Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
After the last fallout with Frankie at the Hog's Head, Sapphire had retreated to the apartment she'd bought in France, needing to get away from the village for a bit. She missed it, it was her home, but she needed a bit of room to breathe away from the idiot down the street. She'd spent most of the day in her pajamas binge watching television and eating ice cream, but she'd decided to get dressed to go on a search for dinner. She locked her apartment and started down the street. She slid her hands in her pockets, humming along softly to the music playing in her headphones.

After finally getting a week off from school, the Hufflepuff arranged for a trip to Paris for a vacation. After booking the first flight on that day, Noelle packed a bag and an hour and a half later, he had finally landed. It was already late afternoon when he had checked in to his hotel so he immediately went out to explore some restaurants in the area.

Noelle had just stepped out of the hotel and looked around, debating where to start when someone bumped into him. Out of instinct, he reached out his hands to steady the other person on their feet while also keeping his own balance. "Are you okay?", he asked, before taking a good look at the person.
"Sapphire?"

Sapphire was caught up in her music, not paying attention to where she was going. She was startled when someone bumped into her, looking up immediately to glare. She froze, though, when she saw who had run into her. Her jaw clenched and she spun around without a word, stalking back the way she had come.

Noelle was still surprisingly shocked to bump into Sapphire. He knew from Avaria that she was in Paris but he never thought he would see, less bump into her so soon. He was shaken out of reverie when her brunette hair caught his sight. One moment she was glaring at him, the next she was walking. He hurried after her, caught hold of her arm to stop her. "Sapph... wait up.", he said, stepping in front of her to prevent the girl from walking away. He had his hands on both her arms, catching his breath. His eyes searched her face, remembering everything about her. About them.

Sapphire let out a heavy sigh, stopping and looking up at the boy with a glare. "Why?" she crossed her arms, exasperated. She'd had enough trouble these days without Noelle bloody Maxwell showing up out of nowhere to complicate her life again. She stepped back, debating just punching him in the face and walking away again.

Noelle had already braced himself for anything. A slap, a punch, a shove. Nothing came, not even a scream. She just sounded tired. "I-How-Why..", he sighed, confused and cautious. "How are you?", he finally asked. He noticed that his hands were still on her arms. He wanted to remove them, just in case she did not want them there, but he could not bring it on himself to do it.

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "Right. Like you care," she snorted, breaking out of his grip and turning to walk away. She wasn't in the mood to deal with this. A lot of things had happened with Noelle- but one thing she always distinctly remembered was that while she herself had caught feelings for the stupid boy, she had never been enough to take his heart from the great Willow. She hadn't been enough to take Frankie from his stubborn pride, either. She was briefly jealous of Onyx and his pretty french boy that had been so easily smitten, but she pushed it down.

Noelle expected Sapphire's response although he was sort of expecting a punch from her more. He hurried after her, having caught her hand, and pulled her back. "I care. It may not seem like it but I care.", he said. He knew what she was referring to and he could not blame her. He pined for Willow over the last few years they were in school, using her to forget the Gryffindor, hurting the Slytherin in the process. He wrapped his arms around her, not caring if he would get pushed away or get smacked on the face. He just wanted to hug her, just realizing how he was holding his breath and how seeing her jumpstart his heart again. He cared for her a lot. He cared for Avaria too but it was different with the Ravenclaw. The Slytherin was like his person.

Sapphire was not in the mood for this. She grimaced, shoving him back. Her temper won out again, and without a thought she connected her fist with his face. "Just who the hell do you think you are?" She yelled at him. "That's the problem with Maxwells," She continued on. "You're entitled, selfish prats that think you can just do whatever you want and the rest of the world can bow to your will. You know for a minute I thought you were decent but you're just as terrible as the rest of them." She spun on her heel and tried to storm off again, properly irritated.

Noelle stumbled back a few steps at the hit. That was more like Sapphire. He could not help but grin despite the pain as he cradled his jaw. He stood there as people looked back at them, Sapphire screaming his ear off. The second she was done, she stormed away again. He stretched his facial muscles before he hurried after the girl again. He grabbed her by the arms, a bit harsher than intended, and whirled her back. "Okay, just stop! Stop and let me talk!", he was so much as snapped at her. "I know! I know that I was a jerk. I did not ask to become a Maxwell. Heck, if I can I would change my last name in a heartbeat! You can't punish me for being born into this family!", he continued. "I was terrible, yes. But it was not like you are an angel yourself. You push me when it gets tough. You pull me back in when it conveniences you. Did I complain?! No! Because I care. I care for you, Sapphire Michaels. Even when my heart was pining for a certain Gryffindor, I have learned to care for you. And I did promise that I would be there for you! So there, I care for you and I may even loved you and you were too blinded to see that because I am a Maxwell. Dammit!", he let out a breath, his heart lightened afterward. He stepped back, letting her go. "I will just...go.", he said, stumbling a little as he pushed his way past her. He stopped and glanced back. "I'm happy...that I know and see... that you are okay.", he said softly, giving her a weak smile. He wanted to see her and spend time with her. But not like this. And he would not force her to be in his company if his mere presence made her miserable.

Sapphire's jaw clenched as he yelled at her. She didn't retaliate, a million emotions swirling through her. She glared, pushing past as he tried to turn things soft again. No, he didn't get to do that. Feeling raw and emotional, she shoved past him and stormed off. She ignored him, having no idea what she was doing or where she was going, but knowing she needed away from him and everything and it entailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back