What is on this floor?

Hariah Meadow

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Pixie Hair
Walking the corridors Hariah thought about her dad and how he was doing. She missed him being around all the time, it was so different adjusting to this life. Although, classes and homework kept her busy so she didn't think about it too much. It was only these rare times that she had to herself she could. Hariah didn't pay attention to where she was going, it was like her feet had a mind of their own. After a couple of staircase changes and corridor walking she came to a stop at the third floor. Something about this floor was different. Hariah had heard other students talking about hidden passages in the corridors and she wondered whether there might be one here.

Rumors were spreading as Andrea Kelize was walking by the Third Floor Corridor. People were talking about a place in this corridor that has a hidden passage in it. Andrea wasn't quite sure of this, though. She didn't know about this hidden passage until she came over the corridor to find her roommate, but of course, she wasn't sure if the rumor was clearly true. A cold breeze passed by Andrea's arm. It felt like it wasn't just an ordinary breeze that swept by Andrea's arm like those usual ones that swept every day, it felt different. While thinking about this, Andrea smirked. She knows there are tons of ghosts here but most of them are very friendly. Andrea touched the wall by her index finger and slowly walked while touching it. She was looking at it very closely, not minding what other people might think of this action she had made. About five minutes or so, Andrea gave up. So it was just a rumor, she thought. She hadn't seen a single mark that could even tell that there was something fishy in this place, let alone a real hidden passage. Andrea looked around, she saw a familiar girl who seemed to finding something too. Since Frances was nowhere to be found, Andrea walked over to the girl's direction to make conversation with her. "Hey, looking for something?" She asked, adding her signature smile.

Hariah jumped when she heard a voice behind her. "What? erm.. no" she said to the girl wondering if she should tell her. She recognised the girl as being in her own house, in fact being in her dorm room. "Andrea right?" she asked. "Well, in this very corridor I have heard that there is a hidden passage" she whispered "I was wondering where it might be. Do you have any idea as to where?.." she said trailing off. Hariah realised how silly she sounded voicing her thought out loud. Hidden passageways? she thought to herself how stupid. Obviously the older students were joking when they talked about this. However, she did find the hidden kitchens. So surely anything was possible?

The girl was surprised. It was like her conscience was on another planet. The way she reacted almost made Andrea laugh. It was like she just saw a ghost, by the way she jumped when she heard Andrea's voice. Andrea raised an eyebrow when the girl said "No" to Andrea's question. It was pretty obvious that she was looking for something too. "Are you sure?" Andrea doubtingly asked. Andrea was surprised when the girl said her name. She seemed to know Andrea, maybe that's why she looks so familiar. "How did you know?" She asked, looking extremely amazed. "Well, I have been searching for the passage myself but I haven't saw any clues to where it might be located" Andrea said, in reply to the girl's question. She was very impressed that the girl knew her name, but unfortunately for her, Andrea doesn't know hers. She just looked familiar, that's all. It was nice to see that she had a fellow Gryffindor who was searching for the same thing as she was. Well, she is a Gryffindor, alright. Judging the badge that was pinned into her uniform.

"I have a good recollection when it comes to people. Not so much when remembering information for tests though!" she said to Andrea laughing. "Oh right" Hariah said in response to Andrea. "I don't suppose you'd like to help me find it?" she asked tentatively wondering whether Andrea would rather search for it by herself. Hariah imagined, rather foolishly, that looking for the hidden passageway would be a lot easier than this. There was no indication of where one might be apart from the cold patch where she was standing. So it had to be round here. Hariah ran her hand down the wall nearest to her and waited expectantly for something to happen. Unfortunately, she was disappointed.

