What'd You Abandon Me For?

Dominik Perrie

OOC First Name
Lovi
Sexual Orientation
deciding
Wand
Curly 16 Inch Unyielding Applewood Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Dominik Perrie had been pumping himself of to do this for awhile. All of the anger he had let build up inside was because of him stressing over this moment. Dominik always wanted to know who his biological parents were. He wanted to show them that he was doing well. They had made a mistake when they abandoned him. He walked up to the Owlery with the letter in his hands. He held the envelope so tight it was beginning to wrinkle at the edges. I couldn't be here for much longer. He felt like he was suffocating. He walked over to one of the school birds and attached the letter. He then took to the window. "If you come back empty handed, I will throw you away, and no one will find you." he threatened. However, Dominik's threat was idle. He would never hurt a person, let alone an animal. But, he hoped the bird knew how dire this was to him. The bird left, and Dominik left the Owlery. He was going to go sulk in his room, waiting for a response that may never come.

Letter said:
Dear Cailean Yakovlev,

Hello. My name is Dominik Perrie. You and my father abandoned me at that daycare your friend ran. Your friend adopted me, and I have called her my mother since you left me. I grew up with a bunch of siblings, and I attend Hogwarts New Zealand. I am a Gryffindor, the same house Harry Potter was in, and I am in my fifth year. I am passing all of my classes. But, I don't really excel in anything other than reading. I am trying to brag about how awesome I am, but I know that I am not doing a very good job. Can I at least get a P for my effort or maybe a letter back?

However, I am not going to ignore the huge elephant in the room this letter. So, why? Why did you two leave me? Parents are supposed to care for their children no matter what. If you two were not going to be able to take care of a child, there were precautions you could have taken to prevent pregnancy. If you both had been responsible, you could have saved me so much pain, and I would not have cried so many tears because of you. I would have been happy. Now, do not get me wrong. I grew up very happily with the Perrie's, and I still am growing up happily. But, it is clear that I am adopted. My other adopted siblings blend in with the family so well, but I am literally the black sheep of the family. I never let them notice, but the stares are annoying. They hurt. I could have grown up with you. Despite my many dreams of living with you, it seems that you wanted to live a life without me.

Please write back. I love you, even though you have caused me all this pain.

Your son,

Dominik Perrie

Petah had taken to bed for days after receiving the shocking letter, one that she'd hidden as soon as she'd finished reading, fearful that one of her children or her husband would come across it. She'd be lying if she said that Dominik had not crossed her mind every day over the past decade, and hearing the news that her firstborn was alive and well, well as well as could be expected, was enough to make the woman happy but also terribly guilty. But, the parents had moved on with their lives, Petah learning to live with the decision that they'd made on that fateful day. Petah still fell into bouts of melancholy every now and then, so much so that her family had come to expect it to happen on occasion. Even once she'd forced herself out of her bed, Petah had avoided the letter, not even wanting to look into the corner where she'd hidden it amid a pile of old recipe books. But, one day, nearly a month later, she'd replied and sent the reply off without informing anyone that she'd even received a letter.
Dominik,

I'm glad to hear that the Perries have taken such good care of you all this time. I always wondered and hoped they would take you in. I'm sorry, but I think want don't know what to say. We were young, stupid, and didn't think we had any other options. Believe me when I say that we thought we were doing the right thing by leaving you with the Perries, and you have never been far from my thoughts. I don't want to drag up any more negative thoughts, especially since it sounds like you've done well for yourself. I hope that continues for you.

Dominik had lost hope that Cailean would send him an owl back. His mother wrote him letters of comfort and his siblings did as well. The Gryffindor felt it was awkward that they were encouraging him so much because he felt he was betraying them. However, any adopted child would want to know who their biological parents were, and Dominik wanted to know his heritage. He was just a dark kid in New Zealand who had no roots. The only thing that rooted him to the ground was magic, and he wanted more than that.

When Dominik received the letter, he was livid. How could she not have much to say? The letter was an attempt to brush him off and push him away. It took Dominik a long time to write back. Cailean may have thought she took long to write a letter, but it was now May, and Dominik was writing back to the woman. He prayed for a better response from his biological mother.
Letter said:
Mother,

You may have thought hoped that I forgot about your letter; however, I will not let you off that easy. You say that I was not far from your thoughts all these years, so I will make sure that it stays that way. And I am a negative thought that you want to brush under the rug and hide? The thought of you and my biological father abandoning me brought me pain, but I never wanted to push it away or hide it. I embraced the pain of abandonment, and I managed to find you in hopes that you would take me back. It inevitably made me stronger. Do you not want to test your limits and become a improved version of yourself?

Why won't you open up to me and show me all that I have missed? Actually, it is all that you took away from me. Where is our family from? Who are my grandparents? Do you have siblings? Do I have siblings? Cousins? At least tell me about your siblings. Maybe they will be more willing to tell me the information that should have shaped my being all these years.

