Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Hippogriff Feather core 11" Rigid Curly Ash Wood
Zachariah found that shopping was as boring as he always believed it to be. He was slowly getting annoyed but he needed his supplies for Hogwarts. "Couldn't we have a bladdy elf do this trivial task." Zachariah grunted out to himself. His usual bored demeaner was in full swing. This time it wasn't an act of any sort. He really was bored. Why would anyone want to be trapped in such a situation. He had encountered some people he wanted to physically hit because they had said some stupid things. "Agh next time I'll just pay Alexis to do my shopping." Zachariah complained to himself. "At least I won't have to be bothered with any of it then."

Zachariah pulled a cauldron cake from his blazer pocket and munched on it as he leaned against a nearby wall. The place was too busy with people buying what they needed. He stood there watching the people pass him and laughed at those who looked like lost chickens. The only reason he had left the house was for his wand, but he ended up getting stuck until his sister was done.

@Celia Vuong

It was one thing to hear about the magical world, but it was quite another to actually see it for herself. Though Celia had spent the past few weeks quietly filing away all her mom's stories about magic, she couldn't help but stare in wonder at her surroundings as she followed her mom around to finish up their school shopping. It was a good thing she was wearing sunglasses that obscured half her face. She didn't want to broadcast to half the world that she was new to this stuff. Her mom had made it very clear that wizards were an intolerant bunch that looked down on people unfamiliar with magic.

Right now, her mom was off getting more galleons — apparently credit cards were not a thing here, which was frankly kind of absurd. She'd left Celia to sit quietly on a bench on the sidewalk, and that was where she was now, trying to take in as much as possible. Every bit of information could help, not only with the half-baked escape plans floating around in her head, but also with her eventual entrance into magical society. When she got to Ilvermorny, she would need to be prepared. She couldn't come afford to come off as clueless.

As Celia scanned the passersby, a boy walked by, apparently talking to himself. Weird. She wouldn't have paid him much more attention except he decided to park himself against the wall in front of her bench, giving her an up close view of him messily eating some kind of cake that he'd pulled straight from his pocket. She wrinkled her nose in disgust as she watched the crumbs fall, and the thought of the greasy stains the cake had likely left in the blazer pocket's lining made her shudder. "You're going to ruin that blazer if you keep unwrapped snacks in your pockets," Celia commented, not bothering to remove her sunglasses or otherwise introduce herself. Why more people didn't treat their clothes with respect, she didn't know. And the blazer looked expensive, which made his crime all the worse.

Zachariah looked in the direction of the voice that intruded on his thoughts. There was a girl sitting there with absurdly big glasses on her face. He straightened himself a bit dusting the few crumbs that had fallen. He frowned at her for a few seconds deciding whether or not to respond. "I don't really care." Zachariah sighed bored. "I can always buy a better one when I want to." He knew the last comment made him seem snobby but he didn't care. He'd been meaning to throw the blazer out anyway. Besides he wasn't going to walk around with sweets in his hands when he had pockets.

A thought occurred to Zachariah and he smirked. "Are you feeling sorry for my clothes like some sort of pathetic Hufflepuff?" Zachariah mused. The thought that some girl he had never met before was telling him what he should do was, to say the least, absurd. He didn't really care much for people's opinions, but he didn't appreciate people who thought they were higher than him. He was, after all, a Pure Blood.

Celia had come to know her fair share of rich kids growing up. That kind of came with the territory considering where she lived (or used to live) and the school she'd attended. But she didn't know anyone as obnoxious about their wealth or as flippantly careless as this boy. It was rather tacky, actually. What was the point of having nice things if you didn't care for them?

The true shock, however, came when he called her pathetic. For a second, all Celia could do was blink at him. She wasn't sure what being a Hufflepuff had to do with anything. She knew it was one of the Hogwarts houses, but that was about the extent of her knowledge. However, she wasn't going to betray her ignorance if she could help it. "I'd feel sorry for anything that had to come into close proximity to you," she snapped. "I'm not sure why you think it's pathetic to care about things."

Last edited:
Zachariah was a little shocked by the girl snapping at him but he didn't show it. Well it wasn't seen on his face, but he started snapping the elastic on his wrist. Not that the girl would know why he was doing that. He really didn't appreciate the way she spoke to him. He groaned as he rolled his eyes at her and then started laughing. "Get your facts straight before you go making accusations. It makes you look positively daft."

The thought had taken a while to come to him but it made him laugh none the less. This girl thought he treated all his things in such a way. She didn't know that the blazer he was wearing was a hand-me down from his godfather. She didn't actually know how old this blazer really was. It was older than the both of them combined. The thought was positively hilarious. Zachariah had a smirk plastered on his face and he decided to poke fun at her. After all that's what she deserved for thinking she was better than him.

"So then you feel sorry for yourself is what you are saying. What a coincidence because I was just feeling sorry for you. So misinformed as you are and all." Zachariah said in somewhat of a sing song voice, taking absolutely no offence from her words. He swayed a bit in the spot as an indicator of his teasing.

Celia, frowned, a bit confused as to why the boy was laughing. He was coming off as positively unhinged. God, she really hoped he wouldn't be going to Hogwarts. But she knew there was only one major English-speaking wizard school on this side of the hemisphere, so chances were good he'd be there. If she was lucky, he'd be homeschooled. Or an overgrown ten-year-old. Or even just a tourist. But so far, her luck had been terrible.

"Yes, I do feel sorry for myself for having to sit here and endure your presence." Of all the corners he had to stop at, why this one? Why couldn't anything go her way? But Celia wasn't about to leave and just give up this space to him. That would be letting him win. "I can't see how I'm misinformed when you literally just asked me if I was feeling sorry for your clothes like a 'pathetic Hufflepuff' while getting greasy cake crumbs all over yourself," she said, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

Zachariah no longer hid the amused smirk on his face. He wasn't sure, but he had a feeling that the girl didn't know what he meant when he called her a Hufflepuff. First, she completely skipped over the word now she was quoting it out of context. Or so it seemed to him. He thought about what fun he could have messing with her if his assumption was correct. "So what, you claim you're a Ravenclaw then," Zachariah stated with a shrug. His idea was to find out if she was aware of his references or not. After all, he didn't want to make a fool of himself. Not when he could see he was so clearly working on the girls nerves. "Your intelligence level seems to disagree with you on that though. Like I said you're making assumptions based off of information that you don't have. It just makes you look completely daft."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back