When Did That Mirror Get Here!?

Sanctuari Ellison

OOC First Name
Cole
There it was, the sun peeking from behind the clouds. it was the first time that Sanctuari had seen it all day, and it was growing close to dusk. There was something in her stomach, something that made her feel strange inside. She was thinking about Link, the last time they had met; and how bad she still felt for 'believing' in him. She couldn't remember ever getting hit this hard with emotions, she couldn't remember much no a days. She hated it, she felt weak, not knowing anything that might happen; or that has happened. She was seventeen, and as far as she could remember, she only had one boyfriend. Her current one. And they hadn't been dating that long. 'Remember, remember; there's got to be something.' She thought over and over again. Finally, after trying to peer through her clouded thoughts, she laid back. She was exasperated, and couldn't help but stare at the promenint gray circle in the sky. It was the sun covered in clouds, it would shine though. Maybe that was her, in the worst of moments, one ray would come from her memory, and she would remember it. She'd remember everything.

Sanctuari rolled over in the grass, cuddling in the fettle position. It was chilly out, why hadn't she brought a jacket? Her white tank-top hanging loosely around her stomach, she had lost a considerable amount of weight in the hospital. She looked so much more different to herself then normal; and worse she felt different to herself.

((Sorry, it's really lame. I don't have a muse right now.))

Dreama's long skirt swept the ground as she walked the streets of Brightstone again. This time her hair was tied up in a scarf and had a basket of wares that she intended to sell to the curios and gullible. Dreama didn't like fooling people but if it mean that her brothers and sisters could eat than this was what she was willing to do. Thankfully the things in her basket where not things like she had seen sold in Bleak street that could kill someone. The magic just wore off after a bit. Harmless really.

Dreama hummed a gypsy tune as she wondered hoping to spy someone whom she could sell to when she saw someone that she thought looked a bit like her. "Esmeralda?" She asked as she walked up to her. Dreama had a few siblings and there where a few of them that looked like her only with different eyes or different hair. "Esmeralda I thought you would be working the Harbor today." She said in their Romani language. Dreama was almost sure that this girl was family though there was a very good chance that she could be wrong.

There was a song in her mind to hum, something about the ocean? No, it was something else. She couldn't remember it, she was taught it by her real mother when she was younger. Sanctuari let a small bug crawl onto her hand, it was a lightening bug, she must have disturbed it somehow. She smiled and let it roam from finger to finger, listening to the bug hum. 'But lightening bugs don't hum'. She thought to herself. Quickly she sat up; it was a person, a girl she assumed. She then heard a voice. The person called her Esmeralda. Sanctuari heard more f a language that she didn't understand, it sounded really foreign to her, and she knew Latin which was the route of most languages. She turned.

It was as if someone put a mirror in front of her an d it twisted her around. Sanctuari sat there, letting her pink orbs absorb the image. She was a foster child, this girl even mistake her for a sibling; was there the possibility. No, she knew her family, she didn't even have a sister in her real family. "I'm sorry, what?" She asked. The loss of her long term memory killed her inside, because she might have known this girl, what if she had been Esmeralda? Everything was so shaky and blurry to her, she felt confused again.

Dreama was stunned by what she saw. Pink eyes. There was no one in her family who had pink eyes. This girl was Gadje for sure. "Sorry I mistook you for my sister Esmeralda. She is working in the Harbor today while I take this part of Brightstone and my brothers take another part." She said with a bright smile on her face. She hoped to make it up to the girl for confusing her further than she already seemed to be. She was even ready to give her a gift for the trouble that she had put her through.

Dreama looked the girl over and tilted her head. As side from the pink eyes the girl looked almost to the detile like her. Dreama's eyes where hazel to the point that it seemed like they shifted from brown to green to blue according to her moods. At the moment they looked like a mix of all three. "Again I am so sorry for the mistake." She said in her thick nonspecific accent.

There was an accent in her voice that Sanctuari now noticed. There wasn't an exact accent, not one she had heard before anyways. It was obvious that this girl was not from anywhere she'd been before. Definitely not Latin America anyways. Sanctuari smiled, her face became gentle and she shrugged. "It's okay, it's was an honest mistake." She said her voice gentle and whimsical. She stood up smiling a little bit more, she didn't want to seem rude. Sanctuari dusted off her rainbow patterned shorts, and held out her hand. "I'm Sanctuari." She said.

