Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Jeremy skipped down the steps of the last landing and when he was standing at the entrance to the Great Hall and peeked inside. They'd decorated the place and it looked awesome, nothing like the place where they usually ate their meals. Jeremy wondered for a second if he should wait for his roommate or not, but then his thirst got the better of him and he stepped into the hall where a bunch of the students were already dancing.

Stepping over to the food tables, Jeremy's hands were full in no time and he made his way over to a seat with a glass of butterbeer in one hand and a giant gingerbread cookie in the other. Jeremy wouldn't be heading home for the holidays this year because neither of his parents were going to be home, but it was still a chance for the young third year to unwind and enjoy the night with his good friend.

Logan stood in front of a mirror. He was in a tuxedo that his dad had sent him. He was not used to wearing these sorts of clothes and felt really uncomfortable in them. He straitened up his bow tie and his black blazer before finally deciding to go down to the great hall. He walked through the practicably empty common room. He guessed that everyone was already there or getting ready to go there. Logan had always been quick at getting ready, although with an orderly family like his there was no getting out of it. Everything he did there had to be perfect and on time or else he would have to do it again.

As he reached the main hall he stood at the entrance and looked on for a few moments. People were dancing and having a goo time. It was so full and the room itself just looked so different. In a good way though. As he looked on he saw a familiar face by the food. A smile crossed his face. He found it funny that he was not surprised to see Jeremy by food. Logan walked over to his and slapped h on the shoulder. "Why am I not surprised to find you here. He joked. Logan had seriously grown in confidence since his first year here.

When Jeremy heard the familiar voice of his roommate, he chuckled. "What?" he asked, his mouth full of cookie as he finished chewing and swallowing what remained in his mouth. Glancing down at his black blazer, he brushed off a few stray crumbs before looking back at Logan. "I was hungry. I haven't eaten since...like three hours ago" he said, chuckling again.

He grinned at his friend, the one person he was the least shy around. Logan saw him last thing before he went to bed when he was looking dreadfully zombie-like and first thing in the morning when he was sporting all kinds of bedhead. And he dealt with Jeremy's snoring, so Jeremy couldn't help but feel comfortable around the guy. "Do you have a date?" he asked, realizing that he hadn't asked his friend that in the weeks leading up to the ball. All of the girls around the school had become all giggling and gossiping over the past few weeks, and Jeremy had been avoiding thinking about having to do what he dreaded most: asking a girl to be his date. So, he had avoided it, but now he didn't have a date and was kind of bummed out about it, especially when he took a look around and saw how pretty some of them looked.

Logan laughed at jerey and his mouth full of food. He couldnt actually understand what he had just said but it sure sounded funny. "Yeah say that again without food in your mouth this time." He joked. "Wow three hours. Life time. I dont think i have eaten since yeasterday." He said deciding that it was probably best to eat something, even if he wasnt hungry. Logan picked up a cookie and nibbled on it. It taste like cardboard to him but he guessed that was because he wasnt in the mood to eat.

Logan looked around the hall. He saw a few people which he recognised who were dancing or talking to their dates and friends. Logan would have gone and said hello to them but he was content with Jeremy's company right now. He looked back to his friend as he spoke. Shaking his hed Logan answered. "Nah i dont. I would rather come here with a friend than with a date. Not big on the whole girl thing at the moment." Since he and Lily had split up around a year ago Logan had tried to stay away from girls. He wanted to concentrate on his school work than on dating. "What about you then? Which unlucky girl has come with yuou." He said with a huge smile on his face as he joked again. Logan found it a little strange how he was so different with Jeremy than anyone else. He was really jokey and happy with him. Not like how he was with others.

Jeremy's eyes widened. He couldn't even imagine what it would be like to not eat for an entire day. He would probably be really grumpy if that happened. He finished off his butterbeer and looked around the hall, wondering what Logan was looking at. He listened to his friend speak and then nodded his head, agreeing for the most part. He wasn't really interested in any of the girls at the school.

"No date this time around...I guess I'm stuck with you" he said with a shrug. Jeremy had considered asking Elspeth if she wanted to go with him again. They'd had a decent time last time. But, then he hadn't. Two yule balls in a row? He feared that people might start thinking they were a couple or something. "So do you think we should do something?" he asked his friend with a shrug. There were plenty of other people they knew around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back