When Flowers Return

Cavani Laskaris

Wand
Knotted 10" Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Cavani had just finished up another day in the shop where she worked and she could feel the pressure of it on her shoulders just slipping away, Ava had her fun in the store, there was nothing complicated about being a shop assistant, it was easy, it was good and the former Beauxbatons had no pressure surrounding it, even growing to enjoy the owner and his oddness. She had gotten herself a small coffee, as the winter seemed to be setting in around them and far more used to the warmth of Greece or southern Spain or even Cyprus, the tanned girl was not at all used to this place, not at all used to the cold at all, but wrapped up warmly and with a small coffee in her hands the girl was hardly shivering. However, since it was a little earlier in the day than when she usually finished Cavani had no interest in going home, she just wandered around the village until she reached the little garden where the last of the summer flowers seemed to be dying, she smiled at little at them and let her mind wander until someone moved to stand next to her, saying something which just caused her to jump and then accidentally spill the coffee all over the flowers as she dropped the cup.

Kieran had not been back to see his family for a while, now. He had been in New Zealand for a while, but it never occurred to him to go and give them a quick check in. Kelsey wasn't around, however, and she really was the one he had been looking for. He loved Venn and Veronica, but they were just a little too odd, and young, for him to really be bothered with. That, and the pair just asked so many questions. He had to get out of the house. Wrapped up in more clothes than he was used to, Kieran trudged his way through what he considered to be a rather miserable day. He liked the warmth of Summer, and as Autumn came and went, he knew that he would have to deal with the chills of winter - but his body didn't seem to be putting up with it too well. He was making his way through the gardens of Brightstone, taking a look at the last glimpse of Summer he would have before Spring, and paused as he saw a rather familiar face. He was good with his facial recognition - but names tended to escape him as easy as the air from his lungs.

Naturally, he approached the woman. Either way, whether he knew her or not, she was certainly attractive and it never hurt to say hello. With a hearty greeting, he jumped himself as she dropped her coffee. "Awh, sh!t, sorry I startled you," he said, scratching the back of his head and picking the now empty cup to toss in the bin. "Hey, um, I'll get you a new cup, yeah? I was just about to go buy myself a coffee. Name's Kieran, Kieran Boneheart."

Dropping the coffee had felt like world slowly down, it had slipped from her grasp and landed firmly in the flowers she'd been looking at, and all because of being startled by the man who had stood next to her, greeting her warmly, and she looked round at him with a curious expression, "It's alright," she assure him with the smallest of smiles as she then just glanced down at the coffee soaked mud, not sure about if she would even be able to clean it up, but knowing she had to at least try as the man who startled her put the cup in the bin she took out her wand and with a small flourish cleaned up the coffee mess, leaving the plants exactly how she found it, and as the man began speaking again, Cavani looked up at him, and realised for the first time that he seemed familiar and it was only when he said his name was Kieran that she remembered him, from Beauxbatons, Ava smiled at him, as she recognised him, though they hadn't been close friends, she was still surprised and happy to see him.

The thing which surprised her most was how he looked, boy had he changed, he'd always been attractive, but he looked good now, "Yeah, I'd like that," she smiled at him, nodding lightly with a little blush reaching her cheeks, "I'm Cavani, Cavani Laskaris, but you'd probably remember me as Ava," she told him, a long winded way of introducing herself, "We went to Beauxbatons together," Ava wasn't sure if he would remember her, but she remembered him, and was happy to as well, Ava grinned at him, "You look good," Ava added motioning to him with a small smile, wondering what he was doing with himself these days as she wondered with a lot of the people she went to school with. It was natural Ava assumed to want to know what happened to the people she had once known, while it had only been a few years before, she knew for most that a lot would've happened in that time, and so to want to know was natural, she was sure others thought it of her too.

She really was quite stunning, but he could not kick the feeling that he recognised her from somewhere. He had a pretty active social life, so it was plausible that he knew her from some part of his life. She seemed to take well to his invitation for coffee, and he was quite happy about it - God knew he really needed a cup (or three) today. Whilst her face rung a few bells in the very back of his mind, her name was what did it. Beauxbatons, of course! How could he have forgotten? That cute clever girl a year or so above him. He'd had the worst crush on her, and really couldn't blame himself, she was still quite beautiful. Stunning, actually.

His ego was quite nicely stroked at her compliment, and he grinned. "Thanks, you look great, as well." He gestured for her to accompany him as he began walking once more. "Yeah, I remember you, actually. From Beauxbatons." He laughed shortly. "I kind of block out most memories from school days. Feels like it's been a hundred years since I wore the uniform, you know?"