Like her thought shad told her before, she must be careful not to be too forward. She still wasn't completely aware of what bad things to look out for, and nobody could really be trusted. However, something about this look-alike made her feel at ease, like there wasn't anything to fear from her. The weirdest thing about it, is that if anyone else saw someone who looked Identical to them (save for eye color) they might have passed out. Two days ago, she might have passed out too, though.

Dreama looked at Sanctuari's hand then shook it.This was a Gadje costume but but one that she was familiar with. "Sanctuario, my name is Dreama." She said in Spanish because Sanctuari sounded to Dreama like Sanctuary would would have come out butchered so she said it in a language that sounded the same but it would sound right coming from her. "What where you doing laying on the grass?" She asked wondering what this girl would have been thinking about.

Usually when Dreama laid down to look at the sky she was looking at the moon. Her loving moon which made all things seem so small and manageable. Dreama had been in love with the moon all her life and now the moon took on human form within a man called Link. She remembered her lover that second and how her parents and family would most likely tell her to stop seeing the Gadjo because of the feelings that where going between the two of them. Still Dreama would not keep away from him.

Sanctuari smiled and processed how she shook her hand. There was no caution on her part, she didn't squeeze hard. This girl wasn't a threat, nor was she threatened. it mad Sanctuari feel good inside to know that people didn't fear her. She smiled, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Dreama." it was an odd name, though people could say the same about her name too. Another odd thing they had in common, their odd names. She asked about her lying in the grass and she answered to her, with a slight blush. "I don't exactly know. I mean, I sat down and then something just compelled me to stay there. Anything is better then being at home." She said with a slight grin.

Dreama had a trustworthy face. 'Watch out for her.' Her mind told her. She knew it was true, a trusting smile could not actually be trusted. She kept on a smile though, wanting to make friends, and discover the once forgotten self that she hoped she would be again soon.

Dreama could see that she could trust this Gadjo even though there was something about all this that made a bit uneasy. Again she would have to ask Nocturna when she got home. With all the advice that Dreama was asking from her eldest sister it was a wonder that Nocturna hadn't started to charge for her services. Then again anyone from the family could go to Nocturna for free to see what she saw in the crystal ball. "I know what that is like. There are times when the moon is so big and round over the caravan that I just have to stop and look." She said with a sigh.

This rememded her of one in the works in her basket. "This is one of the things that my father makes." She said as she pulled out a moon charm made of sliver. The Petulengro where known for their metal works and Dreama was particularly proud of what her father could create with a sheet of metal or two. "If you want I could show you what else is in the basket." She said with a gentle smile. She was happy to meet someone from New Zealand even if she was going to leave here after the Midsummer festival ends.

She kept her face in a permanent smile, but not a scary one. This girl, she was something else. The way she spoke about the moon, she was one with nature; that's the way that it seemed anyways. The sigh, she admired the moon. Sanctuari was told she used to be like that, always walking slow. Now she walked much to quickly, she hadn't even stopped in ages before today to look. She never appreciated it anymore. So in that small time, before she looked back to Dreama, she looked right at a tree, and saw a monarch butterfly. It was beautiful. The orange butterfly faded out of focus as she looked at Dreama again.

She smiled at it, admiration in her eyes. She wanted to see it, hold it. It was shiny in the few rays that broke through the clouds. "It's amazing." She said with a slight cough. It wasn't a sick cough, more of an amazement one, showing that it really had swept her away. Something that simple; it was what she missed about walking slow. The things she wanted to see more were the simple beauties in this world. "I'd love to see them, Dreama."

Dreama was happy to see that she and the Gadje girl where getting alone go well. It was rare when she could just talk like this with someone that wasn't a gypsy. They knew the trade secrets and this made them very close but it was nice one in a while to see someone out side the gypsy clans admire the work that they did. Dispite their reputation they where not thieves. Well hot usually that was. Dreama let that thought go when it came. "You know what I will give you a metal work in honer of our meeting." She said with a bright smile on her face.

