What a surprise

Antoinette shook her head. "Aw, don't say that! You're a pretty cool guy, I'm sure you won't scare her off. I mean," she paused, a smirk creeping on to her lips, "she might just find goofiness endearing. A lot of girls do." Antoinette winked. Guys who were complete Adonises were boring. All brawn, no brains and no fun at all. "You just need to relax. Easier said than done, I know, but don't get so worked up. Just breathe, take things slow and easy. You will be just fine."

"Besides, I've been told dancing's not that hard, once you get used to it. Just listen to the rhythm. I guess. I don't really know. I'm not much of a dancer myself," she explained with a shrug. "You're surely not hopeless. Besides," she paused again, giggling as a humourous thought came to mind. "If you mess up, it'll give you something to tell your grandchildren."

Stephen's eyes widened with more amusement than shock or horror, "Girls actually like complete goofs. Wow I do have a lot to learn." he said with a laugh scratching the back of his head. Something he mainly did when he was confused and on the topic of girls, he was confused, all the time. He nodded at Antionette's words, as long as remember to breath I'll be fine. Oh God! What if I forget how to breath. Then I'll really look like an idiot! he thought to himself.

Stephen scoffed at Antionette's words about dancing, "Sorry, but dancing is hard. I am the most unco-ordinatd boy you'll ever have the mispleasure of meeting. Give me a broom anyday, I'm a wizz on that, but I have two left feet." he said looking down at his scruffy trainers, clicking his heels together.

Antoinette nodded. "True fact. Every girl loves a guy who can make her laugh, and who is unafraid to laugh. Even at himself," she said, reassuringly. Girls were all different, of course, but nearly every girl loved to laugh. "I know, I know. We're a confusing gender," she said, with a wink. "Even I don't completely understand the way girls brains work. And I am one!" Antoinette laughed, though she was telling the truth.

"Aw, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. You just need to practice. Hmm...practice..." she trailed off. "Ah. Violet, the cousin I mentioned earlier? Her boyfriend taught her to dance at the last Yule Ball. She says she's more than adequate now, which is all you need, seriously. I can call in a favour if you want, she can help you learn to dance? Just the basic moves, enough to get you through the Yule Ball, that is. How about it?"

Stephen was quite glad to hear what Antionette had to say. When he and Becky talked back in Beauxbatons they laughed, a lot, maybe he wasn't as hopeless as he thought. But he was going to wait until her stepped foot in the grand castle that he could see out of the corner of his eye, just ahead in the hills.

Stephen contemplated Antionette's offer. It sounded perfect for him and he had already planned on meeting Violet, who know's she might be his ticket to Becky. "That sounds perfect! Do you think she'd mind at all?" he asked. After all, they had yet to meet and maybe they wouldn't hit it off, it could be quiet awkward.

"Oh, no, she wouldn't mind," Antoinette said, shaking her head. "Honestly, she's the most kind and obliging person I've ever met. Besides, from what I've heard, there aren't really many other Hufflepuffs her age. I think she'll be glad of another person in her house and year to talk to," Antoinette said, with a shrug. She'd have to write to Violet, but she was sure her cousin wouldn't mind. She was a Hufflepuff, in any case, and very easy to get along with. As much as Antoinette detested Angus, his big sister was quite good company and nice to talk to. She was sure she could help Stephen out. The poor boy deserved to get the girl, Antoinette had quickly decided.

Stephen beamed as Antionette said that her cousin would be willing to do it. He couldn't believe how his luck had changed. "Antionette, you have no idea how much I appreciate this, really. You have been a great help." he said, excitement starting to build up again. It was only a mere three months now until September, he was sure the holidays would go in quickly enough. The between September and December he had to become a dancing machine, again, easy said than done. But if Violet was as good as Antionette was making out her too be, he should pick up a few of the basics in no time at all.

"No trouble," Antoinette said, with a smile. "Have to prove I'm not as heartless and, um, you know, as people think," she winked. "I really hope you get the girl, you probably deserve her much more than this other guy," she said, encouragingly. "And you'll get the hang of dancing, I am sure of it."
Nobody ever expected Antoinette Greenwood to be a kindhearted person. But she was, underneath. It was just that most of the time, people didn't bother to see that side of her. Or that she was busy putting up the other act. Looking up at the sky, Antoinette frowned, slightly. "Hmm, getting late. Probably have to head back to Glasgow," she mused, pensive. "Good luck with the girl thing. I'll write to Violet as soon as I get home and tell her about it," she smiled, offering her hand to Stephen.

Stephen smiled as Antoinette gave him words of encouragement. He really did appreciate everything she had told him. Following her gaze into the sky he saw the clouds darkening, sighing he knew he would have to make his way home and he never got to get any supplies, well at least he had three months. As Antoinette put out her hand Stephen took it and pulled her in for a hug, "Thank you again, for everything. I'll be sure to let the guys back home you're not as bad you cracked up to be." he said with a laugh releasing her from his hold.

It was probably inappropriate, but he felt it was necessary. "Until next time Greenwood." he said as he walked off in the direction of his house, waving to Antoinette. Silly him, not looking where was going and being as clusmy as he was walked into a table of one of the near by cafes. "It's OK, I'm OK." he said, as he lifted the table, that thankfully had no dishes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back