What are you doing here?

Elspeth Brookes

OOC First Name
Ceara (Melissa)
Wand
Willow wand, 14" with Unicorn hair
Elspeth was walking down to the Lake, when she saw a girl down there she recognised. She walked over, trying to remember where she'd met this girl. Collapsing down next to her, Elspeth said conversationally, "Hi! Do I know you from somewhere?" Just as she said this, the memories came flooding back. "You!" Brightstone, her mother, the argument... She had indirectly caused Elspeth's mother's death. Elspeth stood up, and stepped back from the small girl. She was so shocked, she didn't notice any of the girl's features, or the fact she was missing her hair. Trembling, with tears in her eyes, she shook her head violently, trying to rid herself of the memories.

Aroha flopped down by the lake, absolutely exhausted. Ignoring her illness, Aroha had now gone and decided to go for a walk in the freezing grounds, in a thin teeshirt and a woolly beanie. She shivered where she was, having a cold already wasn't the best premises for a casual stroll. Gryffindor bravery, or recklessness? her mind asked her scathingly. Maybe a sprint back up to the commonroom, hot chocolate by the fire would do the trick.

Hearing a voice, Aroha looked up. She hadn't many enemies from her time at Hogwarts, so this had to be a friend. Albeit one she didn't remember, but a friend all the same. She hardly remembered the girl, and bit her lip before opening her mouth to reply. But the girl seemed to recognise her, and Aroha realized where she'd seen the deranged Ravenclaw before. "Elspeth.. aren't you over-reacting?" the Gryffindor queried calmly, gazing up in concern as Elspeth stood up again.

Elspeth saw the small girl - whose name she still didn't know - realise who she was. "No, I'm not over-reacting! I meet you just before I meet my mother, then she dies. And now I see you just before I meet my Aunt for the first time." She bit her lip, trying to stop crying. "I'm...sorry. It's not your fault. You just seem like a bad omen, no offence." She mumbled in apology, looking at her feet. She sat down next to the Gryffindor again, tucking her hair behind her ear while considering whether to try and forget the past. It was just so hard looking at her! She brought back all the memories Elspeth had thought didn't hurt anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back