Welcome.. again

Grause Hitchins

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Grause walked into the great hall slowly, his feet almost picking up the ground with every step. He looked around the impressive hall before eventually walking to the Gryffindor table and sitting down in a random free spot. All the food was already out and he began to pick up random foods and chewing almost as slowly as he had walked.

It felt like a dream being back

Violet wandered towards the Hufflepuff table, not overly hungry but feeling she should eat something. As she walked closer to the table, she noticed someone new at the next-door Gryffindor table. Somebody new...but strangely familiar. Violet gasped, and quickly made her way towards the person. "Oh my God..." she muttered. "Drae? Is that...no, it can't be...can it?"

Grause paused in mid chew, he knew that unmistakable voice of Violet and felt his heart drop into a pit. He turned around slowly, his hair spilling over his shoulder.
"Drae..? who would that be?" he asked in what he hoped was a german accent

Violet's heart sank. She had felt sure it was him...but he denied it. Still, it looked exactly like him, although a little different...it just had to be, didn't it? "Oh," she muttered, slightly embarassed. "It's nothing. I just, um, thought you were somebody I used to know..." she trailed off, looking at him closely with her wide green eyes. I'm sure it's Vydráel, she thought to herself, confused.

'be calm' A voice in Grause's head insisted.
"I'm sorry." Grause replied. "I don't know anyone by that name."
He looked up at her, into her eyes and felt his heart break slightly, wishing he could tell her.

Violet hung her head, feeling her face burn with shame. "I guess not. I'm sorry. What is your name, anyway?" she asked, figuring she ought to find out the name of the person she'd probably just offended. She still felt, somewhere inside, that it really was him, but as he insisted it wasn't, maybe it really wasn't and Violet was simply being delusional.

"Violet Bellamy," she replied, taking his hand and shaking it. As you well know, she wanted to add, but held her tongue. "What year are you in?" she asked, curious. "You don't look to be a first year."

"No, you're right." He said. "I'm third year, just moved from Germany to school here."
He felt a little stupid standing in the middle of the great hall.
"would you like to sit next to me?" he then asked, realising the person who had been sitting next to him had wondered off. "I don't know many people here."

"Okay," she replied, with a smile. "Although I'm a Hufflepuff so I should be over there," she explained, pointing at the Hufflepuff table. "I suppose it doesn't matter though," she added, with a smile, as she walked over to the chair to take a seat, feeling a little awkward but figuring that she wanted to know more about this guy. "Third year, hey? Same as me. I guess we'll be in a lot of the same classes."

Grause seated himself as well, taking another piece of the meat he had been eating before Violet arrived.
"I guess we will." he replied to her, smiling and chewing off a sizeable piece of jerky. "I hope my uncles taught me enough to catch up with you."

"You haven't..." she began, and then quickly paused, changing what she was going to say. "...missed out on too much. It's only third year. I'm sure you can catch up," she said, with a smile. "Which electives are you taking?" she asked, with interest.

"As many as I can." he said, "I haven't got a clue which are my favourite schools of magic yet."
He pretended to be unsettled by the starry sky above them.
"If it rains here.. we aren't going to get wet i hope?"

Violet shook her head. "Of course not," she said, matter-of-factly. "It's fake. Or should I say, it's magic." She smiled, a little uneasy.

Grause opened his mouth, a perfect O. His gaze completely wrapped by the illusion in the ceiling, a scene he had missed since he was here last.
"Quite incredible when you think about it. Definitely helps create atmosphere.." He said thoughtfully, the jerky now all gone. He returned his gaze to Violet, "I've been so used to living in forests, I feel trapped in stone." He felt almost embarrassed to admit

"I guess it takes getting used to, especially..." Violet trailed off, stopping herself before she said after being away for so long. "I'm still getting used to everything here. I'm essentially a muggle." Violet shrugged. Home life, despite the fact that her mother was a witch, was muggle life. She could still be surprised by magic. She would probably go on being surprised for a while.

Grause nodded his head in understanding, his life was never going to be normal any more but it seemed appropriate. He never was comfortable with 'normal', a thought which made him flash a toothy grin.
"I wondered some of the less hospitable forests in and around Germany.." he began to say, unsure if he should continue. "it's a beautiful place when you can lay on your back and see the stars through a roof of trees. A ceiling showing what should be hidden can be a little unsettling."

Violet sighed. "There's a part of me that would love to see that. I love having the ceiling like this, though. There are never any stars at home. Comes with living in a big city, I guess." Come to think of it, Violet rarely looked up at the roof, taking it for granted that it was enchanted to look like the sky. Usually at meal times she focused on the food and nothing else. "Although I kind of ignore it, most of the time. Never pay that much attention." She sighed again, tempted to ask him why he was wandering the inhospitible forests of Germany, but guessing that may have been a tad too intrusive.

Grause giggled as he remembered the first time he, Harrington and Michael had set up camp once he had joined their 'troupe'. He lay on his back looking at the stars, humming a tune 'The very same tune i'm humming now', he thought as he came back to the present. He smiled at Violet sheepishly, "I can understand why you could ignore a ceiling like that with food like this." he gestured with his hands at the great assortments of edibles. He almost wanted to laugh at the thought of going back to Germany to see the only other friend he made there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back