What to do now?

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abbey woke up quite early - even for her. She had sat on her bed for twenty more minutes before changing into some clothes that were too big for her petite figure. She walked out of her dorm room and common room as she put her hair up into a loose ponytail. I hope I don't get in trouble for being out this early, she thought delicately as she walked out of the castle.

Abbey sighed gently and headed down towards the lake, she needed to think about everything with out talking to her, she didn't have the chance to be by herself in a long time and it was getting harder and harder everyday. She needed to find away to get over her fright of the man that hit her constantly, she didn't have the scars or bruises any more why was she still scared? Or was it normal to be scared still?

Abbey sat down at the lake front and hugged her legs to her chest and set her gaze upon the water, tears filling in her bright violet eyes as she thought to herself. "I need Mom and Dad," she whispered to herself then blinked her tears away quickly. Abbey took out a photo that she had of her mom and dad on their wedding day and frowned. What do I do now? she thought and looked up at the sky as if asking her deceased parents what to do.

The night before had been a quiet and boring one that saw to Blake heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. Rolling out from under his covers in the morning, Blake stifled a yawn behind his palm and glanced around himself to check if his roommates were up. None of them were to Blake's disappointment, and so for the lack of nothing to do, Blake slipped into his shoes and pulled a plain sweater over his head, figuring a walk would do him some good.
It wasn't long before Blake found himself walking on the lakefront, and to his pleasure, the area appeared deserted, save for a familiar looking girl who was curled up under a nearby tree. He remembered that she was a Slytherin, like himself, and wondered if it would be rude of him to simply walk her by. So pulling on his simplest smile, Blake approached her and waved to catch her attention. "Morning."

Abbey jumped in surprise when she heard a boys voice, she turned her head sheepishly towards the boy and blinked her tear ridden violet eyes and flashed him a smile. "Hi," she said in a shakey voice. Abbey tucked away the photo of her parents and wiped her eyes quickly. She set her gaze back towards the boy, she vaguely remembered seeing him in the common room, but she wasn't sure, she avoided the common room as much as possible.

"I'm Abbey Lurken," she introduced with a smile and a polite nod of her head wondering if the boy actually wanted a conversation or was just saying good morning, if he was she felt like a fool, though she already did, she showed her emotions, and she didn't like to do that. Crying is for the weak, she reminded herself firmly as she ran her fingers through her long wavy hair.

Blake smiled back kindly, unsure now if he had intruded in the poor girl's privacy. When he saw the glint of violent in her eyes, he couldn't help but blink twice over, wondering if it was just him imagining things or a trick of the light. "Are your eyes purple or is it just me?" he asked, curious yet disbelieving. He had never seen something so strangely peculiar.
"I'm Blake Zepline by the way. Fourth year," he added, realising he was being rude in not following suit and introducing himself to her.

Abbey felt her eyes begin to roll when the boy asked her if her eyes were purple but she stopped it before they did and she said, "Yes they are." She smiled proudly, she loved that she had been lucky enough to inherit the same violet eyes that her Mom had. "Pleasure I'm sure," Abbey said to Blake with a grin.

Blake nodded, brushing of the oddity in having purple eyes. It was nice to be different than everybody else. "So what brings you out here this early in the morning?" he asked, for lack of something better to say.

posting as:

Abbey bit her lip at Blake's question and said simply, "I couldn't sleep, and I like the lake." She flashed the older boy a warm smile then returned his question, "And yourself?" She sighed gently as her previous thoughts consumed her, they always seemed to do that, and she never had much control over it, it was quite irritating.

"Couldn't sleep, huh? Me too, except that's only because I would have overslept. I went to bed way too early last night," Blake explained, kicking a nearby rock into the lake and watching the ripple effect. "It's strange. I don't normally talk this easily to younger students." Shrugging his shoulders he turned to offer Abbey a smile so that she wouldn't accidentally take his comment to be offensive.

Abbey shrugged her shoulders and said honestly, "I usually speak with older students with much ease." She smirked with her eyes and said, "I have a maturity and intelligence level that even someone in their sixth year or higher cannot begin to comprehend, but alas I have innocence of youth against me." There was a fair bit of sarcasm in her tone at her last comment but over all it was true. When she had said intelligence she gave the older Slytherin a look that showed that she meant street smarts and that she knew this for a fact. "Never mind the fact that I find people my own age quite insufferable," she added quietly.

"Ah, that's probably it then," Blake replied, chuckling at Abbey's remark. "I hope you don't find me insufferable," he added with a broad smile. "So how are you liking Hogwarts so far?" he asked thoughtfully. His first year had been perhaps his best year, and he was quite disappointed now that he had missed out the second semester that year due to a family crisis.

Abbey chuckled at Blake's comment and said, "Well you're not in your second year so you're not insufferable are you?" She bit her lip as she thought of her answer to his question then she said quietly, "It's alright, I don't really see much of a difference between either Hogwarts, to be honest."

"Too true you are. I simply assumed I might rub off as insufferable since you mentioned your maturity level is perhaps that of a sixth year." Blake smiled and nodded at Abbey's answer to his question. "Well it's good to see you at least think it's 'alright'. I can imagine most transfers thinking this place is rotten in comparison to the 'main branch'."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back