well hello there.

Daniel Harwood

Daniel was walking down the streets of brightstone wearing a pair of jeans and a tight fitting top. He was just randomly wandering when he saw a good looking girl maybe a bit younger than himself. He decided to go over and talk to her.`hey... whats a good looking girl like you doing around here on your own?`he asked her. He didnt know how this would go he didnt know the girl so he would find out soon enough what would happen.

[What you're using is fine for quotation marks, no worries. :) ]

Penelope had been looking around, wearing an outfit that reminded her of France, her old home. For some reason, she felt like she was out of place. Other people were just buzzing about. She was all alone, still getting used to the place. She was still getting used to New Zealand. She had only moved there, what was it, a week ago? All of a sudden she heard someone speaking. It was no surprise, everyone was talking, but this voice stood out. Like the person was talking to her.

She realized who was talking, it was a boy who looked a little older than herself. She chuckled to herself. Is he really talking to me? He can't be, she thought. Me? The nerd? Well, he doesn't know that I am one, let's hope I don't blow it. Maybe he isn't even talking to me. She looked at the boy who had said something. Sure enough, he was looking right at Penelope.

"Bonjour," she said in her French accent. "Well, I'm hoping to meet new fr- I mean, meet new people."

When Daniel saw the girl up closer he looked at her and smiled, she looked really nice and he loved the clothes that she had on,she looked stunning. He thought that it would be weird if he just started talking without know her name and with out her knowing his. `Hi, I'm Daniel, so what would your name be`he said taking her hand and shaking it as she answered. Wow everything was going so smoothly at the time he wondered if it would stay that way or would he blow everything. `so your french are you?`he asked her.`and consider yourself to be meeting new people, its my pleasure to meet someone like you.` he laughed and smiled cheekily.

Penelope smiled. Daniel seemed nice. "Nice to meet you, Daniel," she said. She shook his hand as she said, "I'm Penelope." Then she listened as he spoke again. "Yeah I used to live in France but..." And she blew it. How was she supposed to explain her life without scaring him away? She decided that she would have to lie so it wouldn't seem suspicious. "My father had to move for a job." She subtly bit her lip. It had been going great until then. At least she hadn't blurted out a ton of facts.

As he caught her smile he grinned cheekily at her.`nice to meet you Penelope`he said. he listened to her as she spoke and then as she broke of he asked her `but what` he said as she paused. he could tell something was up but didnt want to intrude on her personal space so he continued on the story that she had given him.`your father must be quite good at his job if he has to keep on moving around.`he said calmly.

Penelope felt a little bad about lying to him. "Yes, er, he is good at his job, but," she said. "We moved because of my mother.."

Daniel couldnt understand the girl, one minute she was saying that she had had to move because of her fathers job, but now it had changed to her mother. what was she saying.` im sorry i dont think i understand` he said calmly.`which did you have to move for your mother or father?`he asked her.He sat silently for a moment or two thinking about what she had said.`so where did you move from?`he asked her calmly.

((sorry wrong character))

Penelope was worried about this. "My mother," she said. "We were getting away from her.. I don't usually tell people. They think I'm a freak or something..."

((Sorry about low quality post.))

((dont worry i absolutly forgot about this sorry :shy: ))

Dan listened to Penelope speaking `hey your not a freak, and i dont know who would think that about you.`he smiled`your secret is safe with me.`he laughed. he wondered why people thought she was a freak but he didnt say anything,he didnt want to invade her personal space instead he said.`i dont think your a freak..i think your lovely.`he smiled

((No worries, I have a lot of RPs going on and I do lessons sometimes so I have stuff to do. Not like I'm waiting around waiting for people to reply.))

"Thanks," Penelope said, blushing a little.

"Well, there's more to the story..." she said. She knew she could trust Daniel. She just knew it. "My mother, well, she didn't want to raise a kid. So she ran off, but let us know that she was still there. She gave us notes that said stuff like 'I'm watching you' and we moved here to get away from that..."She bit her lip. "

"Why Didnt your mother want a child, if you dont mind me asking"he said to her,`so..was she like haunting you?with these notes i mean?"he said. "its ok you have new people here to hold your back"he laughed "anyone here would look after you"he said rubbing her back lightly,not sure on how she would react. he wondered wha sh would thik of him if she would run or stay and go along with things.

"Well, I'm not really sure... She ran off and we moved to another part of France," Penelope said. "My father didn't want to be anywhere near my mother. It made him upset. And I think that she regretted it after a few years. That was when she started freaking us out, I think. But my father was a little overprotective. He's more comfortable with letting me go places now. And of course new people help. Do you really think anyone would?"

"hey everything will be ok now. ok?" he said to er calmly."And yes i mos certainly do think that someone would help because for one i will and two its easy to meat new people and everyone is lovely." he said softer.He didnt know what else he could do to reasure her so decided to stop and change the topic."so are you going to hogwarts school next year?" he asked

Penelope put on a smile. "Yeah," she said. "I'm hoping to make it in to Ravenclaw." She continued to smile. She was really looking forward to when she got to go to Hogwarts. Not that she wanted to be away from her father, but she just wanted to learn. And learning magic as well as textbook stuff, that was a bonus!

"if i was in school i would be a second year but i dropped out and now living with my cousin."he said shyly."hopefully i can get back to the school again soon,i hope so but i dont know if i can."he said" hey do you want a drink??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back