away from pain for three hours. "Do you know who put the curse on you and why they did it?"he questioned Maia as he gave her some draught of peace so she would be in peace by all means. "do you feel any better?"he asked her.

The healer gave her a potion. it was soothing, and she felt better. She looked up at the healer and replied. "Thank you, I think the man who attacked me left me there, to be found." She immediately began replaying the scene in her head. "When can I go home?" she asked. Lookinh up at him. Her mother would be worried, if she visited and Maia wasn't there. In reply to his question, she continued. "A man, dreadlocks, short-sleeved T-shirt. Not too remarkable, but he was p1ssed drunk. He fell over, off a bench. He thought I was laughing at him, and attacked me." She answer, taking a long breath.
She sighed, smiled and answered, "yes I feel much better. Thank you."

Andrew watched as the color in the girl's pale face returned and he could feel that she was calm and peaceful. As she told him her story on how she was attacked, he nodded, his magical quill noting it down. He was glad that it was just some drunk and she was not a part of a plot. "Do you live alone? If yes, then I suggest you spend the night here and I'll give you a sleeping draught " he told her. That would be best for her, to sleep it off here in the hospital. "But if you have someone worrying for you back alone than I could take you home, make sure you're safe and give you the sleeping draught at your place" he offered. Clearly she was out of danger now but he had to make sure.

Maia glanced over at the quill, writing in the air. "I live on my own." she replied "I'll just call my mother, she said she would call today and I would tell her that I'll be out." She looked around the room, to check if there was a phone there. So, she would be spending the night here. That should be okay. She had some interviews lined up, but could afford to miss them. "So, am I staying here?" she asked the doctor. Looking up at him, her eyes full of trust.

Andrew nodded as Maia suggested to inform her mother but 'call'. If she was referring to telephones, Andrew was almost considering the fact of dropping her back to where he had found her. "Yes, you're staying in for the night. I'll inform the midwife and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate in asking"he said trying to make his voice as polite as possible. "And if you would like to use the phone, that would well not work in such a place with so much magic. I suggest using an owl" he said with a smile. He looked into his pocket watch and noted the time before sealing the file of his patient. "Have a good night, Ms.Purdue"he said as he walked out of the room and told the midwife to watch the patient and release her in the morning after providing some breakfast.

Maia suddenly realised how stupid she had been, she was in a magical hospital! how would her cell phone work? "Thank you." she smiled. "I'll inform her when I'm home, my owl is back in my apartment." she smiled. She closed her eyes as the doctor left and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Next morning Andrew came to check on his patient and finding her well he told the midwife to release her after breakfast and carried on to his other patients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back