What's Your Problem?

Rudolf Lagowski

Farmer | Pheebs ♥

OOC First Name
Claire
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Maple Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Magazine in hand, Rudolf stormed out into the courtyard. It was unbelievable. Not one, but two articles suggesting his twin were less competent than himself. Had no professor proof read the magazine before its publication? The Gryffindor didn't bother looking for Reuben; he would almost certainly be hiding away in the Hufflepuff dormitory. No, Rudolf was hunting for either of the persons responsible for the articles, and it would be upon whichever unfortunate soul he found first that his wrath crashed down.

Spying Diane through the crowd, Rudolf marched fiercely up to meet her, holding up the open page. "'We know where all the talent went in the Lagowski family?!" he yelled, attracting gazes he didn't care to acknowledge. "What's that supposed to mean? Have you and Lennon got some kind of problem with my brother? What did he ever do to you?!" The boy paused for breath, and to give Diane the opportunity to explain herself.

Diane was always happy to see her work printed and it was no different with her latest piece in Hogwarts monthly. When it came to to her ranking the top ten best quidditch players in the school she knew she would have her critics. People would no doubt disagree with the people she chose and the spots she put them in, but Diane never imagined she would be called out so quickly. The Slytherin was sat in the courtyard flicking through the rest of the magazine when one of her features players burst through the crowd and stood before her holding the magazine up to her face. Diane wasn't looking but she knew what page he was holding. "Most guys our age would be flattered I know who they are, what's the problem kid?" She asked, her eyes still looking down at the magazine.

Once Rudolf started rambling on about his brother, Diane finally looked up from her magazine to look at him while he ranted. "Rudolf, I have nothing against your brother, he seems like a sweet kid, but any idiot can tell you're are the better player, now as for your ridiculous accusation that I have a problem with your brother, I'm a journalist, of sorts, nothing I write is personal," She sighed closing the magazine and setting it beside her. "You know you're cute when your angry,"

Rudolf pulled a face. If most guys their age were flattered Diane knew who they were, Rudolf wasn't most guys. All he saw before him was a mean, self-entitled brat. So what if he was the better Quidditch player? The Gryffindor considered himself and the Hufflepuff quite evenly matched, but even had he been superior in some way he would never have wanted it flaunted around the school in a stupid magazine. Diane's last comment caught Rudolf off guard, and he stared. "What?" he said, quickly shaking his head to rid himself of that horrible thought. "Look, if you value your stupid journalism over other people's feelings, that's fine. I'm not the one who'll wind up without any friends. But you made this personal the minute you alluded to my brother. You and that Ravenclaw. My brother is a good captain, and if I see any more of this bullying I'll take it to a professor. You got that?"

Diane raised her eyebrow, her comment seemed to catch Rudolf off guard but it wasn't long before he was off on a tirade. It was quite gallant of him to defend his brother like he was, no doubt one of the reasons he was in Gryffindor, but she did think he was overreacting. She had never insulted his brother, she had simply indicated she thought Rudolf was better than Reuben. "Listen, Rudolf, I'm sorry if you don't like my list, trust me you won't be the only one, but I didn't insult your brother, I offered my opinion that you are the better player, others will think different, perhaps some think you both suck, who knows. It just so happens I was the one who got my opinion printed, yes I laid into Hufflepuff a little but they are a bad team but I did not lay the blame at your brothers feet, don't take everything so personally, Lennon is the one who made him cry, I just indicated my preferred brother," She shrugged her shoulders and picked up her magazine, assuming the Gryffindor was done with her. It was a shame, he was cute after all.

Rudolf didn't think much of Diane's explanation, but he did soften a little. She was right about one thing - she hadn't made Reuben cry. That was Lennon's fault. The mere thought of it turned Rudolf's blood hot all over again. "Yeah, whatever," he said, unable and unwilling to find a better argument. "Just do me a favour and tell Lennon what I told you, yeah?" Rudolf dropped his magazine on top of Diane's and turned on his heel to walk away, trusting her to pass the message on. If she didn't, he'd just have to do it himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back