Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ivy
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
Flynn hadn't been looking forward to graduation because of the, you know, graduating. But instead, he was more concerned about the piece of paper currently tightly clutched in his hand. His diploma had already been forgotten about, scrunched up, and stuffed lazily into his other pocket. Maybe there were better times to make this announcement. Maybe he should have actually told his adoptive parent that he was doing this in the first place. But he was eighteen. He was an adult in his own right and didn't need parental permission to make his own decisions. And this was a rather big decision for him, clearing his throat awkwardly as he looked at the woman who had raised him like her own for the past five years and would no doubt continue to do so even now he was an adult. "Look, I know this is supposed to be my graduation and stuff. And maybe I should have talked to you about this beforehand, but I wanted to do this. So, um, thank you for taking me in and treating me like your son. Thank you for everything you've done for me. This is just my way of showing how much I appreciate everything you've ever done for me."

Feeling the heat starting to rise to his cheeks he awkwardly held out the official documents in his hand. Documents from the New Zealand Government officially confirming a legal name change. He wasn't Flynn North anymore. He was Flynn North-McGowan.

Siobhan had said good-bye to Kahurangi as she made her way through the crowd trying to find Flynn. The ceremony had been nice, and she was glad it was over so they could all go home and celebrate. Thankfully, he wasn't the hardest person to spot in the crowd, being quite taller than she was now. Giving him a wave, she went right up and attempted to go in for a hug before seeing a rather serious look on his face. Why did he look so serious? But before she could ask, Flynn started talking. Siobhan listened, a tad confused, until he handed her some papers. And Siobhan couldn't help but stare at them. But no matter how many times she reread the papers, the text did not change.

Siobhan could feel the tears starting to well up in her eyes again as she looked up at Flynn. "Umm, are you sure?" she asked quietly, looking back down at the papers. He wanted to thank her for treating him like her son, and Siobhan felt a twinge a guilt at that statement. Had she not showed him enough that he was her son? These papers proved that she had, or at least, she gathered they did. Tracing her fingers over his name for a moment, she looked back up and gave him a smile, trying not to let the waterworks start. "Thank you. And you never had to ask, just... thank you," she continued before giving him a large hug.

Time seemed to pause as he anxiously tried to study her face. Was she going to be mad he had gone and done this behind her back? But when he saw the tears in her eyes, Flynn wasn't sure what he was supposed to think. It was only when she looked up did he feel his tense shoulders start to relax a little. Firmly, he nodded his head. "I'm sure. I've never been more sure about something." He had never been sure about much in his life, but this was one thing he knew he had made the right decision on. And when she finally pulled him into a hug, Flynn couldn't stop his own tears, tightly wrapping his own arms around his Mum and burying his face in her shoulder.

Siobhan never imagined herself with much of her own offspring. After what had happened to her and her siblings, she couldn't imagine bringing a whole person into this world. But somehow, she had still managed fine with Flynn. He was clever and strong and so brave to go through losing both parents so young. And yet here he still was, graduating school and ready to start the next chapter of his life while she had been so lucky to be even a small part of that journey.

Siobhan squeezed a little tighter as Flynn hugged her back. She knew that these moments were likely to come even less than before. Looking up she noticed he was crying and pulled away before placing a hand on his cheek. "Oh no, I am the only one who gets to cry today. You get to be cheerful and excited," she continued as she wiped away one of his tears and stifled her own, "and go celebrate with Ivy and your friends. We can cry more tomorrow." Siobhan gave him a playful smile and another quick hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back