"Oh, good for you. I don't have any recollection when it comes to both" Andrea replied, adding a shy laugh. Yes, this was true; Andrea often forgets people's names. Not that she has a memory loss; it's just that she doesn't really analyze the names, only faces. The girl asked if Andrea would like to help her find the passage way, Andrea kept quiet for seconds to think. She doubted. She doubted because she thinks that those students were only joking, but she doesn't have much to do other than find Frances so she decided to give it a go. "Okay, I'll help you" She said. She hadn't known the girl's name yet, but she doesn't want to ask the girl because she wants to figure it out herself, after all, she looks familiar, right? Andrea thought deeply, no information seems to come out of her mind. Come on, who is this girl? She asked herself. Then it hit her, she saw this girl from the sorting ceremony. The sorting ceremony. Yes. I saw her. Wait. I know. She's that Meadow girl, Hariah, she thought. But she still wasn't sure, so she asked "Is your name Hariah Meadow?" and curiously. Hariah, if it is her real name, ran her hand down the wall, and stopped, as if she was waiting for something to happen, but unfortunately nothing did. "Told ya" Andrea said.

Hariah giggled she prided herself on her memory of people. She could recall them even if they had only met once. Even if it was a long time ago. She could still remember some people back in England, where she used to live. Hariah was a bit worried that she scared Andrea off she didn't seem particularly keen to help her find the hidden passageway. But that could have been for a number of reasons, like she may be in a hurry and Hariah was holding her up. Or perhaps she may think that the hidden passageway may in fact be a myth, like Hariah suspected. Nevertheless, Andrea did agree to help her and Hariah squealed "Thankyou!" to her. "Okay so we're looking for some kind of hidden or concealed door or something I guess?"

"That is my name" she said to Andrea while looking closely at the wall. It had to be here. "I guess your right.." Hariah said to her. As a last resort she got out her wand and prodded the wall with it multiple times in frustration. She sighed and was about to give up hope when she heard a rumbling behind her and the stones on the wall seemed to melt away and they revealed a brown wooden door. "No way!" she said excitedly. "Shall we go in?" she asked.

The girl giggled. Andrea could see that she was happy because she had a skill that Andrea can't, this just made Andrea raised an eyebrow, but she hadn't said anything. The Gryffindor girl wasn't really sure if what she and her new friend was finding is really true, or if those students they heard where just joking or maybe if the passageway was just myth. But it looks pretty possible too. With this huge castle, something can go wrong, even if it is controlled by magic. Andrea pointed her index finger to the wall and moved it to see if there were any clues on this part of the corridor. Andrea really loves adventures, especially hunt ones so she was really determine to find the passageway even if she doubts if it really exists. "No Problem" Andrea said in reply to the girl. "Yes, but I'm also looking for, maybe, a brick or something like that, that when you push it, a hidden door or a hidden passageway or a hidden whatever will pop out like that ones I saw on a Muggle movie" She said, in reply to the girl.

"Great" Andrea said happily. Finally, she figured out the girl's name. Hariah looked closely to the wall, and agreed to Andrea's "Told Ya" remark. But it seems that Hariah doesn't fully agree with her since she pulled out her wand and prodded the wall multiple times. She was a bit angry as Andrea might point out. Hariah sighed, as if she was losing her hope but then, the stones melted away and revealed a brown wooden door. Andrea was surprised and also amazed. She hadn't said anything because she was speechless. So the students were right, she thought. Hariah asked Andrea if they should go in, Andrea hadn't said anything for seconds because she wanted to make sure no one was looking. She looked around to see if anyone other than the two of them were on the corridor also but it seems that no one was there except for them "Okay, that would be really awesome!" She said, excitedly.

Hariah looked at Andrea and grinned at her. "Come on, let's go!" she said while opening the hidden door. Hariah walked into the darkness and felt for her wand and muttered "Lumos" and the corridor she stepped into filled with light. She lifted her arm up so she could see further into the corridor, but it didn't help. Hariah walked further down the passage, carefully watching her step. "Andrea? You still there?" she said making sure Andrea wasn't still outside, Hariah wanted to share this with someone. It seemed like she had been walking forever, the corridor was never ending. She wondered how far she was into the school, she must be pretty far in considering the distance she had walked.

