OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Graduation was over. Tonight was the last night that the newly graduated seventh years would be in the castle and that fact was laying heavily on Kat's heart. It was past curfew and for now Kat didn't really give a crap that she was out wandering the school grounds. She didn't want to be holed up in her dorm room, watching Kiera and Alexis finish up the last of their packing...filling trunks that would never again grace the presence of dorm room four. Finally coming to rest under her favorite tree, glad she was dressed warmly, Kat leaned back against the sturdy trunk and then for the first time did she allow herself to finally grieve for the friends that she would be losing this year. Everything was changing and she knew for certain that nothing would ever the same again.

After changing out of her outfit from graduation into something much more comfortable and warm, Rhyspa walked down the several flights of stairs she had grown accostomed to, and out the doors. She brushed her hair behind her ear and a faint sparkle could be seen on her left hand. A smile was spread on her face as she walked toward a large tree with a hooded figure resting underneath. As Rhyspa came closer, she could hear muffled sobs and walked towards her friend faster. She finally reached the tree and sat next to her best friend, puttin an arm around her and pulled her close.

"Hey Kat," Rhyspa whispered. "I'm right here."

"Bu...but you won't be after tomorrow. Rhyspa it's not fair. I don't want you to leave...why is everyone having to go away," Kat said as her friend pulled her closer and she cried into her friend shoulder. Nothing was ever going to be same again and that pissed Kat off more than anything...the fact that everything changed. "Ugh, I'm being a brat. How was graduation? Dominik came didn't he?"

"Kat, you are not a brat!" Rhyspa exclaimed. "You're far from it! You're one of the most kindest people I know, which is why I'm going to miss you so much." Rhyspa hugged her friend and tried her best not to cry, but tears slipped down her cheeks anyway. "Graduation was good. That goof Alex Cullen made it fun, thank goodness." When asked about Dominik, Rhyspa grew silent and her eyes shifted to the beautiful pearl engagment ring on her slender finger. Rhyspa looked at her friend and smiled. "Yeah, he came," she whispered. "Kat, you'll be my Maid of Honor, right?"

Kat nodded when 'Spa said that graduation had gone well, but then she caught sight of what was now perched so delicately on a certain finger of her friends left hand. "OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****ing KIDDING ME," Kat yelled as she quickly gained her feet. That was her final breaking point. First Kiera, then Lily and Sumner, followed by Kailey and then here she had Rhyspa. All either engaged or married. Pacing back and forth Kat didn't know what to do so she just screamed as loudly as she possibly could and jumped up and down looking like some sort of pain in the ass two year old throwing a temper tantrum. Not knowing what was happening suddenly Kat's mouth opened and she started pouring out exactly how she felt...only it wasn't in her native tongue. "¿Qué se está encendiendo con cada uno en esta escuela maldecida? ¿Tienen el coger todo ido estúpido o unión loca? ¿En dudas apenas cuál es incorrecto conmigo? Estimado MERLIN dulce alguien satisface apenas ahora me asesina."

Wide eyed Kat looked at her best friend. "What the hell just came out of my mouth," she said, now laughing hysterically as she had no clue that she could even speak a foreign language.

Rhyspa just sat there in shock. She'd seen Kat at what she thought might have been her breaking point, but apparently not. Rhyspa just sat there and listened to Kat scream...in Spanish. Rhyspa had no clue what the girl was saying, but it was obvious that whatever she was saying, wasn't good. After Kat's spout of spanish, the girl burst out in hysterical laughter and Rhyspa just sat on the grass , dumbfounded. The only word Rhyspa could get out was, "Como?"

Plopping back down on the ground Kat pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them. "What the hell is a como," she asked Rhyspa absentmindedly, still trying to process that her best friend was now engaged. She should be happy and deep down she was, but the fact of the matter was that she just couldn't let herself be happy for Rhyspa when she was so damned miserable. Maybe after it finally sunk in after a few minutes then she could at least attempt a happy response, but for now she just couldn't do it. "This is just...I mean for the love of...oh God what in the hell is wrong with me," she said to herself, not expecting an answer as she closed her eyes and tried to make the world go away.

"A 'como' is a 'what the hell did you just say,'" Rhyspa retorted. "Kat, I know you've had a bad love life, and I am so sorry that all of those boys were *******s and they didn't get to know you the way I do. But, I need you to be happy for me right now." Rhyspa felt bad for saying that, but she was engaged for Merlin's sake. "And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It's them. They didn't stick around long enough. Douchebags..." Rhyspa muttered the last part.

"I have no clue what I just said...that was just...weird," Kat said still in shock that she'd spoken a whole other language that she didn't even know she could speak. Cowering back slightly at her best friends words she knew that she was right. Laying back on the cold ground she looked up at the stars and patted the space beside her and watched as Rhyspa came and sprawled out on the ground next to her. Kat grabbed her best friends hand in hers as the both stared up into space. "I am happy for you 'Spa. Really I am. And I'm happy that Dom turned out to be the good guy...the guy for you," she said sincerely, turning her head to the side looking at her friend. "And of course I'll be your maid of honor...just don't put me in anything super puffy or green," Kat added joking.

They laid there like that for a while, just the two of them watching the stars when suddenly a school owl came and landed right next to Kat with a letter addressed to her. Looking at it quizzically she rolled over on her stomach and took the letter from the bird.

Katalina,

At one point or another we all must overcome shyness. I thought I would surely perish during the summer; it would be pure Hell going through months without seeing your lovely face. It has just come to my attention that we will both be attending a certain event. I have never been so lucky.

I will ask you for the privilege of a dance. If you accept, you will know who I am. If you refuse, well, I will leave and never bother you again with a letter.

See you at the wedding.

Your Secret Admirer

P.S.: I thought you might like your newest charm. Looks rather like Lavender, doesn't it?

Kat furrowed her brow as she dug in the envelope for the charm mentioned in the letter and pulled out an owl charm. Handling it carefully Kat rolled it over in her hand. It did look like Lavender. So apparently whoever this guy was he knew quite a bit about her and would also be at the wedding, which excited her, but also made her nervous. She had figured out after the second letter that it wasn't just Fenton playing a joke on her which now meant she was back to square one as to who her 'admirer' was. Carefully she placed the owl charm in the small black bag that she carried along with her as of late that also contained the lioness charm and the daisy charm. "So, um, where were we? Oh yes, wedding talk. I don't really look good in purple either," she said jokingly, acting as if getting the letter was no huge occurence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back