What is this place?

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Veronica was glad that she had got another chance of escape from the Bella-Donna manor. She had planned to have a visit of the obsidian harbor and the surrounding area for she had never been there yet. She wished she had a friend who would roam with her and help her explore the areas of New Zealand but she was unfortunate in that matter, at least for now. She was wearing a brown top and a pair of skinny black jeans.

She was walking through the streets of Obsidian and taking a turn, she walked into the Bleak Street. After a minute or so she noticed that her surroundings had changed. Most of the shops here sold dark items and others were closed. A very few people were on the streets and they didn't look so friendly.

Although Veronica wasn't easily scared by anything, this place was giving her creeps. She fastened her walk but no matter how much far she went the street seemed never ending, or maybe she was walking in circles, she didn't know. She couldn't find her way out and after five minutes, sweat had started forming on her face giving her a radiant look after the little exercise. She took a corner and all of a sudden banged into someone and fell down.

Before the girl completely dropped to the ground, Andrei was quick enough to catch one of her arms and pull her up again. Although he didn't bother to give a kind apologetic smile to the girl, Andrei did notice that the girl looked a bit tired and maybe panicky. "Are you alright? You seemed flustered." he said, brushing some of girl's hair from her face. Andrei looked down at her--for he was taller than her--and concluded that he must be older than her, and if not, maybe the same age as her. He dropped down his hand and looked around, checking if the girl has some companions. After a few looks, Andrei looked at her again. "You're alone? What are you doing in a place like this?" he asked her as he shoves her back softly so that they may stand at the side of a shop where they can talk freely without anyone eavesdropping.

Andrei was sent here by one professor in Durmstrang to find an ingredient for his Potions. Of course their lessons was different from Hogwarts Potions lessons. Durmstrang had their own curriculum and some of it might be far more risky than that of those Hogwarts lessons. Of course he hadn't found the ingredient yet and was about to enter another shop when suddenly, this girl came banging towards him.

He waited for the girl's reply while leaning on the wall, quite tired with all that walking he had. He sighed and looked up at the buildings. His big blue eyes caught sight of a black bird flying into an open window. Andrei thought that it might be some bad business. After all, the shopkeepers in Bleak Street aren't normal goody goody shopkeepers. And it was quite obvious from the atmosphere this place has. "Funny no one seemed to care for the place. This isn't like New Zealand at all." he muttered, though he didn't care if the girl was listening or not. He was most likely talking to himself, though of course he sounded as though he was talking to the girl.

Veronica was startled for a moment wondering why she did not hit the ground. Her eyes snapped open looking up at the unfamiliar face of the stranger who had prevented the fall. Her eyes grew wider in surprise as the boy brushed off her hair from her face. She was thankful to him for helping her avoid the bruise that she may have gotten. He also seemed helpful and maybe he did know the way out. Veronica followed him to the side of the shop wondering how she was to answer him.

She didn't want to tell him the truth. It would raise a lot of questions but she didn't want to lie either. "Um..thanks" she began in her silky voice. She scanned his blue eyes with her hazel ones trying to figure out his character. He did seem the good kind. "Well, I...got lost" she admitted with a sigh. She was proving herself weak and childish by admitting that she had no sense of direction.

"My mother had left me to get some supplies and this place...is new to me" she told the boy. She noticed that he did have a handsome face and his face was a little familiar but she couldn't be sure. "I don't like New Zealand" she muttered to herself. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to go back to Dumstrang, go back to Bulgaria but she was stuck here from a week and there were no chances of a change.

(Maybe Andrei could recognize her from skul. she was in fifth year)

Andrei suddenly chuckled when he found out that the girl was lost. But it was not because he felt it was stupid. "That's really cute." Andrei said and then chuckled again like a schoolboy. When he was done laughing, he looked straight at the girl again and finally gave a smile. The girl seemed interesting, at least. Andrei wouldn't get bored talking to her if ever they would have the time. "Well anyway, lots of people get lost in Bleak street. But I think it's because they're intimidated by its... you know, its darkness." Andrei tried to explain it to the girl but with no avail. He hoped that the girl understood what he's saying. "I'm Andrei, by the way." he said, slipping his hand to the girl's hand and shook it slowly.

"But New Zealand is such a gorgeous place! I wish I could study here." Andrei exclaimed, ignoring the people who turned their heads to look at him. But at the last second, Andrei decided to look back at them, but this time without his smile. The effect of this was so different with his smiling face that anyone would interpret his gaze as though he was challenging them. And when he turned to look at the girl, he smiled again. "Oh, which reminds me... You look a bit familiar."

Veronica couldn't get it how Andrei felt getting lost was cute. However she did have the colour in her cheeks rise when he said it was cute. She smiled back at him and shook his hand. "I am Veronica" she said her northern accent reflecting high in her voice. She nodded in agreement as he told her that lots of people got lost here. Personally, she felt this place giving her creeps but Andrei seemed like he knew his way and so having him here she wasn't scared anymore.

"I haven't seen the gorgeous part yet, I guess" she told him with a little sigh. It was very hard for her to leave the manor and there was no hope of going on a family picnic or anything close to that to see the 'nice' New Zealand. Her only hope was that she learnt apparation and then she would be able to go anywhere she liked. I don't study here he said. So, he wasn't from around here, like her. She turned her head to the people who were looking at them and watched Andrei giving them the hard look.

When he said she looked familiar, her guess got more strong. Even Andrei looked familiar to her and since he wasn't from around here and had a little northern accent himself she asked straight away "Even you look familiar" Tucking her blonde hair behind her ear she asked "Do you attend Dumstrang Institute?"

Hayley loved the Bleak Street the place had given her an odd excitement. She walk forward to the west where the sun set with a hot cocoa on her hand. Hot cocoa during winter had been her trade mark she couldn't leave the house without it and without good clothes. As she made her way to the corner, she then saw a girl with blond hair and a dark brown haired boy. She stare at them talking while she lean on the cold wall sipping her hot cocoa.

Hayley snorted as she heard the blond haired girl telling the him that she hated New Zealand.
"You won't like the country unless you got friends here" She smirk knowing that she got lots of friends and perhaps the blond haired girl was all alone without friends on her sides. And what she said was true, she got her point there without friends in the country then it'll be hell. Hayley didn't smile as she made her way towards them. She'll act cold when she doesn't know other people but once they know her, then a long conversation will be created. "The name's Hayley... Huberta" She introduced her self to them. She observe the girl in detail. Nobody could observe anyone else like that, at the moment, Hayley was trying to find flaws from the girl. Nobody could find other person's flaw like Hayley. She likes commenting on other people's flaw but she hated when people talk about her flaw. She likes to think her self as flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back