What a coincidence!

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Sebastian checked his pockets for the third time to be sure that he still had a little bit of floo powder left. He would need it to get back to France, where he was supposed to actually be right now. It had been hours since he had left, and he knew that if the professors discovered his absence, he would be in huge trouble. Sebastian wasn't too worried, though he should have been, because the students had been given the privilege of heading into the town for the day.

The young Beauxbatons student was on his way to the bar where he knew there was a floo network so that he could get back to France. He didn't know the area very well though and looking around, Sebastian realized that he had no clue where he was. "This cannot be happening..." he muttered to himself as he turned back around, trying to spot something familiar.

Given that the day was a bit chilly Demeter didn't pay no mind to the current weather or its decreasing temperature. The teenager was to busy gawking at the displays in the window never witnessing any of the items that were on for show, how could she notice the endless shopper when it had been her second day in New Zealand. Demeter and her twin brother Deviant were one of the fews who had volunteer to be sponsored by another wizaring family. It was a exchange program that her brother had suggested and their mother only allow Deviant to go if Demeter went along. At first she plead endlessly till she almost cried her eyes out no to go. In the end it was convincing to the teenager that she had no choice, and the possibilities of what she could into trigger her mind as she pleasantly agreed.

Now hypnotise by the antiques that look so good in her room back in Salem, she felt as it was something she desperately needed it. "Darn these prices." she mumbled to herself, already calculating what she had in her denim pocket. It wasn't enough, and how was she suppose to heave such in item that probably weighted a car and a half forcefully put together. She dropped her attachment quickly moving onto another display window. There was no point of arguing with herself if she knew she couldn't obtain it. Lost cause.

Looking around, Sebastian noticed several people looking into store windows and he wondered if one of them would be able to steer him in the right direction. An old woman was eyeing him suspiciously as if he were up to no good, so he knew he wouldn't ask her. He was just about to go up to another woman when she hurried past him with her husband and their children. With a sigh, Sebastian looked to see if there was anyone else and he noticed a girl who appeared his age. He could only see her from the back though, so he couldn't be sure.

Praying that she could help him, Sebastian walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. "Um...scuse me, but can you help me out?" he asked as politely as he could.

Demeter was glued to the window, her next items were ivory bed post. She was about to walk in to the little store front shop when she felt the tapping of her shouler. Normally Demeter pay no mind to strangers espically now that she was nowhere near Salem. The voice sounded like a boy, she turned automatically around "I'm not from-" her lips parted to say when she felt her jaw drop completely open. "O M G." she said out loud, standing right in front of her was Sebastian. She quickly blushed embarassed by the way she acted, than casually ignore that she ven acted that way. "Hey! I haven't seen you like in forever." her frail stubby arms wrapped around him slightly to give him a hug, stepping back she was grinning, her dimples sinking in by the corner of her cheeks.

When the girl turned around, Sebastian's green eyes went from being casually interested to widening in recognition. Before he could say or do anything, he was wrapped in a hug and then just as quickly let go.

"Demeter..."he said with a smile, still in a mild state of shock, "What are you doing here?" A small blush fell on his cheeks as he looked at the girl before him. The last time he had seen the girl had been in Salem at the school's end of year party.

This had been an interesting day. First, he had hung out with Willow, his best female friend from back when he was in Salem, and now he was standing with Demeter, the sister of his best friend. All thoughts of leaving for France right away disappeared from his mind as he stood and waited for her reply.

"Yeah." Deme beam looking at Sebastian, just finding it weird she would run into him. "I'm not sure if you remember, but our school had the foreign exchange program." she rolled her eyes playfully, "The one Deviant decided we should sign up for, so we did. Well I was force to, its just a year though." she smiled moving away from the shop front. "What about you? Last time you said something about France?" she ask recalling their last day together. Another memory soon flashed in her mind, Deme eyes flicker hoping he didn't forget.

Sebastian nodded as she asked if he remembered the exchange program. At the mention of Deviant, he looked around wondering if his best friend was anywhere around. "Dev's around?" he asked. He hadn't seem him in a long time.

"That's pretty cool. Change of scenery, I suppose" he said, knowing that something like that was definitely more of Deviant's interest than Demeter's.

He nodded as she mentioned their last day in school and a small blush crossed his cheeks. Deciding not to mention anything about that event, Sebastian spoke, "Yea. I'm living with my father's mother now. She's a pretty cool lady, mostly stays in her basement working on Potions. I'm at Beauxbatons now, which let me tell you is not nearly as much fun as Salem. The kids there are nothing like we were in Salem."

"Yes Dev probably with our hosting family or trashing some pipe with his board." Demeter shrug about her brother whereabouts.She grin when she notice he had blush at the mention of their last day of school. To be able to contain the flirtatious laughter was becoming a difficult task for Demeter. She didn't blame him though, she didn't want this to be one of those moment, awkward situation.

"Oh that's cool." she rolled her eyes again sideways sticking out her tongue. "If you like snails that is." she laughed jokingly, sliding her arms to cross against her chest. The front of hair twisted in colorful braids(straight down) were brushing against her dimple cheeks. "Nothing would ever compare to the madness in Salem." she beam. "That's why I'm definitely go back after a year. If Dev wants to stay that's on him. I sooo didn't want to be here."

Sebastian chuckled. "That sounds like Dev." He was a bit surprised that the two weren't together, but knew that Dev didn't always like having Demeter over his shoulder.

He smiled as she said that nothing would compare to Salem and nodded in agreement. "I think you're right about that Deme" he began and then added with a smirk, " I'm sure the professors are happy this year though. No me, No Dev, no Willow and no you. It must be the quietest year they've had since we started."