I won't let you forget me.

Dominik Perrie

Velma was in the midst of skulking around her parents room while they were away, carrying her favourite childhood teddy bear (a toy she still carried around at home and treated like a friend till that very day), and creating an adventure for herself while narrating the events as if she were the protagonist in one of the novels she had recently been reading when decided to dig through the waste paper bin by her mother's vanity. "Trash can say a lot about a murderer, my dear Watson." She stated, nodding to the bear in her arms as she sat cross legged on the floor. Placing the bear down, she reached her arms in the bin, pulling out a used tissue. "Eugh, we can write this item off." She said, scrunching up her face while throwing the tissue as far away as she could manage.

She shook her head before returning to the task, finding nothing of interest until she discovered a crumpled envelope. The address was illegible and it made Velma curious to find out more. "Watson, a letter! We could have a clue on our hands!" She unfolded the envelope and read the parchment inside, mouth dropping open in shock as she read the words. Suddenly she felt if she was genuinely caught within a detective novel and not the childish game that brought her to her parents room in the first place. "Watson.... we have an entirely new case on our hands! We must solve the mystery of the missing Dominik Perrie! To the office!" She shouted as she returned to her feet, clutching both the letter in her hands and her beloved teddy bear as she ran to her room to scribble down a reply.
Letter said:
Dear Mister Dominik Perrie,

My name is Velma Roman and I found one of your letters to my mom in her waste bin. If you're really her son, that would make me your sister and it would make you my brother! I've always wanted more brothers and sisters. I don't know why I found your letter so crumpled up and in the bin, but I am glad I found it. My life is so boring and this could be an exciting mystery to solve! An adventure to go on that is actually real!

Please don't let the fact mom threw your letter away deter you from replying to me. I will keep all of them in a secret and safe place where mom can't find them. I would like to know the truth and most of all I would like to get to know you so I would love if you replied!

Velma

Dominik had not expected such a quick response from his biological mother. It was close to the end of the school year, but when Dominik read the letter, emotion overcame him. He had siblings, and the parents who apparently thought about his abandonment everyday had moved on, clearly forgetting about him. But, there was no need to take all that emotion out on Velma. She hadn't known about him until reading his letter, which had been very threatening and would've scared him off if he had read it. Within a couple days, he had finished a response to Velma, his sister.

</FONT>
Letter said:
<FONT font="Arial">Velma,

I appreciate you writing me back because I know my last letter was written angrily. And, there is no need for formalities because I am only sixteen, so you can just call me Dominik. How old are you? What school do you go to? I attend Hogwarts New Zealand, and I am in Gryffindor.

You say you have always wanted more siblings? Is it correct if I assume that you already have some, well other than me now I guess. What are their names? I was adopted, and I have siblings too. I have three older siblings and an older brother, making me the youngest out of the family. I was born in Nampa, Idaho to our parents. I was then raised in New Zealand before they abandoned me with my adoptive parents. You shouldn't feel sorry for me because I grew up well, and I enjoy sports and memorizing books. I can tell that you like adventure and action. It must run in the family?

Where did you grow up? Do you like where you live? What are your grandparents like? Aunts? Uncles? I want to know as much as you do about our family. This is all very exciting for me, so I apologize if I am overwhelming you with questions or information.

Write back soon.

Dominik Perrie

Velma did not know, nor had she guessed how old the letter to her mother from Dominik was, so she was glad to receive a response from him within a few days. He seemed like a nice boy, and a courageous one at that as he was in Gryffindor and that was the house of the brave as far as Velma knew. She cuddled up to her teddy bear as she read the letter, and after hiding it under her mattress with the other letter from him so her mother would not find it, she quickly wrote down a response. Unfortunately her letter was not near as detailed as it should have been as he mother interrupted her halfway through her writing but Velma hoped the promise to meet in person to answer all of Dominik's, and her own questions would suffice.
Letter said:
Dominik,

I don't think your letter was angry! I think it was curious. I am 13 years old and I go to Ilvermorny in America. I'm in Thunderbird but I don't know what house that would be at Hogwarts! I really like that you are in Gryffindor. I hear they are very loyal and brave which are perfect traits for a big brother!

I have two younger siblings, named Katori and Tokorie. I haven't told them about you yet because I'm worried they'll tell mum and I don't want to get in trouble for sending you letters. I really like writing to you.

I'm really sorry this isn't longer, Mom just asked me to go shopping with her and I didn't want her to find out that I was writing to you. I know you want answers to your questions because I also have many questions that need answers. Is there a way we can meet in person? I think that would be a great way for us to talk properly without risk of getting caught. If you tell me where to be and when to arrive, I'll do my best to get there. I have lots of my allowance saved up.

Hope to hear from you soon, (and see you??).
Velma.
i'm sorry this took a million years, i'm the worst :erm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back