Ava smiled fondly at the boy she remembered from her school days, how far away they seemed from that, and she couldn't help but think of him in school, while they'd never really said anything above a small hello, it was certainly nice to see him again, and god had puberty treated him right. The woman brushed a hair behind ears as she listened to what he was saying, complimenting him as well, and she smiled, blushing slightly as she did so but just walking with him, and just nodded at his statement, "Those days do seem miles away now," she agreed with a small sigh, "Better to be out of school, but still would be nice to be an adult without responsibilities," she told him with a small grin, "How did you end up in New Zealand?" she obviously didn't know much about the boy, she hadn't spoken to him much in the school and could only assume that he like her had eventually found their way to this country. Ava smiled at him, taking in the sight of his face as they walked to get some well needed coffee and couldn't help but be almost more than a little thankful she'd run into him, someone from so long ago but whom she hadn't really known.

It would be awesome to live a life as an adult without responsibilities. Really, Kieran didn't have that many, beyond rent and grocery bills, but it was still annoying. he was happy to live life as relaxed and free as possible, almost because of the strict structure of school - he just didn't thrive in that sort of environment. His current job, whilst not exactly the best, allowed him to not feel the pressure of a strict job, though making sure he clocked in the right hours was a constant drag. "Oh, I've got family in the area," he explained. "Two younger siblings attending the school and stuff. I think my sister's around here too, though we're not really on speaking terms." Connections between them had withered with the years, unfortunately. Once at the shop, he ordered himself some coffee and stood off to the side to wait for it. "What about you? Do you have a job or something, here?"

Ava always remembered him having siblings, or at least seemed to think that she remembered it, but given that she wasn't certain about that fact she knew it would be better to just not say if she remembered, or that she knew though the young woman was pretty certain about this fact. Ava just smiled as they entered the coffee shop, she and her older sister had never been on speaking terms, "If it helps, I'm not really on speaking terms with my sister either, life has this way of making things so complicated," she agreed with him giving a small smile as she too ordered her coffee, before standing to the side with him, "I bounced about a lot, eventually got a job here working at the Madam Malkin's store," Ava explained with a little shyness in her tone, though she enjoyed working in her job and found it definitely rewarding but there was a level of embarrassment over not quite having achieved as highly as she'd really desired to as a kid, or during her time at Beauxbatons. She took her coffee as it was handed to her and gave him a little smile, "It's good, good pay, not bad co-workers, pretty fun really," she added with a little smile, "What about you, how are you filling your hours"

Strangely,it did make him feel a little better. Having someone understand what it was like to not be on speaking terms with family was comforting. It was hard, not being able to rely on family al that much, but to their credit it had nothing to do with them, specifically. It was mainly Keiran causing the issues, what with his choices as of late. His occupation, his friends - it was a proper mess he was creating, and it was just easier not having them involved. "That I can completely agree with." Complicated, that was most certainly the word he could use to describe life in a nutshell. He sipped his drink as she explained that she worked at one of the local shops, and smiled and nodded, recognising the name, but not being a regular there. If he was, he would have most certainly tried to flirt with her, that was for sure.

"Congrats! Not many people can boast that they actually like their job," he replied, laughing quietly. When it was his turn, he shrugged a little, liking to keep the majority of what he did on the down low. "Usually I work out at the gym, or I hang around the pet store. I love their crups," he admitted, his smile growing wide and toothy. "Do you have any animals?"

Ava was glad that he didn't seem to think less of her poor relationship with her own family, which did make sense considering his. She gave a shy smile at the reaction he gave to her liking what she did, though she understood it, there weren't many people who did truly enjoy their jobs, it was a rare thing indeed. The woman just nodded, "Well, it's a hell of a lot better than most of the previous jobs I've had," she told him with a little smile, at what he said she couldn't help but giggle slightly, "I can see that, you just hanging around in a pet store, playing with all the creatures," it was true, in her mind she could see him doing just that, and it brought her a great amount of joy to think about, and she couldn't help but wonder if he even knew who worked in the store or if he just randomly turned up at them to play with the creatures, "I don't, I've moved around a lot, doesn't really lend itself to pets," she explained with a little shrug, "So, do you even know the people in the pet store so that they just constantly let you play with the pets?" Cavani asked, "You should let me come with you one time, I'd love to play with the creatures,"

He smiled as she spoke of her work. Being someone that had a love-hate relationship with his own job, he was happy to hear someone discuss their own profession with more than eyerolls and horrible stories or awful co-workers and inept bosses.. He laughed out loud, however, when she described his regular afternoon - he should have taken Care of Magical Creatures, but he realised that even that needed essay writing, and he was notoriously horrible at that. Quill and parchment work just wasn't his thing, and he doubted it ever would be. "That's a shame," he commented sadly, though he didn't exactly have many pets himself. he was always looking for more, though.

He scratched behind his ear at being asked if he knew them. "Ehhh, I'm not entirely sure I ever gave them my name, come to think of it," he admitted. "But I kind of begged one of the girl's that worked there to please let me pet one, and then it just went from there. I should probably introduce myself, come to think of it." He chuckled. "But I'd be happy to have you come with me! Just let me know when you're free and it's a... date." Smooth Kieran. Smooth. "If you like, of course." He coughed a little awkwardly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back