Dreama took out one in the shape of a copper sun and handed it to Santuari. It seemed to suit the other girl more than the moon charm that she had shown her first. This was bad for business but Dreama had a feeling that her siblings had had more luck that she had in finding people to sell to. "Here Santuario all yours." She said kindly. Dreama hoped that she wasn't coming off a bit creepy but she felt like she could get to be great friends with this girl.

Sanctuari stared at the enchanting necklace. She felt a quiver in her stomach and she looked up to Dreama's face again, smiling more. This girl reminded her of herself; which was slightly weird considering her own situation. She smiled more and let her mouth fall open when the girl said she could give her a metal work for their meeting. She couldn't take it, but kept her mouth shut. It was rude to deny a gift, and if it was customs then she wouldn't want to mess with that. She just smiled and said, "Thank you so, so much, Dreama." She looked at the copper sun. It glinted in the light and it made Sanctuari smile more.

"You are so much nicer then most people I see around here. I must ask, and let me know if I'm out of bounds, but are you from here?" She had to know. The dress, the accent, and her customs. They were all so different. She wanted to know more about a girl that could become her friend so easily. She hoped that the girl wouldn't be mad at her, or wouldn't be offended by her wanting to know where she was from. She couldn't remember how most people reacted to it.

Dreama smiled wide. It wasn't that often that Dreama gave a gift to someone that was not of her family. "There is magic in it that makes so it turns into something like a real sun should you ever need warmth. All you have to do is rub your fingers on it once or twice." She said explaining what the pendent did. "The magic will fade after a while but still it's good right?" She said hoping that Sanctuari wouldn't think her a trickster for something like that.

Dreama laughed and shook her head. "I don't mind telling you at all. No I am not from here. I am not from anywhere. You see I am Romani, A Gypsy. We travel everywhere selling things that we have made and buying things that we need. I can tell you about so many places that we have been." She said her voice going a bit dreamy. Dreama loved the world like most people would love other people. Dreama could never stay in one place because she would miss other places so much that she would nearly die of a broken heart.

Sanctuari listened closely to the explanation of the object. She smiled more. "I don't mind that it wears off, it will be great." this girl had given her the perfect thing, because she got cold easily because of her anemia, and the copper color would go with nearly everything that she had. It was far from anything she would expect from someone that she just met. She would have to think of something to get Dreama to pay her back, whether she wanted her to or not.

"Wow!" She said with a smile. "I've never met a gypsy, and the only time I traveled is when I moved from Honduras. I couldn't imagine traveling all over. It must be beautiful!" She smiled and had the same dreamy look. She wanted to travel, go to North America, Germany; everywhere. She may not be good with planes, but she could deal with it when she knew what was waiting for her. "what are your favorite places?" She asked with a smile.

Dreama giggled softly. Sanctuari seemed to happy with her gift that Dreama wondered if she were not in fact from one of the Gypsy branches. Goodness knew that there were not many Gadje that appreciated what they where given from the heart. Dreama could see herself being very good friends with this girl for as long as she stayed here maybe even longer. "Would you write to me when I leave New Zealand?" She asked suddenly.

It was then when Dreama realized that she had been asked a question herself. "I could not proclaim one place my favorite because all places have their good points. I love them all with every bit of my heart and to pick one would impossible for me." She said then looked up at the sky. The only place she hadn't been was the sky even though she knew how to fly on a broom. Out there among the stars would be her most lovely adventure. "Honduras. Well there is a place I have not been. My father is working on making our way to the Americas next." She said with a small smile.

She smiled seeing that she was able to make Dreama giggle, it was like the world to her. Sanctuari, since waking up, was the type of person that wanted to make everyone happy. She had always been. If she could make someone's day better, or someone laugh and smile, it would make her day; maybe even her week. She frowned though. "Leave? Of course I will..." She thought for a second while Dreama spoke, and before she could ask her other question, she found herself talking about Honduras. "I was told I've lived there since I was four, with my adoptive family. And i used to cliff dive, I've seen videos."

It had to be confusing, she realized, hearing that a person was told and shown things. She hoped that she wouldn't have to explain everything, she just didn't know how she would. Everything still confused her. She then went on about the Americas. "It will be fun, trust me. I mean, I've only been to Latin America, but, being there was fun!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back