Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It had been a surprise to April when Perry asked her to the Valentine's Dance. The two had had a fun time together at the Yule Ball, so it hadn't been a hard decision to say yes. But now that she was waiting for him to arrive and seeing all the other couples greeting each other and going into the Great Hall, April felt a nervous fluttery feeling in her stomach. She had really liked talking to Perry at the Yule Ball and when they were playing sports, so she didn't think she would be bored, but she was starting to wonder if maybe there was more to this than a simply friendly night. April had gone to events with friends before, but now that she was a bit older there was a more distinct possibility of a date. Was that what this was? It did feel a bit different. Did she want it to be a date? Why was all of this occurring to her only now? If she had thought of it before she could have asked October for advice, but it was too late for that now. Though, October seemed to be going with Tristan Collins despite April's warnings about him, so maybe she wasn't always the best one for advice about this stuff. Kauri wasn't really an option either, as she wasn't sure if it was still a sensitive subject for him. Who would be a good option, then? Her dad was definitely not an option. Shifting her weight from foot to foot, April looked around for any sign of her friend. All she seemed to see suddenly were romantic couples holding hands, and it only added to her nerves. Suddenly, she really didn't know what this night would go. A few of her friends had started dating, and April had always scoffed at them as all that romantic stuff seemed silly to her. But now, everything seemed less clear. But there was also the possibility that she was making things up in her mind and they really were just going as friends. Maybe she just had to ask Perry when he got here.

Perry had been so nervous when he had asked April out for the dance. Perry had enjoyed the Yule ball and it seemed like the Valentine dance would be similar happening to that. When April said yes Perry was over the moon excited. He wanted to make it a special evening for April and that meant he wasn't attending the ball with his regular clothes. Perry asked his parents if they could send another suit, since the last one was also a hired one. Doing things with April was amazing, even the small things like talking to April was amazing. Perry felt something for April, like he wanted to protect her from harm. He wanted to be there for her. Perry had done his hair and made sure everything was perfect for April. He was scared that he wasn't good enough for her. April seemed to have so many friends and although he was excited that she had said yes, he felt the pressure of making the evening perfect for her. Perry was done he had been thinking about the ball for so long there was nothing left to do anymore. He had brought a flower with him and walked to the Great Hall to see if April was already there. He had thought of bringing a rose, but that was just too simple. When Perry arrived he spotted April, she looked lovely in the dress she was wearing. ''April, you look amazing!'' Perry said with a big smile on his face. He wanted to put the flower behind ear so it would stick in her hair. He didn't want to ruin her hair so he had no clue how to do it.

April was never very good at standing still, and when she was nervous that only got worse. She was twisting her hands together nervously as she waited for Perry to arrive, but stopped when she spotted him and watched him approach. She broke into a smile, though her nerves hadn't entirely left her. The girl knew she wasn't hard to miss in a crowd, as she was a tall girl for her age, but she was still a bit relieved Perry didn't seem to have any problem finding her. His compliment made her cheeks heat up a little, but she was glad that wasn't visible with her darker skin. It was then that she noticed the flower, and she looked at it for a moment in confusion before glancing up at Perry. "Perry! Hi! You look really nice too! Is that flower for me?" She asked, suddenly a little hesitant. That definitely seemed like it was something someone did on a date. Unless it was for someone else, or maybe he just wanted to bring a flower! April felt a little frustrated not knowing what was happening exactly, and just hoped she hadn't been expected to bring something as well.

Perry had never been romantic he did like Geo, but he had been way too shy to say something. He was over her now, he didn't care about her anymore. With April it was different he felt happy and when April smiled he felt all warm inside. ''Yeah, I grown it myself actually'' Perry said shyly, he had asked the herbology Professor if he could get a small plot of dirt to plant some flowers in and with the weather in New Zealand everything grew perfectly. Perry loved flowers and plants they made him happy. ''When I saw the flower I thought of you, your personality suits the flowers perfectly'' Normally Perry wasn't much of a talker and that showed. He was stumbling through his sentences and hoped it didn't bother too much for April. He didn't want to ruin her evening. Perry didn't know how to be romantic, so he had no clue if girls even liked flowers that boys grew themselves. What if April hated herbology and found it stupid that he had a little garden. Perry was thinking way too much and he only hoped that he could be the chill guy he was when he was outside playing some muggle sport. April was the seeker of the Hufflepuff team so if he failed or did something wrong the whole team would probably hear it. ''Shall we join the dance officially?'' Perry spoke softly and raised his hand so April could take it. Perry his cheeks turned a slightly shade of pink, it was all so new for him.