This was an adventure. Andrea was very excited to find out what lies on the wooden door. Hariah opened the door of course since she was the one who found it. She looked at Andrea then grinned and called her, "Coming" Andrea replied. She looked at the corridor once more to check if someone was looking and when she saw that nobody, she followed Hariah. "Should I closed the door?" She asked. The room was very dark, the only light in it was coming from Hariah's wand so to make the room more brighter, Andrea said "Lumos" so that her wand could be a flashlight just like Hariah's. Hariah was a bit far since Andrea came in late because of her checking, so Hariah asked if she was still there "Still here" Andi replied. The room was very dark but all Andrea felt was excitement, she was dying to see what lies beneath this room, even if it is good or bad.

It was still very dark even with Hariah's wand illuminated so she was very grateful when Andrea lit hers too. Hariah nearly lost her footing when she reached some steps that led down. "Erm, be careful here. There are steps that lead downwards" she called back to Andrea. The steps didn't go on for very long at all. They soon levelled out and they reached the end of the passage. Hariah put her hands against the wall it seemed to be another door like the one they came through. "There's another door here!" she shouted to Andrea. She tried the handle but it wouldn't open. Sighing she asked Andrea "What's that spell that unlocks things?" she couldn't think of it unfortunately. If Andrea didn't know it, well it would be a wasted journey.

The room was beginning to be bright now but it is still a bit dark even when the two witches lit there wands. A torch would be nice, Andrea thought biting her lips. She couldn't fully see Hariah because of the distance between them so ran towards her but didn't see what she was walking since she can only see the ceiling and the upper part of the room because that was the only range of the wand so she almost tripped because she hadn't saw that the staircase was leading downwards, luckily she got hold on to the wall. And after that little "incident", Hariah told her to be careful because the stairs are leading downwards, "I know, because I almost tripped" She said, and hurried to approach Hariah. As Andrea would recall, they almost spent half an hour to find what's-beneath-this-door journey, so curiously, Andrea pointed her wand to her watch to look at the time. "Still, :cry:44" She said to herself. Later, Hariah reached the last corner of the room and found another door. She called on for Andrea's help since she can't open the door because it was locked. She asked Andrea if she knew a spell that could unlock locked things, Andrea didn't know what it is unfortunately but she knows she has read something about it in a book. She walked over to Hariah and stood still, hoping that she could remember the incantation. "Hmmmm...A spell to unlock a door? I think it’s....A....A...Alohomora! Yes that's it!" She said. She walked over to the door and pointed her wand to the lock. "Alohomora" She said, and the lock unlocked. The two witches stood there and waited for what's inside the second door.

Hariah put a hand to her head "Of course it is, thanks" she said to Andrea gratefully. She heard the lock click and she turned the handle and pushed open the door. A bright light lit up the passageway they had walked through. Shielding her eyes Hariah walked out and into the room. When her eyes got used to the brightness (it was rather a large change since she had just emerged from a dark passage) she realised that they had found a hidden passageway into a classroom. One that she didn't recognise, but since being on the third floor she assumed it was a charms classroom. It was a rather lengthy way to get to the classroom but in the hustle and bustle of the students getting to classes this passage might be a quicker route. "Oh wow, so we've found somewhere that leads to a classroom then" Hariah said to Andrea.

The Gryffindor girl smiled when her fellow Gryffindor thanked her. "Anytime" she replied. Andrea's heart was beating so fast as Hariah turned the handle and pushed the door. She was very excited to see if there really was something amazing behind that moldy, old door. But when the door opened, it revealed a very bright place which of course amazed Andrea. But when she really saw the place, it was just a classroom. "Yep. Oh well, at least we've found something." She replied, a bit disappointed. She was really hoping for something a lot better than a classroom, more of a hidden cave or maybe a passageway leading to maybe, The Chamber of Secrets even if she knows that it is forbidden to got there, but anyway, at least she found something and of course, she made a new friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back