"Oh yes you got that right!" she laughed, her face brighten, than fell at the mention of Willow. "Eewl you hang out with Willow? Gross dude." she laughed nudging him in the shoulders. "I never really got along with that chick, kept my distant." or they both would end up fighting each other. "That reminds me!" she said unable to resist anymore. "Dev never found out, so I guess you aren't dead meat." she giggle again.

What had happen between them, would have probably ticked Deviant off. There were reason why Deme tried not to hang around her brother, one of those reason were he was to overprotective. "Someone had almost slipped our secret. I took care of it though." she laughed with a wicked smirk twitching at the ends of her lips looking at Sebastian.

Sebastian shook his head as Demeter spoke of Willow. He had completely forgotten that the two girls had never gotten along and were never seen in each other's company if it could be helped. If he had remembered, he probably wouldn't have mentioned anything. "What is it with you two?" he asked, wondering what the two had against each other.

As Demeter changed the subject, Sebastian's body flooded with relief even as another blush rose over his cheeks. "Who almost told? There were only..." he did a mental list, "Five people there." Thankfully, Deviant hadn't been one of them because best friend or not, he didn't think Deviant would appreciate Sebastian kissing his sister. It had been on a dare after all, but Sebastian didn't think it would matter in his friend's eyes. He would probably see it as the ultimate betrayal especially since it had lasted far longer than what would be considered friendly. "I hope you gave 'em hell" he said with a chuckle.

"Well you know me." she flare her small nostril as she gleam her eyes becoming edgy as she stroll forward. "Now how did that kiss go?" she asked, acting bashful and shy, knowing damn well she was neither. Stepping closer she brought her lips against Sebastian, her flavour strawberry gloss smudged against his. Lifting her light arms up as she brought them sliding onto his shoulders, fully exposed to those around them. Demeter had always been a drill seeker, kissing Sebastian the way she had been performing gave her a rush. Harsh whispering was follow right after, some witch murmured hasty about little witches these days. Demeter laughed, her lips never leaving the smirk after just kissing Sebastian.

Sebastian didn't realize what Demeter was about to do until it was too late. With her strawberry lip-glossed lips pressed against his, Sebastian's body tensed. His eyes widened as she lifted her arms to his shoulders and then finally broke away. Sebastian's hand reached up to touch his lips.

Their only other kiss had occurred in an empty classroom during one of the last days of class in Salem. A few of them had been fooling around in between finals and their kiss had just happened. Sebastian had known he would be leaving for France in a few days time and kissing Demeter had seemed like the thing to do. It hadn't meant anything to Sebastian at the time, but afterwards he had worried that Deviant would somehow find out. This kiss, however, was totally a surprise. He had always known that Demeter had a crush on him, but didn't think she would think so much of that first kiss.

"Deme...uh...what was that for?" he asked, still in a daze.

Deme face tinged not embarrassed, just the way he was staring at her made her look down. If she had the courage to she would have done it a lot longer. She look up to meet his daze acting as if nothing had happen. "It was just kissing babes. Don't act like you didn't like it." she wink, her nose twitched as she smiled innocently. She pucker her lips to blow him a kiss as she laughed again. "This one on me now." she stick her tongue out at him. Or maybe she really did like him, she had to remind herself after a year she would be leaving to Salem again. It didn't hurt to have a little fun, she just didn't want to get attached.

Sebastian's face flushed as she joked about the kiss. He didn't find it all that funny especially considering what was going on with him and Trilby. "I know what it was Deme" he said with a sigh and then tried to ease the tension. "I never recall you being so brave though. Seems you've grown up a lot in the past few months." Sebastian had other reasons for not wanting that kiss, but not ones he wanted to share with Demeter unless he had to. Something about her was very different though and Sebastian couldn't help but wish that her brother were around because he had the feeling she wouldn't be acting this way in front of him.

Demeter face slightly drop into a frown before she simply shrug looking away. "Well I should go than." she didn't want to hear that she's change, everyone been saying that lately now someone who she once like was telling her that really frustrate her. "I'll tell Dev that I ran into you." she shift to move, she highly doubt she would be telling him at all. Deme didn't want to feel like she had been rejected so she fake a smile as she waved and walked off.

Sebastian saw Demeter's face and realized that he had offended her in some way. "Deme..." he began and then was unsure of what to tell her. He didn't want to tell her he liked her because he didn't, not in that way anyway. "I'm sorry...it's just I wasn't expecting you to kiss me. I thought we were just friends and...I've got a girlfriend now..." he said uncomfortably, hoping she would be able to understand.

"Yea, tell him to send me an owl. I'll see you around" he added lamely as he watched her get ready to walk away.

Deme felt lame, when she mention Dev. If he found out what she just did, he would really be irritated with her. She turn back around and stop just a couple feet away from Sebastian. "Look I'm sorry I didn't mean to." she tried to sound sincere dropping her gaze as she bit on her thumb."Didn't mean to do it, guess I've been acting a little out to much." she shrugged leaning her head to the side. "Figure without parents around it be fun guess not." she look up her hand at her side now. That's all she could really say to Sebastian she hope he forgive her, in ways he was still her friend even if he did rejected her.

Sebastian listened to Demeter as she apologized. "Don't worry about it" he said quickly. He was sorry he didn't have the same feelings for her that she had for him. He hoped that he hadn't damaged their friendship because of what had just happened. Somehow he didn't think he had, though he did understand why it suddenly felt awkward at the moment.

"I've got to get going anyway. I'm probably going to be in huge trouble when I get back" Sebastian said as he backed up to head toward the place where he had used the fireplace to floo his way here. "I'll drop you guys an owl soon...if I can." With that, he waved and turned to head back to France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back