April was glad to hear the flower was for her, and then realized that maybe she did want this night to be different than the times she attended events with Kauri. She realized with a jolt that Perry and Kauri were roommates. Had they ever discussed her? She would have to ask Kauri about it later. Her eyes widened a bit when Perry admitted he had grown the flower himself. "Really? Like, at home? Or here at school?" She asked, curious about what he meant. She smiled when he said her personality suited the flowers, as it reminded her of a recent conversation she'd had with October about flowers. She took the flower from him. "Thank you, do you grow other plants too? You must be good at Herbology." She said, thinking out loud. The girl liked Herbology too, but that was mostly because it was one of the flew classes where they got to go outside and spend time doing stuff rather than listening to lectures. She put the flower behind her ear, and grinned. "Yes!" She said in answer to his question. And after only a moment of hesitation, she took his hand. April decided she was going to stop thinking so much, it wasn't like her. Instead, she was just going to enjoy this evening with Perry and see where it went.

Perry was nervous he hadn't realized it at first. He had been so busy with the preparations that he didn't have time to feel anything. Now everything was falling into place he started feeling the nerves. When April asked what he meant with growing the flower himself he smiled. He was vague and it wasn't normal to grow plants at Hogwarts outside of class. ''Well I also have a herb and vegetable garden at home, but at school I grow flowers.'' Perry explained ''Flowers are easier, since they don't require as much attention as vegetables they aren't going to get eaten by snails or birds'' Perry was such a herbology which made it easy to talk about the subject. ''Herbology is my favourite subject'' Perry laughed, it was the only one he did the homework for. ''Being outside to be one with nature is the best'' Not that Perry was going to go nude and dance around some trees outside, he did love seeing plants grow and eating a carrot that you have grown. Perry knew April was in his fourth year herbology class, so she must have some love for the subject. ''Maybe when this dance is over and we had a good night sleep I can show you my secret garden'' He did want to show April his garden, so that maybe was more so it still stayed a choice for the girl. When April took his hand Perry led her into the hall. People were already dancing and some people were already drunk on pumpkin juice. Perry laughed and looked around. ''What do you want to do first, grab a drink? ehh.., you dancing like a pro, me dancing like a pickle?'' Perry had tried to learn to dance better, but he still sucked at it. He wasn't elegant or nimble, he was used to force and quick strikes. He was build to play soccer, which didn't go well with the softness of dance.

April was interested to learn more about Perry, and as they talked about normal things she started to relax a bit more. She was no longer going to pay attention to any couples, though she did glance around to see if she could spot October with that horrible Tristan as they entered the hall. It was interesting to hear Perry grew flowers at school. April was so busy with Quidditch, it was sometimes hard to remember other non-sports related hobbies existed at the school as well. "Where do you grow them?" She asked, smiling as she listened to him explain why he had picked flowers instead of vegetables. "It's one of my favorite subjects too! Though I'm not very good at it. The growing bit, at least. My dad taught me a lot of different plants that were used in potions when I was small, so I am pretty good at finding and identifying certain plants." She knew a lot about magical plants, but didn't have a green thumb like Perry apparently did. Her father's past as a Potioneer had caused her to see plants mostly as something to use in potions, though she could appreciate a pretty flower like the one he had given her. "I love being outside too! Though I guess you knew that. We usually run into each other outside." She said with a grin. "I didn't know you liked stuff other than sports, but I'm glad you love Herbology too! And I'd like to see your garden! It being secret sounds mysterious." She said with a nod. "I'll do my best not to kill anything while I'm there." She added as a joke. The hall was packed with people dancing and having fun, and April's spirits lifted even more. She always loved the atmosphere at these dances and thoroughly enjoyed being there. Which is why she usually attended even without a date or fancy dress. Perry's comment about dancing made her giggle, but it also really made her want to dance. "Dancing!" She said with a definite nod. "Dancing like a pickle sounds like fun, maybe you can show me how to do that." She said as she nudged him before she pulled him over to the dance floor. April would never pass up an opportunity to dance.

Perry noticed that April was glancing around and it looked like she was trying to find something or someone which made him even more nervous. It probably was nothing and Perry didn't want to push on it. She was probably just searching for a friend of hers. ''I grow them close to the greenhouse so that I have everything close by and its easier that way'' Perry smiled it was fun sharing about these kinds of things. When April said Herbology was one of her favorites as well Perry felt all warm inside. If it was someone else telling him this it wouldn't give him this feeling, he was sure of that. ''I can teach you some growing techniques if you want'' Perry smiled he wasn't a professional or anything, but all of his plans turned out fine in the end. He only killed plants and grass when he was outside playing soccer. Perry nodded when April said she loved being outside as well. Each time they had seen each other Perry had been outside, which wasn't a coincidence. Perry didn't like to be indoors he loved everything the outside world had to offer. Perry laughed when April said the garden sounded mysterious, it wasn't that big and it only contained a couple of different types of flowers. ''Hmm, you can help kill the lice that are trying to eat the leaves'' Perry said with a wink. He knew she wouldn't even harm a fly. When April said she wanted to dance Perry knew she did it to tease him. That look on her face said enough. Before he could do anything April had already pulled him onto the dance floor along with all the other dancing couples. ''Well, since I offered you some herbology tips and tricks, do you mind sharing some dancing knowledge with me?'' Perry wiggled awkwardly and called that it the pickledance. ''Since I don't actually think you like the pickle dance'' Perry laughed he actually liked being around April.

April nodded when Perry said his garden was close to the greenhouses, as that made sense. She nodded when he offered to teach her some gardening techniques. "Maybe I can start my own secret garden until it's better than yours." She said with a grin. "Though I don't think that will be easy." For April, everything was a competition, even if she meant this jokingly. She giggled as he said she could kill the lice. "I can try, but my technique of stomping on them might hurt your plants." She said apologetically. "I don't know how else to kill them, though there might be a potion for that?" She'd have to ask her dad, he was sure to know. April was glad Perry didn't protest her decision to go dancing. It was a dance after all, it would be a waste of the evening if they didn't dance at all. "There's only one rule to dancing." She said with a serious face as she started to move to the music. "And that rule is to have fun and not care about what anyone else is thinking." She grinned widely and spun around. "And I do like the pickle dance, so there." She said, sticking out her tongue. "C'mon, just have fun! Dancing badly is almost more fun than dancing well!" She honestly didn't think she had any better tips for him at the moment. This wasn't the time for a serious dance lesson, it was time to have fun and worry about nothing. She started to make silly moves on purpose, hoping it would make him feel more at ease.

When April said she was going to grow her own secret garden Perry smiled. He knew she was extremely competitive. Which only made him want to put more work in his garden. ''Maybe you will beat me one day, miss competitive'' Perry smiled and looked at April. She was beautiful, her skin was soft and it had a shiny hue to it. ''I tried to use depulso on the lice, but it didn't work'' Perry said with a sad tone in his voice ''Accio didn't work either I thought I could jar them afterwards and feed the lice to a bowtruckle they love them you know'' He knew they loved woodlice, but what was the difference. ''There might be a potion, I have no clue really I am not very skilled in potions'' Perry explained while looking at the ground. Telling the most competitive girl at the school he wasn't very good at something wasn't very fun to do. April was right about the dancing, he shouldn't worry about steps and how he would look. He only was there for April her enjoyment so if she was having fun so would he. ''Lets have a lot of fun then'' While Perry said that he twirled April around, just like he had seen in some movies. After that Perry started to move, he didn't think about how it would look. ''You are right this is fun'' Perry smiled and started to do more variations on his so called pickle dance.

April laughed but shook her head. "Honestly, I don't have the patience." She said, knowing herself well enough by now. If she ever tried, she knew she would do her very best for a few days but lose focus afer that, leaving the poor plants to die lonely deaths. She nodded as Perry explained what he had tried on the lice, and how it hadn't worked. "I can ask my dad about a potion? Or we could ask Professor Pendleton." She mused, glancing around to see if she spotted the professor anywhere. "Though maybe not right now." She added after a moment. April was glad Perry was on board with dancing just to enjoy themselves, and she laughed as he twirled her around. She grinned encouragingly at him as he started to add variations to his dance moves, and then unthinkingly grabbed both his hands and started spinning around with him. "See? Just do what feels natural!" She said after a few rounds, then she let go again and smiled a little nervously. She had told herself to stop thinking so much, but it was hard not to worry when things felt so strange. She hadn't thought about grabbing his hands, but now that she had held them even just to dance, she couldn't help wondering if he thought that strange.

Perry smiled broadly when April said she didn't have the patience for her own garden. It meant he didn't have to put extra effort in his so he could beat April. April had a competitive streak, Perry's wasn't far off. Perry didn't even know who April's dad was, was he some famous potion maker or Professor somewhere. ''Is he good at potions then?'' Perry asked curiously, he obviously knew Professor Pendleton, but he was way too woolly and seemed to be stoned all the time somehow. ''I must admit, I rather ask your dad if he is a famous potion maker or something'' Perry laughed, he didn't want to explain his thoughts on Professor Pendleton to someone he really liked. ''No, definetly not right now, now is the time for silly dances'' He said while adding another awkward wiggle. When April grabbed his hands he felt all warm and gooey inside. It was an incredible feeling he had never felt before. April was spinning both of them around and Perry smiled. It felt so natural for her, which was something Perry noticed with everything she did. She was somehow good at everything she did. April seemed to be a perfect ballerina, but could also do a brilliant hip-hop routine it seemed. When she let go Perry actually felt sad, he liked her hands in his. They somehow fitted perfectly in each other. ''You should just lead me around, It looks way better than me wiggling around.'' Perry smiled ''So what do you think of this dance so far?'' He kind of wanted to hear if she was having fun with him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back